• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 22: Cave Story - Game Over!

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
That may be the best "Bah!" post I've ever seen.

Sorry I've been V/LA. Life got rough for me for a little while there. I'm around and haven't read. I'll read the game tonight.

I have nothing at the moment, but will have something when I get a chance to read. In the meantime, JDitz and Loli should tell me what my reads should be. Taco and MM should tell me what's wrong with them.
You should have a scum read on Badwolf and Toaster, dumb read on Loli, town on Sneaky and Monst, then look yourself over with a fine tooth comb.

What do you make of that? What if I told you that Loli didn't kill anyone last night?
I'd ask you not to lead the newbies too far astray.

@Ryker: I have a question for you as well. Why do you think JTB died last night? There's wifom and a half there.

JD: Do you have any reads on Ryker, Badwolf, or Loli?
Yes. Tentative town with a motive, scum (or insanely inept), dumb.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
That, and I don't think anyone but you and possibly Joker thought I was scum anyway.

That being said, why should anyone think you're town if your D1 scum list was, as you said, just the first couple of people who confirmed? As far as I care, nothing you've done so far has really helped anyone but yourself.

:laugh:
Where did I say that I wanted people to think I was town as if it matters? =/ Also, I liked my scum list.

@Jd: Thanks for noticing me being dumb day 1~ I prefer to call it having fun though. Can we call it that?

Also, it's only badwolf and toaster as scum?

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Oh I'm already having fun just looking at this.

What Loli said about Ryker concerns me. Loli could be a PR town and may be trying to CC Ryker's tracker, watcher, w/e call out. But if Loli was scum and wanted to CC Ryker, it would make less sense since Ryker called out Loli as stayed home during the night. As scum this would be advantageous for her to keep quiet, she would have nothing to gain on disputing the call. I thought about not posting this, but at this point if she is doc then the odds of her protecting night kill is still almost the same.
You are way overthinking this. Holy crap, this is just about as far as you can go without falling over. Where in the world did you get that Loli was a PR? I thought you had her as a scum read.

I feel Loli is null now, although her play is questionable. I think her idea was to lynch one random person and try to gauge everyone's reaction based on that play. She gave up finding scum since day 1 would be the most difficult to find scum, she may have choosen to act rashly to try and re-evauluate everyone's responses during the next day.
Don't care anymore, Loli is town, I would kill myself before killing her. My confidence level in this is over 9000.

In which case this situation would still point to Badwolf being scum, based on his hammer on a lynch based on questionable reasons; submitting a request to claim, not getting a claim from EITHER of them, then pushing his suspecion on the candidate with the most votes.
Read more, Loli claimed, Joker didn't. He wasn't going to work with me and therefore I felt he was better dead.

I don't understand why Badwolf would choose Joker over Loli. Even if he felt that Loli was being random, it doesn't justify him hammering Joker.
I disagree. His lynch gave me way more info than a Loli lynch.

Badwolf: You've only answered one of my points with an arguement that references games that most of us weren't a part of. Putting how useless that is aside, please explain why you chose to continually provoke the cop into investigating you, why did you not hesitate in making the identity of the cop more clear?
What? When did I ever even insinuate that JTB was cop? Remember how you had your vote on him. You're not turning this against me. I never even asked cop to claim, I just wanted him to investigate me.

Did you intentionally provoke the cop to post?
His choice entirely, he could have just said screw it and not have even made himself slightly known.

What advantage of knowing the cop did you weigh against exposing the cop?
I didn't give one half a crap about who the cop was, I only care that he was there. Again, I only wanted you to see that, despite your ideas, I am town.

Also, please explain why you defended yourself with a 'prove it' defence when questioned by Loli.
Would you rather have her not prove it? Hell, if we're playing like that I can claim Jesus, Saviour of Town. I don't have to prove it.

Btw this is the quote I'm talking about when I say niether of them claimed. He requested Loli and Joker to both claim, while neither did he choose Joker to lynch.

And this was RIGHT after he posted that he didn't trust Loli, twice.
You have yet to realize that Loli did claim, so this is invalid.

Unvote

I don't want anyone to hammer until Badwolf gives a proper rebuttal. But if I'm not satisfied I'm ready to lynch. Consider yourself L-1.
Cool.

Damn it, I was really close to just hammering him (everyone's cases against him check out and his arguments are lacking), but you're right. Let him defend himself with more smugness. Regardless of how silly it gets it's still pretty entertaining.
Can you take a pic of your face when I flip town? I'll look at it when I'm sad. It'll be effing hilarious.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Can you take a pic of your face when I flip town? I'll look at it when I'm sad. It'll be effing hilarious.
If you're not scum, then you're just a useless, smug liability to town and I would love you dead regardless.

