• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So there's a rumor that BOTW will be ported to the Switch 2 with all the DLC. Maybe Ultimate will ported too but with a Deluxe treatment with new stuff?
A BotW port only really makes sense if the Switch 2 uses an entirely different shop, making crossbuy impossible, and/or lacks backwards compatibility.

Either way, these do not grant me confidence in the Switch 2 if that rumor is true.

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Pauline and Funky Kong: Exist
You: Humiliated
Few exceptions does not a rule make.

Besides, they put Pauline in everything and treat her like singing is her entire personality.

It's like Break Free / Lead the Way never even happened. If you're just gonna focus on her singing, at least reference the only other track she's been a part of.

Ivander

Smash Legend
If he was tuned so that you could choose when to pull out the Levin sword (durability and all), he would be a lot more tolerable for me, but right now it feels like he punishes you for just playing the game.
You can though for the most part. Jabs and tilts will always be Bronze Sword, Smash attacks will always be Levin Sword if you have it and Air attacks is where it gets tricky, but you can control it.
  1. When you have your Levin Sword out, any Air attack you use will always use the Levin Sword.
  2. When you have your Bronze Sword out, any Air attack you use will use the Bronze Sword, but smashing in a direction and pressing the A button around the same time will treat your Air attack like you are doing a Smash attack in the air and bring out the Levin Sword. You need to be tilting the control stick for a couple milliseconds before pressing A to use the Bronze sword.
  3. You can do a couple things to avoid using your Levin Sword for Air attacks. First off, if your Bronze Sword is out, Neutral Air will always be your Bronze Sword. Neutral Air will never force the Levin Sword out, as long as you have your Bronze Sword out beforehand.
    For your other Air attacks, your first option is to tilt in the direction you want to attack in the air before jumping and pressing A. Like if you are moving forward and are about to short-hop Forward Air, keep tilting forward before and during your Jump. Forward Air and Down Air are very consistent and allow you to keep your Bronze Sword during shorthops Forward Airs or Down Airs.
    The main issue is with Up-Air and Back Air. For some reason, even if you are tilting up beforehand, trying to do a quick short-hop Up-Air with Bronze Sword always forces the Levin Sword. Back-Air Bronze-Sword is hard to do without smashing back because Robin doesn't work like the Fighting game characters and trying to do a backhop into Back-air forces you to face in the direction you try to backhop into.
    Which is where Option two comes. Tilting in a direction for around half a second while in the air will always result in Bronze Sword for all directions. As long as you don't smash the control stick to do an air attack, you will not use the Levin Sword.
    So you can't short-hop Up-Air or Back-Air sadly, but you can short-hop Forward Air and Down Air without much issue.
A BotW port only really makes sense if the Switch 2 uses an entirely different shop, making crossbuy impossible, and/or lacks backwards compatibility.

Either way, these do not grant me confidence in the Switch 2 if that rumor is true.
I think this is supposed to be in response to the rumors that when they showcased the Switch 2, the demo they used was Breath of the Wild, but it was running in 4K and 60FPS on the new system. Which can either lead to Switch 2 being able to enhance Switch 1 games or Breath of the Wild getting a port that runs in 4K and 60FPS. But there is that other rumor by PapaGenos that has been going around that there may be a Zelda game where you play as Zelda as the main character, which can either be it's own game or a new mode for Breath of the Wild kinda like Bowser's Fury.

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Regarding BotW, I'm burnt out on its style and am just ready for something new. I don't want the next game to even remotely be like BotW in visuals, I want the level of difference to be as drastic the jump from Majora to Wind Waker or from Wind Waker to Twilight Princess. I love seeing the art styles they come up with between games.

....and, a little linearity couldn't hurt after two mega-open world games. Variety is the spice of life and Zelda can bring a lot of it... I hope that recent Aonuma thing was a mistranslation.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Regarding BotW, I'm burnt out on its style and am just ready for something new. I don't want the next game to even remotely be like BotW in visuals, I want the level of difference to be as drastic the jump from Majora to Wind Waker or from Wind Waker to Twilight Princess. I love seeing the art styles they come up with between games.

