• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Level LAN Presents: BRAWL! -August 21st [Orlando, FL]

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
im hostin a tourny in sfl, sorry guys

u guys are more than welcome to come (duh)

im havin pools no matter what so its gonna be a great last practice before mlg!

pacho

Smash Apprentice
6947 University Blvd. Winter Park, FL 32792
Guys, sorry for the short notice this time. At any rate, we're looking forward to another awesome Brawl tourney this Saturday. NLL is still discussing a Melee event and will release a future date as soon as we finalize our calendar.

Also, to address some of your concerns regarding our registration fee, i am going to quote Cecil in his infinite wisdom, with his permission. please see below:

"Think of it this way. If somebody charges a $5 door fee and has a $10 registration fee at a 100% cut, the players are losing more that way than having a $15 registration fee at a 70% cut. Of course they just see a registration fee and make generalizations from there. Let's do the math:

100 people sign up. $10 registration fee. $1000 given as prizes. $500 in door fees
100 people sign up. $15 registration fee, 70% cut. $1050 given as prizes. $450 given to the store

It's close to but slightly higher than the other option. So they can think of the extra $5 as a "door fee" if they want, but not really since anybody is welcome to spectate.

For each person registering:
$4.50 goes to the store.
$10.50 goes back.

As a matter of fact, the store is at a loss by not having a door fee (which NLL will NEVER do). Remember that that $4.50 going back to the store helps them stick around so that they can continue to host these things. Electricity costs (TV and air conditioning) cost a good amount that day too."

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
i'll prolly enter this tourney. who wants to team?
preferably someone better than me haha.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
sucks SFL wont be at this one

but theyll come in september so its ok.

plus this is down the street from me so i can never argue against it lol

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Yah I'd team with you or willis...

If I have $10. So nothing for sure.

Since SFL isn't comming to this they should add melee since there will probably be plenty of time.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Guys, sorry for the short notice this time. At any rate, we're looking forward to another awesome Brawl tourney this Saturday. NLL is still discussing a Melee event and will release a future date as soon as we finalize our calendar.

Also, to address some of your concerns regarding our registration fee, i am going to quote Cecil in his infinite wisdom, with his permission. please see below:

"Think of it this way. If somebody charges a $5 door fee and has a $10 registration fee at a 100% cut, the players are losing more that way than having a $15 registration fee at a 70% cut. Of course they just see a registration fee and make generalizations from there. Let's do the math:

100 people sign up. $10 registration fee. $1000 given as prizes. $500 in door fees
100 people sign up. $15 registration fee, 70% cut. $1050 given as prizes. $450 given to the store

It's close to but slightly higher than the other option. So they can think of the extra $5 as a "door fee" if they want, but not really since anybody is welcome to spectate.

For each person registering:
$4.50 goes to the store.
$10.50 goes back.

As a matter of fact, the store is at a loss by not having a door fee (which NLL will NEVER do). Remember that that $4.50 going back to the store helps them stick around so that they can continue to host these things. Electricity costs (TV and air conditioning) cost a good amount that day too."
NLL should do a Brawl Minus tourney to

gallax

Smash Hero
Hey i need some help!!! I just need one person, ONE PERSON, to help me for like 2 hours at most on saturday. Im gonna move into my new place at like 10 in the morning and then if i can move all my heavy stuff (1 MAYBE 2 trips) i can make it to NLL. Can anyone please help me? Im gonna be driving and if you dont mind driving my car or home depots car it would freaking awesome. I will even pay for your lunch.

I REALLY WANNA GO TO NLL!!!!!

PS- its not gonna be that hard i promise. Most of the trip you are gonna be sitting in a car listening to music.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Hey i need some help!!! I just need one person, ONE PERSON, to help me for like 2 hours at most on saturday. Im gonna move into my new place at like 10 in the morning and then if i can move all my heavy stuff (1 MAYBE 2 trips) i can make it to NLL. Can anyone please help me? Im gonna be driving and if you dont mind driving my car or home depots car it would freaking awesome. I will even pay for your lunch.

I REALLY WANNA GO TO NLL!!!!!

PS- its not gonna be that hard i promise. Most of the trip you are gonna be sitting in a car listening to music.
where you moving to? because if nick wants to ill help but will it be b4 doubles?

gallax

Smash Hero
YES its gonna b b4 dubs. Im trying to get this over with and be back at NLL before 12noon which is MORE THAN LIKELY. If you wanna drive to NLL or UCF i can pikc you up in my car and from there we are gonna hit the home depot where you can either drive my car or the rental truck(literally a truck, not a massive F400 kind) and then go right to my old place and pick up the heavy stuf then drive back to UCF, drop the stuff off at my new place and then go back to home depot to return the rental. From there we hit up my place on the way back to pick up a few more things and then head over to NLL. SIMPLE! If i can get more people driving or another truck if would be phenomenal of everyone.

Edit: I live about 20 mins away from campus crossings, my new place.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
YES its gonna b b4 dubs. Im trying to get this over with and be back at NLL before 12noon which is MORE THAN LIKELY. If you wanna drive to NLL or UCF i can pikc you up in my car and from there we are gonna hit the home depot where you can either drive my car or the rental truck(literally a truck, not a massive F400 kind) and then go right to my old place and pick up the heavy stuf then drive back to UCF, drop the stuff off at my new place and then go back to home depot to return the rental. From there we hit up my place on the way back to pick up a few more things and then head over to NLL. SIMPLE! If i can get more people driving or another truck if would be phenomenal of everyone.

Edit: I live about 20 mins away from campus crossings, my new place.
dang i dont drive ask nick tho he drives if he goes im deffinatly helping

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
I'm bringing a friend to this event and its his first time entering a tournament for a video game, he's a really awesome guy just inexperienced at the game. Would anyone like to team with him for this?

pacho

Smash Apprentice
We're gonna start a Mini Melee Tourney right after Brawls singles is done. Singles just started so you guys have a little while to make it here but please hurry!

Congrats to the winners of Brawl Doubles: Hungry Box and HR Nut.

dorothymantooth

Smash Rookie
And congrats to GDX and HRNut, who split the winnings for the Brawl Singles! Here's a quick look at the top contenders:

Singles -
1st / 2nd: GDX / HRNut
3rd: RadiX
4th: Fearless

We've got an impromptu Melee Tournament wrapping up now, thanks to the 8 people who showed enough interest to stay and keep it alive and for HungryBox for getting it going. :D

2-DJeff

Smash Master
yea i wanna c where i placed i did pretty good this tourney.. thought i could do better but i got the next 1 to make up for that ****

pacho

Smash Apprentice
Tx to everyone who came out to support this tournament. See you next month for a fusion event scheduled for Saturday, September 25.
Special tx to hungry box for all his help as always. Also, kudos to our staff and volunteers for making this our smoothest tourney ever.
Photos will be uploaded on nll Facebook smash page soon.

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
Yea, I didn't do so good this tourney, but I learned something I need to work on: Matchup Experience. I need some practice against Diddy Kong (as always) and Toon Link (shout out to GodMeowMix, that dude is crazy). I still had fun today, and I'll be bringing the heat next time.

황미영

Smash Champion
Tourney was too much fun. I did okay at both Brawl and Melee, but god**** afterwards was too much fun.

Mero is the cooloest Puertorican of all time now! xDDDD

MERO TE AMO!

And if no one knows, I was the one cross dressing. ;D

Top Bottom