• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So you would rather no new characters, in spite of the fact that many of the additions you wrote off have tons of people clamoring for them? Don't you see that as kind of close-minded?
And it would also be a major shot in the foot on Nintendo's side. Even by Brawl, one of the biggest things about Smash was the new characters that would come and expand the crossover. People would be so disinterested.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Beyond that, more niche characters are good for gamers and non-gamers..some examples..

Characters like Rosalina that also appear in games like Mario Kart have a lot of fans. Even non-gamers, like my young cousin that exclaimed 'Rosalina's in this? She's my fav. In Mario Kart!'

Characters like those from Fire Emblem and Shulk could get people to try those games. Had I not seen Samus & Ness in Smash 64, Marth & Roy in Melee, Pit in Brawl, or Shulk in Smash 4, I likely wouldn't have played, and loved, the Metroid series, Earthbound, Mother 3, the Fire Emblem series, Kid Icarus Uprising, or Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Series & Companies are made of more then just their big name superstars and you need far more then just recognizable faces to make a good, well rounded roster. As I've said, only superstars would be a boring, predictable roster and would likely kill Smash as a series.

I’d include all of Melee, plus 15 characters since then.

There more or less are no more superstars by this point.
So? Caring only about status such as Superstar is superficial at best. The reason most are superstars is due to being first and little more. Had Rosalina been in Super Mario Bros, she'd be a 'superstar' the same as Peach.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Smash Bros helped revived or jump start other series in a very clever way. Not sure why one would be against that. The mechanics keep changin bit by bit and adds more features each iteration.

Plus Sakurai is helping blend in the whole "competative scene" as well as the casual player / not professional level. That is a smart direction overall in my opinion. The game play keeps improving ... so again the argument of focusing on game mechianics and not adding characters / only superstars does not really stack up to me personally.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Yeah, at some point expanding on existing characters would really be only done just for the sake of being different then actually improving them..most in the game are already fine as they are.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Dixie Kong: For Banjo Kazooie, if they were DLC, then Microsoft wouldn’t get royalties from the game, just the dlc right? If true, I can see Nintendo going that route.
I can see the same for Activision involving Crash, Coco, and Spyro as well as their stages and Amiibo.
I can also see the same thing happening with Banjo-Kazooie and Mumbo Jumbo.

However, I think that the character will simply take on the name "Minecraft" just like the Inklings and 'Duck Hunt'.
Especially since we want up to 8 outfits for Steeve, including Minecraft Mario, Minecraft Yoshi, Minecraft Banjo, Minecraft Steeve, Minecraft Jesse (male) Minecraft Jesse (female), and Minecraft Link, Minecraft Alex, and Minecraft Master Chief. Or maybe even SuperGirlyGamer!
This comment had gone into obscurity because it was the final one on the page. R.I.P.:ultmegaman::ultmario::ultluigi::ultkingdedede::ultdk::ultdiddy:

Beyond that, more niche characters are good for gamers and non-gamers..some examples..

Characters like Rosalina that also appear in games like Mario Kart have a lot of fans. Even non-gamers, like my young cousin that exclaimed 'Rosalina's in this? She's my fav. In Mario Kart!'

Characters like those from Fire Emblem and Shulk could get people to try those games. Had I not seen Samus & Ness in Smash 64, Marth & Roy in Melee, Pit in Brawl, or Shulk in Smash 4, I likely wouldn't have played, and loved, the Metroid series, Earthbound, Mother 3, the Fire Emblem series, Kid Icarus Uprising, or Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Series & Companies are made of more then just their big name superstars and you need far more then just recognizable faces to make a good, well rounded roster. As I've said, only superstars would be a boring, predictable roster and would likely kill Smash as a series.

So? Caring only about status such as Superstar is superficial at best. The reason most are superstars is due to being first and little more. Had Rosalina been in Super Mario Bros, she'd be a 'superstar' the same as Peach.
Technically the most obscure character in Smash is R.O.B The only stupid thing to do would be to add more Pokemon Characters, or add characters that they would've never added back when they were making Super Smash Bros for Wii U, unless it's an Ultra HD Scyther or a Western 3rd Party.

Last edited:

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I can see the same for Activision involving Crash, Coco, and Spyro as well as their stages and Amiibo.
I can also see the same thing happening with Banjo-Kazooie and Mumbo Jumbo.