....and, a little linearity couldn't hurt after two mega-open world games. Variety is the spice of life and Zelda can bring a lot of it... I hope that recent Aonuma thing was a mistranslation.
As someone who loves the "**** around and find out" style BotW and TotK had, I do think there can be a compromise in that we could have one open-world Zelda and one traditional Zelda per system. Try to please both crowds, y'know?

Bringing back classic dungeons for the former would still be appreciated though. Dungeon design has taken such a massive hit and while TotK made a decent attempt, I still never got that classic dungeon itch scratched from either game.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I think a lot of the late Switch-era predictions that are just important characters from releases in ongoing franchises (e.g. Rauru, Raven Beak, Oatchi, etc.) will age poorly.
I agree with this 1000% on principle, but out of these I'm still side-eyeing Oatchi a bit. He's been kind of a breakout star and marketing powerhouse for the series placed alongside its titular characters - like seriously, he's popping up on Lunchables and Capri-Sun boxes. Strange but true.

1715649136954.png

With how central of a focus he's been, how well received he's been and generally the way Pikmin is driven by its cutesy mascot characters I think there's an opportunity for Oatchi being somewhat of a special case. It seems likely that he, or at least the idea of an Oatchi-like companion, may stick around for future installments. But alternatively, and perhaps more likely, he'd be a serviceable Assist Trophy.

Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and Xenoblade are the exceptions to this rule due to falling under the aforementioned revolving-door clause, but I have a lot of doubts about the latter two series getting entries. Xenoblade 3 and Fire Emblem Engage were both less successful than Xenoblade 2 and Three Houses, both of which already have characters on the roster that have proven to have popular Smash movesets. I think Sakurai will just bring the Aegis and Byleth back again and focus his efforts on ideas that are more evergreen.

To the extent we see Switch-era reps, I think they'll mostly consist of characters from new franchises (Ring Fit Adventurer, Officer Howard, etc.) or characters that were established as major players in their series but became more relevant and popular on the Switch (Bandana Waddle Dee, Tom Nook, Octoling, etc.).
Otherwise this is completely spot on, and is the comfort zone I'm generally trying to keep in mind as well. This is how Smash has always done it. Honestly, up until recently, it was even pretty rare to get a character from a contemporary series with less than two installments to its name but Shulk and Min-Min have kind of contested that. Not sure what to make of Astral Chain but I'm pretty sure Ring Fit will be a fortunate case... does put into perspective how the Switch era focused more on building its existing IPs up rather than introducing a bunch of new ones, so I think the newcomers will probably reflect that.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Not gonna lie, I completely forgot Astral Chain back when we had this little game of thinking of 12 newcomers.
Astral Chain is one of those things that felt like a no-brainer for next time back when Ultimate was winding down, and Nintendo apparently adopted the series for full first party ownership. But without a sequel in sight, and the game being something of a soft-spoken success, it is emitting the strongest Isaac, Saki, Dillon etc vibes ever. Notable and cool enough for a flashy Assist Trophy, but just falling short of playability for one reason or another.

That's where I stand on it, at least. Maybe Officer Howard has a decent chance at sliding in there, but I don't know if the timing has been in their favor and I'm not sure the game was enough of a breakout success to demand that attention (unlike say, Ring Fit Adventure).

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I have no idea why they’d just port Breath of the Wild, especially if the system is backwards compatible.
Yeah. The Wii U ports, whether you like their existence or not, are at least justified by the Switch's lack of disk drive.

You can even make a case for the New Play Control series in the Wii days because they at least played into the motion controls that the GameCube didn't have, making them also a bit justified.

If the Switch 2 is backwards compatible and yet BotW still gets a Switch 2 port, I am not sure what the point is unless there is a radically different way to play video games with it that the first Switch is simply physically incapable of doing.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I have no idea why they’d just port Breath of the Wild, especially if the system is backwards compatible.
I'd be more convinced if it was a remake, but given how long it took for the original BotW and then TotK to come out, it feels like not enough time has passed for a BotW remake to be a Switch 2 launch title.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah. The Wii U ports, whether you like their existence or not, are at least justified by the Switch's lack of disk drive.

You can even make a case for the New Play Control series in the Wii days because they at least played into the motion controls that the GameCube didn't have, making them also a bit justified.

If the Switch 2 is backwards compatible and yet BotW still gets a Switch 2 port, I am not sure what the point is unless there is a radically different way to play video games with it that the first Switch is simply physically incapable of doing.
I'd be more convinced if it was a remake, but given how long it took for the original BotW and then TotK to come out, it feels like not enough time has passed for a BotW remake to be a Switch 2 launch title.
I think maybe they were using an upscale BOTW to test some Switch 2 features, some insiders saw that and wires got crossed. Something like that.

I dunno I’m just theorizing :drshrug:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I think maybe they were using an upscale BOTW to test some Switch 2 features, some insiders saw that and wires got crossed. Something like that.

I dunno I’m just theorizing :drshrug:
That would probably make a lot more sense, honestly.

Because even if they were cooking an enhanced BotW port, this is just the weirdest idea on so many fronts unless the Switch 2 truly lacks backwards compatibility. Mainly for the pricing because no matter how they handle the pricing, the Switch version will always be the better deal.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I agree with this 1000% on principle, but out of these I'm still side-eyeing Oatchi a bit. He's been kind of a breakout star and marketing powerhouse for the series placed alongside its titular characters - like seriously, he's popping up on Lunchables and Capri-Sun boxes. Strange but true.

View attachment 389269
I still think he can work, since he's a playable character and is able to fight for himself instead of commanding the Pikmin to fight for him.

So i think there's some unique stuff there to make a moveset for him, alongside him using the Pikmin types that Olimar and Alph dont use.

Bowsers inside story be like:

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Robin is in a weird place.

Awakening is far and away one of the most popular and important games in the Fire Emblem franchise. It should have a character.

But the face of the game is Chrom, not Robin. But Robin is vastly more unique for Smash.

What's more important? Having the unique character for the game? Or keeping an echo, and echo who is a clone of a character who is already on the chopping block? Is Lucina enough to carry the game on her own?

Personally, I'd keep Robin around regardless of what happens to the roster. He's fun and unique among the Fire Emblem crew, both visually and gameplay wise
Between Robin, Min Min, and Pyra, I think Sakurai's general mindset is to consider the most important characters of a game and choose the one who works best overall. Chrom's clearly the face of Awakening, but Robin's the one commanding the army, is the player's custom-made character, nets a game over if they die, and hijacks the plot at the very end. Spring Man's front-and-center for ARMS' advertising, but the director of the game says it's an ensemble cast, so anyone works. Rex is the main character, but there's a big emphasis on the Blade/Driver teams, and Pyra and Mythra are the ones driving the actual plot (And they try their best to let Rex show up as much as possible).

Obviously this doesn't mean we'd get, say, Silver instead of Sonic because Sakurai thinks the telekenesis has more potential than being a ball and running around quickly; Sonic is unambiguously the main character across 90% of his franchise and is easily the most recognizeable character. But if there's multiple characters who could be considered the main character, I think Sakurai will consider who could be implemented the best out of all of them, rather than trying to find the most major character.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
And, yeah, Robin. At the time I was flabbergasted it wasn't Chrom but now I think Robin is actually the best representative for Awakening. He's a funky character to play for me specifically but I think he adds a lot to the game and should stick around.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Robin got in over Chrom overall due to having a better moveset option. Chrom eventually got into Ultimate due to being similar enough to the current Roy's fighting style in terms of animations, becoming his Echo.

Min Min was specifically requested by ARMS' creator and Nintendo.

Pythra is, once again, requested by Nintendo.

He didn't really "choose the best one" for the latter two, it's more that he considered if they work when they were requested(there's no list, after all). Also, no characters were denied among the Pass for moveset reasons, soooooooo. Now, it is possible Sakurai considered an ARMS character with specific reasons for base game(ones we wouldn't know), same with Rex(it's unclear what his thoughts on Pythra were as well).

