• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So does the game not have the option to customize your control scheme? If not, I'm hoping it gets patched in at some point soon.
You can't save profiles, but can customize controls on the character select screen. Hope that's something that gets fixed, and along with that comes Smash's level of controls customization.

amageish

Smash Master
Honestly I think those "exclamation" models are for story mode NPCs. No codenames and most of them are side characters.
That'd be amazing, but I doubt it. If Nick isn't letting them write basic dialogue for arcade mode, then I doubt they'll be able to do anything as fancy as a story mode with a bunch of NPCs...

Is the day one patch 1.0.1? I genuinely can't tell.
It is. If Toph has the John Cena taunt, then you have the day one patch installed (there are other differences, of course, but that's an easy obvious one).

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Part of me wishes I hadn't spoiled it, but it's nice to know who the last two are.

Not gonna watch Spongefield's footage because I wanna see the moves on the completed character, but I'm excited that Garfield is going to be in a platform fighter and that his home stage is tournament legal. This game really is a ****post.

No offense to anyone who wanted Shredder, but I was honestly hoping for another Nicktoon before him. 80's TMNT doesn't scream Nickelodeon the same way I have memories of watching Garfield and Friends on Nick as a kid. Plus, the age old question, four Ninja Turtles slots and only two Ninja Turtles?

That Double Dare stage is sick as hell too.
I'm so irritated right now. I was able to accept April's inclusion since there were only 3 TMNT reps. Brownie points too for creativity than just having 3 turtles with one being left out entirely. But you're telling me they forced in 4 TMNT characters anyway. More than Spongebob? And they ignored the great opportunity for the most loved part of TMNT?

What a load of ****.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm not convinced on Shredder yet. If it happens, sure, but what they found could be for something else, especially if there's no corresponding stage.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I'm not convinced on Shredder yet. If it happens, sure, but what they found could be for something else, especially if there's no corresponding stage.
It's only going to make the reveal that much more bitter for me knowing the character was supposed to be in the base roster if it's real.
Yeah, honestly, do we even have any proof it's Shredder? The Garfield stuff is unmistakable, but where did they get that the other character is Shredder beyond the codename? For all we know, "cheese" could be a reference to Rocko, as in The Cheese from Wacky Deli.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm so irritated right now. I was able to accept April's inclusion since there were only 3 TMNT reps. Brownie points too for creativity than just having 3 turtles with one being left out entirely. But you're telling me they forced in 4 TMNT characters anyway. More than Spongebob? And they ignored the great opportunity for the most loved part of TMNT?

What a load of ****.
Maybe they had the time to make two extra character models and/or wanted to have a less predictable selection of four TMNT reps?

amageish

Smash Master
Yeah, honestly, do we even have any proof it's Shredder? The Garfield stuff is unmistakable, but where did they get that the other character is Shredder beyond the codename? For all we know, "cheese" could be a reference to Rocko, as in The Cheese from Wacky Deli.
I'm not a dataminer, but there are apparently Shredder placeholder images under the "cheese" codename in the place characters are stored.

I also think it's Shredder/Garfield just because of Rep's reaction to people asking about them being "I told them the content would be datamined, but nobody listened me." and not... a denial or a tease or any sort of reaction implying anything that was wrong...

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
stage you wouldn't expect: an unfinished Double Dare stage!

View attachment 333387
and finally, we have the uncensored version of this straight from the leaker. Great starting line-up!
Well, I guess I was right about the "shoes" image being a placeholder render and not the genuine article. I do feel bad for the devs that their **** keeps leaking like this, but at the same time, it's good to know who those two base roster characters are who got pushed back. And I must say I am very happy with these choices, ESPECIALLY Garfield. Very excited to have a new main whenever these two drop!
Holy **** this all looks so cool. The characters, the stages, the costumes, the modes(?), EVERYTHING! We are in for one hell of a ride, folks. This game's post-launch support is gonna be freakin' AWESOME.
Anyway, after playing the game a bit more, I actually don't think Patrick's the worst character in the game anymore. He's bottom 3, that's for sure, but the guy at least has some minimal combo potential and pretty much all his moves have respectable kill power. I actually think Ren & Stimpy are in a worse place at the moment; they're slow as hell and have bad frame data, which is to be expected from a heavy, but they also have like, no combos beyond some basic juggles and they don't even have very good kill moves either (Down Strong at the ledge is your best bet, but if your opponent knows how to get around it, well, GG). Apart from that, their hitbox placement's all kinds of wack (don't worry, guys, we put a tiny spiking hitbox directly behind you on Up Tilt, that'll make up for this character's terrible coverage) and Log's not even very good as a projectile, I find, due to its awkward trajectory and the duo's inability to meaningfully follow up on it most of the time. I dunno, am I missing something here that secretly makes these guys good?

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Now, I just need the official render of Garfield to complete my drive. This is a character I cannot allow myself to lose from the dibs rule.

Well, I guess I was right about the "shoes" image being a placeholder render and not the genuine article. I do feel bad for the devs that their **** keeps leaking like this, but at the same time, it's good to know who those two base roster characters are who got pushed back. And I must say I am very happy with these choices, ESPECIALLY Garfield. Very excited to have a new main whenever these two drop!
Holy **** this all looks so cool. The characters, the stages, the costumes, the modes(?), EVERYTHING! We are in for one hell of a ride, folks. This game's post-launch support is gonna be freakin' AWESOME.
Anyway, after playing the game a bit more, I actually don't think Patrick's the worst character in the game anymore. He's bottom 3, don't get me wrong, but the guy at least has some minimal combo potential and pretty much all his moves have respectable kill power. I actually think Ren & Stimpy are worse at the moment; they're slow as hell and have bad frame data, which is to be expected from a heavy, but they also have like, no combos beyond some basic juggles and they don't even have very good kill moves either (Down Strong at the ledge is your best bet, but if your opponent knows how to get around it, well, GG). Apart from that, their hitbox placement's all kinds of wack (don't worry, guys, we put a tiny spiking hitbox directly behind you on Up Tilt, that'll make up for this character's terrible coverage) and Log's not even very good as a projectile, I find, due to its awkward trajectory and the duo's inability to meaningfully follow up on it most of the time. I dunno, am I missing something here that secretly makes these guys good?
I agree. Ren and Stimpy are really awkward. The log is too easily counterable to be an appropiate move to get in. Currently using its forward air tilt to get in. The move is fast and has good reach. Most other moves could use a little help.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Anyway, after playing the game a bit more, I actually don't think Patrick's the worst character in the game anymore. He's bottom 3, don't get me wrong, but the guy at least has some minimal combo potential and pretty much all his moves have respectable kill power. I actually think Ren & Stimpy are worse at the moment; they're slow as hell and have bad frame data, which is to be expected from a heavy, but they also have like, no combos beyond some basic juggles and they don't even have very good kill moves either (Down Strong at the ledge is your best bet, but if your opponent knows how to get around it, well, GG). Apart from that, their hitbox placement's all kinds of wack (don't worry, guys, we put a tiny spiking hitbox directly behind you on Up Tilt, that'll make up for this character's terrible coverage) and Log's not even very good as a projectile, I find, due to its awkward trajectory and the duo's inability to meaningfully follow up on it most of the time. I dunno, am I missing something here that secretly makes these guys good?
With their focus on attacks that hit on both sides, I imagine R&S weren't balanced around 1v1. This is something Smash does too, balancing characters around a certain number of players.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I figure this is as good a place as any to ask - how'd this game turn out? Worth the buy for fun with friends/any competitive potential?
Worth the buy for either - however, you may want to wait for future updates (especially if you're a casual player) since the game was released in a not-entirely-finished state. There is next to no casual content outside of stages and alternate costumes do not exist yet. Mechanically, it plays a lot like Smash 64 but at Melee's speed (if not higher) and the characters are really fun.

Last edited:

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Worth the buy for either - however, you may want to wait for future updates (especially if you're a casual player) since the game was released in a not-entirely-finished state. There is next to no casual content outside of stages and alternate costumes do not exist yet. Mechanically, it plays a lot like Smash 64 but at Melee's speed (if not higher) and the characters are really fun.
That sounds perfect for me actually. Thanks, going to pick it up.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I played the game more at night before bed and I'm starting to get more how to play the game and Korra. I feel a lot better about the game now. It definitely takes some getting used to I find, before understanding how to use the good moves and.. not to use the bad moves much or it's very situational.

Still trying to toy with Korra's specials but they're pretty slow and straightforward. I kinda hope they make them and a few other moves better.

I'm also having trouble on loading screens (takes forever). I haven't tried playing online yet so I hope there's no problems starting matches.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At any rate, one of the characters in question was being hoped for by several people (including me) anyway, so it's just as well, really. For the other two remaining characters from the series they're from, they'd have to wait for the paid DLC period.

This is kind of reminding me of the ERSB leak days, but with less characters.

Also, did anyone see this?

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
At any rate, one of the characters in question was being hoped for by several people (including me) anyway, so it's just as well, really. For the other two remaining characters from the series they're from, they'd have to wait for the paid DLC period.

This is kind of reminding me of the ERSB leak days, but with less characters.

Also, did anyone see this?

That pink screamy ball dude might actually be Buhdeuce. I think I remember Rep saying that they wanted to have him appear as an item you could beat up and send flying into other players.

Also if the announcer doesn't use his "Critical hit!" voiceline for rolling a 20 on the die I'm gonna do the disappointment.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
full base lineup.png

the uncensored version of this image from the leak was shown off by the leaker. It's Shredder and Garfield

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Leaked footage of Garfield gameplay (well, what little we have of Garf's moveset) uses the exact same grayed-out image of Garfield
I haven't seen any of that. Is there a link?

Edit: Ok I know which one you meant now. not sure what to make of it, pretty ungarfield moveset XD

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
View attachment 333475

a list of their special moves with descriptions was also found internally
Lol if that's true, which does seem to be the case, they really didn't do a good job hiding their code.

The descriptions fit with the moves we saw, like placing pooky which had a placeholder.

So I'll lsettle about resisting it. :p

Edit:
On a side note, I can definitely see them making more spongebob characters in not long.

Last edited:
Top Bottom