Unvote
Vote BadWolf

Now that he's posted, I wouldn't mind anyone hammering him. If my input mattered.

Your choice.

John2k4

The End of an Era
With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!

Badwolf(3): Monstmrna, Ryker, ToasterBrains

Not Voting(4): SneakyTako, JDietz, LoliLovesRain, Badwolf

Deadline is: 9/4, 11:59PM MST.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
So, assuming that I die.

6 players:
2 scum (Probably)
3 Town
1 Doc (probably)

Possibility 1:
D3: mislynch
N3: Town

2 Town
2 Scum
Endgame.

Possiblity 2:
D3: Scum lynch
N3: Town

1 Scum
2 Town
mylo

Pfft, good luck.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
EBWOP:

Possibility 3:
D3: mislynch
N3: Town Save
3 Town
2 Scum
mylo

Possibility 4:
D3: Scum lynch
N3: town Save
3 Town
1 Scum

Carries on for at least one more Day.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ryker, why are you voting badwolf again? I just noticed you did, I missed your reasoning. Just curious.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Oh I'm already having fun just looking at this.

You are way overthinking this. Holy crap, this is just about as far as you can go without falling over. Where in the world did you get that Loli was a PR? I thought you had her as a scum read.
I'm not saying that Loli is an PR. I'm considering why she would post something to refute Ryker's claim that she took no night action. It doesn't make a lot of sense from a scum perspective, but it would make sense if she is CCs Ryker. It's a matter of motive. And it's not a matter of over-thinking, it seems to me that you're not thinking like town at all.

Don't care anymore, Loli is town, I would kill myself before killing her. My confidence level in this is over 9000.
What you don't understand is that I don't care how sure you were, I'm asking WHY you were sure. In the two previous posts you state how unsure you were of Loli's play then you suddenly change your mind about her. That contradiction makes us uneasy, and your reasoning is something that none of us can reference/dispute. If you can't explain in a manner that can convince the rest of us this looks scummy. And assuming you had the realization that Loli's unorthodox play does not cater to some scum experience that you had seen her in a different game, why would you still vote for Joker?

Read more, Loli claimed, Joker didn't. He wasn't going to work with me and therefore I felt he was better dead.
Quote plz.

I disagree. His lynch gave me way more info than a Loli lynch.
Explain what Joker's lynch illustrated. To me it only illustrated how scummy you played, which seems contradictory since it was your decision.

What? When did I ever even insinuate that JTB was cop? Remember how you had your vote on him. You're not turning this against me. I never even asked cop to claim, I just wanted him to investigate me.
JTB's original post not only assumed that there would be a cop, but that we should revolve our strategy based on having a cop. Not only did you post once, but three times you called to investigate yourself. It doesn't make any sense to call the investigation on yourself when there were more pressing people to investigate (Loli). But by continually asking for an investigation, JTB posted why 'the cop' shouldn't investigate you. This to me was you baiting JTB into revealing himself as the cop.

Why did you want the cop to investigate you?

His choice entirely, he could have just said screw it and not have even made himself slightly known.
Why did you keep posting? Why did you keep arguing that the cop should investigate yourself?

I didn't give one half a crap about who the cop was, I only care that he was there. Again, I only wanted you to see that, despite your ideas, I am town.
Assuming you're town, you should have weighed the danger of revealing the cop against clearing yourself. Assuming your scum, your actions make much more sense. Convince me I'm wrong.

Would you rather have her not prove it? Hell, if we're playing like that I can claim Jesus, Saviour of Town. I don't have to prove it.
I'm asking why did you defend yourself in a matter that says 'Prove I'm scum'. With so little posts against it, we all know that would have been impossible, but since we can't prove your town we couldn't trust you either. You could have simply ignored her accusation and either explained town/scum reads, but you chose to ask for claims first, which by itself isn't scummy. But by hammering based on Joker's noncooperation doesn't make sense.

You have yet to realize that Loli did claim, so this is invalid.
Quote plz.

If you flip town, I'm sure the majority of the people here would blame you for acting scummy.

Last chance:

Badwolf: Who do you think is scum? And all the above.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
I'm not saying that Loli is an PR. I'm considering why she would post something to refute Ryker's claim that she took no night action. It doesn't make a lot of sense from a scum perspective, but it would make sense if she is CCs Ryker. It's a matter of motive. And it's not a matter of over-thinking, it seems to me that you're not thinking like town at all.
Loli isn't a PR but she is town. So if she was to CC Ryker, he would tunnel her so hard China would feel it.

