• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ender1645

Smash Cadet
“Green Day” uh... uh... uh GREEN! Yeah yeah green like how Doom Slayer is. Now I better see him tomorrow or Imran better apologize /s

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Will be interesting to see if the fighter lines up with the idea that this would be an E3 announcement.

Given Nintendo's been really making regular announcements a big deal, I'm still not discounting the possibility of a reveal tomorrow and a showcase/release the next to effectively get two weeks of major news out of one game

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
What? We've had characters released the following day with Hero, Banjo and Terry and they still got a showcase.
But those characters got revealed earlier before they got their showcase. Pehaps if Fp7 come now, no need for Showcase, cause you get to try them out

There would be Sakurai comment, and maybe Mii costume reveal, and yes

Though Honestly, this scenraio probably not happening, but it's alright

SKX31

Smash Master
...Joker got in because Persona 5 was a huge success all around. Scramble had nothing to do with it whatsoever, in fact it was announced several months after Joker's TGA reveal.

Not calling you out Rie, but I don't really get why people try to logic-loop around to try and "justify" character inclusions as being for promotion's sake always. Unless they're 1st party (and even then it only really seems to apply to Corrin, Byleth, and maybe Min Min), characters get added for a multitude of reasons.
It's in a strange way the same kind of logic used to promote "fan demand" as being the sole reason for character inclusion.

If a character's grouped into a category, a lot of people are going to default to that since it seems like the simple answer. Of course, it's never that simple, but that's never stopped some.

Imran clearly means "Who's Joe" is getting into Smash.
It's clearly Shinobi's Joe Musashi! :4pacman:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I think there's a good chance it might actually be Geno.
  • Mii Costume still missing
  • No E3 this year, and the last two E3s both had big NEVER EVER characters revealed. :ultridley:(2018) :ultbanjokazooie:(2019)
  • A lot of rumors surrounding him, and plenty of circumstantial evidence
  • SMRPG still not on NSO, even though we're currently within the several month-long period of celebration for Mario's 35th anniversary
  • Upcoming tournament is Mario themed, which was not only a theme they had already done once prior, but was also announced a couple months in advance
  • Upcoming tournament is happening one month out from this reveal, which I can't help but find a bit suspect since there was realitsically nothing stopping them from having it in September
If not Geno, it could maybe be Waluigi.

Basically

if FP7 isn’t Geno

then that’s it, Geno’s done, they don’t even have to show the costume to deconfirm him. Otherwise he’d be coming out in time for that Mario tournament
Basically

if FP7 isn’t Dante

then that’s it, Dante’s done, they don’t even have to show the costume to deconfirm him. Otherwise he’d be coming out in time for that DMC5: Special Edition :ultpacman:

Billie Joe Armstrong...

What could this mean?
I think we all know what this means, Jack!
398.png

Nanomachines son
This guy gets it!

Run from it, dread it, Cinderace arrives all the same
I'd be fine with Cinderace if only because it'd be funny to watch "MUH GRASS STARTER" people setting themselves on fire with outrage.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Gonna hop off of here today. Leaks are inevitable and I wanna go into this blind.

Oh, and since I posted this in the Social Thread: If anyone is interested, I'm going to being recording audio of my reaction! Feel free to tag me and I'll tag you when I post the audio. :)

Final predictions: Feel like my predictions for Travis were jumping the gun, so not him right now, lol. Probably later, though.

For CP7...I'm feeling a low-key third party. If it's first party, Cinderace. I feel like given the way this is being delivered, it might not be a huge addition, but something a bit more low-key and middling.

Anyways, see you guys tomorrow!

Also, forget what I said above: It's Googi time. Googi for CP7.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Could be coincidence, but the leak that called out the Pokemon Direct and said Smash Reveal 'Imminent' is still correct. That means we can use the following as clues to predict:

New Franchise
Popular in West
Nobody is Expecting

That would rule out:
Crash, Dante, Steve, Doomguy, Travis Touchdown, Waluigi, Geno, and Ryu Hyabusa

Viewtiful Joe does fit the bill so far. Comes from a series not yet represented and is one Nobody is expecting, but the series was more of a 'Hidden Gem'. it was liked by those who played it, but it went mostly undiscovered by a LOT of people. I won't rule it out as impossible though.

So, assuming that leak is legit, and keeping the above parameters in mind; who can we come up with?
Suezo or Mocchi from Monster Rancher maybe? For that Koei-tecmo inclusion?
Mach Rider for that sudden retro return after trolling everyone with the Grinch leak nearly 2 years ago?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think there's a good chance it might actually be Geno.
  • Mii Costume still missing
  • No E3 this year, and the last two E3s both had big NEVER EVER characters revealed. :ultridley:(2018) :ultbanjokazooie:(2019)
  • A lot of rumors surrounding him, and plenty of circumstantial evidence
  • SMRPG still not on NSO, even though we're currently within the several month-long period of celebration for Mario's 35th anniversary
  • Upcoming tournament is Mario themed, which was not only a theme they had already done once prior, but was also announced a couple months in advance
  • Upcoming tournament is happening one month out from this reveal, which I can't help but find a bit suspect since there was realitsically nothing stopping them from having it in September
If not Geno, it could maybe be Waluigi.

Basically

if FP7 isn’t Dante

then that’s it, Dante’s done, they don’t even have to show the costume to deconfirm him. Otherwise he’d be coming out in time for that DMC5: Special Edition :ultpacman:

I think we all know what this means, Jack!
View attachment 287420

This guy gets it!

I'd be fine with Cinderace if only because it'd be funny to watch "MUH GRASS STARTER" people setting themselves on fire with outrage.
i... when did I mention Dante??

D

Deleted member

Could be coincidence, but the leak that called out the Pokemon Direct and said Smash Reveal 'Imminent' is still correct. That means we can use the following as clues to predict:

New Franchise
Popular in West
Nobody is Expecting

That would rule out:
Crash, Dante, Steve, Doomguy, Travis Touchdown, Waluigi, Geno, and Ryu Hyabusa

Viewtiful Joe does fit the bill so far. Comes from a series not yet represented and is one Nobody is expecting, but the series was more of a 'Hidden Gem'. it was liked by those who played it, but it went mostly undiscovered by a LOT of people. I won't rule it out as impossible though.

So, assuming that leak is legit, and keeping the above parameters in mind; who can we come up with?
Suezo or Mocchi from Monster Rancher maybe? For that Koei-tecmo inclusion?
Mach Rider for that sudden retro return after trolling everyone with the Grinch leak nearly 2 years ago?
Who the **** expects Steve right now though? Steve is quite unlikely to me.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Apparently for the Japanese stream, it only states they are getting a trailer and makes no mention of a message from Sakurai. Wonder if its an indication a character that well known to Japanese audiences and not western ones?
Hmm...🤔

Who do you think that'd be? I'm not sure that Arle is so niche in the west that they'd think they'd have to explain her to us.
Reimu would fit that bill, but I doubt she'd be the pick...
Who else is there?

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
I'm not putting money on any particular character for tomorrow but I'm almost certain that it's going to be someone with little to no "evidence" backing them.
Same here. I in particular think the character with the least amount of evidence of all is practically a shoe-in for tomorrow.

That's right.

UNREASONABLY COMPRESSED BRYAN CRANSTON JOINS THE BATTLE

Screenshot_20200930-115430.png

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Apparently for the Japanese stream, it only states they are getting a trailer and makes no mention of a message from Sakurai. Wonder if its an indication a character that well known to Japanese audiences and not western ones?
Honestly who though? Who could that even be? A lot of major Japanese hits trying to make it big in the West are already in Smash or have had some sort of pre-Smash success that lead to their inclusion.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
I think that what Imran says about promoting an upcoming videogame is that the Smash Bros x IP doesn’t need to be the latest installment of a franchise like it was for Hero (Smash x Dragon Quest XI S). For example: if its Crash, it can be Smash x Crash Bandicoot instead of Smash x Crash Bandicoot 4.

Also, I think its highly likely that some journalists already knows who the next fighter is, so we have to pay some attention to leaks, cripted tweets and that stuff hahah.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Um...Is that a Digimon or a Transformer?
The latter. The joke is from an old skit he was a part of, where he named himself "Joe Convoy".
It'll be Sakurai telling people to watch this video and make sure they've done research for the eventual Presents & Release.
/s but what if

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Quick, someone camp out on Zhuge’s Twitter and see if he says something!!

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I'm not putting money on any particular character for tomorrow but I'm almost certain that it's going to be someone with little to no "evidence" backing them.
I don't think that helps a lot, I'd say very few characters have some kind of "evidence", even if we stretch the definition.

Interesting. It would be strange to not had Sakurai's message in the japanese livestream. I think it's gonna be there as well, maybe the tweet didn't mention that part for some reason.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
Kamiya always retweets any Japanese tweet that mentions Viewtiful Joe in Smash, he's not been subtle about wanting him in Smash.

Also, he doesn't work at Capcom anymore so I doubt he would have any input on his eventual inclusion (and that's also why any theory that tries to connect the Twitter poll that he conducted years ago to Dante in Smash is sus in my opinion).

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Rosalina, Min Min, and Palutena all had around 3 minute trailers. I don't think it really means anything.
Two things to take note, though: two of the examples you gave are from Smash 4, which had a very different style of trailers. And also, the thing with the time isn't that it has never happened before, but rather that the average trailer doesn't normally last that long.

Take Ultimate's base game, for example: only two trailers went past 3 minutes - Simon/Richter and Isabelle. Arguably the two trailers with the most animation time and in the Belmonts' case, two characters. Compare that to :ultridley::ultkrool::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultken::ultincineroar:, all of which had less than 3 minutes.

I don't think it's hard evidence for anything, but I do think we could get something really interesting here.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I guessssss, but like I feel this next fighter has to appease both sides of the world, because they need this one to sell the pass more worldwide because Min Min while great isn't exactly the greatest start into getting skeptics into buying it.

Reimu would probably just get more Japanese purchases only.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Kamiya always retweets any Japanese tweet that mentions Viewtiful Joe in Smash, he's not been subtle about wanting him in Smash.

Also, he doesn't work at Capcom anymore so I doubt he would have any input on his eventual inclusion (and that's also why any theory that tries to connect the Twitter poll that he conducted years ago to Dante in Smash is sus in my opinion).
Yeah, for some reason people still thinks Kamiya would be involved if Joe, Amaterasu or Dante are picked. I mean maybe Sakurai would talk with him to let him know, but Kamiya doesn't work at Capcom anymore so it's very likely he wouldn't even know.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Two things to take note, though: two of the examples you gave are from Smash 4, which had a very different style of trailers. And also, the thing with the time isn't that it has never happened before, but rather that the average trailer doesn't normally last that long.

Take Ultimate's base game, for example: only two trailers went past 3 minutes - Simon/Richter and Isabelle. Arguably the two trailers with the most animation time and in the Belmonts' case, two characters. Compare that to :ultridley::ultkrool::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultken::ultincineroar:, all of which had less than 3 minutes.

I don't think it's hard evidence for anything, but I do think we could get something really interesting here.
Well Considering Belmonts were TWO Characters, and there's 99% only one, Is it possible this character is tied to a New Game reveal like with Isabelle then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom