• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ninjas of the Shadow: The Sheik Clan

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Hey glad to see you guys are up and running well :D

I have some friends who are picking up sheik so I'm gonna send them in this direction.

(For those of you who are curious i'm one of the mods from the Twilight Heroes)

And again if you need any help with advertising (or anything else) we are more than willing to help out :)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I can make sig banners, if you'd really like, though I'm not going to be in the clan.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Chaindude: I think we may have missed it because I was in another clan's thread and it said something about needing their rep and it was about a week ago. I may be wrong though. If you have any other info about it then that would be good.

Blueriku: Come on can you atleast spell my name right:laugh:. Anyways yea we def need to because I played you right when brawl came out and I wasn't too good. I'd like to see how far I have come since then and see how you are as well.

snapcracklepop*: Sadly said location is closed and isn't making sigs anymore. I also don't want to take it without them being aware of it.

Ankoku: Thanks for the offer but I believe there are already 3 or so people willing to do it already.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
hey i finally got a good idea for the sig is there anything you would like it to say

noob question but how would i post it lol

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
You can upload it to a photobucket account and then use the img code in a post to show it to us.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
You can upload it to a photobucket account and then use the img code in a post to show it to us.
alright i will get to work on that!

anything you want it to say other then the name of the clan/advertisment

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Unless you have any cool phrases that you want to run by me (or not it's up to you) then I am fine with just the name and some pictures.

Ninjack

Smash Cadet
Name (On SWF): Ninjack
Brawl FC: 51112-3156-6369
Wi-Fi name: Jack
Why you should be allowed into the Alliance (This is just to see if you care): Becuase Sheik is one of my main characters and i would like to imrpove my play as her, so i think joining this clan and playing with other sheik players and learning other people tactics will help me to improve my Sheik playing
Favorite Color (Costume): Green/Black

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to the clan Ninjack.

Everybody: Ninjack is new to Sheik so I hope we can all help him improve his game with her. If you have any advice for him, he has a thread called "New to Sheik" where you can give him some advice or you can post it here. Obviously any new techniques or tricks you learn can be shared here as well.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
A basic technique I'm sure you all know :p
Forward tilt a couple times and then grab. you wouldnt think about it if you played as her in melee because f tilt sent you up and set up for a fair. But in brawl this is just an easy combo to set up for a grab and keep the damage going :D

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
My personal tactics never use tilts. I prefer air games along with smashes. A lot of people are dumb enough to forget that the forward smash has 2 hits and things such as up+b now have kill potential.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Just remember, if you want to use a character to its full potential, moves such as tilts are needed. They set up with combos and chains and can lead into those smashes and finishing moves. but also you have to play your own style (thats what makes us unique). So if you can play a good sheik without tilts I would love to see it (not sarcastic, I really do think that would be cool.)

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
My personal tactics never use tilts. I prefer air games along with smashes. A lot of people are dumb enough to forget that the forward smash has 2 hits and things such as up+b now have kill potential.
I would say your tactics would then need work, because her tilts are crazy good. FTilt is a combo monster and the DTilt is perfect for approaching under laser spams and other such things. It's especially useful against Falco as her crawl goes under the lasers AND his reflector.

...not to say you can't do well without them, but you will do better with them. Sheik can be shield grabbed between the first and second hits of her FSmash and the Up+B is OKAY for killing people, but if you miss you are left somewhat vulnerable to attack afterwards.

Incorporating the tilts into your game would also give you more of a mix up to throw at people when they start catching on to how you play. that being said, there's also such a thing as using the tilts too much, especially the FTilt if you become too predictable, but that just solidifies the point that you should keep all of Sheik's arsenal in mind when playing her.

Ninjack

Smash Cadet
thanks for the help guys, it's already starting to pay off. I was up against my friend today and he was being Donkey Kong, and i completely owned his ***, i have a video on youtube so you can see my tactics and tell me where i am going wrong, but the quality is quite poor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPN02SGb-nE

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
I throw tilts in once I become too predictable but I often wait a life or so until I read their tactics and modify mine to counter theirs.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Hey, this is Terywj; leader of the Twilight Heroes. AKA your ally.

