• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 16/Homestuck Trolls Mafia - Game over! Who won?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.

Welcome to your first game of Mafia on Smashboards! Mafia is a very fun game of strategy, psychology, and deception. While the game may seem a bit overwhelming at first, these "Newbie Mafia" games are designed to help players get into the swing of things. The game will be composed of nine players: Seven that are new to mafia, and two IC (Inexperience Challenged) players that will show you the ropes throughout the game.

Now for the mechanics of the game. Mafia is divided into two alternating phases of "Day" and "Night". During the Day players are allowed to post within the thread, debate amongst each other, and most importantly, vote for whom they would like to be lynched for that day. When a player has been voted for by a majority of the players, that player will be lynched and removed from the game! Following the players lynch, the game moderator will then reveal the player's alignment (Town, Mafia, Etc) and role to the rest of the players and the Day Phase will end. During the Night Phase, the entire thread goes silent. However, Mafia will still be able to talk amongst themselves privately. Through private communication, they'll then be able to select one player to kill for the night, and, baring nothing prevents this action, the player will show up dead the following morning, having their alignment and role revealed. This process continues until either all of Mafia are eliminated through lynch, or Mafia eliminates enough players to have control over the town and its votes.

As a mafia player, you're often going to find that game are based around a "theme," or as we call it, a "flavor." The particular "flavor" of this game is Homestruck trolls mafia. Please note that this is an open set up, and that all roles have been paired up to the flavor entirely at random (thus someone who's a "bad guy" flavor wise may be town, and vice verse). Thus knowledge of the flavor is neither necessary nor beneficial towards your success in this game.

[collapse=Set Up]
1 town tracker
1 town doctor
5 vanilla townies

vs.

1 mafia roleblocker
1 mafia goon

[/collapse]

[Collapse=Rules]
Fundamentals
1.) Have fun and do not personally attack another player in an offensive manner.
2.) Once you have died in the game, you are only allowed to make 1 more post which should consist of “bah go scum/town”.
3.) No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise.)
4.) Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
5.) Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.
6.) I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
7.) You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
8.) You may not post screenshots of any kind.
9.) The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
10.) You may not quote logs of communication with other players. You are free to paraphrase.
11.) Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
12.) Failure to adhere to the rules will result in replacement or modkill based on the moderator's discretion.

Voting and Lynching

1.) Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Brosukle.
2.) To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: Swiss.
3.) No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.
4.) After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. The Twilight phase ends when I post the lynch scene and officially begin the Night phase.
5.) The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
6.) There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase, the thread should be closed anyway.

Activity and Deadline
1.) You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you if feasible. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
2.) I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
3.) Days will last 8 days.
4.) Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught.

Game-specific
1.) The game mod is the game god. However, if you feel the game god happens to be testing your faith by placing an error in the game, then please feel free to point it out via PM
2.) All roles are assigned entirely at random.
3.) Modkills only end days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, day continues. In the event that a player is modkilled during twilight/night, the modkill will affect the next day phase (meaning that day would automatically end if the player is town and that day would continue as normal if otherwise). Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
4.) All of these rules are written on a dry erase board. In the event of a conflict between these rules and any game-specific rules or mod communication, the game-specific rules/mod communication take precedence. [/collapse]

[Collapse=Player List]
Complete List
1. Serin
2. Courier
3. Vinyl.
4. Orboknown
5. Darkside
6. ORI_bro
7. Cilvyn
8. J (IC)
9. Ryker (IC) Soupamario (SE)

Alive

2. Courier
4. Orboknown

Dead
3. Vinyl. (Aradia Megido, mafia roleblocker) lynched Day 1.
6. ORI_bro (Tavros Nitram, vanilla townie) died Night 1.
7. Cilvyn (Gamzee Makara, vanilla townie) lynched Day 1.'
9. Soupamario (Equius Zahhak, vanille townie) died Night 2.
8. J (Kanaya Maryam, vanilla townie) lynched Day 3.
5. Darkside (Eridan Ampora, vanilla townie) lynched Day 4.
1. o-Serin-o (Karkat Vantas, town doctor) died during the Night.
[/collapse]

#HBC | Dancer

Role PMs + The sample role PM will be sent out later today. In the mean time, feel free to use this thread as a means for open discussion.

Cilvyn

Smash Rookie
For I'm not at all familiar with the theme (or TV tropes), can sworddancer explain me a bit what the theme is about? I googled it a bit, im not lazy! and got on this site http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/HomestuckTrollsOne Do I have to choose one of the brightly coloured members of the 12 token party as sort of character I play in this game? In that case I choose Feferi. Otherwise enlighten me oh mighty ICs!!*worship*

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
For I'm not at all familiar with the theme (or TV tropes), can Sworddancer explain me a bit what the theme is about? I googled it a bit, (I'm not lazy!) and got on this site http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/HomestuckTrollsOne. Do I have to choose one of the brightly coloured members of the 12 token party as sort of a character I play in this game? In that case I choose Feferi. Otherwise enlighten me oh mighty ICs!!*worship*
You wait until he (the mod, Sworddancer) sends you a role PM containing your role and character.

