• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
well as we're on the subject of echoes why doesn't everyone list the echoes you'd like to see as we've done with out at promotions and fe revamps

gooigi (luigi)
octoling (inkling)
digby (isabelle)
toadette (if toad gets in)
alph (olimar)
ninjara (min min)
roll (mega man)
roxas (sora)
Wool yoshi (yoshi)
Gooigi, Ocotoling, Alph, Ninjara and Wool Yoshi are great choices.

I hope they take a more broad approach with Echoes next time, as with Ken and Chrom, and the Melee clones. If so, I'd like to see these:

Dixie Kong * (hair grab and hair helicopter are a must, also different stats and animations, little slower and lighter but great recovery)

Impa * (uses the kodachi in certain attacks giving the moveset safer approaches and a disjoint, tradeoff is speed but has more power, potentially could also take Greninja's Shadow Sneak)

Black Knight * (heavy weight Ike with different Specials except Counter)
I have a feeling K. Rool was supposed to be the Retro Rep this time around. That and I think there's probably some legal mandate that every Smash game must include a Pokemon from the latest generation. But still Incineroar could've had his role taken up by Fighter Hayabusa or Starman, they could've started development earlier, and then the Legal Mandate Pokemon could've been someone more unique like Decidueye, Primarina, or Lycanroc. But the fact that Incineroar is as plain as they are makes me think they were limited in the time department with Incineroar, especially since some sources say he was decided after Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. I wish we got a proper, non-Fan Favorite, Retro Character though since those tend to be some of Smash's Best Designs EASY!
K.Rool definitely isn't the retro rep of Ultimate.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Gooigi, Ocotoling, Alph, Ninjara and Wool Yoshi are great choices.

I hope they take a more broad approach with Echoes next time, as with Ken and Chrom, and the Melee clones. If so, I'd like to see these:

Dixie Kong * (hair grab and hair helicopter are a must, also different stats and animations, little slower and lighter but great recovery)

Impa * (uses the kodachi in certain attacks giving the moveset safer approaches and a disjoint, tradeoff is speed but has more power, potentially could also take Greninja's Shadow Sneak)

Black Knight * (heavy weight Ike with different Specials except Counter)

K.Rool definitely isn't the retro rep of Ultimate.
thanks. Although personally I’d hope Dixie and impa would be more unique

Chuderz

Smash Journeyman
I've played a good amount of Multiversus. I got my battlepass all leveled up and even put up a couple dollars for the bottom half and feel it was well worth it.

If you play Smash you'll at least have some fundamentals pretty much down but you still need to get used to their systems. I won't get into all of them because you can just play the game and find out for yourselves but after a couple of plays or maybe at worst a few days you'll be used to it and a lot of choices are actually pretty refreshing. At least they didn't kill the game trying to be different than Smash like PSASBR did. The game is geared towards doubles and it's fun plus you actually earn a little bit more gold that way but I honestly will always prefer singles. My guess is that the devs saw the lack of seriousness the Smash scene takes doubles and saw that as their lane to pursue for their game. We'll see how that goes.

One thing I would have like added would be charging super attack for each character similar to a final smash or actually more like the ults in Overwatch. I think it would given each character an extra little umph and personality.

I like the game enough that I plan to spend as little money as I possibly can. I'm mainly just gonna grind my battlepass then cash in for the bottom premium portion each season and that will suffice. I have about half the cast unlocked now and am steadily working to have them all sometime just before or just after the pre-season ends. You could also just log in and do your daily challenges and make pretty decent progress towards your goals and that should also help you with your seasonal challenges too if you're consistent about it. Doing so will probably take at most an hour to accomplish or maybe less. It just depends on your skill/luck I guess. Matches take anywhere from 2-4 minutes on average.

The only groups I think should be looking at Mulitversus is Viacom/Nickelodeon. They could have something just like that if they wanted it. I hope Mulitversus inspires them to do so. They already have a good dev team that just simply needs a big budget and adequate time. They even have their current game that could function as a base for this kind of project. I hope they consider it.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
-Had it's own movie, which the Smash version is based on.
-Was a Pokemon given to you for free in the games. Compared to Zorua/Zoroark who was an Event Giveaway in Black & White and only available in-game with Black & White 2. This is probably the biggest reason why Zoroark did not pick up as well as Lucario because everybody could get Lucario in Diamond and Pearl. Only people who did the Event, or got lucky with trades, got Zoroark and you had to wait until Black & White 2 for them to be available to everybody.
-Is very popular competitive-wise.
-Also cameo'd in Red and Blue Rescue Mystery Dungeon before it's appearance in Diamond and Pearl. But that's more of a bonus.

Lucario was popular long before Smash, whereas Zoroark was not picking up during it's own Generation. Only later has Zoroark been able to pick itself up. As I said, most likely the main reason Zoroark did not pick up as well as Lucario was because Lucario was available in-game for everybody as an in-game event, whereas Zoroark was stuck in Event Pokehell, or trainers lucky to get it through trades. Zoroark could not be gotten in the games without events/lucky trades until Black & White 2 where you could get it from an in-game event like Lucario.
Uh, Zoroark had a movie too? I don't see the point with that one. (though granted Lucario's film is the better of the two)
i mean sure it was a pain to get but it was like N's ace and had scenes in the game too. its not like you never saw it, it just lacked potential for player connection (which I agree would hurt its popularity by default).

But they're literally in the exact same placement. Aside from being locked behind an Event, everything is pretty much the same. The timing seems like what screwed everything up for Zoroark. If Smash 4 released a few years earlier they would have picked Zoroark (or keldeo but thats besides the point lol) and the Pokémon would immediately see a large increase in notoriety and popularity as a result.
I don't really think the spinoff thing holds much merit, but I guess it can get players excited for things to come with being teased about future stuff.

Still, Gen 5 designs might not have been finalized to debut in some sort of spinoff 'till it was too late. Like considering the timing, they could have appeared in Poképark or a Pokémon Ranger title. But it's not like we'll ever know why that didn't happen. We can only infer Diamond and Pearl were further along to have multiple Pokémon referenced in Mystery Dungeon. (if anything maybe Gen 5 being the first to have outside help could have had an effect on that)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Uh, Zoroark had a movie too? I don't see the point with that one. (though granted Lucario's film is the better of the two)
i mean sure it was a pain to get but it was like N's ace and had scenes in the game too. its not like you never saw it, it just lacked potential for player connection (which I agree would hurt its popularity by default).

But they're literally in the exact same placement. Aside from being locked behind an Event, everything is pretty much the same. The timing seems like what screwed everything up for Zoroark. If Smash 4 released a few years earlier they would have picked Zoroark (or keldeo but thats besides the point lol) and the Pokémon would immediately see a large increase in notoriety and popularity as a result.
I don't really think the spinoff thing holds much merit, but I guess it can get players excited for things to come with being teased about future stuff.

Still, Gen 5 designs might not have been finalized to debut in some sort of spinoff 'till it was too late. Like considering the timing, they could have appeared in Poképark or a Pokémon Ranger title. But it's not like we'll ever know why that didn't happen. We can only infer Diamond and Pearl were further along to have multiple Pokémon referenced in Mystery Dungeon. (if anything maybe Gen 5 being the first to have outside help could have had an effect on that)
The issue isn't necessarily that Zoroark didn't have the same things as Lucario. The issue is the claim that most of Lucario's popularity comes from Smash, which is clearly not true. Lucario was by far the most popular Sinnoh Pokémon long before Brawl came out.

If anything, I'd argue that Lucario is far, far more popular among the Pokémon fanbase than the Smash fanbase, especially in the Brawl era where Lucario got a ton of flack for seemingly replacing Mewtwo (which wasn't the case, but you know how this fanbase can be lol). Even nowadays, while Lucario is now a Smash mainstay, he kind of gets overlooked by a lot of the playerbase. Meanwhile for Pokémon, he's still incredibly popular, even managing to still be beat out the other Sinnohan juggernaut of popularity, Garchomp, on the big 2020 popularity poll and claim the spot of the single most popular Sinnoh Pokémon.

Quillion

Smash Hero
thanks. Although personally I’d hope Dixie and impa would be more unique
I feel like Dixie looks and, for the most part, plays so similarly to Diddy in their home games that her not being a clone of any kind would make no sense. If they're going to make up brawling moves for her so that she doesn't overuse her hair, I can't see them being much different from Diddy's.

