• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ninjalink (Diddy) vs M2K (MK)

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
I'm missing the part where he got lucky.

I definitely think M2k is capable of better play (really, lots of shuttle loop spam neard the end), but I don't think that detracts from Ninjalink's play at all. He played excellently.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
NL is a great player, and won... I don't see any 0% kill -.- that was more like a 23% kill from a Meta Knight who thought he could gimp the Diddy, and got caught into a side-B.

Those were great matches, and just wow xD lol....

Freezewish

Smash Ace
Wow great matches. The last game was very fun to watch. NL is a great player and showed it in these vids. Also im surprised M2k allowed someone to record him. o_O

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I was at this tournament and I must say the crowd was going wild the entire time.
Things we've never seen a Diddy do before were pulled off and NL deserves to bask in the glory for a bit.
Unfortunately, as you'll later find, M2K came back from the loser's bracket and defeated NL. But it's because NL didn't stick with Diddy. =/

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Wow great matches. The last game was very fun to watch. NL is a great player and showed it in these vids. Also im surprised M2k allowed someone to record him. o_O
im going to go with recorder johns for M2K and say that if M2K hadnt gotten recorded and wasnt so nervous about getting swagger jacked, he would have won
lolz
and the 23% gimp was a little lucky that M2K was being so overly agressive... but w/e

imo, NL just needs to admit that he mains diddy and stick with him..

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
p.s. @ mr E
my boy jesiah said that he was going to come down there and **** you in multiple money matches...

how did you do against him?

Giannis

Smash Cadet
Am I the only one bothered by the fact that everyone cheers for Diddy Kong?I mean,how can M2K play when he has a bunch of people behind him "boo-ing" him all the time??

That same thing happened with Reflex's Wario videos.

Great matches though...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Am I the only one bothered by the fact that everyone cheers for Diddy Kong?I mean,how can M2K play when he has a bunch of people behind him "boo-ing" him all the time??

That same thing happened with Reflex's Wario videos.

Great matches though...
M2K has to expect this. He plays MK.
And camcorder johns ftw.

Staco

Smash Champion
m2k is the best at brawl
they shall shut up <<
look what m2k does with mk, thats as nice as NLs diddy
I bet the most mk mainer wont get a drill from stage direct to edge ...
and m2k does it in a match ...

but I like Nl for being very good with multiple chars
I want m2k to play more chars than mk ...

Wafflekingz

Smash Cadet
I was at this tournament and I must say the crowd was going wild the entire time.
Things we've never seen a Diddy do before were pulled off and NL deserves to bask in the glory for a bit.
Unfortunately, as you'll later find, M2K came back from the loser's bracket and defeated NL. But it's because NL didn't stick with Diddy. =/
What do you mean ninja link didn't stick with diddy? Against DSF, no he didn't but against M2k for the second set he was diddy every match. The reason M2K came back and beat him was because he figured out what he was doing wrong. M2K really doesn't have any diddy experience, as you can see he was flying into bananas, tripping on them when landing, getting hit with aerials after NL's dash attack and approaching horizontally when NL had bananas out.

People say because they split the winnings that their second set of matches didn't mean anything because there was nothing on the line but they were both playing as well as they could in the rematch. Why would either of them not take it seriously with everyone watching and reputation on the line. When these vids get posted watch M2K, he plays so much smarter. He actually picks the bananas up and uses them instead of avoiding them for the time being and later slipping on them. He also approaches from above with d-air, uses tornado, and plays defensively while NL has banana control. He air dodges after the dash attack and does a much better job throughout the match of not playing as aggressively when NL has control of the stage and bananas.

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
Staco, you sound like a M2K worshiper. Both of them played very well, but I saw barely any luck in any of the matches. If anything lucky happened, I think it would've been that D-smash MK got off on Diddy for that low percent kill.
M2K became too aggressive at the beginning of the match and was thoroughly punished for it.
MK players are known to usually be over-aggressive and NL spaced well enough to pull off an amazing punishment for that. M2K was going for a low-% kill and NL pulled the wool over his eyes.
Those were spectacular matches though!

Giannis

Smash Cadet
Staco said:
I want m2k to play more chars than mk ...
He does play with more characters.Before MK,he used King DeDeDe to win many tournaments and there are videos of him using Ike and Marth (I am not sure about the latter).

But M2K has clearly stated that he plays with MK because he is the closest to Melee gameplay (being fast and such)

Puffball64 said:
M2K has to expect this. He plays MK.
But still,the character alone is not a reason for people to go against him.On the contrary, his Brawling ability should be cheered upon.

CO18

Smash Hero
He does play with more characters.Before MK,he used King DeDeDe to win many tournaments and there are videos of him using Ike and Marth (I am not sure about the latter).

But M2K has clearly stated that he plays with MK because he is the closest to Melee gameplay (being fast and such)

But still,the character alone is not a reason for people to go against him.On the contrary, his Brawling ability should be cheered upon.
I think its more about the fact that he wins everything and has won everything going back to melee for years upon years so people would obviously root for the underdog.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Jesus, no one ever appreciates people who beat M2K. Yes, M2K is one of the best or even the best player there is, but you can't just say "olul he r got lux and m2k r has bad lux lollllo". The gimp in the beginning was not M2K getting unlucky, you can avoid any move in the game including the one that happened to kill M2K, it was not lucky. I love watching M2K play but I don't think that just because he loses it's a lucky win for his opponent. That's like saying if I played M2K, and happened to win, it would be lucky just because I got a gimp. They both played well, but I'm pretty sure to my best knowledge there was no luck involved in those matches. Good game to both of you.

Qckpy01

Smash Apprentice
I wonder how Ken would fair in Brawl against M2K.......
His EVO 08 vids were awesome at the time.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
p.s. @ mr E
my boy jesiah said that he was going to come down there and **** you in multiple money matches...

how did you do against him?
Lol, I'm not entirely sure if I even saw him...
=[
Shoulda asked him ahead of time how to recognize him. But I'll be attending future EC regionals. You can count on that.

Jesus, no one ever appreciates people who beat M2K. Yes, M2K is one of the best or even the best player there is, but you can't just say "olul he r got lux and m2k r has bad lux lollllo". The gimp in the beginning was not M2K getting unlucky, you can avoid any move in the game including the one that happened to kill M2K, it was not lucky. I love watching M2K play but I don't think that just because he loses it's a lucky win for his opponent. That's like saying if I played M2K, and happened to win, it would be lucky just because I got a gimp. They both played well, but I'm pretty sure to my best knowledge there was no luck involved in those matches. Good game to both of you.
Yep. NL is undisputedly the best Diddy. M2K is so good it'll take more than an incredibly massive amount of luck to defeat him. NL is VERY tactical and plays uber intelligently. Props to him^^^

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
im tired of hearing this. i beat this guy TWICE and ppl still think its luck. STFU seriously. We split before i played losers finals. I have the ***** flu. My throat hurted. It was full of phlegm. i wanted to go home. I didnt care about winning or losing. I woulda got the same amount of money anyway. U wanna play someone who doesnt let u breathe 24/7 with ur head and neck hurting? No. No one is johning. M2K did the same thing at esticle. top 5 split. M2K didnt care so he went D3 against chu knowing it was against his favor. He and the other players got the same amount of money anyway.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Seriously, M2K is capable of losing. NinjaLink legitimately beat him, you can tell by the way M2K was reacting.

No johns, either. They were BOTH being recorded, so they had the same pressure. The crowd goes both ways, since a crowd in your favor increases the pressure to win.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Seriously, M2K is capable of losing. NinjaLink legitimately beat him, you can tell by the way M2K was reacting.

No johns, either. They were BOTH being recorded, so they had the same pressure. The crowd goes both ways, since a crowd in your favor increases the pressure to win.
yea. I hate when ppl call out what im about to do.....remember they screamed out barrel.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
That's really lame. I thought you played an amazing game and deserved every bit of the win, everyone else can STFU.

M2K is good enough that luck won't beat him, it takes amazing play to do it.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Mew2king will find a way against diddys he takes this game too seriously to let himself being beat by a diddy slide. m2k legitimately lost he even admitted in the last match of the set he got *****. still very good NL

Jar'd

Smash Ace
When m2k got hit, he always did dair. I always thought uair was the best option since it was faster. Is there something that I'm missing and dair is actually better?

Anyway, crazy good games. NL owned some *** the last match.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
You legitimately beat M2k, no johns. Respect.

I'm interested in seeing the other videos now though. Usually all you can do is catch M2k by surprise, he usually finds a way to win after a few matches.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Mew2king will find a way against diddys he takes this game too seriously to let himself being beat by a diddy slide. m2k legitimately lost he even admitted in the last match of the set he got *****. still very good NL
ur dumb

the dude almost never even plays the game except for tourneys

@jard
you are right, MKs up air is the best airial recovery move in the game
Edit fixed

CO18

Smash Hero
ur dumb

the dude almost never even plays the game except for tourneys
Which is where you get better. NTM he adapts incredibly fast. NTM you dont even have to play this game to get better at it.

NEO playing off of theory is an example of this.

K 2

Smash Lord
Wow...those were amazing matches. Good job to you both. M2K had a hard time dealing with those bananas (wonderful banana useage, NL).

The first time I played a diddy online, I got three stocked so badly. The first step to beating a diddy is just to have experience in the matchup. Good diddys are hard to come by so not many people have experience fighting diddy (myself included).

Megamegaman

Smash Apprentice
the battle was amazing ! ninjslink's diddy is awesome and m2k MK doenst need any comment =0

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Ninjalink didn't get lucky.
He is just amazing at thinking on his feet and pulling off shiz that works and surprises the opponent- even when that opponent is M2K.

Staco- please erase your own opinions from your opening post of this thread.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Was there, both players deserve respect. The recording wasn't invasive, I don't see how it could effect M2K. The comments could have though, I admit.

Either way, great players.

Top Bottom