However, I think that the character will simply take on the name "Minecraft" just like the Inklings and 'Duck Hunt'.
Especially since we want up to 8 outfits for Steeve, including Minecraft Mario, Minecraft Yoshi, Minecraft Banjo, Minecraft Steeve, Minecraft Jesse (male) Minecraft Jesse (female), and Minecraft Link, Minecraft Alex, and Minecraft Master Chief. Or maybe even SuperGirlyGamer!
The name will be Steve and he’ll have an Alex costume, or maybe an echo like Richter. Steve is the name used on all the merchandise for Minecraft, so people know the name of the character. Sure it’s not a cool name, but people are able to recognize him from it. Also the Inklings analogy doesn’t work as that’s what they’re called in game, they aren’t called Splatoon, like Duck Hunt was named after his game.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I have this weird feeling there might not be any new Pokémon characters this go-around as Sakurai focuses on fan favorites

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
The name will be Steve and he’ll have an Alex costume, or maybe an echo like Richter. Steve is the name used on all the merchandise for Minecraft, so people know the name of the character. Sure it’s not a cool name, but people are able to recognize him from it. Also the Inklings analogy doesn’t work as that’s what they’re called in game, they aren’t called Splatoon, like Duck Hunt was named after his game.
Yes, but the name Steeve is not what they call him in Japan, in Japan, he's just "that Minecraft Guy"
Besides, I don't want to play as only Steeve, How Boring, and unnatural would it be to have 8 Steeve outfits, or even 4 steeve outfits.

The implications of players using a Herobrine outfit vs. Steeve are idiotic, the outfits are meant to tell the characters apart from each other. Having multiple Steeve outfits would just not be the minecraft way, Minecraft is about creating your own character, not about using the default skin.

I'd include Chorus Kids or a Gen 7 pokemon into that list as well
Scyther is the only new Pokemon Character that'd be interesting in Smash Ultimate

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd bank on Incineroar getting in, personally, though I'd love for it to be Decidueye.

You can count on an Alola Pokémon though.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Scyther is the only new Pokemon Character that'd be interesting in Smash Ultimate
I disagree, it'd essentially be another sword, we have too many Gen 1 (5 of the game's 9 Pokémon are from Gen 1, every other Gen only have 1, except 3 & 5, which have none), and it'd be hard for it to carry any items at all due to having no hands.
Personally, I want Gardevoir. She could have dance-like moves along with magic-like ranged ones.
Incinaroar could be interesting too, we've never had a grappler in Smash before.
I'd bank on Incineroar getting in, personally, though I'd love for it to be Decidueye.

You can count on an Alola Pokémon though.
Honestly, it's not a sure thing. It depends on if Sakurai wanted to take a chance on a Pokémon being popular and picking it.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Okay, here's a current list of guesses of stuff, using seemingly credible leaks, echo guesses yada yada

ECHOES: (People bring up the Octolings but would they have a problem in having different ink colour than the Inkling alts?)
-Dixie Kong With K. Rool getting the newcomer treatment and echos being a thing, it'd be kinda weird if Dixie didn't finally get her spot in the spotlight after coming close to in Brawl's development. I'm not sure what the exact rules for an echo are if any, but could you just have her like Diddy, using DK's up special with her hair and maybe some hair usage in other attacks?
-Shadow the Hedgehog/Tails Miles Prower??? Tails and Knuckles are two way more iconic and important characters than Shadow, and got the Mii costume treatment previously. Having given the care to make Knux an assist, maybe they also did something to Tails like make him a semi clone of Sonic? (not sure if echos can include semi clones). Shadow's easier and more appropriate for an echo, but it kinda feels strange to have like, not even one of Sonic's MOST important characters (Eggman, Tails, Knuckles) represented and instead be given Ow the 'Edgehog. Sure he's notably requested but could you say the same about Tails?
-Megaman and/or Palutena echos that use custom moves possibly abandoned That could be Medusa and, uh, whatever Megaman character that isn't already deconfirmed. Could Roll fit the part?
-Isabelle I'm guessing if she's in, they'd rather stick to at least a somewhat unique echo fighter rather than a new moveset around, uh, building or something?
-Ninten Why not rep all three Mother games?
-Captain Falcon's echo It's time CF got a clone for someone within his series!
-Funky Kong Hey with Dix then you'd have a lot of the current DK crew in other than Cranky, who's chilling in that Melee stage.
-Ken/Ms. Pac-Man/Cloud's/Bayonetta's Why not?
-Some retro-looking Mario Could you imagine?
-Olimar's/Little Mac's/Fox's/Sheik's/Toon Zelda Blah blah fill up the character representation

Crazy NEWCOMERS guesses:
-Shantae Based on her Smash Ballot support (which ended up giving Indie Shovel Knight an assist trophy) and that slightly suspicious Pajamas Mode in one of her games
-Rayman If a couple of leaks are right and they're gonna be showing more Ubisoft/Nintendo crossovers with this
-Banjo Kazooie Vergeben's Minecraft thing plus open support from Phil Spencer in the Smash 4 era coupled with high fan demand
-Some retro Nintendo rep if that's not already covered by someone else Here's hoping for Bubbles from Clu Clu Land!
-High fan demanded character like Geno or Isaac If they went through the trouble of doing Ridley, Dark Samus AND King K. Rool despite his lack of revelancy, maybe they also did these two out of fan service despite lack of relevancy
-Skull Kid
-Gardevoir+Gothitelle echo+7th gen guy? A third generation rep's a third generation rep
-Chorus Kids/Any Rhythm Heaven rep Sakurai please!
-Heihachi Maybe Sakurai went back and tried to work with giving Heihachi a Smash moveset?
-Bandana Dee If he gets an original character slot but noone from Rhythm Heaven does...

Premature DLC guesses:
-Any of the above that don't make it in
-Options that missed base roster development by being too new and uncertain a Nintendo property (Springman, Rex and Pyra, new Pokemon)
-Crash Bandicoot for having a successful revival a while after the project plan was finalised

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
If Funky were to get in, I would want him in as his military gorilla persona from DK64. I hope they bring back his military persona in the next DK game.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, something about Shantae and Shovel Knight that is quite well known is there love for guest starring in other indie games. Heck, both appear in Indivisble, Runbow, and Blaster Master Zero. They also go appear in other games without each other, but they seen as icons in the indie world and they are gladly included in other games because of it. But here is what I find strange. Blade Strangers, Indie Pogo, and Rivals of Aether all have Shovel Knight, but not Shantae. I find this very strange for multiple reasons. Blade Strangers due to Shantae being much more popular in Japan than SK. Indie Pogo and Rivals of Aether for both being inspired by Smash, a series that Wayforward clearly looks up to, yet they have made no appearance in these tributes. And again, it's not like Shantae does not love guest staring. It makes you think...

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
You know, something about Shantae and Shovel Knight that is quite well known is there love for guest starring in other indie games. Heck, both appear in Indivisble, Runbow, and Blaster Master Zero. They also go appear in other games without each other, but they seen as icons in the indie world and they are gladly included in other games because of it. But here is what I find strange. Blade Strangers, Indie Pogo, and Rivals of Aether all have Shovel Knight, but not Shantae. I find this very strange for multiple reasons. Blade Strangers due to Shantae being much more popular in Japan than SK. Indie Pogo and Rivals of Aether for both being inspired by Smash, a series that Wayforward clearly looks up to, yet they have made no appearance in these tributes. And again, it's not like Shantae does not love guest staring. It makes you think...
It's kinda weird to think that, because of cameos in Lab Zero games... the ZONE-Tan character is only a few degrees of separation away from some of gaming's greatest heroes.

ZONE-Tan -> Indivisible -> Shovel Knight (both SK and ZT: cameos) -> Smash Bros (his assist trophy)

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I am not. Look at this list.

“Out of the top ten most popular on SSB4Dojo's data that haven't been added or deconfirmed, we have:
1. Isaac
2. Banjo
3. Bandana Dee
4. Paper Mario
5. Shantae
6. Geno
7. Magolor
8. Dixie
9. Wonder Red
10. Rayman”

Who the hell are any of these people?

We went from a roster of A-listers in Smash Bros. 1 & 2 to including more B, C, D, and F-listers. Here’s my breakdown as to what characters have been good to include and what characters have brought down the average.