What you don't understand is that I don't care how sure you were, I'm asking WHY you were sure. In the two previous posts you state how unsure you were of Loli's play then you suddenly change your mind about her. That contradiction makes us uneasy, and your reasoning is something that none of us can reference/dispute. If you can't explain in a manner that can convince the rest of us this looks scummy. And assuming you had the realization that Loli's unorthodox play does not cater to some scum experience that you had seen her in a different game, why would you still vote for Joker?
1. He always feels scummy to me. I just felt he was more scummy this time than the rest.

2. I had said that I had changed my mind on her because of her change in playstyle. She's (no offence) a newer player and I don't think that she would just change her entire playstyle when she had something that had earlier worked against stronger players.

3. I've said and I'll say again, Joker's lynch gave me more info. I wasn't into looking who was the more scummy, rather, who would have given the most amount of info.

Quote plz.
By Clicking This I hereby Forfeit my Soul to Badwolf.

Explain what Joker's lynch illustrated. To me it only illustrated how scummy you played, which seems contradictory since it was your decision.

JTB's original post not only assumed that there would be a cop, but that we should revolve our strategy based on having a cop. Not only did you post once, but three times you called to investigate yourself. It doesn't make any sense to call the investigation on yourself when there were more pressing people to investigate (Loli). But by continually asking for an investigation, JTB posted why 'the cop' shouldn't investigate you. This to me was you baiting JTB into revealing himself as the cop.

Why did you want the cop to investigate you?
Remember how I kept saying that the cop should either investigate me or Loli?

READ BETTER.

Why did you keep posting? Why did you keep arguing that the cop should investigate yourself?
*Headdesk*

Assuming you're town, you should have weighed the danger of revealing the cop against clearing yourself. Assuming your scum, your actions make much more sense. Convince me I'm wrong.
I wasn't expecting the fracking cop himself to be the one to call me stupid. Granted I could have gone about it in a more... graceful pattern. I just didn't feel like it.

I'm asking why did you defend yourself in a matter that says 'Prove I'm scum'. With so little posts against it, we all know that would have been impossible, but since we can't prove your town we couldn't trust you either. You could have simply ignored her accusation and either explained town/scum reads, but you chose to ask for claims first, which by itself isn't scummy. But by hammering based on Joker's noncooperation doesn't make sense.

Quote plz.
By Clicking this I hereby give all my money and possessions to Badwolf. Also I come out of the closet.

If you flip town, I'm sure the majority of the people here would blame you for acting scummy.

Last chance:

Badwolf: Who do you think is scum? And all the above.
I'll out reads soon.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
*rolls eyes* I was all ecstatic and happy when I saw my name said "King" then i found out he was a normal town with no active abilities. You'd think with a name like King I would have gotten a PR though wouldn't you? It sort of pissed me off a tad. But apparently I'm a leader of some village so I am trying to play the part of a leader~ RP'ing ftw.

Also, the only thing I dislike about people having to claim day1 is if they're a PR....they kind of get ****ed during the night but again I'm not a PR.

@Toaster: some players can't post with logic and hard fact. I for one don't use much logic and go based on feeling or vibes I get. I believe Monstrmrna is playing that way which is perfectly fine until you need to make a case on someone in which case yeah you're **** out of luck or you learn to sort of give logic. He's playing fine though because at least he's quoting the posts and showing you what makes him feel the way he feels.
Your faith in Loli blinds you from the truth. This is an example of a claim:
Santa, Vanilla Townie.

Don't you find it odd how she didn't tell you the name of her character or the name of her role? She simply tells us the the word 'king' is in her name and that she apparently has no PR. Part of the metagame of claiming is understanding the flavor of the game; usually roles corresp ond to role they had in the original setting. Why do you think she didn't post her role as I did? Was it perhaps that she didn't want to reveal her PR and had to come up with something to appease you? This post was not a claim in my book.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I have to V/LA this labor day weekend. Make sure you have your reads posted by then.

Last question for tonight, do you feel differently about how she reacted to Ryker?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Personally, I hate the hammer. If he flips town, I think that gives me everything I need to put someone else I don't like six feet under.
It puts us in a bad position if he flips town, but it also leaves us with an annoying liability if he lives. He doesn't really help town which is why he's one of my scum reads.

Who is it that you don't like?

sneakytako

Smash Lord
So, I've had some time to think it over.

This is what I think right now.

1.) Badwolf's explanation of trusting Loli is unrelatable.

2.) Badwolf's explanation of hammering Joker is unrelatable.

3.) Badwolf offered no views on what Joker's lynch revealed.

4.) Badwolf denies intentionally revealing JTB's role, only confirms unwittingly revealing him.

Based on these four facts

Vote: Badwolf

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Maybe if you weren't so undeniably useless you wouldn't have been considered scum.

Top Bottom