• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"New Yoshi's" Thread

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
Welcome All New Yoshi's
this thread is designed so those yoshi's who just came or havent said anything can say hello to the other yoshi's and be part of the yoshi boards.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Hi Im new....you guys have Never seen or heard of me on these forums before.

Im Shy, and umm.... I like to take long walk on the beaches and candle light dinners.
I think when you take a girl out you should do it with class.
If you choose me to be your Bachelor, I will ....unrock your world.

For more details go to my site at www. Myface.com/Single/Small_bulge/lonely/Chronopenguin.php

Lawl.

But seriously Just stopping to say Hi, and a Welcome to Yoshidom to any Yoshi hopefuls.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I wonder if I post here people will consider me to be new. I tend to be ignored quite often. XD

...*cry*

*cough*

Welcome to all new Yoshi players! ^_^

Big Red

Smash Journeyman
Meh, I've been playing Yoshi since Brawl came out, been to a few tourneys and the like, but I don't end up posting so much here, so yeah. Haiz

Big Red

Smash Journeyman
haha, kicking your *** is hardly the term I'd use. You had a good Yoshi if I remember right. And Brawls been OK I guess, I feel like i haven't gotten any better since like summer lol.

Tidycats29

Smash Cadet
NNID
supadino007
Switch FC
4953-1106-1226
I've been coming to this site since ever
many years
but only recently i decided to make account

i mostly go to any close tourney but i play online a lot

if anyone feels bored and wants to brawl feel free to comment me or pm me
i would brawl any1 if i'm on

bigman40

Smash Master
I'm just that random Yoshi mainer. XD I started playing competitively in Aug 07 so yeah.....but I can say I've gotten at least good at smash.

Unfortunately, my college's internet went to suckorzville and I can't play and online until I go home. Although, I'm going to head to more tourneys soon, and if anyone can travel to GA then let me know and I'll see if I can find a tourney being hosted here.

Also, if MLG gets brawl, then you can count me in at being at one of the them.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
i've been playing smash bros since the original but only recently got into competitive play and haven't been to many tourneys...i've become like a dual main with Yoshi and Sheik

i'm mostly in Dallas for school though sometimes in Houston too

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I've been into competitive smash since November of 2006. My melee Ganondorf was fantastic >:). Look him up, his name was Clue.

I got into Yoshi a few months after Brawl came out when I decided that Gdorf didn't stand much of a chance in some matchups. I've played off and on in Brawl for a while, because it isn't a good competitive game, but it has more players than anything else, so I got a bit more into it recently. Also, because I became a dad 3 weeks ago, I haven't really played. It's my hobby, however, and I'm not going to quit.

I'd lose all my smasher friends ; _ ;

Chaco

Never Logs In
Oh lawdy, we needed this.

I'm Chaco.
I make to many threads.
I tend to get pissed at trolls.
And Niko hates me. :]]

pidgey14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Redpidgey
hey I'm a Yoshi main who can't make up his mind on staying here or leaving here.

I use red for Yoshi and, out of all me and my friends... im the only one who plays smash competitively :( no smash tourneys near me at all. My area is nintendo hated just for fifa and Pro Evolution Soccer -_-

I get really annoyed at ignorant smashers who never listen to us.

Airborne

Smash Lord
hey I'm a Yoshi main who can't make up his mind on staying here or leaving here.

I use red for Yoshi and, out of all me and my friends... im the only one who plays smash competitively :( no smash tourneys near me at all. My area is nintendo hated just for fifa and Pro Evolution Soccer -_-

I get really annoyed at ignorant smashers who never listen to us.
you live in scotland, though..... beer and sheep as far as the eye can see!!!

pidgey14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Redpidgey
I know I live in scotland. I dont like the scottish thread here. it is mainly melee and poker and people annoying me cuz I main Yoshi. There is never a tourney based on brawl here... except from the failstation one :'(

Gindler

Smash Champion
Well...I'm a yoshi main, have been since 64 which sucked do to death combos.

But yeah I haven't been to a tourney in a while (usually buy food), I only enjoy playing doubles or against a snake or MK in singles (stupid right?)

So yeah, hey guyz

Ghostflames

Smash Rookie
hey guys, I'm new, yoshi main since the 64 :D

anyways, im pretty bad, but hope to get better, im up for a brawl (almost) anytime, to anyone who wants to face me.

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
lol this thread is succsesful :cool:

well im Edge im pretty good with yoshi, probably above average.
i am very unconsistent in matches but guess that part of my style. i never play offline cause i have no one to face competely, trying to make my signature grab gamez more know hopefully i can go agaisnt someone and record so matches, i hope to get some vids on youtube.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Been a yoshi main since 64

im pretty good in the tournies ive entered, and won my first online tournament undefeated :D

Ive been brawling some of you guys with messed up controllers for a bit, but now ive got a shiney new one, so if anyone's up for some brawls, just let me know :)

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
u guys are so old when 64 came out i was 5 and 7 when melee came out... i played melee but i was just one of those noobs who played items on high and spammed mewtwo's shadow ball

ArowYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Appalachian State University/ West Jefferson, NC
Hi my name is AROW, and i main Yoshi!

Ive used Yoshi since the 64, but i didnt main him until melee, and didnt get competitive until brawl.
I do Okay in tourneys, placing decent, not great in two tourneys, and winning one local tournament.
Im always in the mood to play someone different or new, (because i only have my brother to play, and im the only one where i live that takes brawl seriously apparently). So if you want to fight, lets fight.
Im shy, so dont expect a lot of crap from me, infact you will probly never hear from me unless you know me personally. If your curious as to what i look like, my picture is in my profile. apparently i look like a douche by that picture so take my word for it, im not.

digs

Smash Rookie
Hey folks. I'm not exactly a new Yoshi player, nor am I new to this whole scene at all. I just never noticed this thread, nor do I post much. A bad combo I suppose...

Anyways, my Yoshi was born from my boredom with playing Marth in Melee. I stopped coming here way back in '06 when I couldn't find any local competition, and I started using Yoshi instead of Marth, just for fun. So, the skills I developed there carried over to Brawl. And now he's my main, and I'm here. What do you know, right?

I suppose that the fact that Yoshi's been my favorite video game character for a quite some time might have helped push me along this path, but that's not important...

In any case, I'm going to try to be more active from now on, maybe do some online tournaments or something, if I can. We'll see how things work out.

On a side note, I'm always up for a match, so send me a message sometime, and hopefully I'll have time to play. Schoolwork kills your free time, especially when your major is engineering.

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
Ive also been playing Yoshi since 64
Competitive since Brawl. Trying to make a name for myself and the Colorado scene in general.

Makes me feel old to think that some of you were to young to even play smash64...

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
actually i'm surprised how many ppl here have played him since 64...seems like we have some good experience in these boards just need more tourney-goers (me included lol)

Top Bottom