• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
You know the idea of this meaning Geno would get in as a character revealed at the Game Awards would be really cool, at least I do want him in.

But I dunno, Geno doesn't feel like The Game Awards character, hardly anyone watching the Game Awards aside from Nintendo fans know who he is, he'd be better for a Nintendo Direct like King K. Rool was or a Nintendo E3 Presentation like Banjo.

Last edited:

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
Lol imagine a Smash Bros. themed restaurant. But no seriously that's something I dream of.
Who do you guys think is/are a character(s) that will anger everyone (or at least the majority) upon reveal? No Fire Emblem or Fortnite.
A character that would incite the rage of practically everyone, you say?

How about a character so utterly, incomprehensibly grating that his mere presence is like nails on a chalkboard, and everytime he speaks, it's a thousand times worse than that?

A character so objectively and irrefutably annoying that he sparks the most hateful, spiteful, and embittered vitriol from even the most tranquil and patient among us.

That's right.

GET READY FOR...

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
A character that would incite the rage of practically everyone, you say?

How about a character so utterly, incomprehensibly grating that his mere presence is like nails on a chalkboard, and everytime he speaks, it's a thousand times worse than that?

A character so objectively and irrefutably annoying that he sparks the most hateful, spiteful, and embittered vitriol from even the most tranquil and patient among us.

That's right.

GET READY FOR...
Eh, at least it's not the onion.
Should see BrawlFan1's latest video then.
*second-latest. His latest one was Eevee.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Wait do you guys actually expect a (fighter) reveal a TGA/VGA or whatever? I'm not asking out of ridicule, but rather out of curiosity. It would make sense that there's more skepticism this time around since the majority of us (myself included) were expecting a huge reveal at The Game Awards last year, only to be made the butt end of the joke.
red.png

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Wait do you guys actually expect a (fighter) reveal a TGA/VGA or whatever? I'm not asking out of ridicule, but rather out of curiosity. It would make sense that there's more skepticism this time around since the majority of us (myself included) were expecting a huge reveal at The Game Awards last year, only to be made the butt end of the joke.
I for one am not.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master

Looks like a Mushroom themed tourney this week.
HEY GUYS! DON'T EAT THE MUSHROOM!

SharkLord

Smash Hero
View attachment 294603
Perhaps.jpg

Maybe, maybe not. Joker could've been a one-time thing, but there's some things that indicate Byleth may have been planned there but was delayed at the last minute. Who knows.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Looks at username.
I once tried searching for my Username in Google.

I never tried searching for my Username in Google since then.

Anyhow, I'm thinking a March reveal and release. Why? March is technically the latest for a 3 month period between characters to happen while still meeting the December timeline.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't really understand the pessimism. It just as easily could happen. I wouldn't think it's a guarantee, but that isn't the same as saying it's unlikely.
I wouldn't really call it pessimism(Well, it is), but at the same time, people were losing their goddamn minds this time last year due to a WHOLE myriad of **** all happening at once.

My stance is to just wait and see patiently.

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman

Looks like a Mushroom themed tourney this week.
Hmm... this calls for an obligatory reference to a music track about avoiding shrooms!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I wouldn't really call it pessimism(Well, it is), but at the same time, people were losing their goddamn minds this time last year due to a WHOLE myriad of **** all happening at once.

My stance is to just wait and see patiently.
I really wanna forget last year. Not because of no Smash reveal but ashamed of how I acted...Jesus Christ, looking back I can't believe how I was. I took it to the extreme.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Isn't this how DKC2 begins? With Diddy Kong on a Pirate Ship?

That's the gist of the picture I feel tonight.
Yeah, Pic of the Day looks like a throwback to Donkey Kong Country 2, given the Kremlings and K. Rool went all pirate themed in that venture.

For a more substantial post - I'm still 50/50 on whether or not we see anything related to Smash. I won't be watching it, but if I were to make a soft prediction, at the very least, something related to Ninja Gaiden is happening, perhaps the scenario of Both the confirmation of the Ninja Gaiden Sigma trilogy, then following up on that with Ryu Hayabusa as a tie-in Smash Bros character teaser.
I'm not sure if this will happen, but I'll keep a soft bet on that.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
The Beware of Mushrooms Tournament obviously is a clear hint towards a character that would be associated with that sort of sentence.

A character from a certain game made in the mid 90s, where mushrooms played a bit of a part?

Perhaps a long requested character that feels long overdue for Smash?

That's right...

Tails, known for speeding through the levels in Mushroom Hill in Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Honestly think we're getting a Hayabusa reveal at TGA. I've crunched the numbers and it all adds up don't @ me.
I just want the Ninja Gaiden Sigma Trilogy to get announced there. I mean I’m not saying I won’t take a Hayabusa Smash reveal as well but I at least want confirmation of the Trilogy.

I just really miss my boy.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
You know what, Geno being announced at the VGAs is totally a 2020 thing to do because all sense and logic got thrown out the window this past year.
By that logic, wouldn't our VGA announcement be more super small scale?

Like "Get ready for a Super Smash Bros Ultimate Spirit Board extravaganza, featuring a huge variety of characters from all across gaming, and even a few new faces too..."

Then as a bonus, the event isn't until the minute before they announce Pack 8.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom