• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 23 // MGS3 Villains Mafia - Game Over

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Ok. If we had no other options left would you be ok with lynching Vinyl, Loli? Why or why not?

No other options left? Right now I would go Monst over Vinyl. If you mean a different day or my view on monst changes then it will depend on what my read is on vinyl later. So it will depend on the circumstances.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah like... if we couldn't lynch anyone but Vinyl or no lynch, would you lynch Vinyl? That's my question.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Also Loli. This is the first time I have seen you be a bit more pro-active, usually you lurk and don't know what to say. Did you just get more interested in games or what?
lol I almost missed this. The first time you played with me it was my first game so I was very scared. Like i'm always nervous about posting in general because i don't want to sound stupid or have people laugh at my reads if I'm wrong but after the last newbie game i played where i said I DONT CARE LALALALA i feel more okay with actually posting since I cant sound as dumb as i did there.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Yeah like... if we couldn't lynch anyone but Vinyl or no lynch, would you lynch Vinyl? That's my question.
If it's a choice between lynching Vinyl and having a no lynch then yes I would vote vinyl because I wouldn't want a no lynch.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Monst: post 72 You said you had something to go off of which was why you vote vinyl but what was it that you had to go off of?

post 128 If you weren't convinced Vinyl was scum then why vote him? Does this not contradict your "play style" ? You say you vote the person you are most suspicious of but then here you're saying you weren't convinced.

post 137 This just seems like a wishy washy way of trying to look like you're doing something without actually doing something imo.

post 148 This is where you mention your playstyle and give a reason why you voted vinyl. Also, want to know what information did you get off of stems lynch?

Fos:Monst I want you to answer me

I have a town lean on badwolf based off meta only since other than that i don't think he's done much else.Soup is a null and Ran I put as town(This is actually me crossing my fingers and hoping i'm right). Monst i have as most likely scum. Vinyl and Ttar i have as null which could go either way.

Also, please note I won't always be able to be here since my work takes A LOT of my free time. Please do not end days quickly without having everyone here again. I'm most likely going to have to wall it or rather do what I just did with my post.
Loli, it seems like you are trying to make Monstrmna's actions seem to be more than what they really are. For example, the exact reason Monstrmna voted Vinyl was for the quote he quoted of Vinyl. I don't see how you can confused that with malicious intent, and it seems like you are asking him just to make him clarify something he doesn't have to, like tacking on a question to a suspicious target. (The reason for his vote is stated, but you act like you have a concern of not knowing why he was voting)

The rest of your post shows you trying to paint Monstra in a scummy light, instead of bringing new information to the table. For example, you mention that it is scummy for him to vote his top suspicion yet still not be entirely sure, which isn't true. You try to make that into something scummy, and I find you are trying to mislynch Monstra.

You also ask Badwolf and Vinyl questions, Town read and Null read, yet you don't even ask Ttar anything (another null read). You also don't ask Soup anything, as he is a null to you as well.

This is why I'm voting for you.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey Vinyl, I made a case. Will you vote Loli with me?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Vinyl. said:
Rag, if there's anything you'd like to share on loli, please do any time.
Nothing in particular. I'm reading current posts and then will go through the thread again and re-assess some players.

#HBC | ѕoup

Hey Ranmaru, let's switch to Monstrmna.

Unvote; Vote: Monstrmna

#HBC | ѕoup

The reason I'm switching to Monstrmna is that I feel like he is not being solid enough on his stances and is being careful for no reason, I looked back and I instantly caught on that same intuition I had in the first place, I had it as plausibly STEM/Monstrmna as stated before but that's thrown out the window but that doesn't mean I still don't suspect him or believe he should be ignored, especially how he's handled the game so far.

#HBC | ѕoup

I believe LoliLovesRain is suspect but not enough of an issue where I want to put her over Monstrmna.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Alright yo.

Vote: Monstrmna

Bad, there is nothing wrong with re-evaluating your reads.

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
My only real reads for now are a slight scum read on Vinyl, and a slight town read on Badwolf.

Now, I have to ask.

Ran, how are you so certain Soup is on your side? Same question for you, Soup. How are you sure you can trust Ran?

Badwolf, I'd be interested to hear what you have to say

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
/ VOTECOUNT 2-1

LoliLovesRain (0);
TyranitarPhantom (0);
BadWolf28738 (0);
Monstmrna (2); Ragnarock, Ranmaru
Vinyl. (0);
Ranmaru (0);
Ragnarock (0);

Not Voting (5); LoliLovesRain, TyranitarPhantom, Badwolf28738, Monstmrna, Vinyl.,

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch!
Deadline is Sunday, September 16th, at 7PM EST.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm cool with Soup because I have no [visible] reason to distrust him. I already see him trying to find scum, and I can understand his switch because I myself see Monstrmna as scummy. I understand why he is trying to push back his way. Sometimes, you want to let some things go because you are afraid of just tunneling a possible townie, yet you re-read and find that that person is the right direction. (In this case, a possible scummate omgused me and became a priority) I have done this myself in past games, and I will repeat: It's ok to re-evaluate your reads. It's very townie, and very beneficial to town because you don't want to be wrong. Sure, you shouldn't just be going 'oh wait... this guy... ok NO, go back!' etc. But it's beneficial to double check your reads so you save townies and lynch mafia.

Now, give reasons to your recent reads, please.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
My only real reads for now are a slight scum read on Vinyl, and a slight town read on Badwolf.

Now, I have to ask.

Ran, how are you so certain Soup is on your side? Same question for you, Soup. How are you sure you can trust Ran?

Badwolf, I'd be interested to hear what you have to say
I'm slightly wary of Ran and Soup right now. Soup as a meta usually persues only one person throughout a Day. He's really hard to put off track and I'm surprised that he went from Loli to Monst that quickly. Ran I'm worried about because his [slight] sheeping wrt Soup. Other than that I'm not exactly sure.

V/LA until sometime saturday. Wish me luck on the ACT's

Monstmrna

Smash Rookie
So let me get this straight. You force me to bring up a case that I haven't readied yet, then simply because I'm unsure of it I'm scum? Okay. Cool. Least I know where I stand in all of this.

I said I was around the same suspicion level of vinyl as I was of STEM, hence I kept my vote on vinyl. I'm still suspicious of vinyl for play earlier in the day. What I learned from the stem lynch:

Wait

Why does this look like sheep?
Vinyl accuses BSP of sheeping

I think I just read enough.

Vote: STEM
Right after he did it himself, and it reeks of scum

vote:vinyl

And now, I have a confession to make... This is like my second game on the site, and back when I first started mafia, I used to have a record of always getting day one lynched because people didn't like my extreme heavy aggressive playstyle... I was really scared you guys would day one lynch me here too, so I wanted to tone it back a bit... obviously it backfired. I tend to let my emotions get the better of me in mafia, so when you guys suspected me, I got more frustrated than I would like and decided to take a step back from it. It's over now and I'm back though.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
We don't lynch based on playstyle though.

What's your opinion on Loli?

Monstmrna

Smash Rookie
Idk don't really have one. I mean, according to you guys her meta is lurking but here she is talking. All that really means is she changed her playstyle though.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Not just that though. What do you think of her push on you? Do you think it's good, bad, townie, scummy, etc?

Monstmrna

Smash Rookie
I guess I find it a little odd that she would FoS me right after asking the question, and it is a little frustrating to have to explain my playstyle multiple times. "I only lynch the most suspicious person" and when two people are around the same level of suspicion, neither one is the most suspicious person.

I don't really care though, because I'm far more suspicious of vinyl now.

Monstmrna

Smash Rookie
This vote is scummy as hell. Just saying. Also, I agree with Ttar

unvote

And seeing as this vote is the only thing I have to go off of now

vote: Vinyl
also to further answer the question, this post is self explanatory.

I quote a post from vinyl and say that post is the only thing I have to go off of.

#HBC | ѕoup

Monstmrna said:
So let me get this straight. You force me to bring up a case that I haven't readied yet, then simply because I'm unsure of it I'm scum? Okay. Cool. Least I know where I stand in all of this.
Your indecisiveness played a big part on my read on you, I don't understand the need for you to state something but not be sure about it in the first place, it's nice getting your thoughts out there but you seemed to be keeping your options open in a way.

I said I was around the same suspicion level of vinyl as I was of STEM, hence I kept my vote on vinyl. I'm still suspicious of vinyl for play earlier in the day. What I learned from the stem lynch:
Is this why you feigned uncertainty? Your point of sheeping is fine, and I'm impressed that you caught a detail like that.

