• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Level LAN Presents: Happy Smashgiving!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Should've played the original version, at least even just a little bit. It wasn't bad. It was scrubby but it wasn't bad.
not enough of the characters interested me after a week though

although dr. doom looked interesting, and MAYBE she hulk

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
not enough of the characters interested me after a week though

although dr. doom looked interesting, and MAYBE she hulk
Doom was good. He's only gotten better. So many buffs.

Don't even bother with She-Hulk. She got nerfed hard and that's an understatement IMO. I'm still gonna use her because I'm loyal to my characters and I now have more reason to prove that I didn't go to her because Justin Wong, Peter Rosas, Josh Jodoin, and Ari Weintraub won with her.

(Not directed at anyone at all but if anyone mentions why I dropped Yoshi, they are sadly mistaken. It's more or less I was getting more proficient with Zero Suit Samus as my secondary to the point where NickRiddle said my ZSS was better than my Yoshi. From that point on I just took his advice and the rest is history. My Yoshi still got it though.)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i might try doom

as of right now my team is looking like phoenix wright/dr. strange (if i like him)/doom or ghost rider or *insert other meaty or just amazing character shamelessly here*

although dr. strange kinda reminds me of diddy kong/venom i think I'll like him

Edit: and i got no problem with you switching from yoshi to ZSS

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
I want loads of UMvC3 practice. I might focus on Marvel more than Brawl at the tournament, tbh.

Gotta get my Frank West/Ghost Rider/Ryu or Wesker team up to snuff

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
i might try doom

as of right now my team is looking like phoenix wright/dr. strange (if i like him)/doom or ghost rider or *insert other meaty or just amazing character shamelessly here*

although dr. strange kinda reminds me of diddy kong/venom i think I'll like him

Edit: and i got no problem with you switching from yoshi to ZSS
Doom has a little learning curve but he's a really solid character that's gotten some good buffs for Ultimate. I played Doom extensively in the summer so I can help you out with him. I haven't played him much recently but I'm picking him back up for execution purposes since I was able to be proficient with him before and I want to get back to that proficiency before I altered my team mid-summer.

As for team making/team structure, you can go 1 of 2 ways IMO. You can either just pick 3 solid legit characters or pick a character you really like and surround him/her with really good pieces. It's apparent you want to play PW and his style is so intriguing that even I'll dabble with him. I can help you with that as well. Of course, me helping you will have to be anytime I can get to Orlando/UCF area. I'm better at teaching by show than with words.

Lastly, I know you have no problem with my switch from Yoshi to ZSS but I have gotten flack about it in the past, especially when I bring up character loyalty/pride. So I feel it was in my best interest to preempt and shut the issue down before it even starts.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Magneto got hit with the nerf bat so hard.

At this point I'm probably going to play Zero/Ironfist and then someone with a good assist who's a good anchor, either Ghost Rider, Dormammu or Vergil.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
yea if you can help me with team building too that would be much appreciated...cause PW is definitely happening 100%. I just have to find what other two parts go with him...I hope one of those parts is Dr. Strange or Doom or Ghost Rider, or a combination of them, but if I have to tier ***** it up and add something dumb like a wesker or wolvie in there too I will if i have to.

we can talk about it next week at NLL. I should be able to buy it that friday when I get paid. I would practice all day that day, since im off, but I'll probably be wrighting a paper

DFEAR

Smash Hero
anyone from sfl should just play with the zp people in mvc :\ they did get 1st at easons beatings. go job!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
did georgia already buy their tickets? I wanted to make sure cause when I search on megabus website right now there are no buses that leave late Friday

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
David Torres, what do you think of Frank West in terms of gameplay/skill? You think he'll be any good?
Frank is a very interesting character who demands a team built around him IMO. That is because of his leveling up system. At first glance he seems like an underwhelming character but as he gains levels, his range and damage output increase. I can't really say if he'll be good or not just yet but he has the tools if you work for them.

I'mma link you to the Ultimate Assist Me episode that features Frank West. Max brings a better perspective than me. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zWn_RFJ8Ag

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
lol gdx, u said the exact same thing last tourny but wen it came time for pools u were like "eff that" and pools aren't even as important as bracket.

mk should just not be banned.... the majority of the top players are going to apex, the same majority wont have a problem with anyones pocket mk, so this ban is rly only having an affect on my personal performance vs them.
if over half them let me use mk on them anyway for apex practice, whats the point of banning him here?

if we use apex rules, RC and brinstar are banned, so its not like the pocket mk's will even have those stages to fall back on. the better player will still be winning the set.

and IF one of our top players DOES lose to someones pocket mk, than better here than at apex so we know that players got some work to imrpove on and such. banning mk is like putting blindfolds on everyone planning to go to apex, and expecting them to be fine.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
This isn't apex though. If you want mk legal host your on tournament or just sit and wait for the final verdict for this tournament. Not all of us are going to apex.
Don't like it? Don't come. No ones making you go
:phone:

2-DJeff

Smash Master
This isn't apex though. If you want mk legal host your on tournament or just sit and wait for the final verdict for this tournament. Not all of us are going to apex.
Don't like it? Don't come. No ones making you go
Mk beats everyone dosnt matter where the stage is or the character the mk is fighting. If mk wins you can't say better player. Yea he was a better player at the character select screen ill give you that.
Edit:actually let him ne legal.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I think like 40-50% of the attendance of this tourney is going to apex actually :laugh:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Yea I admit I flaked last time lol but I really mean it this time (mainly since this is my last tourney before apex)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
What's still not 100%?

And also anyone can use mk against me too. Mains/pocket whatever lol

Edit:nvm on the % thing

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Keep mk legal. We only have 1-2 tournies b4 apex. That wouldn't be right. After apex mk will be banned all the time. So it's not that big of a deal to let him be legal at our last tournaments so we can benefit our own players.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
20$ mm ryo wats good. i also accept cfl mms, especially from gdx ;)

also i need a ride to this. will be amazing good gas money. justin? davbrik?

also i need a confirmed team mate.

Top Bottom