Just stopping by to say hi. Hope your clan is coming along nicely.

-Ter

SheikahKun

Smash Rookie
Name (On SWF): SheikahKun
Brawl FC: 1891 0859 4975
Wi-Fi name: PRN
Why you should be allowed into the Alliance (This is just to see if you care): Devoted Sheik user, I'm not new here, (new account btw), becoming an active user.
Favorite Color (Costume): Original.

Ninjack

Smash Cadet
hey, i just need some quick advice regarding Sheik's finishing moves

whats a good move to blast you're enemy out of the stage at a decent percentage?

Caoirol

Smash Rookie
Hey Kricu, just dropped by and glad to see things are going well in here for you. We need to play a few more matches soon, I need to play the infamous Sonic....

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
Your USmash is Sheik's best KO move, and the fact that you can glide across the stage either a short distance or a long distance gives it a bit more utility to. Unfortunately, for Sheik the opponent still need to be above about 120% for a connected USmash to kill, and even then it will not take out certain characters.

...other then that, Vanish, BAir and FAir have a decent chance of killing above 130% if you haven't been spamming them so much as to be wrecked by diminishing returns.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
I also suggest uair just because it is sweet and depending on how high they are , it can kill. I also like fsmash just because it has some descent knockback if you can connect well enough. If they are off the stage to the left or right you can always gimp their recover with fair or if you think you can (and its risky so I wouldn't try it) jump on their head. I'm sure you have all realized that if you jump when you are right on top of somebody you push off of their head for another jump and they get pushed down. It's not a good idea but it is embarassing if somebody dies from that.

SheikahBlood

Smash Cadet
Name:SheikahBlood
Brawl FC:3265-5138-1537
Wi-Fi name:Ky
Why i should be allowed into Alliance:I love Sheik and would like to make friends with other Sheik users.
Favorite Color (Costume):Original

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Name:SheikahBlood
Brawl FC:3265-5138-1537
Wi-Fi name:Ky
Why i should be allowed into Alliance:I love Sheik and would like to make friends with other Sheik users.
Favorite Color (Costume):Original
Yay we have another new member. Welcome to the clan.

@Brawler9477:

I didn't experience a ton of lag but I know what you mean. I've actually worked on my Sheik a bit since then and I think I now have that killing issue solved.

@Everybody:
I'm working on the separate forum that will have a chat box so we can easily set up matches.

Villi

Smash Lord
Name (On SWF): Villi
Brawl FC: 0903 2402 2676
Wi-Fi name: Sam
Why you should be allowed into the Alliance (This is just to see if you care): Sheik is a good character and it would be nice to compare notes with other people who are also good with her. Keeping up with other Sheiks definitely seems like a good way to improve my skills.
Favorite Color (Costume): Pink

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Name (On SWF): Villi
Brawl FC: 0903 2402 2676
Wi-Fi name: Sam
Why you should be allowed into the Alliance (This is just to see if you care): Sheik is a good character and it would be nice to compare notes with other people who are also good with her. Keeping up with other Sheiks definitely seems like a good way to improve my skills.
Favorite Color (Costume): Pink
Hey welcome to the clan. Hopefully we can help you improve your skills.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
ok this is my pathetic attempt to make a conversation...

does anyone think sheik will return in a future legend of zelda because of her popularity?

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
As much as I love Sheik, I don't think she will return. Zelda's disguise no longer has a purpose other than to fool Link and its already been done. I think that it is sad how she only appeared in one LOZ game and is now known only to Brawlers and OOT players. Of course most people who play brawl know nothing about her and think that she is a male.

Worldkaos

Smash Cadet
Name (On SWF): Worldkaos
Brawl FC: 3523-1699-7962
Wi-Fi name: Chaos, Kaos, Khaos etc...
Why you should be allowed into the Alliance (This is just to see if you care): I've been playing with Shiek a lot more recently and would like to be able to discuss and train tactics with other Shieks.
Favorite Color (Costume): Black or Green

Top Bottom