• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEXT M.A.S TOURNAMENT December 4th, 2010 (New thread and details coming soon)

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
yo, I need a ride from Milwaukee at the university and then if I get that far I'll need a good teammate

Nothing wrong with the classic :)
Perfect, I'm picking up Red Ryu there.

$1 Marth Lucas?

*edit* Just noticed Wafles's post. Isn't it out of the way for you?

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
So yeah, I just remembered DDR is here. Must cancel all MMs, DDR is my number one priority.

If I don't play one game of DDR my legs will collapse from depression.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
who ever wants to pick me up thats fine If sponge is already coming here it would make sense to go with him. but whatevers cool and yeah kenni i'll team with you.
I'm picking Red Ryu up at the Union on Maryland or whatever that street is. Pretty much by the steps in front of the cafeteria type thing.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

There is a reason why I haven't been posting as often, hyping the hype, or whatever on here.

And that's because I've desperately been looking for a new venue to host MAS tournaments. And I think I found it...I hope. :reverse: (this smile could resemble me a lil =/ )

I'm in the process of striking a pretty sweet deal with this up and coming video game retail & console game repair & LAN store/center (talk about tongue twister) here in RACINE, WI:

PIRANHA GAMING!!!

Their old location is being shut down at the end of this month, because they're moving into a MUCH bigger place and that's where WE come in. :)

Okay so lemme cut straight to the point. This new venue, where we ARE GOING TO NEXT MONTH, is pretty much like Screenz (one of our old venues in Chicago for CoB). With it's good and bad points (you know I have to be honest). And at this very moment, the new place is being remodeled. And while remodeling, they're considering us for becoming regulars...involved with their place of business. For example, they're adding in extra outlets, built in power strips, space for more tables and chairs, and widening the spectating areas (we'll have tripple the space from paul's video arcade tournament section. actually picture us having the entire arcade as space and then some. :bee: ).

Here's some pros and cons of the new venue:

Pros -

* one leveled venue (meaning no stairs), everything is wheel chair accessible.
* windowed (unlike screen where we were confined to the basement for 90% of our events)
* event time lenient (going back to j.jireh's time schedule 10 am - midnight or later)
* lost of space (the upstairs is bigger than that of j.jireh's...even if it's just by a lil lol)
* this is a video game retail and repair store (you need it? he probably sells it. broken wii, ps3, or xbox....he's got you covered...all of this at affordable rates. he might throw in some discounts for the first couple months)
* venue sells food & drinks (being at downtown racine there isn't much options for food. there's a subway/taco place a block south from the venue. MY FAVORITE CHINESE PLACE IN THE WHOLE ****ING WORLD...at the end of the block heading north. and random bars n cafes around too. okay so there actually are options lol. but if you feel like being lazy, but get food from him. SUPPORT THE VENUE!!!)
* it's a LAN center (wanna play wow, dfo, aion lmfao, or whatever? ask for details on how to get connected to their internets. have some monies to spare)

Cons -

* there's no venue parking lot (similar to screenz you'll now have to park on the streets of downtown Racine. parking meters are FREE after 6pm. you may get lucky/be smart and find some free parking areas...if you're willing to walk a couple blocks to the venue)
* NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK WHATSOEVER (I think you guys know the drill on this one)
* NO ALCOHOL, SMOKING, OR SWEARING (please remember this is a place of business. people and their families will be coming in to either get a quick snack or purchase video games/drop off~pick up repair orders, or both. so please be curtious to those around you. this applies to me as well lol)

We'll also be having LAN parties/lock-ins too in the future. And pot bonuses may be coming back as well. BRAWL/MELEE TOURNAMENTS ARE COMING BACK IN FULL FORCE AS WELL NEXT MONTH.

I'm looking at November 13th for Next tournament day AFTER the October tourney @ Paul's.

SO GET ****ING HYPED!!!!

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
If ANYONE has any problems with the next MAS being on Nov 13th (after the October one...which is on the 30th...and I HOPE EVERYONE COMES TO), please lemme know.

AND SUGGEST A BETTER DATE. But we must run one in November.

Tournaments may overlap.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
LAN Parties? First LAN party, get at my Desert Bus MM $20.

I know its not a LAN game, but its not Desert Bus unless at least 2 people are playing.

Also, why did you just list MMOs? You don't play MMOs at a LAN party >.>

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
LOL Jordan, goes to show u how much I know about "real" online gaming. Someone fill me in on what a LAN party really is, and what you do there (technically).

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
LOL Jordan, goes to show u how much I know about "real" online gaming. Someone fill me in on what a LAN party really is, and what you do there (technically).
A LAN party is when errbody brings their PCs, plays games, and have a good time.

For example, you can play games with LAN support, like; Starcraft, DotA, Borderlands, Counter-Strike, Serious Sam, Age of Empires, Battlefield 2 (big LANs), Diablo 2, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (no others), CnC Generals (Zero Hour though, regular is imba as hell), UT2K4, Minecraft, Halo CE, Quake Live, Civ 4, Sword of the Stars (tbh, this is an awful LAN game because its SO **** LONG)... and many others that I forgot.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Guys the November 13th isn't written in stone. I can be flexible. If you guys have a prefered weekend you'd like to see my next MAS held lemme know. Just remember two things:

I must have one in November.

and...

I'm definitely running brawl and melee.

Lemme know.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I'd say the 27th as well, since these are monthlies and all. Tournament series that happen any more frequently than monthlies tend to lose a lot of hype and interest.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Yeah I was thinking on the 27th as well.

ARE THERE ANY OBJECTIONS FROM ANYONE ELSE, ON THE 27th OF NOVEMBER???

Also pleeeeease don't forget we're still having October's tournament on the 30th still. And then afterwards we're going to watch Saw 3D.

Top Bottom