• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEXT WEST SAN JOSE TOURNEY - Cancelled as of now

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
you should jus put the list of people on the first post instead of making a new post everytime someone says they're interested =)
Yes, good idea except Andrew has the original post so I need to tell him to do this. :)

Also Andrew, you need to indicate next to your cell phone number that you do not have cell phone texting so people don't text you. Well you once told me your cell phone doesn't have cell phone texting so if you just recently got cell phone texting than disregard this. :)

Andrew, when you have a chance, I think you should update your first post in this thread with something like this:
(Sorry for sounding annoying but we need to make a first good impression to establish your reputation as a top tournament director. :)

Stage Striking: Redwood Counter Pick System

1. Blind Picks character selection.
2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.

Other than this, this tournament is good to go. :)

joeplicate

Smash Master
i'll go to this

(unless i have a final paper due monday, which i don't think i do, and i might go anyways in that case)

count me in

pockyD

Smash Legend
if i go i can bring a setup

lucien if you can't find another ride, you can bart here and i can take you; that's like an extra 45 mins of travel time though

Suctrya

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know any good places to eat near the venue? :confused:
well, for starters, there's a subway right behind the venue. There's also some Chinese food place. Other places, u get to by car, if you drive down miller toward Stevens Creek, there's lots of food places there. Lots of food places on De Anza Blvd, including Chipotle, McDonalds, Carls Jr, Burger King, etc.

shehehe11

Smash Apprentice
theres a subway and a cicero's pizza right behind the venue (and a safeway.) these are like 1 min driving distance from the venue.

at the westgate shopping district (less than 5 min drive), theres a round table pizza, quiznos, mcdonalds, togos, and a chipotle.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
well, for starters, there's a subway right behind the venue. There's also some Chinese food place. Other places, u get to by car, if you drive down miller toward Stevens Creek, there's lots of food places there. Lots of food places on De Anza Blvd, including Chipotle, McDonalds, Carls Jr, Burger King, etc.
theres a subway and a cicero's pizza right behind the venue (and a safeway.) these are like 1 min driving distance from the venue.

at the westgate shopping district (less than 5 min drive), theres a round table pizza, quiznos, mcdonalds, togos, and a chipotle.
Thanks for your information. :)

DarrellD

Smash Ace
Im going and ill bring a TV, cube, melee disc, shoes and button up. Who wants to team =]

joeplicate

Smash Master
so me and sheridan are gonna go to this

along with my super cool roommate eric (who will probably not enter)
then we might hit up a SUSHI BUFFET afterwards

Naota21t

Smash Champion
so me and sheridan are gonna go to this

along with my super cool roommate eric (who will probably not enter)
then we might hit up a SUSHI BUFFET afterwards
sushi buffet?!

joe. last weekend i heard a rumor that you were able to conquer a burritozilla from iguanas.

is this true?

joeplicate

Smash Master
you mean his **** slapz

and yeah, i ate the burritozilla
it was EZ

three burritos from chipotle is more of a challenge
(i don't each as much anymore tho)

pockyD

Smash Legend
i actually did 3 chipotles pretty easily and had major trouble with the burritozilla (i only like 60% through)

maybe i was intimidated

it was really annoying to hold and eat

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Just because I feel like updating, wanting to keep track of how many people will attend future SJ Melee tournaments, and Andrew hasn't updated the first post yet:

Setups

TVs
1. Brandon
2. Shroomed
3. SFAT
4. DarrellD

Gamecubes/Wiis
1. shehehe11
2. Brandon
3. edgewalker324
4. Shroomed
5. SFAT
6. DarrellD

Power strips
1. shehehe11
2. Brandon
3. Suctrya
4. SFAT

People who are interested in future West San Jose Biweeklies / Triweeklies / Monthlies:
ZodiakLucien
joeplicate
HyugaRicdeau
SFAT
Shroomed
HMW
PHIL07
DarrellD

Nekurbis86
killer_tofu
Brandon
Suctrya