• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nice Point Mafia Day 6 (5/8 to Lynch, Deadline: Saturday the 19th at Midnight)

M.K

Level 55
True that.
Well, I suppose we next look at Cello.
Who else but Cello would OS give the "great honor" of becoming his Mafia replacement? He's that twisted. I can really see it happening.
Plus, like what's been said, he's not exactly answering the questions posed at him.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
MK said:
Cello is scum as well, for a couple of reasons.
1) There was a post in D1 that literally had OS saying "Well Cello, if we were both scum, this would've been a doozy" or something along those lines. Makes me suspicious. I feel like OS died and made Cello scum.
2) he's not answer the questions directed towards him.
So, you think I'm scum since I was yakked? Even though it's far more likely than not that nobody was yakked at all? Even though it's wisest to search for yakuza targets after you find the scum responsible for it? But that's fine. After all, I can't get yakked if I was mafia to begin with, so you must have a town read on me.

The only question of importance that I haven't answered is about what I did last Night. I'll answer that when Mentos (or SSBF, if he wants, but I doubt he will) tells me which of searching and training that he did.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Why are you specifically interested in knowing what Mentos did? Will you continue to refuse clarifying what you said if he withholds information about what he did?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Cello, I don't see any way for it to be beneficial for me to post what I did last night. If you can give me some reasoning for that I will do so, but right now I don't see what it could possibly due. The only reason I care about what you did is because you said you did both.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Meh, this is distracting us away from SSBF. I did exactly what I said; I tried to search, but I didn't (i.e. it failed, I didn't find a Dragon Ball), so instead, I ended up training in a white room. Fact is, Mentos, if he searched, found a Dragon Ball. I wanted it to take one away by trapping him if he searched, since scum potentially (though unlikely) has 5 Dragon Balls. But, it doesn't really matter since we can just kill him and SSBF and take them back.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I never supported Overswarm on the self-hammering at all as you can see. I used to support Overswarm in general, even thought I didn't really read deep into him. But I'd also like you for to know that although he used to have my 2nd strongest town read, I did notice him dropping in quality.

On top of that, Overswarm was NOT lurking. He was one of the most active players of Day 1 and posted a ******** of contents.
He posts that he didn't think OS was scum at the time. Seems that he is somewhat defending overswarm. Then he posts:

SSBF said:
Like others, I tend to focus more on scum reads then townie reads. This is why I focused more on you, The Paprika Killer, and Xonar then Overswarm at the time.
Then here he implies that he thought OS was scum. SSBF, please explain.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Been busy over the past couple of days. Let me catch up and get back to you guys with my updated reads.

M.K

Level 55
Meh, this is distracting us away from SSBF. I did exactly what I said; I tried to search, but I didn't (i.e. it failed, I didn't find a Dragon Ball), so instead, I ended up training in a white room. Fact is, Mentos, if he searched, found a Dragon Ball. I wanted it to take one away by trapping him if he searched, since scum potentially (though unlikely) has 5 Dragon Balls. But, it doesn't really matter since we can just kill him and SSBF and take them back.
You can do both in one night, is what you're saying?
I find that HIGHLY unbelievable. If we have a choice between two initially, why would each choice eventually lead to another ( Train-->Failed--> Search, or Search --> Fail--> Train).
>_>

Also, why has nobody attempted to trace connection from Xonar? It's more likely that he was the one killed by scum than OS (almost 100% guaranteed). I'm at school, but ima look back at em when I get home =)

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Day 2 Vote Count 1
(4) super smash bros. fan:
Kataefi, Cello, Clown, Swords
(2) cello_marl: SSBF, Sold
(1) hilt: Nick
(1) mentosman8: Jungle
(0) Jungle:
(0) nicholas1024:
(0) clownbot:
(0) rockin:
(0) kataefi:
(0) swordsrbroken:
(0) meta-kirby:
(0) sold2:

Not Voting: Mentos, Hilt, Rockin, Meta

7/12 to Lynch

Deadline May 23rd, 11:59 P.M.

Let me know if I missed anything; been busy.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
@Mod: Is Game Specific Rule 9001 strictly accurate, specifically the portion concerning whether or not we are told when we reach maximum level? I can't post my pm to prove my statement, so this is my best recourse.

The rule is not strictly accurate.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
@Mod: Can you Train if you had already Searched earlier the same Night but didn't get any results?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Unvote Cello. Just wanted to make sure you weren't holding info from us. I don't see why you would lie about what you did last night, so I believe you.

@Clownbot, may as well ask said questions, yes?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
All I need is for my question @mod to be answered

I just don't think that what he's saying makes any sense. I figured we could only train OR search regardless of whether our training got us anywhere or our searching didn't give us any balls.

Although, the way he put it almost makes me wonder if we auto-train when we search and don't get anything.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
requesting replacement

I don't currently have the time to play at my best, and I won't for a few more weeks. So I'm gonna have to drop out. Sorry guys.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
MK said:
You can do both in one night, is what you're saying?
I find that HIGHLY unbelievable. If we have a choice between two initially, why would each choice eventually lead to another ( Train-->Failed--> Search, or Search --> Fail--> Train).
>_>
You even quoted me saying exactly what happened...
I didn't choose to train after failing to find a Dragon Ball, I just did. My partner chose to train, but was just told that he/she reached max level (and did not subsequently search). Later (today, actually), we received clarification that we have already reached max level, so we should get that information if we try to train once too much. Which for us, is just one time.

MK said:
Also, why has nobody attempted to trace connection from Xonar? It's more likely that he was the one killed by scum than OS (almost 100% guaranteed). I'm at school, but ima look back at em when I get home =)
I agree that Xonar was probably killed by the mafia. But, how does that help us? Pretty much everyone here (as mafia) would have wanted him dead after that (he was a claimed town PR).

@All: After Gheb weighs-in (if he joins), can we just go ahead and lynch SSBF? Pretty please with sugar on top? After we lynch another scum, we should be able to force-out the last scum.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Mod said:
9005. If you can communicate privately with someone, you may trade dragonballs by PMing me the same command during the day only.
@Mod: Just to be sure (and so no one complains when they can't abuse rules-loopholes [perhaps, complains further]), when this says "trade dragonballs", you are only able to give Dragon Balls to people that you can communicate with, right? For example, I can talk with my partner. But, when trading privately, I can only give Balls to him/her, and not just anyone, right?

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
@Mod: Just to be sure (and so no one complains when they can't abuse rules-loopholes [perhaps, complains further]), when this says "trade dragonballs", you are only able to give Dragon Balls to people that you can communicate with, right? For example, I can talk with my partner. But, when trading privately, I can only give Balls to him/her, and not just anyone, right?
Right. :)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
22 pages? Holy cow, that's a lot to reread. Fortunately I kept up most of D1 so I just have to reread D2.

:059:

D

Deleted member

@All: After Gheb weighs-in (if he joins), can we just go ahead and lynch SSBF? Pretty please with sugar on top? After we lynch another scum, we should be able to force-out the last scum.
You do realize that I haven't claim yet? Would you be willing to go that far as to not even let me claim before lynching me?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
You do realize that I haven't claim yet? Would you be willing to go that far as to not even let me claim before lynching me?
Even in the few games you've played, you should've figured out that claiming doesn't save you from your scummy play. While I doubt everyone shares the same sentiment of rushing your lynch, the general consensus is that you are incredibly scummy as it has been pointed out several times.

I haven't had the time to go back and make my case on mentos, but as of now anyway SSBF is looking better now anyway.

unvote vote SSBF

L-1

M.K

Level 55
Vote: SSBF

Scum, and if not, definitely not a beneficial town player. Despite the "risk", I feel comfortable with this lynch.

THIS IS L-1

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Day 2 Vote Count 1
(6) super smash bros. fan:
Kataefi, Cello, Clown, Swords, Jungle, Meta
(1) cello_marl: SSBF
(1) hilt: Nick
(0) mentosman8:
(0) Jungle:
(0) nicholas1024:
(0) clownbot:
(0) rockin:
(0) kataefi:
(0) swordsrbroken:
(0) meta-kirby:
(0) sold2:

Not Voting: Mentos, Hilt, Rockin
, Sold

7/12 to Lynch

Deadline May 23rd, 11:59 P.M.

M.K

Level 55
And now he's at L-1, so I think if you wanna do it SSBF then now is the best time.
I swear if I hear Vanilla Townie...

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Oh, when you claim, SSBF, be sure to pass your Balls to your partner. Privately, of course.

No one hammer until he does that.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Assuming that SSBF has a scum partner why would we want him to do that, Cello...?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Oh, I also need a couple of Dragon Balls. If people would just give those to me, that would be great.

Clownbot said:
Assuming that SSBF has a scum partner why would we want him to do that, Cello...?
I won't answer that in full, but if he does, then when we've got a good chance to force his partner out. I don't mind saying this since he probably thinks it's a trick. But it isn't. I swear.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Definitely let Gheb catch up before a lynch occurs. SSBF, claim in your next post for sure.

Also, Cello, I don't see the benefit still, but since you explained your comment I will answer your question. I trained last night. Nothing else to be said, but now that you've been cooperative, I feel I should do the same to you.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Bleh, sucks that Hilt had to replace. I was waiting for him to come back so I could ask him that question about swords. =/

I also noticed that SSBF still hasn't answered my question yet either.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Unless SSBF has a ****** claim I'm OK with lynching him so we don't have to deal with mucky WIFOM later. Jungle, Swords, Sold and Kat are all floating under the radar and I'm p. sure at least one scumbag is among that bunch.

More later.

:059:

Top Bottom