Iconic enough to deserve a slot

Sonic
Pac-Man
Snake
I guess Bayonetta
Richter Belmont
Pokemon Trainer
Inkling
Wii Fit Trainer
Mega Man
Little Mac
Some form of Mii representation. Whether we needed three or not is debatable.
Ryu
Villager
Daisy

Average decreasers

Chrom
Lucina
Dark Pit
Dark Samus
Pit
Bowser Jr. (and the Koopalings)
Standalone Charizard
Standalone Sheik
Cloud
Corrin
King K. Rool
Diddy Kong
Duck Hunt
Greninja
Ike
King Dedede
Toon Link
Lucario
Lucas
Meta Knight
Olimar
Palutena
R.O.B.
Simon Belmont
Ridley
Robin
Rosalina
Shulk
Wolf
Zero Suit Samus

I’m interested in the possibilities of having matches with DK, diddy, and K. Rool; Samus, Dark Samus, and Ridley; and Kirby and King Dedede (who the hell is Meta Knight?), but I also recognize that the only characters there that are not glut are Kirby, Samus, and DK.
Removing options is the worst thing a developer can do for any game. These character additions don't hurt you or the "quality of the game", a bigger healthier roster usually does the opposite (but we'll have to wait and see how balancing goes lol). And I'm sure nobody will force you to play as Pit if you don't want to lol.
While I do agree that the majority of the new fighter additions aren't exactly gaming icons, they're mostly fan favorites, so I don't really see the issue. Even if they're not the characters I'm personally fond of.

I have to say that I found your post to be rather humorous, because there is some truth in it. Though you opinion on the matter definitely comes off skewed, I wouldn't really call Roy or the Ice Climbers an A-Lister for example haha. Especially over someone like Cloud IMO.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

“Out of the top ten most popular on SSB4Dojo's data that haven't been added or deconfirmed, we have:
1. Isaac
2. Banjo
3. Bandana Dee
4. Paper Mario
5. Shantae
6. Geno
7. Magolor
8. Dixie
9. Wonder Red
10. Rayman”

We went from a roster of A-listers in Smash Bros. 1 & 2 to including more B, C, D, and F-listers. Here’s my breakdown as to what characters have been good to include and what characters have brought down the average.

Sonic
Pac-Man
Snake
I guess Bayonetta
Richter Belmont
Pokemon Trainer
Inkling
Wii Fit Trainer
Mega Man
Little Mac
Ryu
Villager
Daisy

Average decreasers

Chrom
Lucina
Dark Pit
Dark Samus
Pit
Standalone Charizard
Standalone Sheik
Cloud
Corrin
King K. Rool
Diddy Kong
Duck Hunt
Greninja
Ike
King Dedede
Toon Link
Lucario
Lucas
Meta Knight
Olimar
Palutena
R.O.B.
Simon Belmont
Ridley
Robin
Rosalina
Shulk
Wolf
Zero Suit Samus

I’m interested in the possibilities of having matches with DK, diddy, and K. Rool; Samus, Dark Samus, and Ridley; and Kirby and King Dedede (who the hell is Meta Knight?), but I also recognize that the only characters there that are not glut are Kirby, Samus, and DK.
Smash would be a lot more boring if we only had the protags from each series. I think Smash has reached the limit of A-Listers.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Removing options is the worst thing a developer can do for any game. These character additions don't hurt you or the "quality of the game", a bigger healthier roster usually does the opposite (but we'll have to wait and see how balancing goes lol). And I'm sure nobody will force you to play as Pit if you don't want to lol.
While I do agree that the majority of the new fighter additions aren't exactly gaming icons, they're mostly fan favorites, so I don't really see the issue. Even if they're not the characters I'm personally fond of.

I have to say that I found your post to be rather humorous, because there is some truth in it. Though you opinion on the matter definitely comes off skewed, I wouldn't really call Roy or the Ice Climbers an A-Lister for example haha. Especially over someone like Cloud IMO.
I mean I'm not sure someone claiming that Cloud or Simon Belmont has brought down the overall quality (iconic-ness?) of the roster can really be taken seriously anyway.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

1. Isaac
2. Banjo
3. Bandana Dee
4. Paper Mario
5. Shantae
6. Geno
7. Magolor
8. Dixie
9. Wonder Red
10. Rayman”

Sonic
Pac-Man
Snake
I guess Bayonetta
Richter Belmont
Pokemon Trainer
Inkling
Wii Fit Trainer
Mega Man
Little Mac
Ryu
Villager
Daisy

Average decreasers

Chrom
Lucina
Dark Pit
Dark Samus
Pit
Standalone Charizard
Standalone Sheik
Cloud
Corrin
King K. Rool
Diddy Kong
Duck Hunt
Greninja
Ike
King Dedede
Toon Link
Lucario
Lucas
Meta Knight
Olimar
Palutena
R.O.B.
Simon Belmont
Ridley
Robin
Rosalina
Shulk
Wolf
Zero Suit Samus

>Daisy is iconic enough to deserve a spot but not Cloud or Simon Belmont

How is Daisy more deserving of a spot than Cloud? You seem pretty new to this whole speculation thing that the Smash speculation community would have lost its' metaphorical and also probably literal **** if you told them Cloud Strife would be in Smash. If Daisy is an A-Lister then Cloud is an SSS-Lister.

Last edited:

flohammer

Smash Rookie
Yes. Ever since E3.
Damn, for some reason I thought she hadn't been. Oh well, I'm still going to join the Waluigi folks in holding out for Eevee as a playable character even though she appears as an item. :smash:

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
She's my fav Gen 7 starter..but how would she move around with that tail? She wouldn't be realistically expected to maneuver very well on land or even jump well.
Slither like a snake for walking, summon a small wave to push her along for running, push off the ground with her tail for a jump.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
If it was between one of the new three starters .... I think Decidueye is more interesting. Noting against the other two, but his design would have a more interesting move pool. Primarina would be my last choice, only in the since of its design for a fighter, but also, there is already a water "standalone" fighter.

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman

But she wasn’t, and that matters.

Also, I was asked not to come up with goofy joke suggestions like Goku, Master Chief, Spongebob, Jesus X, etc. I’d ask that that rule also apply to everybody else. For instance, I see people suggesting Banjo & Kazooie, Steve, Decidueye, Geno, Isaac, Primarina, Rayman, the vast majority of suggestions seen here (because there’s nobody left to suggest.)

For what it’s worth I found my list of suggestions from back in 2015. Note that I couldn’t even come up with a top ten back then. Also keep in mind how important Phosphora is to Nintendo’s history *eye roll emoji* , and how outdated Saki and Skull Kid are as suggestions.

“Prince of Sablé

Phosphora

Saki

Skull Kid

Takamaru

Waluigi

Bring back Ice Climbers and Mewtwo (but make Mewtwo different enough from what Lucario is now)

Mr. Resetti would be cool to have as an assist trophy again.”

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Also, I was asked not to come up with goofy joke suggestions like Goku, Master Chief, Spongebob, Jesus X, etc. I’d ask that that rule also apply to everybody else. For instance, I see people suggesting Banjo & Kazooie, Steve, Decidueye, Geno, Isaac, Primarina, Rayman, the vast majority of suggestions seen here (because there’s nobody left to suggest.)

For what it’s worth I found my list of suggestions from back in 2015. Note that I couldn’t even come up with a top ten back then. Also keep in mind how important Phosphora is to Nintendo’s history *eye roll emoji* , and how outdated Saki and Skull Kid are as suggestions.

“Prince of Sablé

Phosphora

Saki

Skull Kid

Takamaru

Waluigi

Bring back Ice Climbers and Mewtwo (but make Mewtwo different enough from what Lucario is now)

Mr. Resetti would be cool to have as an assist trophy again.”
Okay, I have a question. And I want you to be straightforward with it, why are you here? It's more than clear you don't want any newcomers, in fact you want a large amount of the roster gone, so why are you coming on to a thread that is all about discussing possible newcomers? It seems counter productive. And no, people are not gonna restrict those choices. For Pete's sake, Issac and Geno are the two most replied threads for possible base game newcomers on this discussion board.

StormC

Smash Hero
I've been skeptical of a Pokemon newcomer (which would be from Alola, no ifs ands or buts) since E3, but thinking about it, Pokemon is such a massive franchise that it could easily be the exception to the "fan favorite" trend this roster is having.

I'm gonna throw my lot in with the last four unique fighters being Incineroar, Skull Kid, Isaac, and Banjo-Kazooie at this point.

There are fans for Steve as well, people always seem to forget that Steve was heavily requested going into Smash 4. While he may not have been a ballot pick, neither was Ridley. Steve is the face of the newest generation of gamers, they either played Minecraft or some indie that rode off the coat tails of Minecraft’s success, like Fortnite which included a building mechanic due to Minecraft. Banjo is the face of 90s gamers, which is cool, but they already have Sonic, Snake, and even Donkey Kong if you want a Rare character. Give the new generation a chance is all I can say.
Heavily requested for Smash 4? Can you show me a single poll where Steve hit top 20, let alone top 10?

Why would he not have a ballot presence if he wasn't deconfirmed for Smash 4?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've been skeptical of a Pokemon newcomer (which would be from Alola, no ifs ands or buts) since E3, but thinking about it, Pokemon is such a massive franchise that it could easily be the exception to the "fan favorite" trend this roster is having.

I'm gonna throw my lot in with the last four unique fighters being Incineroar, Skull Kid, Isaac, and Banjo-Kazooie at this point.

Heavily requested for Smash 4? Can you show me a single poll where Steve hit top 20, let alone top 10?

Why would he not have a ballot presence if he wasn't deconfirmed for Smash 4?
Anecdotal, sure, but there were tons of Steve requests on Miiverse. Their demographics tended to have swung younger, but it's possible Nintendo saw the demand there.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Slither like a snake for walking, summon a small wave to push her along for running, push off the ground with her tail for a jump.
Primarina's a seal though, seals don't slither. However, you did give me an idea, summoning water to move through akin to Ruto in Hyrule Warriors.

No it really doesn't. The first game in a series will often have the biggest impact on pop culture, but some of its best or most interesting characters won't arrive until later on down the line.

Those characters aren't joke suggestions, stop seemingly purposely trying to antagonize people, it'll likely only result in you ending up suspended or banned.
Banjo-Kazooie was one of the Nintendo 64's biggest icons, Steve from Minecraft is from one of the most popular games around current (even if I don't find his character interesting enough to warrant inclusion, a Stage or Creeper AT would be better), Decidueye & Primarina are two starters from the most recent Pokémon game and fairly popular, Geno is from one of the most important Mario side games which helped inspire Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi, and Rayman is a much loved series.

You have a skewed view of what is important and what defines an All-Star, very subjective and likely based solely on your own tastes.

Slashy

Smash Lord
http://www.allourideas.org/smashu

I decided to hold a different type of poll to determine who the least controversial newcomer to Smash Ultimate would be.

Rather than voting for your favorite, you vote between various characters selected randomly. I held this in other communities, I just decided to bring this to Smash Boards.
Vote as many times as you like, this poll doesn't end and your vote won't count if it is the same pairing. If you have any suggestions, to add onto this poll let me know.

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
>Daisy is iconic enough to deserve a spot but not Cloud or Simon Belmont

How is Daisy more deserving of a spot than Cloud? You seem pretty new to this whole speculation thing that the Smash speculation community would have lost its' metaphorical and also probably literal **** if you told them Cloud Strife would be in Smash. If Daisy is an A-Lister then Cloud is an SSS-Lister.
Cloud is a Sony character. Having him in the game is about as absurd as having Master Chief or Spyro or Goku or Crash or Jesus XIII in the game. Feel free to trade Simon for Richter if you want. And Banjo-Kazooie was from a passable N64 game. They don’t need to be remembered.

Oh, also I’m here because I wasn’t sure where else to air these suggestions. I thought I’d look up to see what the top ten most requested new characters were, because I wasn’t coming up with any, and was seeing if I could find a good list that deconfirmed my belief that smash has enough characters already. Since for the most part I haven’t found that yet, I’m bringing up my thoughts here among people who seem interested in the Smash series.

Since I’ve already dabbled in the suggestion arena by bringing up my 2015 suggestions, what do y’all think about Detective Pikachu as an echo fighter for Pikachu?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Cloud is a Sony character. Having him in the game is about as absurd as having Master Chief or Spyro or Goku or Crash or Jesus XIII in the game. Feel free to trade Simon for Richter if you want. And Banjo-Kazooie was from a passable N64 game. They don’t need to be remembered.

Oh, also I’m here because I wasn’t sure where else to air these suggestions. I thought I’d look up to see what the top ten most requested new characters were, because I wasn’t coming up with any, and was seeing if I could find a good list that deconfirmed my belief that smash has enough characters already. Since for the most part I haven’t found that yet, I’m bringing up my thoughts here among people who seem interested in the Smash series.

Since I’ve already dabbled in the suggestion arena by bringing up my 2015 suggestions, what do y’all think about Detective Pikachu as an echo fighter for Pikachu?
Correction: Cloud is a Square Enix character, and the character that helped popularize and change an entire genre. He is also apart of a series that started out on Nintendo systems, and Sakurai chose him because he was the most recognizable and popular character in the series. As for why your here, I can understand that, and I can at least praise you for trying to find disconfirmation for your belief. You'll never find it anywhere because your views are so specific and impossible to satisfy because there is no characters left you see as icons, but you still looked. And as for Detective Pikachu as an echo, I don't see it happening. He is outright incapable of fighting at all, and at the very most I expect his hat to appear as an alt for Pikachu, if it hasn't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom