• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Weegee Meta: Fireball Boost

Broasty

Smash Journeyman
So this isn't really meta that will make anyone able to win every match with Weegee or anything, but it'll add to options in terms of mobility/speed. So if you WD backwards to a ledge of any sort and Fireball as soon as you can out of WD and make it so the distance you started the maximum distance WD is spaced perfectly so that the fireball animation starts RIGHT before you get off the ledge then you'll be propelled away at a pretty good speed. Uses? Perhaps chasing a character off stage for a kill or getting across the stage starting from a platform...really this is a very situational thing, but hey, more Weegee knowledge!

Hyper Crasher

Smash Apprentice
That's been known for a while in Melee and it's been known to work in PM too. It's called the Vududash. It's helpful for approaching via platform and gimmicky edgeguards.

Riceykins

Smash Rookie
If you want to be lazy you can do the same thing by holding shield before going off the ledge backwards and it'll put you into a tumbling animation, you can't act out of it as fast though.

Last edited:

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Like Hyper Crasher said, this has been well known (amongst Luigi players at least) for a while and was in Melee. Also you don't need to wavedash backwards, you can go forwards as well.

An example of a Vududash edgeguard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4_LATtG8Mw

If you want to be lazy you can do the same thing by holding shield before going off the ledge backwards and it'll put you into a tumbling animation, you can't act out of it as fast though.
That doesn't take you anywhere near as far as a perfectly executed Vududash.

Last edited:

Riceykins

Smash Rookie
In melee it doesn't carry any of his momentum, but in project m it does and it sends you even farther than a vuvudash would. If I'm correct in assuming that the max distance a vuvudash can go is a bit past the ledge on battlefield from the top platform (same as that video) then the shield tumble goes the same distance AND keeps momentum as long as your tumbling. The vuvudash loses it's momentum.

Last edited:

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
In melee it doesn't carry any of his momentum, but in project m it does and it sends you even farther than a vuvudash would. If I'm correct in assuming that the max distance a vuvudash can go on battlefield is a bit past the ledge on battlefield from top platform (same as that video) then the shield tumble goes the same distance AND keeps momentum as long as your tumbling. The vuvudash loses it's momentum.
Really? Shows my lack of Project M knowledge; I'll have to experiment with that. I wonder if that will be kept in the final version when the shield physics are as much like Melee as they're going to get.

tauKhan

Smash Lord
Platform drop doesn't have max air speed in pm either so you can "vududash" by doing wd into platform drop. It works with every character.

ThegreatVaporeon1

Smash Ace
Yeah the backwards wavedash to tumble takes you pretty far. I usually do it when my opp is offstage and then follow up with a bair, it usually kills them because they're too far off the side already. It's a pretty neat trick.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Sounds useful.. Especially when considering I'm slowly starting to leave Luigi as my main for Samus, this might be enough for me to hold on to him if I can pull it off.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Related to Shield-Vududashing:
You also go over edges if facing towards them, can shield out of a dash while retaining momentum, and are (usually) immune to hitboxes that have hit your shield. Combined, a possible new tactic is dashing towards an edge then shielding, protecting you from any attack until you fall off and can instantly and safely respond with an aerial. Shield pushback might ruin this, though; I haven't actually checked.

A related tactic that I've done accidentally but have not yet reliably implemented into play is shielding on an edge and getting pushed off, again allowing for an aerial counterattck.

Top Bottom