• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 7 v1.1! ovah! Mafia Wins!

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Vult: I'll take that to mean you find a vote on me for pressure to be useful. That's acceptable.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman

Purple

Hi guys!

Votes

Cello_Marl ($$$) Writer Kupo, X1-12, Vult_Redux
Vult Redux ()
X1-12 ($$$) Swiss, Isuyaru, Vanderzant
Tom ()
Vanderzant()
Swiss ()
Isuyaru ()
Riddle ($) Cello_Marl
Writer Kupo()

Not Voting: Tom ,Riddle ($$)

It takes 5/9 to lynch.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
unvote vote Writer Kupo

Say something.
Same applies to Tom.

...same applies to everyone.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
unvote vote Writer Kupo

Say something.
Same applies to Tom.

...same applies to everyone.
I'm really tired.

I did it to gather information which could only be attained in that fashion, and solidify my own personal theories. Isuyaru was very quick to jump on that wagon rather than take the much more reasonable position of saying that a No Lynch would have been my fault rather than his. Why? To avoid publicity. It was something he had done throughout the game; he was all too willing to ask questions, but had no interest in actually pursuing the answers.

That "WTF-lynch" was the best thing that could have happened to us. (Sidenote: @Tom: Sorry for making you read through all of that material only to get lynched)
Well I did say I knew why you did it. I just didn't like it. :\ It's a morality thing. I'll learn to get over it though.

But you were right about it being RVS.

My opinion on Writer Kupo goes unsaid, but it is there. If you know me, you know what it is, maybe. Hint, it's similar to my opinion of Riddle, although Riddle still has use.
I feel so loved. D:

I did know your opinion on me already though. I can't explain anything, which makes me even more worthless than Riddle. I'm completely alright with that opinion though, as it's rather accurate. :3

Vult, take your vote off of me or confirm that you really believe my action was scummy. Same to Kupo, though since your vote is more obviously RVS, you taking a position is more important.
Yeah, it was RVS.

Unvote Vote: X1-12

The way I see it (or at least first saw it when Cello pointed it out and Roxy first posted in response to it), lynching him right now is semi-justification for his rule breaking.

My other suspicion is Vult. I don't get the same feeling of "don't lynch this person" that I got last time. In fact, I'm kind of getting the complete opposite.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Writer Kupo said:
The way I see it (or at least first saw it when Cello pointed it out and Roxy first posted in response to it), lynching him right now is semi-justification for his rule breaking.
What the hell are you talking about?

You know what? Nevermind. I don't care anymore.

Unvote vote X1-12

Yay, we might actually hit Day 2. After 20 days.

If he isn't scum, pressure/lynch Riddle and Swiss. Vand is prolly town. Leaning town on Isu and Vult. Other than that, I got nothing. If he is scum, then I honestly have no idea.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Case Against Cello 1

I haven't done ANYTHING to make him think he's Town. I haven't asked a simple question to garner information once this game! I'm avoiding committing to an opinion. He should think it's Anti-Town! He's being agreeable and announcing me as town try to get knock me off his tail!

+ he just quickhammered

Lynch Cello tom. kthx.

Purple

Hi guys!

Votes

Cello_Marl ($$) X1-12, Vult_Redux
Vult Redux ()
X1-12 ($$$$$) Swiss, Isuyaru, Vanderzant, Writer Kupo, Cello_Marl
Tom ()
Vanderzant()
Swiss ()
Isuyaru ()
Riddle ()
Writer Kupo()

Not Voting: Tom ,Riddle ($$)

It takes 5/9 to lynch.

x1-12, the Vanilla Townie, gets sent to the stress reliever room. Night 1 Actions begin.

Night one actions due June 26th 6:00pm EST​

X1-12

Smash Champion
Bah Post

well, I preferred the first newbie Mafia 7 but this was interesting learning experience too, I'd like to say I stick by any of the points I made in this game.

Ps. I was using 'grass' to mean: to inform the authority figure of misdoings or rule-breaking

Purple

Hi guys!
Votes

Cello_Marl ()
Vult Redux ()
Tom ()
Vanderzant()
Swiss ()
Isuyaru ()
Riddle ()

Not Voting: Everyone($$$$$$$)

It takes 4/7 to lynch.

Writer Kupo, the Sane Doctor, has been sent to the stress reliever room.

Day 2 Begins

Isuyaru

Smash Cadet
Riddle, you were fine with Swiss suggesting a lynch so soon? Why?

@Isuyaru:

It does if any of X1/Kupo/Riddle decides that it does and expresses that with a vote (oh, wait).
Well, I was referring particularly to my explanation of my actions in the previous game.

