• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NinjaLink's Diddy

Vall3y

Smash Lord
Nice diddy, altough you cant really tell from playing a bad pikachu on wifi
I'd like to see dribbling in action versus good players. I cant see how someone that knows it will fall for it. I didnt bother learning it myself so I couldnt experiment on myself.
Anyway I do think you're going maybe a little too fast, could be because you could fool aroudn and still three stock the guy, but for example why not use grab jabs? or in that gif, why dash attack after the banana hit in the end, bid your time and use the oppertunity for a smash not just throw out an attack asap

Sup Dawg

Smash Apprentice
I don't use diddy as I much as I should, but that vid has me itching to play as him the very next time I play Brawl. But sadly, I do not even own a Wii. I've had to rely on my friends to invite me over just to play against them. But they're not that good. So I end up winning most of the time.

As soon as I get a Wii, I going to collect and give away friend codes like crazy!

By the way, your diddy is by far the best one I've yet seen in an actual video. There aren't many things anyone can do to escape a diddy kong like yours. You are very good.

Sup Dawg

Smash Apprentice
Can you please post some videos of you fighting some good brawlers? Each one would make my day that much better.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
I can put up a **** load of vids like that if it were against people that don't know how to play Diddy lol. Like 0 to death combos and ****. I've done it in tournaments. The videos you want are against people that KNOW how to play a Diddy that way you know HOW to play a player like that.

Sup Dawg

Smash Apprentice
I can put up a **** load of vids like that if it were against people that don't know how to play Diddy lol. Like 0 to death combos and ****. I've done it in tournaments. The videos you want are against people that KNOW how to play a Diddy that way you know HOW to play a player like that.
Sounds good. I mean, I just wanna see someone that can pull those moves off against a pro.
'cause pro vs pro brawls are my kind of brawls. Pumps me up, ya know? Makes me want to get stronger each time I see one.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Sounds good. I mean, I just wanna see someone that can pull those moves off against a pro.
'cause pro vs pro brawls are my kind of brawls. Pumps me up, ya know? Makes me want to get stronger each time I see one.
Theres not really "pros" yet for brawl. Diddy has an advantage even against "pros" because not many "pros" have practiced against Diddys enough to learn how to play an even game with a Diddy. That pikachu was a good example. Even if that was an amazing pikachu, he/she obviously didn't know how to play against a Diddy. He says he 3 stocks m2k like that(doubtful) but if he does, then m2k doesn't know how to play a Diddy. Diddy isnt flawless if played right. No character is. I play Diddy just like he does. I can combo like that every game, sometimes better sometimes worse, but it's not a consistent 3 stock beating like that because my opponents know how to play me.

Example, I saw my friend John the other day and was like hey man still play brawl blah blah blah. Told him I got way better than before. He's like ya I play C. Falcon now and I was like man hes garbage. He's like naw man, hes good if you play him right. I told him man play me now and I'll show you why he is garbage. Next day we played and I 3 stocked him 4 games in a row. Barely got above 100%. Is it because he sucks at brawl period? Nah he just didn't know how to play my new Diddy. He did alright against my old Diddy.

Example 2, I use to beat my friend Michael consistently, and pretty bad just like John. Now Michael can beat me sometimes and I barely 3 stock him, if ever. It's because he knows how to play Diddy. He's probably the best one in the state at playing my Diddy, but he gets his *** beat by a good marth or ddd because he doesn't play them often or play a good one often.

It's character match ups. Pikachu got ***** because he either sucked period or he doesn't know how to play a Diddy. That match NL showed you didn't display reality in a tournament scene. It showed a beating on a noob. If you want those I can show you A LOT :]

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Jesus ****ing Christ...that was amazing. As a pikachu main, i would be scared ****less to fight you, your diddy is too good. My jaw dropped at the 2 dribbling parts, MINDGAMES UP TO ****ING HELL. I want to pick up diddy just because of this video.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Ninja: can you submit your results to Ankoku's character ranking list thingy?

Cause, lets raise Diddy up! HYPEEEEEEEEEe

BrawlBro

Smash Ace

I petition we keep diddy a secret so we dont have to deal with dumb diddy mirrors.

----

To save room im not going to qoute Noir, but I agree with everything he says about combos, character matchups...

Its a little frustrating that people look at this vid and say D00d combos! All diddys can combo like that, what interested me a lot more was the dribbling.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink

I told him on aim. i keep him posted
I petition we keep diddy a secret so we dont have to deal with dumb diddy mirrors.