These are really nice character attributes, but they really don't apply in these situations. Some are chosen just for their merits, yes. But this isn't always the same case. Or sometimes they just exist, like Daisy, with no explanation(she's the only Echo who isn't given a specific reasoning for inclusion, while also being the least unique one. I guess her reasoning could've simply been "we need a face"). Not that mascots always get in either way. Spring Man nor Ribbon Girl are the playable ones, the mascots of ARMS, for instance. It's actually variable overall.

TheQuester

Smash Journeyman
On the Nintendo side of things, this is as fairly extensive a list as I can come up with. This is not at all a statement of likelihood, but just a list of characters who debuted for each series since January 1, 2020.

Super Mario: Prince Florian, Talking Flower, Olivia, Bobby the Bob-omb, King Olly
Legend of Zelda: Age of Calamity version of Impa, Tears of the Kingdom version of Rauru and Ganondorf
Metroid: Raven Beak, EMMIs
Kirby: Elfilin, Leongar, Clawroline, Fecto Forgo
Pokémon: Any Pokémon or human character who debuted in the Isle of Armor or later (some standouts(?) include Urshifu, Calyrex, the Hisuian versions of Decidueye, Typhlosion, and Samurott, Hisuian Zoroark, Ursaluna, Meowscarada, Skeledirge, Quaquaval, Tinkaton, Armarouge, Ceruledge, Gholdengo, Koraidon, Miraidon, Ogerpon, Terapagos, and Pecharunt)
Fire Emblem: Any character that debuted in the 2020 portion of Heroes Book 4 or later (notably Reginn, Ash, Seiðr, and Ratatoskr), any character in the Cindered Shadows expansion for Three Houses (Yuri, Constance, Hapi, Balthus, and Aelfric), any characters who debuted in Three Hopes (Shez, Arval, our first physical depiction of Holst, Shahid, etc), any characters from Engage (notably Alear, Veyle, Alfred, Céline, Diamant, Alcryst, Ivy, Hortensia, Timerra, and Fogado)
Pikmin: Oatchi, Moss, Shepherd, Collin, Russ, Dingo, Yonny, Bernard, Pikmin 4 Protagonist
Animal Crossing: Wilbur, Orville, C.J., Flick, Wardell, Niko, Daisy Mae, Captain Gullivarrr, Raymond
Xenoblade Chronicles: Any character who debuted in either Future Connected (Kino, Nene), Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Noah, Mio, Eunie, Lanz, Sena, Taion), or Future Redeemed (Matthew, A, Nikol, Glimmer, the older versions of Shulk and Rex, etc)
Splatoon: Shiver, Frye, Big Man, Smallfry
Wii Sports: ...Sportsmates

Other: Horace Showpony (Everybody 1-2 Switch)

The New 20s have been slow for characters from non-Smash IP.

For third parties the list is significantly more extensive.
I think there hasnt been a new nintendo IP in the 2020s yet, i wonder if they're saving them for the switch 2 or they decided to take a break from them?
Also, i wonder if they could actually add Horace or would the mask give right issues?

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Between Robin, Min Min, and Pyra, I think Sakurai's general mindset is to consider the most important characters of a game and choose the one who works best overall. Chrom's clearly the face of Awakening, but Robin's the one commanding the army, is the player's custom-made character, nets a game over if they die, and hijacks the plot at the very end. Spring Man's front-and-center for ARMS' advertising, but the director of the game says it's an ensemble cast, so anyone works. Rex is the main character, but there's a big emphasis on the Blade/Driver teams, and Pyra and Mythra are the ones driving the actual plot (And they try their best to let Rex show up as much as possible).

Obviously this doesn't mean we'd get, say, Silver instead of Sonic because Sakurai thinks the telekenesis has more potential than being a ball and running around quickly; Sonic is unambiguously the main character across 90% of his franchise and is easily the most recognizeable character. But if there's multiple characters who could be considered the main character, I think Sakurai will consider who could be implemented the best out of all of them, rather than trying to find the most major character.
I think this is half the reason why people are thinking solo Mio instead of Noah. As it stands, Xenoblade Chronicles protagonists are going to start falling into the same issues as Fire Emblem protagonists with them all being a greatsword wielder, and while Shulk =/= Aegis =/= Noah, they still wield the same weapon type, and would all be takes on the swordfighter (even if Mythra's take was "what if she was a brawler instead?"). Mio does not have this problem, being an agile character wielding twin rings.

That's not to say Noah can't stand out. Sakurai could easily surprise everyone by going "the whole drawing Lucky 7 thing inspired me to use him as an excuse to make him an Iaido stance character". But even then Smash fans are simple, and Mio is the more appealing one to the majority.

Robin got in over Chrom overall due to having a better moveset option. Chrom eventually got into Ultimate due to being similar enough to the current Roy's fighting style in terms of animations, becoming his Echo.

Min Min was specifically requested by ARMS' creator and Nintendo.

Pythra is, once again, requested by Nintendo.

He didn't really "choose the best one" for the latter two, it's more that he considered if they work when they were requested(there's no list, after all). Also, no characters were denied among the Pass for moveset reasons, soooooooo. Now, it is possible Sakurai considered an ARMS character with specific reasons for base game(ones we wouldn't know), same with Rex(it's unclear what his thoughts on Pythra were as well).

These are really nice character attributes, but they really don't apply in these situations. Some are chosen just for their merits, yes. But this isn't always the same case. Or sometimes they just exist, like Daisy, with no explanation(she's the only Echo who isn't given a specific reasoning for inclusion, while also being the least unique one. I guess her reasoning could've simply been "we need a face"). Not that mascots always get in either way. Spring Man nor Ribbon Girl are the playable ones, the mascots of ARMS, for instance. It's actually variable overall.
Well, technically Rex was passed up on, but they took a good look at adding him before deciding to shift focus.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I think there hasnt been a new nintendo IP in the 2020s yet, i wonder if they're saving them for the switch 2 or they decided to take a break from them?

All joking aside, there has been two new IPs that came on the latter half of 2019, being Ring Fit and Astral Chain. I think those can be considered close enough.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, technically Rex was passed up on, but they took a good look at adding him before deciding to shift focus.
Right, but it was two different situations. He was considered way back during base, and was considered as part of Pythra separately when Nintendo requested the characters.

I'm a bit tired, so I might be saying something odd or redundant. It's been some rough weeks. X.X

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Right, but it was two different situations. He was considered way back during base, and was considered as part of Pythra separately when Nintendo requested the characters.

I'm a bit tired, so I might be saying something odd or redundant. It's been some rough weeks. X.X
He wasn't considered for base game because the timing didn't allow Sakurai to even think of him for base game.

He did talk about how Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and ARMS both had timing issues against them though.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He wasn't considered for base game because the timing didn't allow Sakurai to even think of him for base game.

He did talk about how Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and ARMS both had timing issues against then though.
That's what I meant by considered. But my bad nonetheless. X.X

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
As someone who wants Funky to be a mostly unique character, this mod showing a unique Funky in action feels very vindicating.

Look at him go!! Love all the different ways the surfboard is incorporated. And the best part is... he stands upright!!

He's even got the boot launcher and barrel plane (which does have an albeit awkward inclusion, but it's a mod so it gets a pass). This is basically everything I could want from a playable Funky and more.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I think this is half the reason why people are thinking solo Mio instead of Noah. As it stands, Xenoblade Chronicles protagonists are going to start falling into the same issues as Fire Emblem protagonists with them all being a greatsword wielder, and while Shulk =/= Aegis =/= Noah, they still wield the same weapon type, and would all be takes on the swordfighter (even if Mythra's take was "what if she was a brawler instead?"). Mio does not have this problem, being an agile character wielding twin rings.

That's not to say Noah can't stand out. Sakurai could easily surprise everyone by going "the whole drawing Lucky 7 thing inspired me to use him as an excuse to make him an Iaido stance character". But even then Smash fans are simple, and Mio is the more appealing one to the majority.

From what I can gather, being able to switch classes and weapons is a big part of XC3, so I thought you could pull an Echo situation where the main difference is the moveset they start with. On the other hand, I also know Noah has a unique move where he unsheaths his sword - The metaphorical "Xenoblade" - And temporarily gains a unique moveset, which no other character does, so that might throw a wrench in the plan. And I don't think they fight in pairs like in XC2, either.

Then again, Sakurai did go with Robin over Chrom, even though Chrom is clearly the main character for like 80% of the game, so if Mio's at least the secondary protagonist I could see her having a shot. It's also possible they could relegate Noah's Lucky Seven move(s) to a Final Smash and give Mio a different Final Smash. Wouldn't be one-to-one with how it works in the original game, but Smash has taken liberties before so it's not out of the question entirely.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
From what I can gather, being able to switch classes and weapons is a big part of XC3, so I thought you could pull an Echo situation where the main difference is the moveset they start with. On the other hand, I also know Noah has a unique move where he unsheaths his sword - The metaphorical "Xenoblade" - And temporarily gains a unique moveset, which no other character does, so that might throw a wrench in the plan. And I don't think they fight in pairs like in XC2, either.

Then again, Sakurai did go with Robin over Chrom, even though Chrom is clearly the main character for like 80% of the game, so if Mio's at least the secondary protagonist I could see her having a shot. It's also possible they could relegate Noah's Lucky Seven move(s) to a Final Smash and give Mio a different Final Smash. Wouldn't be one-to-one with how it works in the original game, but Smash has taken liberties before so it's not out of the question entirely.
The way it works is that classes are divided into two groups: Agnus and Keves. Any character can be any class, and each class can add most arts from the opposing side's classes to their move pool. For example, Mio is from Agnus, and Noah is from Keves, so using their base classes, they can add arts from the other's class, which gives Mio higher damaging moves, and Noah more support based moves.

A 1-1 recreation would probably be less of a full move set swap, but the ability to change your special set, giving you different options with your base move set. A full move set swap mechanic wouldn't be weird though. The main problem is that in order to make doing this make sense I feel like you'd have to add both Noah and Mio, which I'm kinda skeptical of them doing. I'd love it, but I don't think it'll happen.

You might be able to use the idea to fuse both classes into one play style, but I dunno about that. It could work quite well, but it could also be a total disaster, and I don't think that'd be worth adding both characters.

Scrimblo Bimblo

Smash Journeyman
So there's a rumor that BOTW will be ported to the Switch 2 with all the DLC. Maybe Ultimate will ported too but with a Deluxe treatment with new stuff?
That would be a lot more exciting than Breath of the Wild for the third time (it was also on Wii U). I get it's THE Nintendo game of the last 15 years, but at this point most people who wanted to play it have played it. At least with Smash you can always just expand.

About Robin, I don't want to spoil the party but I just... don't like him much, which is weird because I usually like zoners. He's probably the Fire Emblem character I'd miss the least. He feels really one-note to me. Spam Arcfire, combo with a stronk Levin sword aerial if you hit, repeat. Even his aerials aside from n-air all basically do the same thing just in a different direction.
I'm sure he actually has more stuff than that, and Nosferatu is a neat move, but overall he doesn't feel like much of a tactician to me (that would be more characters like Pac-man) and the MP mechanic is done so much better by Hero. To me he ends up feeling more like anime Ness but not nearly as fun.
Also, just tossing a book at you being the strongest thing in his kit was really dumb lol, thankfully Ultimate fixed that.

Not that I hate him or anything, but yeah in spite of everything he feels somewhat uninspired to me.
Corrin's moveset is much better put together in my opinion, even if it's less immediately unique. A lot of his A moves are weird and interesting, from the side smash's chainsaw effect to the back aerial propelling you forward that much, and his side B is really unique but not in a way that the entire moveset becomes about that.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So what are your thoughts on Robin as a Smash character? Should they be a character? Should their moveset change? Is the portrayal accurate?
i think robin is a very boring character and all the unique movesets in the game can't fix that. feels like i'm fighting a block of wood with an anime wig glued to the top.

Top Bottom