"Wait" is such a relative term. How long does it take to type out "vote X1-12"? That long.
At first I laughed. But then I saw that it actually happened and became very confused.

Swiss said:
I think we should just go ahead and lynch X1-12. He's playing like he did last game and he was scum there.

Anyone think we shouldn't lynch? It would probably only take one person to pipe up and be honest and we can lynch someone else instead.
Don't really like how Swiss was talking about our options as being "lynch X1-12" or "lynch someone else" that early in the Day (that was post 18). I don't think it means much though. Also, would like to see a response to Vanderzant's #44.

Swiss, if you were concerned that you might be tunneling, why did you keep your vote on X1?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
All of my instincts are telling me Riddle really really needs to die.

Vote Riddle

Why did you not oppose the idea of any quicklynch, both in terms of me AND X-1, and specifically regarding Swiss's very early suggestion that X-1 be lynched? I know you said that he would be a good candidate, but why?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Where did I say I thought it unreasonable?

I merely wanted to know if OTHER people thought it unreasonable - regardless of my opinion.
But WHY did you want to know. If you didn't agree with the lynch/want X1 quick lynched why did you vote for him?

Swiss said:
So no-one thinks we're being too harsh? Everyone is cool with the lynch? All it'll take is one good townie to admit we're being a little harsh and we can back off - wouldn't want to tunnel after all, someone unbiased would be nice.
Why couldn't You be the "one good townie" who stepped up? I don't understand why you were biased against X1.

Swiss

Smash Lord
But WHY did you want to know. If you didn't agree with the lynch/want X1 quick lynched why did you vote for him?
You aren't understanding - I DID NOT say I didn't want the lynch in D1, I wanted to know if anyone thought it was a bad move. Today I admitted I didn't want a quicklynch (big surprise)

Why couldn't You be the "one good townie" who stepped up? I don't understand why you were biased against X1.
I wasn't.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Swiss, I know you didn't say it Day 1, but I'm assuming that was your stance on Day 1, because you came out and said that you didn't want a lynch yesterDay.

The post of yours I quoted above bugs me because you said "All it'll take is one good townie to admit we're being a little harsh and we can back off."

You're basically saying "Hey guys, does anyone not want to lynch X1 right now, because it'd be cool if you didn't!!! Even though I'm voting him right now!!!!! Oh wait it's the next day and he flipped town, I didn't want to lynch him after all!!!!"

And you said "someone unbiased would be nice." Which lead me to assume that you were biased. But now you're saying you aren't?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Vanderzant said:
Wow that hammer sure came quickly.
What was the purpose of actually saying this? I mean, yes, it was. But, since you took the time to point it out six hours after the fact (when you should have been silent, as this game doesn't include Twilight), you must have had some agenda. Why were you not clearer on what that agenda was?

Also, where is this whole "Swiss wanted X-1 lynched for breaking the rules" coming from? And the "Swiss wanted a quicklynch"? Having a vote on a person doesn't equate to wanting a quicklynch.

@Isuyaru: In Newbie 7 Beta, who chose the NK, you, X-1, or collaboration?

@Vult: If I were scum, you'd have died. Twice now, in both Beta and here, all I had to do was glare hard at Kupo and he backed off. I wouldn't kill someone I could easily manipulate and/or that I knew wouldn't oppose me, compared to someone who I knew (from Beta) would tunnel me. Marshy from Down n' Dirty is good example of this type of thinking being effective.

That being said, the fact that you are tunneling me makes me think that you haven't thought of that. So I think you thought I hadn't thought of that, so I think that you hadn't thought of killing Kupo along that line of thought.

@All: No townie ever gets lynched THAT quickly without scum being on the wagon. Of the people left, I'm most inclined to think Vanderzant is the other scum, based on his wild baseless accusations against Swiss, and tunneling for some reason. It's not that he's being minded against Swiss that's the issue, it's that he hasn't provided any insight on anyone else. Especially me. And I SHOULD be a discussion sponge right now.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
What was the purpose of actually saying this? I mean, yes, it was. But, since you took the time to point it out six hours after the fact (when you should have been silent, as this game doesn't include Twilight), you must have had some agenda. Why were you not clearer on what that agenda was?
Oh, I probably should of read the rules better. I've never played a game without Twilight before, so I just assumed that there would be one.

I didn't really have an agenda, other than to point out the obvious.

Also, where is this whole "Swiss wanted X-1 lynched for breaking the rules" coming from? And the "Swiss wanted a quicklynch"? Having a vote on a person doesn't equate to wanting a quicklynch.
I thought how Swiss asked for a townie to come forward if they didn't agree with the lynch, while at the same time saying that he didn't agree with the lynch (while voting X1) was a bit off.