And while Impa could be unique, it seems their creative juices dedicated towards "making things up" was used up after making Melee.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I feel like Dixie looks and, for the most part, plays so similarly to Diddy in their home games that her not being a clone of any kind would make no sense. If they're going to make up brawling moves for her so that she doesn't overuse her hair, I can't see them being much different from Diddy's.

And while Impa could be unique, it seems their creative juices dedicated towards "making things up" was used up after making Melee.
tell that to inceneroar side move

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Literally all the abilities you have in DKC are different between Diddy and Dixie, outside of running and jumping and even there they don't function the same as Diddy is faster. So that's not a good point honestly.

Quillion

Smash Hero
tell that to inceneroar side move
Sure, but it's pretty telling that it has the same startup anination as Flame Choke (itself turning Ganon's old Side B into a grab) and the rest of its special moves are based on something.

Literally all the abilities you have in DKC are different between Diddy and Dixie, outside of running and jumping and even there they don't function the same as Diddy is faster. So that's not a good point honestly.
Different movement physics by itself isn't that spectacular of a difference. And Dixie still has the "attack to roll off ledge then jump" doesn't she?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Sure, but it's pretty telling that it has the same startup anination as Flame Choke (itself turning Ganon's old Side B into a grab) and the rest of its special moves are based on something.
which itself was an original move. Sakurai has not given up on making stuff up

Quillion

Smash Hero
well mostly true. Byleth got a ton of non canon moves
I see that as the "Ness approach", but with the wrinkle that while Ness's elemental PSI comes from his party members, the three Lords can't be in the same party in 3H.

Still, even that approach is otherwise dead, considering Min Min doesn't have the abilities of the other fighters.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
My "Video Game Character" alignment chart will be divided between Medium and Company.
  • Medium Purist: It has to be a fully game character.
  • Medium Neutral: It may be from another electronic media (Radio, Television, Computing, etc).
  • Medium Rebel: Any media can go here.
  • Company Purist: They must have be centered on the gaming market.
  • Company Neutral: While making video games are their main focus, they have other ventures outside the industry.
  • Company Rebel: Any company can go here.
And that's the criteria of what identify as a Video Game character.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I see that as the "Ness approach", but with the wrinkle that while Ness's elemental PSI comes from his party members, the three Lords can't be in the same party in 3H.

Still, even that approach is otherwise dead, considering Min Min doesn't have the abilities of the other fighters.
ness has a similar problem, his psi moves only represent 3 out of 4 party members. In a similar manner to how byleth only represents 3 out of 4 paths

Quillion

Smash Hero
ness has a similar problem, his psi moves only represent 3 out of 4 party members. In a similar manner to how byleth only represents 3 out of 4 paths
Yeah, but I can't really call the Ness approach "non canon" either.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
My "Video Game Character" alignment chart will be divided between Medium and Company.
  • Medium Purist: It has to be a fully game character.
  • Medium Neutral: It may be from another electronic media (Radio, Television, Computing, etc).
  • Medium Rebel: Any media can go here.
  • Company Purist: They must have be centered on the gaming market.
  • Company Neutral: While making video games are their main focus, they have other ventures outside the industry.
  • Company Rebel: Any company can go here.
And that's the criteria of what identify as a Video Game character.
Guess I'm True Neutral.

Quillion

Smash Hero
well he can't use PKs, fire, thunder and star storm in earthbound
True, but they're still abilities canon to Earthbound even if Ness doesn't use them. That's why I can't call the "Ness approach" non-canon.

Ironically, by this metric, Ganondorf's brawling would be canon since Link can use the Fist and Master Rings in the Oracle games.

Laniv

Smash Champion
If it means anything, they did hand-wave away Ness' (and by extension, Lucas') movesets by saying that their friends taught them those moves in Melee and Brawl.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
True, but they're still abilities canon to Earthbound even if Ness doesn't use them. That's why I can't call the "Ness approach" non-canon.

Ironically, by this metric, Ganondorf's brawling would be canon since Link can use the Fist and Master Rings in the Oracle games.
I can see the logic but as laniv pointed out sakurai came up with a reason for it where as with byleth he literally can’t use those three weapons in the canon

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think the main point is that there's a difference between Byleth using all four of the relics they use in Smash simultaneously (when there's no single Three Houses route where all can be used) and something like "the Ice Climbers are cryokinetics now."