----

To save room im not going to qoute Noir, but I agree with everything he says about combos, character matchups...

Its a little frustrating that people look at this vid and say D00d combos! All diddys can combo like that, what interested me a lot more was the dribbling.
Its the reason i kept this to myself for a long time.

ADHD

Smash Hero

----

We can post threads like the captain falcon board! "Is there any hope for diddy in tournaments?"

"Why is diddy so bad!"

"Diddy has no good matchups"

"Diddy has such bad priority"

"Everyone in tournies counters my naner play"

"I feel like jumping the boat"

That'll work :)

Or you could keep ZSS and luigi under your belt for the diddy dittos, ****...

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
LOL

Ok so from now on its an official rule to keep diddy a secret. We consider him to be bottom tier. Alphazealot bans you if you tell anyone of his awesomeness.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
rofl.

I mean, I've been telling people for months that Diddy is awesome...and they just shrug.

So, starting today, I will shut up about his awesomeness.

saberhof

Smash Master
^ alright diddy's, time to pwn in a secret alliance....everyone shrugs in the monkeys presence, we will show them...its not about the monkey...its about the bananas he can use....

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Diddy For Mid Tier ??

It's agreed then, everyone will cease to say how good Diddy is and his potential. But we shouldn't tell people that he is bottom tier, that might seem suspicious to some especially since i did that today and people were getting angry at me about that. (after i ***** them of course :laugh:) Instead lets just say that Diddy is like Mid Tier or something.

As far as the video goes it was pretty good, as most people would agree it would have been better if the opponent at least knew a little bit how to fight Diddy, guess he was just caught of guard, who knows. And I'm by far a faster player :) of course I gotta add my two cents in lolz and yea I know faster doesnt mean better. But I think im pretty good, I trained with Lambchops, and Linguini in melee, and still play chops in brawl but yea nice dribbbbbbbbbbbbbling.

Someone please P.M. and instruct me on how to put up vids!!!!! Thanks and I know there are a million threads on this (and i have read a lot of them but...) but can any one help me out on the match up vs a very aggressive MK? Thanks in advanced.

-Advent

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Aggresive MKs are the easy ones. The campy ones are hard.
Teach me because I have no problems against the campy ones unless they are just a totally better/smarter than me. However against aggressive ones that knows good pressuring techs its hard for me. Im not the type of Diddy that fully relies on bananas but aggressive MK put a lot of pressure on me on the stage and has really good follow ups off the stage, so sometimes I get gimped at low percents, its just hard for me to see options or mix it up against BEASTLY MK. Like when M2k was down here for Fast1, yeh.....he is pretty good....

-aaddvveenntt

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
And i beat M2K wit diddy so yea.....friendly...so what. Anyway. Just lay traps for him. Just state the real problems

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
*The Diddy Secrecy Oath*

I hereby pledge an oath that I will not speak of the awesomeness of Diddy Kong henceforth.
I will maintain on all accounts that despite any and all accounts of utter pwnage are merely the results of luck, randomness that cannot be easily reproduced, or any combination of circumstances that would imply any amount of player skill or character ability could engineer a level of great Diddy Kong play ability.

I will uphold that Diddy Kong's naners are so much of a double edged sword that any smart player would never use them, and a player that uses them (Like myself) is a n00b. I will preach that it is merely an unexplainable consequence that Diddy's aerials are of any use when spaced correctly and used conjunction with banana peels and I shall make all others believe that Diddy's glide toss is amongst the worst in the game when compared (In length) to other characters.

However, I will always remember that Diddy Kong is the best character in Brawl.
No exceptions. Not even for Metaknight.

:laugh:

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
The Oath !!!!!!!

*The Diddy Secrecy Oath*

I hereby pledge an oath that I will not speak of the awesomeness of Diddy Kong henceforth.
I will maintain on all accounts that despite any and all accounts of utter pwnage are merely the results of luck, randomness that cannot be easily reproduced, or any combination of circumstances that would imply any amount of player skill or character ability could engineer a level of great Diddy Kong play ability.

I will uphold that Diddy Kong's naners are so much of a double edged sword that any smart player would never use them, and a player that uses them (Like myself) is a n00b. I will preach that it is merely an unexplainable consequence that Diddy's aerials are of any use when spaced correctly and used conjunction with banana peels and I shall make all others believe that Diddy's glide toss is amongst the worst in the game when compared (In length) to other characters.

OWNED!!! I second this lolz.:p

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
*The Diddy Secrecy Oath*

I pledge.

Make this a seperate thread lol

Top Bottom