He claims that he was hoping that (if X1 had been scum) that his scum buddy would try to switch the wagon, based on Swiss' question.

Cellow said:
@All: No townie ever gets lynched THAT quickly without scum being on the wagon. Of the people left, I'm most inclined to think Vanderzant is the other scum, based on his wild baseless accusations against Swiss, and tunneling for some reason. It's not that he's being minded against Swiss that's the issue, it's that he hasn't provided any insight on anyone else. Especially me. And I SHOULD be a discussion sponge right now.
You serious? I've been waiting for you to come and at least explain WHY you hammered so quickly, especially since as you say "No townie ever gets lynched THAT quickly without scum being on the wagon."

Yet all I'm seeing from you is an attempt to shift the blame onto others. For supposedly not opposing the idea of a quick lynch (riddle) and not providing any insight into others (me).

Secondly, you're voting Riddle.

Cellow said:
@All: No townie ever gets lynched THAT quickly without scum being on the wagon.
Riddle WASN'T on the wagon?

Anyway, in my defence, I haven't really seen enough of other players to make a great judgement. I agree with the notion that scum is definitely amongst Swiss/Isu/Cello, by process of elimination.

Isuyaru

Smash Cadet
Swiss posted this:

I think we should just go ahead and lynch X1-12. He's playing like he did last game and he was scum there.
which I interpreted as being fine with a quicklynch. Although he's now saying he was lying anyway.

Vanz, just think about it.

Had he been scum, what would have been the ideal opportunity for his scum buddy to get him off the bandwagon?

K?
Even after no one took the bait for a while, and Cello had talked about possibly hammering, you kept supporting the lynch. Did you just not realize your plan was heading in the wrong direction?

Isuyaru

Smash Cadet
Of course I didn't expect a quicklynch, but the point remains. You were wagoning him for reasons that had nothing to do with him; to get information from someone else instead of X1 himself, which you most likely wouldn't get anyway. I just feel like you were pushing the risk vs reward in scum's favor by continuing to support the lynch.

Actually Swiss, were you lying about X1 being scummy based off of meta from the previous game?

I thought it was strange that you said that off of very little info and then Riddle came in and also used it as evidence. If you actually were lying, I'd think Riddle looks worse because of it.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
"Unless if the player is obviously posting 'Man I'd like some t-bone steak tonight' then nothing should be considered FLUFF. Everything... EVERYTHING has a secret agenda behind it."

Words of wisdom from the Maymays.

It's not a matter of rules-breaking or anything like that. It's a matter of doing something that was obviously said to promote anti-Cello sentiment, then claiming that you didn't mean anything by it, which Town don't rightly cotton to. Why else would you have chosen to point out the obvious? No, really. Why?

Vanderzant said:
You serious? I've been waiting for you to come and at least explain WHY you hammered so quickly, especially since as you say "No townie ever gets lynched THAT quickly without scum being on the wagon."

Yet all I'm seeing from you is an attempt to shift the blame onto others. For supposedly not opposing the idea of a quick lynch (riddle) and not providing any insight into others (me).
"Waiting for a person to talk about something" is literally the polar opposite of discussing that person. Also, who's really shifting blame here? Well, I admit I am one person who is. But, I'm shifting it to X-1. It's his fault for making me lynch him. You're a blame shifter too, and a hypocritical one at that.

Vanderzant said:
By your own reasoning, you must have wanted X-1 lynched. Your vote was on him. You keep poking at Swiss for not taking his vote off of X-1, and therefore supporting X-1's quicklynch, but didn't you do the same thing? As such, why did YOU want X-1 lynched?

Vanderzant said:
Secondly, you're voting Riddle.
I sure am. He's the only person that supported X1's lynch and didn't vote for him.

Isuyaru said:
At first I laughed. But then I saw that it actually happened and became very confused.
I guess I should address this. He was never going to get off of my back, and it cannot be said that I did not give him warning. It was me or him. It might as well have been him.

Sidenote: This is Vult's warning.

@Isuyaru and Swiss: So, Riddle/Vanderzant scum team sound right to you guys?

@Vult: Talk.

Riddle

Smash Lord
All I said was that X1 was currently the scummiest/most useless player and said we shouldn't lynch him immediately.

Riddle

Smash Lord
To clarify: I was and am NOT okay with X1's lynch. We shouldn't have lynched near that early. I don't disagree that he was scummy but the way in which he was lynched was unacceptable.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Moar Riddle votes. He's guilty. If we get through D2 fast, Isuyaru can play for the whole game.

@Riddle: What was scummy about X-1 at the time you said you were fine with lynching him? Why did you not try to stop me, or even say anything at all, when I said I was going to hammer him? Did you not believe me? Why?

Top Bottom