And now, I have a confession to make... This is like my second game on the site, and back when I first started mafia, I used to have a record of always getting day one lynched because people didn't like my extreme heavy aggressive playstyle... I was really scared you guys would day one lynch me here too, so I wanted to tone it back a bit... obviously it backfired. I tend to let my emotions get the better of me in mafia, so when you guys suspected me, I got more frustrated than I would like and decided to take a step back from it. It's over now and I'm back though.
This is fine, we don't lynch on playstyle like Ranmaru stated before. Answer my questions and respond to this and we'll go from there.

#HBC | ѕoup

Ttar said:
Because he's my bro and his thoughts are simply matching up with mine, I am in a way wary about some things but simply put I won't be concerned about them unless I'm put in a position (like Lylo) where I have to consider all alternatives after my main scum-picks are taken care of. I play this game to find scum, but I also play it to get rid of the players who I think ARE scum. Even if i'm wrong, I gain something on the read I was wrong on and another thing to look at. Players have the mindset you have to always be right in order to be good at mafia, and that's simply wrong because you will not always be right, and in the cases that you are right you have to either have enough influence to get the lynch you want or have good convincing skills to make people want to side with you. This is what I'm looking for in this game, players who can show me that they're not afraid to lynch their scumreads or even go out there to convince me of them, I don't care if you're wrong, I care how much effort you put into it and if you genuinely took your time to read someone.

#HBC | ѕoup

I've stated these things many times before, this isn't a test, this is a learning experience. I expect everyone to jump into the Normal Queue after this once you've all gotten the hang of this game, even if you were dead wrong. It's all a learning experience, the harder you fall will only mean the greater you shall rise.

Let me tell you a personal story.

I started playing this game in 2010. I have 2 years of experience with mafia and have played about 45 games. I was a terrible player when I first started off, I got modkilled about seven times and I almost became a player who got permanently blacklisted. It wasn't because I was always wrong about my reads, it was because I was a problem to play with because I either didn't put effort into my games, didn't have any convincing skills, or did a ton of stupid things. I learned from all this and It really took me about my 25th game to get to where I am, to understand mafia fully and play at the level I'm at. I'd even say I improve every day, and that there is still room for improvement. Always strive for better.

Ranmaru could tell you a story or two also if he wanted.

#HBC | ѕoup

Badwolf said:
Soup as a meta usually persues only one person throughout a Day. He's really hard to put off track and I'm surprised that he went from Loli to Monst that quickly.
You mistake a meta from observation. I put priority in my reads and see to it that if a read doesn't change or I still scumread a player, that I will put all my efforts to lynch that player. I also have ulterior motives for half of my pushes also, some which are purely to reaction test.

#HBC | ѕoup

There is also the case where I will pressure a player, and feign agressiveness in order to see how they react. When I say "put this guy at L-1!" " hammer him!" I do mean it in a way, but I also am trying to get something out of the player AND the people who comply to hammer him.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Important Information:
LoliLovesRain has requested replacement, and is replaced by Acrostic, effective immediately

/ VOTECOUNT 2-2

Acrostic (0);
TyranitarPhantom (0);
BadWolf28738 (0);
Monstmrna (2); Ragnarock, Ranmaru
Vinyl. (1); Monstmrna
Ranmaru (0);
Ragnarock (0);

Not Voting (4); Acrostic, TyranitarPhantom, Badwolf28738, Vinyl.

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch!
Deadline is Sunday, September 16th, at 7PM EST.

#HBC | ѕoup

There isn't a direct answer, respond to my qualms and defend yourself.

#HBC | ѕoup

I stated my opinion on your response:

Your indecisiveness played a big part on my read on you, I don't understand the need for you to state something but not be sure about it in the first place, it's nice getting your thoughts out there but you seemed to be keeping your options open in a way.
Help me understand it, when someone has an issue or a concern, address it.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Oh........It didn't went far....

I'm fine with loli, but soup said it was nothing in particular for why he voted her.
And now that acrostic popped in, I got some questions for her.

Acrostic, I'd like to see what your current thoughts are when you finish catching up. Reads too if you don't mind.

Monstmrna

Smash Rookie
I told you guys I wasn't sure about it, and you guys were the ones hounding me to give you an answer anyway. And now you're upset when I act like I'm unsure of it?

Top Bottom