• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newcomer: Sukapon (Joy Mecha Fight) *Now with Moveset Sketches!*

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
So I've managed somehow *ahem* to play JMF and it's a blast. Truly, this game is tons of fun! If you, too, can *ahem* find a way to play it, I highly recommend it. Skapon is adorable, and he is already perfectly suited for Brawl. Skapon FTW! =)
How'd you play it? Did you download it somewhere? Does it have subtitles?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
There are translated ROMs available around the net: just search for it. The emulator I used was NEStopia. Let me know if you end up playing it! =)

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
Go find this ROM. I played through it in a Saturday a few months back, and I can attest to its awesomeness. S(u)kapon has become, rightly so, almost on par with Geno for smashboards.com loving. Right now, I'm working on a redesign for Skapon, much like what was done for Pit by Sora, and what JesterBox has sketched out for the Balloon Fighter (see Balloon Fighter topic.) Though I doubt the pink comedian will make it, I'm holding out hope.

(. _ .)

(') ( o ) (')

(__) (__)

It's a forum

Smash Apprentice
Sukapon could work. As long as this retro character doesn't affect Lil Mac's chances of making it in I agree with the Sukapon addition.
It may be confusing when fighting Kirby, both are round and pink.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I really do hope that Skapon is in Brawl. He would be the new Mr. Game & Watch, and I don't mean that as 'LOL HE COULD BE THE WTF CHARACTER.' (I don't like that term...) I mean it in that, Mr. Game & Watch was the first Nintendo character. Skapon is the first fighting character created by Nintendo. Sakurai likes retro characters afterall, and he was mentioned in the poll. I think he has a decent chance. :grin:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I just read through this whole thread, and there didn't seem to be anything negative toward Sukapon in Brawl. I find it amazing that popular characters like King Dedede, Ridley, Diddy Kong, Geno, and Krystal get negative reactions, but Sukapon does not. The worst that was said is that he may be unlikely... Sorry I just found that incredible...

Also, to anyone whom has played Joy Mech Fight, what do you think his stats would be?

SUKAPON FOR BRAWL! (I hope Ridley didn't hear me) ._.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Don't discount Skapon from the running just yet. He was mentioned more than once on "Selections from Sakurai's Poll" by Masahiro Sakurai, and Sakurai himself has expressed interest in the character--a very good sign! I am really hoping to see Skapon on the playable roster.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Bump!

I've made this simple little icon to put in your signiture to show support for Sukapon. I haven't seen any before...

Sukapon for Brawl!

hyrdalisk23

Smash Rookie
This thread introduced me to Joy Mecha Fight, a game that otherwise I would of probably never known, and for that I am grateful. Joy Mecha Fight is the best fighting game on the NES without a doubt, and I think Sukapon is quite deserving considering his game was Nintendo's first true fighter, and he has alot of personality and really stand out. If he's included I'd assume he'd be hidden, perhaps one of the later characters in the unlocking chain, and possibly in his 2d form like Game & Watch. For everyone who hasn't played Joy Mecha Fight, do it now, go find a translated rom and play this masterpiece, if you're timid and afraid of emulators then go here Joy Mecha Fight! That link takes you to everyvideogame.com, an online emulator no download required(the sound and graphics take a hit though).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I made my own Sukapon support thing...

I was going for Simplistic

I just got an idea for the background though so it will be a lot better

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
If Sakurai makes the smart choice and includes Sukapon on the playable roster, the noises (BRRNH!) must stay intact! Nice work, PI; please post the updated one when you create it!

I keep my fingers crossed for Sukapon, and I really think that he has a good chance. He appeared on both the Melee and Brawl polls, placing well on both also. He was acknowledged more than once on the latter, which also furthers our cause. We need to spread the Joi Meka Faito love! =)

Xaron Fisk

Smash Journeyman
I just played JMF for the first time. Very, very fun game. Sukapon would be great.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Good, I'm glad you enjoyed it! It's simple, but very fun with plenty of nuances that keep it exciting. What's better is that the system would translate easily to Brawl.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only person I had a problem with was Ghost...mostly because I wanted to beat him with the same character I fought Ra with so I guess that is mostly my fault...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

*proud*

For some reason though, through the process of making it transparent, all the red (chest spot, mouth) was replaced with pink. :confused:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

*proud*

For some reason though, through the process of making it transparent, all the red (chest spot, mouth) was replaced with pink. :confused:
AWESOME! Seriously, awesome job. :grin:

Gahh I love it all! The samples are awesome, and it's great to hear remixes of JMF. I wish I could find a JMF music rip from the game itself. I checked Galbadia Hotel, but no luck. :ohwell:

Fawriel

Smash Master
!

Sukapon's Final Smash:
He temporarily detaches ( as far as that's possible any more ) all the parts of his body. They still move in the same place, but when you use an attack, only one part of him uses it. If you keep pressing buttons, another part of him will use the following attack. With quick fingers, this lets him theoretically use... 4 or 6 attacks at the same time ( depending on whether he uses his center and head for attacks )!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
!

Sukapon's Final Smash:
He temporarily detaches ( as far as that's possible any more ) all the parts of his body. They still move in the same place, but when you use an attack, only one part of him uses it. If you keep pressing buttons, another part of him will use the following attack. With quick fingers, this lets him theoretically use... 4 or 6 attacks at the same time ( depending on whether he uses his center and head for attacks )!
Or another idea could be the other 7 robots drop in and attack everyone...or somethin...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
OR, he could go on a crazy dancing spree for a few moments. You'd be able to direct him, but he would be stuck in a dancing animation that would damage anyone it hit. Perhaps some Joy Mecha Fight music could play to this, too?

There's a couple more things I'd like to know about Sukapon... What stage (if any) would he have? Also, what would his stats be? He looks like he'd have a good jump from what I can tell...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I would LOVE JMF on the VC! (Acronyms ahoy!)

As far as his FS goes, maybe he could summon one of the other robots. That's actually really hard. =/

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
Nah, summoning isnt his style.
Remember, most Final Smash's are extracted from the games. Think about what he is.

He was made to be the worlds first comedian robot I believe. I swear, he'll go on a fast spree (You could say like Daffy Duck in the old cartoons) doing all these wacky, but hard hitting damaging moves to his opponents. <3

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I know; it's just hard to tie his comedic talents into Smash.

Maybe he could perform a routine, and the audience attacks the other characters depending on how well Sukapon performs and makes them laugh.

Top Bottom