• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ninjaconkers new and improved toon link

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
OK. You're pretty good but that Link needs to improve. Alot of things you got away with prolly wouldn't have worked on a better player. The Bair-dair combo in the first video for instance. That was poor judgement on the Link's part.

herkules

Smash Rookie
OK. You're pretty good but that Link needs to improve. Alot of things you got away with prolly wouldn't have worked on a better player. The Bair-dair combo in the first video for instance. That was poor judgement on the Link's part.
Ok, no offence but this wasn't a bash the Link thread. It was to help ninjaconker improve.

Anyways, Im a scrub with TL but I think that your bair chains are good. Also work on beating the Link with projectiles more, because they wreck his. All in all good job.

(someone who's actually good with TL should be able to go into depth alot more.)

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Edge-play. "Not only does it work, but its fun--everybody does it." <<< very corny line... but hey... its true lol)

I have had my fair share of battle with toon link, and those that hover around the edge at the oppurtune times really get to me. That floatiness, those retardedly cartoon eyes (lol?), his sword length (as opposed to pikachu's electric cheeks), and those bombs.... they help with guarding the edge and punishing opponents recovering around and from it.

I guess it depends on preference sometimes too.... anyways props to you maining TL--very nice pick.

Nice Link vs. Toon Link battles.

Hope that helps.

Sincerely,
Legendary Pikachu, still a fledgeling smashboards'er

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Edge-play. "Not only does it work, but its fun--everybody does it." <<< very corny line... but hey... its true lol)

I have had my fair share of battle with toon link, and those that hover around the edge at the oppurtune times really get to me. That floatiness, those retardedly cartoon eyes (lol?), his sword length (as opposed to pikachu's electric cheeks), and those bombs.... they help with guarding the edge and punishing opponents recovering around and from it.

I guess it depends on preference sometimes too.... anyways props to you maining TL--very nice pick.

Nice Link vs. Toon Link battles.

Hope that helps.

Sincerely,
Legendary Pikachu, still a fledgeling smashboards'er
XD the random times me and you trade places lol

You randomly post here
I randomly post in Pika boards
lol

I'll go do that now XD

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't bashing the Link. I was basically saying that for me to properly critique him, I'd like to see him play against a higher level player. I don't claim to be a high level Toon Link but I know what one looks like.

herkules

Smash Rookie
I wasn't bashing the Link. I was basically saying that for me to properly critique him, I'd like to see him play against a higher level player. I don't claim to be a high level Toon Link but I know what one looks like.
Then why post? This is about helping him out, not saying you cant. Besides in if you watch all three vids, then you should be able to make something out. The Link didn't suck that much. You should post to help ninjaconker out, NOT TO SAY YOU CANT.

Top Bottom