Geno Boost

Smash Master
well as we're on the subject of echoes why doesn't everyone list the echoes you'd like to see as we've done with out at promotions and fe revamps

gooigi (luigi)
octoling (inkling)
digby (isabelle)
toadette (if toad gets in)
alph (olimar)
ninjara (min min)
roll (mega man)
roxas (sora)
Wool yoshi (yoshi)
:ultness:: Ninten
:ultpacman:: Ms. Pac-man
:ultyoshi:: Boshi
:ultsonic:: Shadow
:ultike:: Black Knight
:ultolimar:: :ultalph:
:ultsteve:: :ultzombie:
:ultmegaman:: Protoman
:ultwario:: Booster (SMRPG)
:ultmewtwo:: Shadow Mewtwo
:ultcharizard:: Mega Charizard X
:ultdk:: Funky Kong
:ultkazuya:: Jin Kazama
:ultmetaknight:: Galacta Knight
:ultlink:: Dark Link
:ultmario:: Metal Mario
:ultganondorf:: Demise
:ultfalcon:: Blood Falcon
:ultlittlemac:: Urban Champion
:ultcloud:: Zack Fair
:ultrosalina:: Gardevoir?????? maybe this sounds the craziest but a stronger version of Rosalina that doesnt rely on Luma could kinda fit Gardevoir maybe share some moves with Zelda as well

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
The issue isn't necessarily that Zoroark didn't have the same things as Lucario. The issue is the claim that most of Lucario's popularity comes from Smash, which is clearly not true. Lucario was by far the most popular Sinnoh Pokémon long before Brawl came out.

If anything, I'd argue that Lucario is far, far more popular among the Pokémon fanbase than the Smash fanbase, especially in the Brawl era where Lucario got a ton of flack for seemingly replacing Mewtwo (which wasn't the case, but you know how this fanbase can be lol). Even nowadays, while Lucario is now a Smash mainstay, he kind of gets overlooked by a lot of the playerbase. Meanwhile for Pokémon, he's still incredibly popular, even managing to still be beat out the other Sinnohan juggernaut of popularity, Garchomp, on the big 2020 popularity poll and claim the spot of the single most popular Sinnoh Pokémon.
The claim was never "most of the popularity came from Smash". It was that "Smash allowed the opportunity for it to be used more and by proxy gain more popularity." I'm not saying Smash fans like Lucario, I'm saying Smash Bros. helped make Lucario more of a household name.

By the time they started Brawl's development Lucario had only appeared in the film, it'd still be a year until Gen 4 actually came out. So they only had the movie to go off on for the character's reception, making the points on it's popularity in the game and meta just a coincidence in Ivander's points.

Me saying Lucario wouldn't be as popular if it wasn't in Smash may just be speculation, but it makes sense.
I shouldn't have to tell you that the Ice Climbers really only have any fans these days because of their continued appearances in Smash titles. Or that Kid Icarus: Uprising may not have been made had Sakurai and his team decided to stick to a pure retro approach for Pit's inclusion in Brawl.
It should not be surprising that when a character shows up in a game that sells 13.32 Million Units, they tend to become well known by general consumers and well suited for marketing and advertising. Thus allowing them to gain new fans because they keep getting used for stuff.

I mean Lucario is pretty cool, but I really do find it hard to believe Lucario would be near the same level it is today without that playable Brawl appearance.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
Not to bring the conversation back towards Fire Emblem again, but

every time someone says Black Knight could be an Ike echo, an angel loses their wings

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
The claim was never "most of the popularity came from Smash". It was that "Smash allowed the opportunity for it to be used more and by proxy gain more popularity." I'm not saying Smash fans like Lucario, I'm saying Smash Bros. helped make Lucario more of a household name.

By the time they started Brawl's development Lucario had only appeared in the film, it'd still be a year until Gen 4 actually came out. So they only had the movie to go off on for the character's reception, making the points on it's popularity in the game and meta just a coincidence in Ivander's points.

Me saying Lucario wouldn't be as popular if it wasn't in Smash may just be speculation, but it makes sense.
I shouldn't have to tell you that the Ice Climbers really only have any fans these days because of their continued appearances in Smash titles. Or that Kid Icarus: Uprising may not have been made had Sakurai and his team decided to stick to a pure retro approach for Pit's inclusion in Brawl.
It should not be surprising that when a character shows up in a game that sells 13.32 Million Units, they tend to become well known by general consumers and well suited for marketing and advertising. Thus allowing them to gain new fans because they keep getting used for stuff.