#HBC | Dancer

Future note Cilvyn, don't edit posts during the game. Right now it's fine, since the game hasn't started yet. Just remember that when it does, it is against the rules to edit.

Also, remember that the theme of this game is irrelevant to your success in it. It's there simply to make it a bit more "fun," if you will. Also remember that the roles are assigned out completely at random. You do not get to choose what role you get.

Cilvyn

Smash Rookie
Ye, I know about the roles and editting, but my grammar was so bad I had to edit it... About the theme, can you tell me more about it? I know it's inrelevant for my succes, but I would like to make this game as cool as possible, so more background information about the fluff is always welcome!

#HBC | Dancer

Role PMs going out now. Confirm by quoting your role pms back to me in a pm. The game will start when everyone confirms.

#HBC | Dancer

Still waiting for Darkside to confirm. If he dos not confirm by the end of today, then the game will start without him.

#HBC | Dancer

Vote Count

1. Serin
2. Courier
3. Vinyl.
4. Orboknown
5. Darkside
6. ORI_bro
7. Cilvyn
8. J
9. Ryker

Not voting: o-Serin-o, Courier, Vinyl., Orboknown, Darkside, ORI_bro, Cilvyn, J, Ryker

Day one begins!

With 9 alive it take 5 to lynch. The deadline has been set to 11/12/11 at 11:59pm EST.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Expect me to be a little inactive while F&L mafia finishes up. In the mean time, Serin, tell me what you've gained from the last game you've played. ORI, I believe I've seen you around, what do you think our general Day 1 game plan should be?

Vote Vinyl

P.S. - Hey J baby, this is, what, four games we're both in?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Ehh, I still have a lot of **** to work on, but I feel like alot of my reads could use work. That or I could just, like, learn how detect certain ****.

Vote: J

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
F&L/Lost/Newbie/AT...wow that is 4 games we are both in. o.o

~~~~~~

Hiiiiiya newbies! I'm J and I'm going to be your IC with Ryker. We are basically just going to play the game the same way we both normally do, but while trying to help you guys to teach ya how to work on learning this extremely fun parlor game. When either myself or Ryker are talking by teaching, consider it a null-tell of our alignments. *Null-tells are basically tells that do not show discernment between Mafia or Town. Just ike Scum-tells are also considered for Anti-Town factions like Mafia or Independent roles.*

If you ever have any questions whatsoever about any terms or anything that pops into your mind about the mafia in general feel free to ask me or Ryker. We will be happy to help. For me, if you would like our attention directly I suggest you this so we know you need some advice in the way we can help you.

@ICs: What does this term mean?

At the current time, we will be delving into RVS which stands for Random Voting Stage where people vote for somewhat random reasons. This phase is used to kick-start the game in a sort of fun friendly way. In also can be called RQS which stands for Random Question Stage where people will ask random questions to try and generate activity to have the players and could start to form real questions towards a person's alignment.

Some basics that most likely should be known for playing mafia is using correct grammar and to just have fun! =D Please do not attack people on a personal level purely because it makes the game less fun for not only the people in the argument but the people watching said argument.

I will be using the little squiggly things to differentiate from me playing the game and me talking in my IC voice. ^^ I believe I am done for my little intro so if you have anything just let one of us know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote: Ori_bro

;___; I called you the last time we played but then I got deadline lynched.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Make it a point to remember things to ask in the post game as well such as "Why did you do X?" You can't answer everything in the context of the game because it can ruin what you want to do. RVS, for example, is a subject that could use much explaining, but it does you no good to explain what you're doing in the game.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Yay this is finally up ^__^; Hello trolls! This is just going to be my RVS before I V/LA till monday night because of APEX.

Vote: Vinyl

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Really? Why should I tell you if I can get you lynched without telling you why you were voted. What does it profit me?

ORI has already explained why he voted you, so I wonder why you're so up in arms. Would a townie be so touchy about a couple votes?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Nah, I just thought I would start it off like that. But I guess there is no reason since the game has started. So yeah, that was pretty dumb.

Vote: Darkside

I got dinner ready and I don't want it to get cold.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Vote commands have to be in Bolded text
Vote:CilvynYour style of posting is rather annoying to me at the moment.
@ ICswhat are all the in thread commands we should need to know, such as Vote and whatnot?

Top Bottom