• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So has anyone in the Japanese games industry tweeted out a "watch the game awards, it'll be fun" message or anything like that?

D

Deleted member

I'm actually more excited for game reveals in general at TGA as opposed to the possibility of a Smash reveal. Not even placing very high hopes for Smash, but the chances of seeing new stuff for the new consoles is pretty good.

So has anyone in the Japanese games industry tweeted out a "watch the game awards, it'll be fun" message or anything like that?
Pokemon's got its 25th anniversary and there are rumors that a mainline game is coming in 2021 (a remaster) and Pokemon Go is celebrating TGA for today and tomorrow with high spawn rates etc, so there's a chance we may see something from Gamefreak.

Persona's got that Concert or whatever thats going to be at TGA and I think they said something about an announcement for the series as well.

Bioware is teasing a Dragon Age announcement/news

Also, the best TGA guest has been announced: The Swedish Chef!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
A Smash reveal would be cool, but that is not what I'm looking forward to.
I don't really know what to expect to be honest, so I'll just list what I would love to see:
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy HD remaster (probably it's still too soon for MP4)
  • Some info on Bayonetta 3
  • Something about God of War: Ragnarock
  • Some info on The Last of Us Part II multiplayer
  • Hollow Knight: Silsong

There's also Cuphead dlc, but last week they postponed it to the next year. So I don't think we would have new info soon.

Staarih

Smash Master
Seeing how Sony and Xbox have both been like "remember to tune in to the game awards!" and Nintendo has said, like, nothing, I wouldn't go expecting much if at all from them. Unless they'll completely surprise us.

Fortunately for me the event takes place in the middle of the night here, so I don't have to anxiously sit around watching it but rather just catch up on things when I wake up.

SKX31

Smash Master

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
Game Awards start midnight on a week night for me. I just hope the reveal is super early because idgaf about the awards.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Well folks, its gonna be the biggest showcase for gaming this year and thus a huge stage for a Smash reveal... so who ya got for predictions?

I want to say Crash, but I can't rule out a Capcom character or even a Dovahkiin reveal either.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Someone said something about their Discord person having a leak?

...You should ask for more. Albeit, it's likely just the person faking us out, but.

Also, yay!

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
Welp, RIP my hopes about not missing anything important.

Is there even a way to watch TGA unspoiled the day after?
Yeah I second this. I'm not exactly thrilled at the thought of staying up until potentially 4am otherwise.

D

Deleted member

So, now that we know we're getting a fighter reveal tonight, any predictions?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Welp, RIP my hopes about not missing anything important.

Is there even a way to watch TGA unspoiled the day after?
You'd have to save a livestream link (Twitch is probably the best bet) in a document and have that be the very first thing you open when you get up

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
I was thinking of sleeping through the event cause staying up the whole night for the mere chance of the reveal didn't seem worth it. Guess I have no excuse now, lol. Do appreciate the heads up tho.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

SKX31

Smash Master
Well folks, its gonna be the biggest showcase for gaming this year and thus a huge stage for a Smash reveal... so who ya got for predictions?

I want to say Crash, but I can't rule out a Capcom character or even a Dovahkiin reveal either.
So, now that we know we're getting a fighter reveal tonight, any predictions?
IMO the primary contenders would be, unordered:

(I'm basing this on a angled view of which characters would make sense at TGA, a western event.)

Crash
Dante
LoL Rep (leaning towards Ahri, but it could be any other of its posterchildren)
Jonesy
Reimu
Arle
Lara Croft
Gordon Freeman
Ryu Hayabusa
Soul Calibur

Then again, TGA is so unpredictable that I could see Contra's Bill Rizer, an SMT rep or the Sims' Bella Goth having a decent chance just because of the sheer WTF factor. The potential field is crowded.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Sakurai said:

Attachments

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Let's go!

I predict it will be Geno. I just have a gut feeling with the bits of evidence that have built up for him. I get the skepticism since he's not really TGA material but Geoff Keighley was pushing for a reveal at TGA and timing might just be in Geno's favor. Otherwise, I don't know who to predict. As long as its not something like Fortnite or Tracer, I'm all good. I'm all aboard on the hype train.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

UM
Imma log off until the character is announced to avoid potential leaks or just general fighting but...

...And then this post ages like milk and it's Plok instead.
Implying Plok isn't massive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom