• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
One thing that has me tilting my head is that if Shredder is actually one of the two post-launch characters, why is his codename "Cheese"?

Even as someone who's not that familiar with Ninja Turtles, that doesn't make sense to me.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
One thing that has me tilting my head is that if Shredder is actually one of the two post-launch characters, why is his codename "Cheese"?

Even as someone who's not that familiar with Ninja Turtles, that doesn't make sense to me.
iirc, the conception of Shredder was heavily inspired from a cheese shredder

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

I remember reading once that "cheese-grater Shredder" has been a TMNT fandom injoke for a while.

amageish

Smash Master
so wait
If this is real
Timmy Turner might not show up
Sad
I don't think that not having a pre-emptive voice recording would matter; they can hire the VA once more. Again, the DLC has not begun the selection process nor has it been pitched to Nick.

I remember reading once that "cheese-grater Shredder" has been a TMNT fandom injoke for a while.
This is an injoke you can buy merch of, even. Honestly, I kind of wish just the codes leaked, as "Orb" and "Cheese" would be funny to speculate about.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I don't think that not having a pre-emptive voice recording would matter; they can hire the VA once more. Again, the DLC has not begun the selection process nor has it been pitched to Nick.

This is an injoke you can buy merch of, even. Honestly, I kind of wish just the codes leaked, as "Orb" and "Cheese" would be funny to speculate about.
I probably would've made at least a joke about Cheese being Wallace as a guest.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
In other news, the website actually looks like a proper website now, as you can actually click on the characters to get their showcase video, some screenshots of them, and their moveset charts.

And it only took them until the game's release for this to happen.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
RPS mechanic is probably my biggest problem with the game, it isn't gamebreaking like the mechanic I'm about to mention but it would work a lot better in a slower paced game like post-HAL Smash - At this speed it comes off more like random tripping in Brawl did.

MarioKartRenderOwner

Smash Cadet
DLC thoughts

I think after our two freebies, I think Jimmy and Rocko are ABSURDLY likely, from what i've seen i thinkkkkk they're the only 2 series that have no characters found somewhere in this datamined and are heavily requested, obviously like rep said these names mean nothing but the fact the series are there is worth something probably

I think based on rep saying "we're aware of fan requests" Jenny has a good shot too, easily the most requested character

finally and i'm lowballing here bare minmum 4, i think there's gonna ONE like, wacky technically 3rd party character, and i'm putting it on Skipper or Po

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Since it's out today, seems like a good time to update the thread title.

Given the popularity of the thread, I also went ahead and stickied it. Granted there isn't too much activity in this board sadly...

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
They could be doing what Xander had to do and have the VA record a bunch of filler names so he can't leak the roster...

...but if they didn't have the budget for fighter voice acting, why bother spending time making their announcer announce things that might go unused?

amageish

Smash Master
They could be doing what Xander had to do and have the VA record a bunch of filler names so he can't leak the roster...

...but if they didn't have the budget for fighter voice acting, why bother spending time making their announcer announce things that might go unused?
I mean, VAs are usually paid by the hour, so it isn't shocking they'd make the most of their time.

And, again, Rep has said they aren't going to all be used and we may get DLC from outside of the voiceline list.

View attachment 333197

Okay, straight from the horse's mouth, the leaked lines are not confirmations and not having a leaked line is not a disconfirmation.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
First impressions on Nick All Star Brawl: I love it. It's so much fun. It's gonna take a while to get used to the fast pace of the game and not having rolls and dodges. Though, I've quickly gotten used to using strong attacks alongside normals and specials. Somehow, wavedashing is very easy to do too, though I've been mostly using airdashing to get around places quickly. Strongs feel like a natural extension to the Smash gameplay and I like it. Every character I played is real fun. I can't seem to pick a main yet cause everyone hits quick and hard and I like that. I'm slightly gravitating toward Zim and Helga atm. This game has been worth the wait.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Oh my LORD is this game fun. I've only played a few hours of friendlies so far, but it feels absolutely INCREDIBLE to play. The controls are smooth like butter, wavedashing is super quick and easy, and even the Online is super good - it starts to break down a bit once you add more players, but as far as 1v1 matches, I've barely noticed any issues. Absolutely LOVING this game so far, and I'm so glad it feels as good to play as all the prerelease footage made it look and I can't wait to play more of it as the game grows.
In terms of specific characters I've played, CatDog is every bit as fun as I hoped they were, and of all characters, Oblina has really struck a chord with me in terms of playstyle. Might be a strong secondary there. Zim is really fun, but VERY big-brained. A LOT of people are gonna drop this guy within a few weeks. Ren & Stimpy have some goofy potential, but I'll need to figure out their hitboxes more since their move coverage is REALLY wonky. Powdered Toast Man is... strange. He has some really dumb confirms (Neutral Light jablock into [insert strong attack here] is a particularly stupid one that I noticed) and Shine's as goofy as everyone expected, but a lot of his moves are just... weird. I dunno, I'll need to play as him more. SpongeBob seems pretty fluid and easy to string combos with, definitely this game's Mario. Patrick is terrible, but kinda fun.
Does NASB have crossplay? I'm thinking of getting it on PC.
I don't believe it does, but Steam is where most of the day 1 playerbase seems to be anyway, so knock yourself out.
Yeah, uh, the eShop is good at taking its sweet time with these things.

Also, alleged datamines are already out and about.

Ok listen, I'm not trying to be a ****, but if we get a Garfield reveal and the model ends up being the EXACT one from the Garfield leak, I am GOING to rub it in y'all's faces so hard. Doubter gang, be ready to eat some serious crow if that happens. I also might bust a gut laughing if that thing I said about Garfield coming with the Pokemon Stadium clone as a joke actually ends up being true.

Last edited:

MarioKartRenderOwner

Smash Cadet
hoooooh boy lots popping up, don't wanna spam the thread over night so i'll stop here unless anything MASSIVE happens

Zim's Hair, Lucy Shades, Spongebob's number one hat all datamined, wonder if there's plans for a shop in game to get ways to customize characters, explaining the lack of alts currently

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Options menu, on console, only provides audio options
My muscle memory is gonna argue with me for a bit, isn't it?

View attachment 333196

Have I mentioned I feel bad for Rep yet? As I feel bad for Rep.
I wonder how he would feel about Tributes Games having more legroom to do whatever they want with their Nick game. They're even leak-proof.

...Except I'm pretty sure they haven't even begun discussion regarding what characters to use yet.

So I doubt this has anything to do with DLC.
Rule of thumb is that, 99% of the time if any leak is made with text, it's bullocks.

That being said, if this can remotely be humored, we probably haven't even seen the whole name list, as that screenshot goes from A to F.

Shredder's creation was inspired from holding a cheese grater backwards, true story.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At any rate, if true, I'm not mad since I was 80% certain one of my current biggest wants would get in sooner or later. No shame in rubbing that in.

I mean, VAs are usually paid by the hour, so it isn't shocking they'd make the most of their time.

And, again, Rep has said they aren't going to all be used and we may get DLC from outside of the voiceline list.
Which is pretty fair and logical, since I wouldn't want to see the collective disappointment of Jenny fans.

Not to mention that we still don't know how the DLC structure will be like or how long it goes for. 👨‍🔧👩‍🔧👷‍♂️👷‍♀️

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
still haven't tried everyone but currently I think i may main Catdog. that character is incredibly fun

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
Thoughts on Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl so far

-Amazing gameplay!
-Challenging AI as they actually seem to react differently to certain actions. Such as trying to avoid traps I try to setup with Zim
-Lots of juggling and wavedashing
-Strafing is more useful for characters with lots of projectiles but it is useful for reducing accidental input in directions
-Incredibly fast paced
-Combos are on the easier side but are still fun and easy to screw up so it's not like they just hand them to you
-You can tell the focus of development was the gameplay
-Music is ok (Though some stage themes are real bangers)
-No alternate colors?
-Lack of modes outside of Arcade, Online and Vs (Understandable due to the short development time)
-Online was stuttery for me but I blame my wifi and lack of ethernet cable. Fall Guys tends to stutter on my end without it so I'll have to hook my ethernet cable up to see if that makes a difference (though first I need to buy an extension)
-Only encountered 1 glitch so far is the game is really polished. The glitch in question came while I was playing Plankton Ball against a Sandy CPU and she randomly stopped moving until I hit her again.
-What you see is what you get

Besides that I think the core gameplay is AMAZING! I hope they get the support needed to add more content though. Not just characters or stages but also modes and options. Can't wait to see more!

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Coincidentally or not, the Frederator YouTube Channel came back after a year of going silent ( seemingly they got the internal issues in the company sorted out) right around the time of launch for this game, so hopefully that means now Nickelodeon and the devs can properly make negotiations for the characters like Jimmy Turner and Jenny Wakeman so that we can get them into the game.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If we would get Jimmy in the game, Then yeah I sure hope Jenny is in :O
I don't know how much of the 'leaks' mean characters in game or other reasons, so I'll hold judgment. I'm pretty glad with the base game characters though for me Jenny would make it more complete :p (along other popular ones people would like)

I can only play the game later after I'm done with things. But liking that people like the game :D

Last edited:

Elwood

Smash Journeyman
How does the game run on Switch? I'm currently debating whether to play on that or on PS5 - it would certainly run better on the PS5 but the Switch Pro Controller is more comfortable for me to hold.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
How does the game run on Switch? I'm currently debating whether to play on that or on PS5 - it would certainly run better on the PS5 but the Switch Pro Controller is more comfortable for me to hold.
Pretty well for me, but I tend not to pay attention to these sorts of things. It runs better than a lot of small and even major 3rd party Switch games I've played

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So after I was done losing my mind, my sh*t, and just my everything in general over Sora being the final Smash DLC Fighter, I checked with my local Gamestop and yeah, they aren't gonna have the game until this Friday.

...Honestly, if I had known this would happen, I would've gone digital. Oh well.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
So after I was done losing my mind, my sh*t, and just my everything in general over Sora being the final Smash DLC Fighter, I checked with my local Gamestop and yeah, they aren't gonna have the game until this Friday.

...Honestly, if I had known this would happen, I would've gone digital. Oh well.
UUUUUUUUUuuuugggghhhh

Top Bottom