• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NinjaLink's Link

sasook

Smash Champion
For someone who doesn't even play Link, that is godly O_o. Heck, for someone who even plays Link, that's godly.

Omg, if we could get CO18 and Ninjalink to use Link in tourneys......

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
2:07-2:12 on the second vid was a nicee "combo". And the edgeguarding at 4:28-4:34 was pretty cool, you threw like 6 items in 6 seconds. Great stuff overall.

umm...main him. lol

edit: oh yea, the music on the last vid was pro.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Your Link is ok, you are still making a lot of beginners mistakes and not really using your ATs though. Last stock of the third match you could have killed MK with an upthrow but you did a << throw. Like, you just need to play more matches with Link and get used to all of the weird "Link" things to know.

MK dieing to a bomb during that grab.... HILARIOUS.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
For someone who doesn't even play Link, that is godly O_o. Heck, for someone who even plays Link, that's godly.

Omg, if we could get CO18 and Ninjalink to use Link in tourneys......
Well, his Link there isn't nearly as good as the people trying to place at the moment. Having more people playing Link in the competitive scene would be good though for Link though, we have like 10 people that have placed period, and that is a sad sad thing. Hell, I can probably give you a list right now.

Arkivezero, Izaw, Deva, Legan, Edge (me), Matt (friend of mine, who I forgot what his alias was), Ayalilith or whoever that guy's name was, 2 dudes in australia, and that might be it...

Finns7

Smash Ace
Good ****, I like the reverse grab attempt its a move sleeped on. Fighting meta is a ***** on lylat

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
You are pretty random with those Bombs. You just seem to throw them out there and hope for the best. Admittedly sometimes the best did happen but you also exploderised yourself just as much as your opponent. Did you have an actual plan behind the seemingly random throwing all the time?

Very good stuff on the hitty stuff though, that and the living to high percents I was expecting a lot more Gimps in a MK vs Link game...

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Oh snap those were awesome bomb mindgames. Throw them both up, then catch the first one you threw and throw it at the opponent...

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
A very fine entrance to the character used only by REAL Smashers. Make us proud, NinjaLink, make us pround.

Be sure to work on keeping yourself safe during recovery a bit more and try to use bombs more efficiently.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Are there any characters that you AREN'T totally awesome with?

I dare you to pick up Sonic. You can't handle it.

:093:

Hue

Smash Cadet
I won't give advice as to what would have been the ideal move at any point in time, as that kind of advice is mostly useless, but here are my general impressions of your Link. Try to jump more when you pull out bombs. I find jumping really useful to Link's spam game for some reason, partly because if you full hop and pull out a bomb you can do a quick draw arrow as you land, which helps a bit. If you short hop when you throw your bombs, you can also quick draw. Jumping also helps keep you mobile.

Gale Boomerang is awesome, use it a lot (it may not help much against Metaknight, but a galerang against recovering opponents or when you are recovering can help a lot). Up tilt is a great move, use it a lot. Nair is a great move, use it a lot. I like your use of Dair, you seem to have a good feel for when you won't get punished for using it. Fsmash is great for spacing and mindgames, don't worry too much about it becoming stale.

When you're edgeguarding, I cannot stress strongly enough how much slow-falled Dairs own. Just full hop off the stage, float down, and watch things die. Dropped (not thrown) bombs also are awesome, as is the Gale Boomerang.

I suggest you learn to be comfortable with Link's Pivot Boosting, Jab locking and DAC. I don't really approve of using DAC in most situations as it's so easily punishable, but it's a good skill to have. Pivot Boosting and Craq Walking helps Link's mobility a lot. Jab locking is awesome, if only to set up a kill.

Random stuff...Um a Zair close to the ground right before you land combos into a Fsmash (or other things, but Fsmash is easiest). At low percents sometimes you can chain a few back throws together by pivot grabbing. Dthrow > Bair is good. If you jump from a ledge on a flat stage, use your second jump and do a rising Dair, it autocancels (it's a surprisingly effective mindgame).

You have a great start for maining Link, the only other thing I have to say is stick with it and practice. Watch Legan, Deva, Arkive Zero and Izaw if you haven't, and in general just familiarize yourself with Link, and you'll be awesome.

Welcome to the Link boards! We hope your stay is enjoyable and full of awesome.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Link was the first character i figured out besides zelda during jpn release. not being a jerk but this isnt my first time using link. He was my first character.

lilmister

Smash Apprentice
This makes my link look insignificant :laugh: nah i kid. These vids are awesome! Haha wow I can't get enough of 1:50 on the second match lol! I've never seen so many projectiles used at one time...very nice.
Way to represent Link!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
lolololol@a nobody telling NinjaLink how to play Brawl.

As an aside:

Wtf, mangz? First I see you on the Lucas boards, now here? I don't even go to smashboards that often, and you're everywhere. Not cool.

Hue

Smash Cadet
Link was the first character i figured out besides zelda during jpn release. not being a jerk but this isnt my first time using link. He was my first character.
Ah ok, I figured you had just started with Link as I'd never seen you on the Link boards before. I assumed as you were posting vids here you wanted critique, so I just posted what I thought. I hope I didn't offend. When I post when I'm tired I tend to ramble a lot.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Yeah, his old Link videos are pretty good too. At one point I think I considered posting one on the Video thread, I am not sure if I actually did or not, but that one was pretty old. Like those were probably more comparable with Deva's videos of that time.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
well yea. I discovered alot of ATs for link by myself. I dont go to char boards much which is why i didnt post anything. I wanted to keep everything for myself. I just posted those incase anyone needed to see how link is supposed to beat MK or whatever.

Adding a vid on the first page.

Izaw

Smash Ace
You should totally play me at Genesis man :D, would be great and fun.

Also good link man

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Which ATs did you discover yourself?
Most of the stuff izaw made in his video i knew about already. The bow cancel, the zairing with bomb in hand, the double jab to anything etc. Link was the first char i did figure out being he was my original main in melee before goin to roy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHkzdUtdDBA older vid around may. Last kill is hilarious. All planned out rofl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlWcgK3hvu8 around february but sadly i deleted my older brawl vids cause i didnt want them online. This is prolly one of the few left.

Izaw

Smash Ace
Most of the stuff izaw made in his video i knew about already. The bow cancel, the zairing with bomb in hand, the double jab to anything etc. Link was the first char i did figure out being he was my original main in melee before goin to roy.
Well then start maining Link man ;)

DeTa

Smash Apprentice
NinjaLink's going to beat all the brawlers in the world with their own mains

Top Bottom