I mean Lucario is pretty cool, but I really do find it hard to believe Lucario would be near the same level it is today without that playable Brawl appearance.
There's something to be said about the so-called 'Smash Effect',, but I do think you're overstating its influence.

Not every character that appears in Smash has enjoyed a huge boost in popularity. In the aforementioned PotY poll Opossum mentioned while Lucario was 2nd in the poll overall, Incineroar, Squirtle, Pichu, Jigglypuff, and Ivysaur didn't make Top 30. Of those Squirtle missed To 10 of Kanto, Pichu barely made Top 20 of its region and Ivysaur and Jigglypuff didn't even make Top 30 of their respective regions. If the Smash boost was a universal bump those Pokemon should at least be Top 10 of their respective regions, but they fell short of the mark and two of them in particular had no showing at all. To go outside of the series we have Corrin, who traditionally has the male version do abysmally for a Lord, almost regularly missing Top 20 males and only consistently beating one other Lord (Lief), who has their own woes.

While Smash may've helped, it's at best only a part of the reason. A fair chunk of Pokemon in Smash like Lucario have had weaker presence in marketing and popularity then him, so it can't be the only reason he has stood the test of time. In the end he has left a very strong impression on the fanbase that has made him not only the Top of all Sinnoh Pokemon, but among the top of all Pokemon period, and I'm certain that if Smash wasn't even a factor he'd still be a very prominent face in the franchise. At least to the level of those like Garchomp or Gengar who themselves are prominent.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I’ve got an unconventional idea for a Xenoblade character that I don’t really expect them to go with but I think it would be really cool: Noah and Mio in permanent Ouroboros mode. They’d have to be scaled down a bit, still being the tallest character, somewhere between Ganondorf’s and Ridley’s height when he stand for his taunt. Basically make them as tall as physically possible without screwing up anything gameplay wise, which might only end up being slightly taller than Ganondorf. It isn’t 100% accurate to the mechanics of the game since the Ouroboros would likely function as more of a final smash but there are a few reasons why I think this approac

My reasoning is partly that we just had a transform style character for Xenoblade with Pyra and Mythra so doing the same for Noah and Mio might be redundant. Secondly, from the eight hours I’ve played so far in Xenoblade 3, Noah plays extremely similarly to Shulk so I’m not sure he’d be interesting enough. I also wouldn’t want to invalidate Shulk by making Noah very similar to him while having a whole other character to transform into. Alternatively, we could just get Mio solo and that’s also a good option but not quite as interesting as their combined Ouroboros form.

Finally, the Ouroboros form is just really cool and unique looking. It would be a ton of fun to play as a massive futuristic mech looking design while also representing both main characters in a unique way that wasn’t just another transform character.

1659412605628.png

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I’ve got an unconventional idea for a Xenoblade character that I don’t really expect them to go with but I think it would be really cool: Noah and Mio in permanent Ouroboros mode. They’d have to be scaled down a bit, still being the tallest character, somewhere between Ganondorf’s and Ridley’s height when he stand for his taunt. Basically make them as tall as physically possible without screwing up anything gameplay wise, which might only end up being slightly taller than Ganondorf. It isn’t 100% accurate to the mechanics of the game since the Ouroboros would likely function as more of a final smash but there are a few reasons why I think this approac

My reasoning is partly that we just had a transform style character for Xenoblade with Pyra and Mythra so doing the same for Noah and Mio might be redundant. Secondly, from the eight hours I’ve played so far in Xenoblade 3, Noah plays extremely similarly to Shulk so I’m not sure he’d be interesting enough. I also wouldn’t want to invalidate Shulk by making Noah very similar to him while having a whole other character to transform into. Alternatively, we could just get Mio solo and that’s also a good option but not quite as interesting as their combined Ouroboros form.

Finally, the Ouroboros form is just really cool and unique looking. It would be a ton of fun to play as a massive futuristic mech looking design while also representing both main characters in a unique way that wasn’t just another transform character.
Tell me, how is Xenoblade 3? I've been meaning to get it, still need to finish Three Hopes yet (at least the Scarlet Blaze route) but I plan on getting it after. I read good things about it, but I wanna know how it compares to XB1 and XB2 specifically.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Tell me, how is Xenoblade 3? I've been meaning to get it, still need to finish Three Hopes yet (at least the Scarlet Blaze route) but I plan on getting it after. I read good things about it, but I wanna know how it compares to XB1 and XB2 specifically.
I'm only about 8-9 hours in but I'm loving it so far. I'm someone that personally strongly preferred Xenoblade 1 over Xenoblade 2 even though I enjoyed things about both games. I feel like this game is taking the best elements of both games and making the exact type of experience I was looking for after Xenoblade 1. In a way, I'm getting the same feeling I did from playing Three Houses after the disappointment I had playing Fates. Like Xenoblade 2, I still really enjoyed the gameplay and music of Fates but there were things about the game I wasn't into. Both Xenoblade 3 and Three Houses seem to have taken those steps to turn things in a direction that suits my preferences. I don't want to say "fixed" since I know Fates and Xenoblade 2 have their fans too. I was still having enough fun with Xenoblade to keep buying the games but I was worried it had fallen out of contention of being considered among my favorites. I could never really get into the open world mission based aspect of X and the art style and tone of Xenoblade 2 isn't really my personal taste, not to say anything bad about others who like it.

Beyond just the stylistic changes, Xenoblade 3 seems to have streamlined the combat and it is easier to understand than Xenoblade 2 so far. It looks like you can also view the tutorials at any time, which was a huge issue with Xenoblade 2. I am only towards the beginning of the game so we'll see how complicated things get but I'm really enjoying my experience with it.

As far as Three Hopes, I think I'm almost done with Edelgarde's route. I believe I'm on the final chapter. I haven't started Dimitri's or Claude's. I fear that the same thing is going to happen with that game as it did with Three Houses. I really love the game but the routes are just so long that I don't know if I have enough time to play through every single route when I have so many other games to play. The plus about Hopes over Houses is that I don't have to keep repeating the academy section. That gets extremely repetitive in multiple playthroughs since I don't think there are really any changes until after the time skip. Three Hopes just speeds right through that part and gets right into the unique part of the game so I feel like each route would feel a lot different the whole way through. Still, playing three 60+ hour routes is a lot. Not quite as much as Three House's 100+ routes at least.

The last several years, I've had a bad habit of never finishing a lot of games I buy, especially long RPGs, which is a shame because they are my favorite genre. I'm still nowhere near beating Bravely Default 2 or Triangle Strategy. I just bought World of Final Fantasy on sale and I'll probably never finish that game if I'm honest. I really wanted to buy Shin Megami Tensei IV but I just don't think I have the time to play so many of these really long RPGs so I guess I just have to be more selective with what I play. Either that or wait until a lot of them go on sale so I don't spend $60 on games I'll likely never have time to finish.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
With all of the 3rd-party series that got one or more fighters in Ultimate, it is an absolute CRIME that Sonic does not have a second fighter.
Sonic should've gotten a second character, echo or otherwise, in either of the FPs. That said, I'm also glad that Sonic doesn't get any special treatment as the one perfect -attendance 3rd party.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
with all the new gimmick that was introduced in the DLC fighters i am wondering when will ever have a shapeshifter fighter? with that being said smash crusade do already have a shapeshifter fighter like Shantae
keep in mind a shapeshifter should be able to change its stats and change its appearance between moves and stay in that form until another specific move is used
there are some shapeshifter characters i do want in smash and they are pretty much can have this type of playstyle
Smithy (SMRPG) being both gun and hammer fighter is already very unique thing to have but he offers shapeshifting as well with stat and moveset changes
Princess Shokora (Wario Land)
She can be a combination of :ultgnw::ultpeach::ultwario: and much more
Deoxys

Rotom could switch from ghost attacks to flying or ice or fire or grass or water attacks and keep changing forms that could his hitbox and stats

Hakkun (Sutte Hakkun)
He can change forms and change his weight from light to heavy depending on how much color sucked from other fighters and change his form as well to become more defensive

However i still think Ditto is the most likely option to become playable in smash when it comes to shapeshifter fighter as its probably way more simple and more recognizable

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It's borderline hentai, that's quite different from XB1, even if the rest of the graphic styles seem to match. Am sure that's what he meant.
we were comparing 2 and 3 what's 1 got to do with it?

he was saying that the "tone and style" was significantly different between them and i was saying it wasn't as wide

Last edited:
Top Bottom