• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Wii-colored GCN controller to hit Japan soon!

NDUDE

Smash Ace
For those of you who still want to buy a GCN controller for Brawl but can't find one, read this:

http://gonintendo.com/?p=39892

Nintendo's going to start selling white GCN controllers (white to match the Wii) in Japan soon. Chances are, we'll see this go international (if not, you could just import it). No word on a Wavebird version yet.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Wavebirds are already white. XD

Looks good though I might get it only if it comes out here.

balzin

Smash Rookie
Cord length is nice, but I don't think I would buy a new GCN wired controller just because its white. Call me when they make a wavebird version.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Kinda but not much as a difference as purple/black/(insert other color schemes released.) But I'd like to see it too.

JusticeWillPrevail

Smash Cadet
Very very nice. I was gonna buy a new controller for brawl since mine are quite old and I dunno if anything will start to go on em, but I'm gonna wait for this beauty to come out first.

ALFET

Smash Cadet
<3Beautiful.

I had bought a White controller before but it was 3rd party and sucked ***, and I was disappointed cause it was so beautiful ;~;

Can't wait.

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
:D
I don't know what it is, but the only controller I have that works perfectly is the one that came with my system. I've bought a wired madcats, it didn't even show up as a controller plugged in. I bought a wireless madcats, the stick snapped of the spring after a week. I bought a first party orange nintendo-made one (used), the c-stick always reads as pointing up, even when it's in neutral (and yes, I have made sure it was in neutral when I turned the GCN on.). I'm looking forward to another wireless eries, hopefully that'll be announced next. I may have to retire "trusty silver".

*is shot*

Iraku

Smash Cadet
It really is fitting for Wii/VC games that let you use the GCN controller, and it looks great. I've needed a new Gamecube controller as well, so I hope that I don't have to import it. Makes me wonder what happened to the Wii coming in more colors than white though.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
id be to scared to use it, cause itll get dirty easy and i tend to drop my controllers sometimes

D13

Smash Ace
It looks real snazzy. I'll probably get a few for when my friends come over. And because my other controllers are definitely showing signs of use. >_>

D.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5257-9865-7609
That's pretty convenient since I've been needing a new controller for a month or two now.

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
I might buy one.. since I only have 3 GCN controllers at the moment. But I bought a Teal one before Brawl was released. Mixed thoughts.

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
I'll probably end up buying one or two of these. I've gone through a very large number of third party GC controllers over the years. All of them break far, far too quickly in one way or another. Only first party controllers seem to have the slightest resilience, but they're difficult to find in stores, commonly. I thought Nintendo said it would continue production of GCN controllers since they're functional with certain Wii games, but it hardly seems like it, since new GC controllers are hard to find. Maybe I made that up, or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places.

Or maybe, I guess, this is the eventual realization of that claim. In any case, I'm sick of living off crappy third party controllers, my roommate's original GC controller that came with his system that has the C-Stick inputting up by default, and the 2 borrowed GC controllers from my friend that have the rubber on the joystick chewed off by his brother when he was teething several years ago.

A new batch of first party controllers is definitely going to be a purchase in the near future for me.

bnestman

Smash Cadet
Right on I was gonna pick up a new one for brawl since I spray painted my last one and thought it would look cool...turns out spray paint and controllers is a bad mix....anyways i hope they come here so i can pick one up!

=Samus-Aran=

Smash Journeyman
I'm getting this.

My newest controller's A button keeps getting jammed. (Suprisingly, I'm using the first one I ever got, and it works the best.) So I'll replace it with that nice one.

=S-A=

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Meh, silver is better. White is all "ohhh, what am I." Black is all "ohhh, I'm dirty." Purple is all "ohhh, I'm gay." Teal is all "ohhh, I'm odd." Orange is all "ohhh, I'm odder." Silver is "I'm sexy *****."

=ArtH=

Smash Apprentice
I'm buying 2-3. 1-2 for practice, 1 for tourneys. This will be a sexy replacement for my Silver one.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
The white is going to be WAY overused now though. Silver was the original *****. White will never replace it! NEVAAAAAAR!

*gets slapped*

Ow, yeah... meh, I've got a brand new silver one, so it's more amazing than the others XD

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
Silver is overused. Lost is flare. Same with my Pink Xbox360 Controller, it isn't as appealing as it used to be.
Ha, my friends were going to buy me a pink 360 controller as a gift. I told them that I'd rather buy myself a black one.

White is sexier than Silver. Reference > iPods.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Lol at those of you going "white is beautiful" and "****in sexy."

Racists. Why can't the black controller be those things?

Nice to see how racist Smashboards is.

Frey

Smash Journeyman
Lol at those of you going "white is beautiful" and "****in sexy."

Racists. Why can't the black controller be those things?

Nice to see how racist Smashboards is.
Lol at that one.

You guys do know you can get white gcn controllers for like 13 bucks and thats for 2 of them, dont let nintendo rehash **** and make you buy it.

Top Bottom