• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U NFC Will Be Used In Super Smash Bros Wii U

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
As long as it's optional, I won't mind. I don't want to have to buy every revealed character, including vets, just to play as them, that's stupid. If I have to buy Greninja, I will be pissed.

D

Deleted member

I've despised this concept ever since Skylanders did it. To see this be in Smash Bros. just makes me cringe.

D

Deleted member

It wouldn't be so bad if it were things like extra skins.
Hopefully thats how it goes. However, stages and full-fledged characters are a no-no.

Last edited by a moderator:

Canuckduck

Smash Ace

I've despised this concept ever since Skylanders did it. To see this be in Smash Bros. just makes me cringe.
I see NFC as exactly it is: a cash grabbing move designed by game companies (*cough* HACKTIVISION *cough*) to empty the wallets of desperate parents.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I see NFC as exactly it is: a cash grabbing move designed by game companies (*cough* HACKTIVISION *cough*) to empty the wallets of desperate parents.
Or as an opportunity to get awesome Nintendo figurines that also do something? They won't be for characters, rest assured, they will be for other stuff.

TerraRizerKing

Smash Cadet
This seems like a neat concept. One I probably wont be tampering with much but it's an interesting idea. Maybe they can be used to save custom sets or have some sort of unlocks tied to them,

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
Or as an opportunity to get awesome Nintendo figurines that also do something? They won't be for characters, rest assured, they will be for other stuff.
What, a small little `trophy` that lacks articulation? I`d rather spend $200 on a rare Mario Kart 64 figurine.

Zebkeet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ivan_Revi_Adames
Or maybe it has to do with the custom character configuration thing. Imagine that. You just save your preferences on a smash symbol or something, so you won't have to enter all of your preferences if you go one where else to play smash.

Or It might be something like your player details. Then again, that's what street pass is for.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Wait a minute, let me make sure I`m reading this correctly.

You pay money to see the TROPHIES in-game? Even though one person can buy one and show the world what it says and looks like?
Melee had stupid exclusive trophies, and I'm pretty sure that game was well-liked.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Echoing the sentiments here, as long as I can unlock all characters and stages without having to pay additional mula, I'm cool with this.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Nintendo UK Says Smash Bros Wii U NFC Functionality Hasn't Been Confirmed.

You may remember that Nintendo of France managing director Stephan Bole recently told French publication Le Figaro that Super Smash Bros for Wii U will feature NFC functionality. Well, CVGreached out to Nintendo UK to see whether this was indeed true. Nintendo UK said that while Satoru Iwata said that Nintendo would release character figurines with built-in NFC functionality for certain titles, Super Smash Bros has yet to be confirmed as one of them. So no doubt we will get the official announcement at E3 next month.

“On 8th May 2014, Mr Iwata announced the decision for Nintendo to release character figurines with built-in NFC functionality that are compatible with video games starting from this year-end sales season. There has, however, not been any specific announcements regarding which software titles for Nintendo platforms will use this functionality. We have no other announcements to make at this time.”

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Nintendo UK Says Smash Bros Wii U NFC Functionality Hasn't Been Confirmed.

You may remember that Nintendo of France managing director Stephan Bole recently told French publication Le Figaro that Super Smash Bros for Wii U will feature NFC functionality. Well, CVGreached out to Nintendo UK to see whether this was indeed true. Nintendo UK said that while Satoru Iwata said that Nintendo would release character figurines with built-in NFC functionality for certain titles, Super Smash Bros has yet to be confirmed as one of them. So no doubt we will get the official announcement at E3 next month.

“On 8th May 2014, Mr Iwata announced the decision for Nintendo to release character figurines with built-in NFC functionality that are compatible with video games starting from this year-end sales season. There has, however, not been any specific announcements regarding which software titles for Nintendo platforms will use this functionality. We have no other announcements to make at this time.”
Not surprising since this is far from the first time France being wrong on Nintendo information. I never believed it was confirmed.

Nintendo of France has no power in facts compared to Nintendo of Japan or America (or the general Nintendo of Europe).

Last edited:

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
I think it's more likely for this to unlock trophies in the game with trophies in real life than entire characters.

Top Bottom