• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New way to get a smash ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash Ace
From today's update:

First things first: get the Smash Ball!

It looks like Ike is grabbing the smash ball (you know, with a grab), rather than hitting it with a physical attack. The smash ball itself looks significantly darker. Compare:

I wonder how this works. Unless I'm being an idiot (which is very possible), we haven't seen this before. Did anyone try grabbing a smash ball at E4A?

Pure speculation: you can get the smash ball in one grab, assuming of course that you're on the ground, without spending time breaking it open.

Comments? Thread lockiness because I'm being dumb? New Ideas?

konoha107

Smash Apprentice
HMMM...the darker SB surely is a curiousity...I think...is Sakurai getting emo (jk)?

Blindman

Smash Journeyman
The fake OC, because I'm nothing like them.

I'm colorblind, but I'm pretty sure this Smash Ball is more green/yellow on the top, more purple/blue on the bottom than the others. They change color during the time they're shown, don't they?

I hadn't thought about the grab; though we can't say Ike is grabbing in that picture, we could say that that could be a possibility to find out about later.

PS: Again, TC, I ask, why are you equal to "e"?

heety9

Smash Journeyman
I'd say that was a punch, too. He would have his fist open if he wanted to grab anything. XD

Zjiin

Smash Master
I think the color of the smash ball varies depending on when you took the screenshot. As for the action, it looks like a grab (end animation when he's actually "grabbing") but it also looks like a fist. Maybe Gimpyfish could tell us if Ike had a fist jab or a quick swipe with his sword for standing attacks.

All things aside, they might have just used the grab animation to make a nice screenshot for the update even though it isn't applicable in game play.

MetaNiGHTs

Smash Cadet
I agree with the previous posters
In all the vids that Ive seen the smash ball flashes different colors over time

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman
The Smash Balls change colors like Fiber Optic decorations.

That is Ike's jab, not a grab. He broke the Smash Ball with the jab (you can actually see "shards" coming out from the Smash Ball in that pic).

/end topic

Zjiin

Smash Master
Super Smash Bros. is NOT business, don't treat it like it is.

My god, it's supposed to be fun.
It's a business when money is involved. It was wrong for Brawlpro to degrade what other people play for, but it was also wrong for you to assume that professional players don't consider serious playing fun.

Smash Ace

That is Ike's jab, not a grab. He broke the Smash Ball with the jab (you can actually see "shards" coming out from the Smash Ball in that pic).

/end topic
You're probably right. I was going off of this picture, in which Ike has a similar stance and is certainly grabbing. However, in hindsight, it probably is just a jab. Sorry.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
It could also be that it's dark because Ike broke the friggen thing, not because it only changes color. I mean, why else would it be darker instead of having vivid colors? Also, you can see some strange sort of energy smoke thing.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411

/end topic

THANK you for finally pointing this out! Amazing how it's pointed out first that Ike is jabbing with his fist, but not that he's actually breaking the Smash Ball...

Plus, yes, the Smash ball changes colors as it moves around...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom