• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't, but if a Super Mario character were to be in the pass, it would have been in now in order to coincide with the 35th Anniversary. Since that didn't happen, I think all Super Mario characters are as good as disconfirmed. Same with Pokémon and the Crown Tundra update.
I guess I understand that, but Smash doesn't usually reveal fighters based on anniversaries.

D

Deleted member

Alright, cast your vote. This is the REAL election of 2020.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Symphonia is the only game I'm familiar with as of now, so I wouldn't care for him much. Also, we don't have any swordfighters with 2 swords, which is why Lloyd would really stand out imo
Well Yuri uses a sword and an Axe.

And is a better overall character lol

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Seems his regular B is probably the Block Placing, Down B is the Crafting Table and the Up B is the elytra. I dunno whether the ability to literally dig items out of the stage is a nice or a mechanic he has when his attacks connect with the stage. The Mine Cart and TNT are even more confusing. Maybe they are accessed with crafting? Then they would both probably be mapped to Side B

Sidenote, I love the attention to detail with Steve. In this image, he used the grab and then they get caught in the fence and then they get chucked up by the piston. The fence shows up for a few second as but it shows they are literally trying to incorporate everything. Something else that comes to mind is that when using his Up B he pulls out fireworks which is actually an easy way for you to be able to fly upwards with them IIRC without having to fall and then fly which was what people always said the Elytra would function like if it got in with Steve. It really is amazing what they have done with him.

Attachments

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Steve got announced an hour ago and people are already talking about Fortnite and Five Nights at Freddy's getting representation lmao
I disagree with the notion that Steve has anything to do with these two franchises, and I don't know much about the merits of Fortnite, but I think FNaF has enough of them to get a Mii Costume.

There's no chance in Ultimate Custom Night that it'd get a fighter, but a Mii Costume is definitely an option.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Pretty interesting how both characters in this Pass have been characters that were hot topics early on in Ultimate speculation, but eventually fell off the radar a bit. Might just be a coincidence, but we know they keep track of fan discussions, or at the very least they used to, so might be worth taking some of the early favorites that have eventually fallen off into consideration again.

Anyways, Steve isn't my cup of tea, but congrats to those who wanted him. Hope we still have at least one more western character in store.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
So uh.... we got their full set of alts. Thoughts?
I think the Enderman is my least favorite due to how disproportioned it is, but I think they're fine.

My hopes for him at this point were pretty much non existent anyway but this pretty much cements it, I feel.

Pretty bummed if true.
Honestly I don't see what any of this would have to do with Rex. It's not like Steve/Alex would take his spot or anything.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Zombie is a Steve Alt and Enderman is a Alex alt, so whatever animations either have will probably translate into them as well.
I think Zombie and Enderman are their own individual skins separately outside of Steve and Alex, because they'll probably be called Zombie and Enderman.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
What if each stage has a unique resource for Steve to mine (like, Battlefield had iron as shown in the trailer?) Like, some stages give iron, others give diamonds, etc. Certain stages naturally give Steve an advantage.

That could drastically affect the competitive scene's choices of legal stages.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Well we saw iron being mined in the trailer, so maybe he has resources you can keep track of?
Seems the most likely. The blocks seem to expend pretty quickly actually now that you mention it. If he pretty much just had to hit the stage or the opponent it may not be too much of a problem although I can see it being a learning curve for some.

D

Deleted member

Broke: Steve being negotiated for 3 years means the entire 2nd pass was pre-planned.

Woke: FP2 is a big budget pass filled with 3rd parties.

Bespoke: Nintendo is throwing together FP2 only because they were obligated to put Steve in.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'd like to see a poll to see how many people think it's good minecraft is in the game, but aren't glad personally for them to be in :p Seems like there's quite a few.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
What if each stage has a unique resource for Steve to mine (like, Battlefield had iron as shown in the trailer?) Like, some stages give iron, others give diamonds, etc. Certain stages naturally give Steve an advantage.

That could drastically affect the competitive scene's choices of legal stages.
I personally hate this idea for that reason. I don't think it's a good idea to make factors outside matchups dictate advantages and disadvantages. It would be especially bad if one of the stages made him pretty broken and they had to ban a stage because of it.

It's a shame they couldn't bring Skeleton into this.
Must be karma for the lady who spoke ill of Steve. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom