• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ninjalink (Diddy) vs M2K (MK)

Leh

Smash Ace
"Pro-ban now claims that the matches don't count because the players are to good?"

Best part of the thread.

Leh

Smash Ace
I won't?

I used to get made fun of all the time before I Got good, while getting good, and after I got good. I've been rooted against at every tourney except once against Ken at OC2 and I forget the other instance there was one more. Those are seriously the only 2 I can think of. People always blame my character for me doing well or being robotic or some bull**** made up excuse. Suddenly Fox was broken, then Marth, then Brawl DDD, now Brawl MK. Always being discredited by the majority of the community and never being rooted for OOS really sucks. You will never know how that feels lol. Melee fame only makes ppl want me to lose even more.
I still love you, and i have a afro.
Or did.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
But u had ur melee fame regardless. I'm considered a melee noob thats only good in brawl. U will NEVER kno how that feels.
hey hey hey...I watched your Melee stuff vs Dark.Pch/Jash/Crismas etc all the time...

And I often see your name brought up when people talk about good Roys :) You've got respect in melee

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I won't?

I used to get made fun of all the time before I Got good, while getting good, and after I got good. I've been rooted against at every tourney except once against Ken at OC2 and I forget the other instance there was one more. Those are seriously the only 2 I can think of. People always blame my character for me doing well or being robotic or some bull**** made up excuse. Suddenly Fox was broken, then Marth, then Brawl DDD, now Brawl MK. Always being discredited by the majority of the community and never being rooted for OOS really sucks. You will never know how that feels lol. Melee fame only makes ppl want me to lose even more.
Thats actually flattery if ppl say that. I hear i make diddy broken or me being a broken person in general cause i do things that dont make sense....wait till u see the falcon dittos i did with G-Reg. Edgecancelled nair to sweetspotted knee. I came in the melee scene late like early 07 and i used roy. Kinda hard to be noticed. U at least had years to do something. Once i learned how to play at a very high level, brawl came in so i couldnt prove myself anymore. When i won brawl tourneys, everyone hated me.'Why is he winning?! He was never good in melee.' Its messed up cause i beat these same ppl in melee when i used roy who everyone knows is horrible. I shouldnt be beating anyone. I have an entire state just use sheik and ICs on me in tourney. I shouldtn fight 5 sheiks in a row. And all they did was try to CG me to death and that somehow made them better than me and i still beat them.

@56K. Yea u liked how i played but not everyone. Roy boards was biased and stupid so i was considered bad(i dont count them anyways). But i have Jman who thinks i suck, Reno and some others. Just because i used a low tier character doesnt make me a bad player. I just made me better cause i cant afford as many mistakes.

CO18

Smash Hero
I won't?

Change yo style up, switch to southpaw. Then ppl will root for you

St. Viers

Smash Champion
@M2K. Don't worry about it. People want you to lose because they recognise that you're good at the game, and rooting for the underdog is more fun. But yeah, the amount of M2K hate I've seen is really appalling >_<

@NL: I guess people calling you broken is a complement right? Also, playing non high tier chars in melee ftw, man. People who can do that well get my respect.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Why didn't M2K attempt to spotdodge a little more? It seemed when NinjaLink got on a roll, M2K started being overwhelmed and sat in his shield a lot. He kept getting grabbed an awful lot......is there some reason as to why spotdodging is bad against Diddy?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I won't?

Getting made fun of us only a part of life, you eventually get over it.

People generally root for the underdog. If some random person was to go up and Brawl you in real life, I would root for the random person. Not because I have anything against you, but the fact I like it when the underdog wins, it always seems to be more entertaining.

Now when you take two people that are 'big names' (anyone most competitive smashers can name off the top of their heads) (yourself, Azen, NL, Deva, DSF, Dojo, etc.) and put them together, I'd root for the person using the character lower on the tier list.

Let's say you suddenly decided to main Link (or any other 'horrible' character), unless you went up against a Falcon, I'd be rooting for you, because I love seeing the underdog (Char>Player) win.

Seeing Deva beating ( I forgot.... was it DSF's?) MK was really entertaining. I don't really know either player, but I was rooting for Deva only due to the fact he was using a 'bad' character.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Getting made fun of us only a part of life, you eventually get over it.

People generally root for the underdog. If some random person was to go up and Brawl you in real life, I would root for the random person. Not because I have anything against you, but the fact I like it when the underdog wins, it always seems to be more entertaining.

Now when you take two people that are 'big names' (anyone most competitive smashers can name off the top of their heads) (yourself, Azen, NL, Deva, DSF, Dojo, etc.) and put them together, I'd root for the person using the character lower on the tier list.

Let's say you suddenly decided to main Link (or any other 'horrible' character), unless you went up against a Falcon, I'd be rooting for you, because I love seeing the underdog (Char>Player) win.

Seeing Deva beating ( I forgot.... was it DSF's?) MK was really entertaining. I don't really know either player, but I was rooting for Deva only due to the fact he was using a 'bad' character.
That wasnt DSFs mk btw. Someone faked that.

AS to spotdodging. Look in the vid on smashville when he spotdodged. I put a banana trap there.

Mi1oo

Smash Apprentice
Amazing play guys. I wish i could play guys like you where i lived. Why can't people be this good at fox so i can learn from it lol.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Thats actually flattery if ppl say that. I hear i make diddy broken or me being a broken person in general cause i do things that dont make sense....wait till u see the falcon dittos i did with G-Reg. Edgecancelled nair to sweetspotted knee. I came in the melee scene late like early 07 and i used roy. Kinda hard to be noticed. U at least had years to do something. Once i learned how to play at a very high level, brawl came in so i couldnt prove myself anymore. When i won brawl tourneys, everyone hated me.'Why is he winning?! He was never good in melee.' Its messed up cause i beat these same ppl in melee when i used roy who everyone knows is horrible. I shouldnt be beating anyone. I have an entire state just use sheik and ICs on me in tourney. I shouldtn fight 5 sheiks in a row. And all they did was try to CG me to death and that somehow made them better than me and i still beat them.

@56K. Yea u liked how i played but not everyone. Roy boards was biased and stupid so i was considered bad(i dont count them anyways). But i have Jman who thinks i suck, Reno and some others. Just because i used a low tier character doesnt make me a bad player. I just made me better cause i cant afford as many mistakes.
Hey man, your black(i think) and from NY. You should know the term "hater" by now LOL. Brush those type of people off man. I don't get much respect in my state either and I'm easily top 3. I don't have time to travel, so I don't know how I do against others, but ya I'm not "recognized".

Just brush them off. As long as you know you're good and you keep ranking well, then what anyone else says means nothing. You're the one walking away with the cash :]

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Just because i used a low tier character doesnt make me a bad player. I just made me better cause i cant afford as many mistakes.
silly ninjalink - your character is everything and you could never possibly beat anyone who is good with a character that isn't very good :chuckle:

this is one of the few brawl sets i can bear to watch - very cool

also - m2k - who cares what randoms think? everyone who knows anything about the game knows you ARE competitive smash - you're the best there is. no seriously - who cares what randoms think

i like what you're doing with diddy nl - very creative.

creativity is one of my favorite things about smash - your diddy is wonderfully slick

and m2k

efficient as always

dont lose ever again k?

not even a match.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Hey man, your black(i think) and from NY. You should know the term "hater" by now LOL. Brush those type of people off man. I don't get much respect in my state either and I'm easily top 3. I don't have time to travel, so I don't know how I do against others, but ya I'm not "recognized".

Just brush them off. As long as you know you're good and you keep ranking well, then what anyone else says means nothing. You're the one walking away with the cash :]
Hell yeah.

You just gotta

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
silly ninjalink - your character is everything and you could never possibly beat anyone who is good with a character that isn't very good :chuckle:

this is one of the few brawl sets i can bear to watch - very cool

also - m2k - who cares what randoms think? everyone who knows anything about the game knows you ARE competitive smash - you're the best there is. no seriously - who cares what randoms think

i like what you're doing with diddy nl - very creative.

creativity is one of my favorite things about smash - your diddy is wonderfully slick

and m2k

efficient as always

dont lose ever again k?

not even a match.
Well u should understand gimpy. U used bowser in melee. By bein disadvantaged didnt it make u a better player cause u had to work with less options then what most characters had?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
haha of course

people always liked to say things like "if you played _______ you'd be unbeatable!" i tenddisagree and say if it wasn't for bowser i'd never be as good or creative as i am now - perhaps if i stuck with sheik late though haha - playing an unconventional character causes a necessity for creative thought and massively patient playing eh?

kudos to your diddy n_n

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
haha of course

people always liked to say things like "if you played _______ you'd be unbeatable!" i tenddisagree and say if it wasn't for bowser i'd never be as good or creative as i am now - perhaps if i stuck with sheik late though haha - playing an unconventional character causes a necessity for creative thought and massively patient playing eh?

kudos to your diddy n_n
Exactly my thoughts. Ppl always say just use marth. Playing roy made me a better player and understand ALOT faster........also bein a broken player doin stuff that doesnt make sense >_<

example is spiking with Roys fsmash..........yea only i could explain LMAO

And thanks for the support gimpy ^_^

-Mars-

Smash Hero
That set Deva had with DSF wasn't a fake unless Deva himself is a liar.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
I won't?

everyone needs someone to hate

baseball needs the yankees (who suck this year, suck it new york)

football needs the patriots

basketball needs the lakers, and resulting laker fans who know absolutely nothing about basketball

and smash needs someone like you, who wins a lot, so that people can root for an underdog

at least your name isn't synonymous with retardery, look at plank, he played so gay, everything gay that's found is named after him

It's cause right now you're first, and everyone wants the guy out of nowhere to win (mango is a great example of wtf underdogs, ninjalink too, cause he plays random characters)

that and people like to john about characters, which is pretty dumb. I got johns from some random cause i 2 stocked him with luigi, apparently the uppercut "is broke"

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Deva posted it himself in the Link boards after it happened. Apparently he ***** on Norfair because he can abuse 0-lag uairs and dairs with Link.

I guess if you want to question the integrity of Deva, which I don't think is something he would have risked for no reason.

Irow

Smash Ace
Wow, good **** NL. That was truly impressive.

Still, M2K is amazing - Even losing. I just have to say, shielding on Diddy gets you grabbed a lot. I saw that a lot in the set.

Man, I can't wait to show Nanerz this. NL's Diddy is so creative.

MK vs. Diddy is so hard... Gah!

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Wow, good **** NL. That was truly impressive.

Still, M2K is amazing - Even losing. I just have to say, shielding on Diddy gets you grabbed a lot. I saw that a lot in the set.

Man, I can't wait to show Nanerz this. NL's Diddy is so creative.

MK vs. Diddy is so hard... Gah!
Nanerz i dont think likes me so its best for him to find it on his own. I think its disrespect to him i guess.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
Ninjalink, you should quit whining about the people that don't like you, because for every one post that complains about you, there's a thousand others that compliment you. This thread is a fine example.

Good matches, I think you're just a closet Diddy main. Excellent gimp at the beginning, I didn't know it had that much hitstun drop from it. Or did MK just forget to jump? (edit, I see you actually footstooled him, nice)

Are the other matches going to be put up?

Irow

Smash Ace
No, don't worry. If you think Nanerz doesn't like you, he's just joking around.

He loves learning crap, and I'm sure he doesn't care past just some stupid pride. (Might be because you both use purple, or something dumb)

He won't take it as disrespect at all.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
No, don't worry. If you think Nanerz doesn't like you, he's just joking around.

He loves learning crap, and I'm sure he doesn't care past just some stupid pride. (Might be because you both use purple, or something dumb)

He won't take it as disrespect at all.
Idk. Ppl said i innovated diddy alot....he didnt take that so well :-P. At first he didnt have a problem but alot of debates and random threads said whos better me or him and ....things happened...so yea. If u said its alright then go ahead

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Idk. Ppl said i innovated diddy alot....he didnt take that so well :-P. At first he didnt have a problem but alot of debates and random threads said whos better me or him and ....things happened...so yea. If u said its alright then go ahead
Ninjalink. If it helps,

I LOVE YOU! (Comes with a free complimentary hug)

There will always be someone that dislikes you, you can't be loved by everybody. But let those who love ("like" if you're already getting this "gay' feeling) support and urge you one to overcome adversity shown by these so called "haters"

Anyway. 5 months ago I was deciding between Diddy and Falco. I stuck with Falco in the end due to my comfort in recovering since I played Falco in melee (I didn't know to side b first and aim the rockets properly).

Now, six months later, seeing you videos, I realised that Diddy was a much better playstyle for me (not to mention I'm getting tired of lasers/chaingrab being so linear- had fun with the shine through :D)

Watching you dominate the area with Diddy bananas just makes my mind blow.

[/Fanmail]

Top Bottom