• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newish to Ganon, need Advice/Answers (Vids)

T-Rex

Smash Apprentice
Well this is kinda my first time in the Ganon forums, and taking Ganon as a serious character at that. I know I have tons of work, but since I temporarily dropped Jigglypuff for certain reasons:laugh:. I have recently picked up Ganon, I know that my Ganon is not good, watching Chaddd videos lately makes me feel even worse. But I'd like to get better with Ganon I've tried picking up every character from Shiek to Donkey Kong, but since Ganon has always been one of my secondaries, I decided I was most comfortable with him.

Now into the actual point of my post, I figure just asking questions is pointless, so here I present some matches, which I would love to see critiqued, what needs to be done, and even what I am doing right. Now I know that I am pretty bad at Ganon, but be nice :laugh: . (I don't L cancel on Ganon's Dairs well enough yet btw..) :ohwell:

---------------------------------------------------
My Ganondorf vs various Characters, along with some questions I have regarding character match-ups etc.
----------------------------------
My Ganon vs. Falco
Jordo vs. Spencer (Falco) 1-3
Jordo vs. Spencer (Falco) 2-3
Jordo vs. Spencer (Falco) 2-3

- My Biggest problem I seem to have against a Falco is the approach, the lasers kill me. Any suggestions?
-- The other problem is Ganon's recovery, (for me at least) seems so predictable, and 9/10 times I get Dair spiked, sweet spotting the ledge or not.

My Ganon vs. Fox
Jordo vs. Spencer (Fox) 1-3
Jordo vs. Spencer (Fox) 2-3
Jordo vs. Spencer (Fox) 3-3

- I cannot stand being Shine Spiked, but luckily my friend has lost some of his fox skillz and cannot waveshine any longer, I just feel being shined on my recovery is just something that happens, is there anyway around this?

My Ganon vs. Marth
Jordo vs. Spencer (Marth) 1-3
Jordo vs. Spencer (Marth) 2-3
Jordo vs. Spencer (Marth) 3-3

- I have a similar problem with Marth as I do Fox, the recovery, how do I get back on the stage without getting a tipper to the forehead?
Final Questions;
- What is Ganon's favorable approach against other characters, Fair?
-- Should I roll more? (I notice a lot of the better Ganons roll a bit {when necessary} jab, then combo etc.)
--- What moves should I use more of?
---- Which moves should I use less of?
---------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the feedback,
Jordo (T-Rex)

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I'm sure you already know what needs to be improved on. The only time I suggest rolling with Ganon is when your opponent is invincible, cuz otherwise, they can often punish you because Ganon isn't all that fast when he rolls. Also, I think he is vulnerable to attack in the first few frames of his roll and dodge.

You need to work on your shffles, and you were being very predictable (except for u-tilt and warlock punch, I never saw that coming). Your jiggz seemed pretty good btw.

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
Ganon vs. Falco
------------------
Lasers... Your best options are to roll or to jump over them.

Recovery - Mix it up a bit! Add an Up air while jumping (Might want to smash up on the c-stick at the same time of jumping). TECH WHEN YOU GET DAIR'D!

Ganon vs. Fox
Shine spiked - There really isn't much to do against this. As soon as your opponent has dropped from the ledge, Up-B him. Also try to predict IF he's going to Shine spike you or not.

Ganon vs. Marth
Tipper to the Forehead - Sweetspot and/or TECH!

Final Questions;
- What is Ganon's favorable approach against other characters, Fair?
-- Should I roll more? (I notice a lot of the better Ganons roll a bit {when necessary} jab, then combo etc.)
--- What moves should I use more of?
---- Which moves should I use less of?
-------------------------------------------------------
Most Ganon's use Any of his aireals, except Nair, for an approach.
DO NOT ROLL MORE. IT WILL HURT YOU NOT HELP. :p
Use more Uair, side-b, and Down-b.
Use less Nair. Do not use B or Utilt.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I say: You need to wavedash man! It's a HUGE part of Ganon's game! Reverse Uair spike is teh PWN against Falco, Fox, and Marth! Ledgehop Waveland is great for building up on mindgames. Practice L-Canceling your Dairs!

Hope that helps! If you need anymore help feel free to ask.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Why does everyone bash Nair? It really is more usefull than most people think. At lower percents, you can hit floaty opponents with both kicks, and with lighter characters sometimes too. It's got decent range, and it comes out in about the same frames as uair. It makes a good combo breaker when opponents come from underneath, and nobody expects Ganon's recovery to include a Nair, it scares people.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
Why does everyone bash Nair? It really is more usefull than most people think. At lower percents, you can hit floaty opponents with both kicks, and with lighter characters sometimes too. It's got decent range, and it comes out in about the same frames as uair. It makes a good combo breaker when opponents come from underneath, and nobody expects Ganon's recovery to include a Nair, it scares people.
To go back to why you quit puff, that was hilarious. you are in the right place to learn to be a great ganon. I also would like to applaud your choice of characters. most people would just jump to fox. BTD, I have also seen how Nair is coming in handy. i did it a couple of times and my friends were like " o crap he's nairing, wtf". linguini and pyro have helped you and many others by posting here. byes

Top Bottom