• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NGC Controller Problem

Mclena45

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this is the right place for it, but...
Recently, I was playing Brawl with a couple friends, and all of a sudden, I couldn't use smashes with my C-Stick. It would work every now, and again, seemingly random.
I went into the control settings for each tag, and changed the C-Stick from Smash to Attack, and it worked perfectly with the attacks. The C-Stick works perfectly with every setting except Smashes.
I hit reset defaults as well, and it didn't work.
The game registers the C-Stick being used, and it also uses every move, except Smashes.
I would like to know the cause for this, and if there's any way I could fix it. I'm honestly broke, and my parents wouldn't go out and buy a new controller (especially online) for something as "small" as this (they'd probably tell me to use the D-Pad if I were to explain this to them)...
Any help? :/

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Have you tried resetting the controller (unplugging and plugging it back in, or X+Y+Start method)?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
This sounds like your C-stick is getting off-center (because the plastic has worn away for example). Add to the fact that Brawl uses some sort of mechanism to prevent "hard" C-stick inputs from registering unless the C-stick returns to neutral and you have a problem with missing Smash Attacks.

Most "poverty solutions" aren't exactly safe to those who do not know how to use a soldering iron. Your choices are pretty limited unfortunately. Even if you could solder adequately you'd need to sacrifice a Wii Nunchuk or a previously malfunctioning Gamecube controller for a replacement analog stick.

Top Bottom