• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ninjas of the Shadow: The Sheik Clan

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
haha thanks. I have activated the 3 accounts that were registered (Chaindude, Squidster and Subeinu). If the three of you can, check out what I have up and see what you have access to and what you don't have access to. This will help me in determining what I need to fix.

@Subeinu - I was wondering if you are interested in helping out with the clan wars that is currently taking place. It is basically just a game of risk that involves matches to determine who takes over a location on the subspace map. If you are interested, send me a pm so we can set up a match and I can see how good you are. The only reason that I need to know that is because we have an open position and I am curious if you have the skill level to fill that spot.

KSUkid

Smash Apprentice
Hey Kricu, since you're on right now, would you mind giving me a quick match/2?

and btw, I'm not getting anywhere when I go to that url :dizzy:

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
haha thanks. I have activated the 3 accounts that were registered (Chaindude, Squidster and Subeinu). If the three of you can, check out what I have up and see what you have access to and what you don't have access to. This will help me in determining what I need to fix.

@Subeinu - I was wondering if you are interested in helping out with the clan wars that is currently taking place. It is basically just a game of risk that involves matches to determine who takes over a location on the subspace map. If you are interested, send me a pm so we can set up a match and I can see how good you are. The only reason that I need to know that is because we have an open position and I am curious if you have the skill level to fill that spot.
alright i'll check it out so far i got access to everything on the home page

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
@ KSUKid: Yea for some reason last night when I was going to it the screen was all white. It is working now. As for the matches, I'm sorry I didn't have an opportunity to play you, I had a friend over and just jumped on the forum to do a quick message check and didn't see your post until this morning.

@Chaindude: Ok thats good. I wasn't sure about certain things on it. Examples being the clan wars stuff. I couldn't find how to only allow access to a specific group. I did find it though so everything should be working as planned. I added you to the clan warriors group as well so you should have access to the clan wars board.

In regards to the new forum, does anybody have a sweet picture that is big enough to use as the background image without having to make the image tile? I took a few pictures last night of sheik while playing brawl but the images were too small to fill the entire background without having to tile.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
@Chaindude: Ok thats good. I wasn't sure about certain things on it. Examples being the clan wars stuff. I couldn't find how to only allow access to a specific group. I did find it though so everything should be working as planned. I added you to the clan warriors group as well so you should have access to the clan wars board.

In regards to the new forum, does anybody have a sweet picture that is big enough to use as the background image without having to make the image tile? I took a few pictures last night of sheik while playing brawl but the images were too small to fill the entire background without having to tile.
well everything seems to work except the log me in automaticly or it's just me

would the pic in the op here work for that?

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Alright I'll check out the log in automatically. I know it works for me but there may be an option that would allow it to work for you. And I will check on the picture in the op. Also I am leaving for vacation on the 19th and won't be getting back until the 26th/27th so I will need somebody to take my place for matches as well as somebody to take my place for sending CorruptFate the pm for our moves for the week.

So that means we need to determine the next best member of the clan and I think I will be leaving Chaindude in charge for the week because he seems the most active and seems to think somewhat like I do.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
Alright I'll check out the log in automatically. I know it works for me but there may be an option that would allow it to work for you. And I will check on the picture in the op. Also I am leaving for vacation on the 19th and won't be getting back until the 26th/27th so I will need somebody to take my place for matches as well as somebody to take my place for sending CorruptFate the pm for our moves for the week.

So that means we need to determine the next best member of the clan and I think I will be leaving Chaindude in charge for the week because he seems the most active and seems to think somewhat like I do.
thats was a surprise :laugh: or maybe you think like me and not the other way around >.>
where are you goin for vacation?

but in all seriousness did SUB ever answer your pm?

did we confirm the moves we made this week and already send them for this week and just gotta send for the week after?

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Going to Myrtle Beach, SC.

Yes SUB did talk to me via AIM. Only problem I see is possible lag issues with him being in Norway.

I am sending him the pm for our move because I got home not too long ago and my bro was on the computer.

Brawler9477

Smash Apprentice
East coast of Canada, West Island of Montreal
*sigh* here it goes....
I must be in some kind of trouble for not being active, but ive been moving so Mommy needs me alot more then before( alot more help needed). Just started to get back into smash after awhile. Sorry for not being active. Please forgive me :)

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Brawler don't worry about it. You had a good reason so it isn't like I'm going to be annoyed or anything.

KRD the clan wars are going fine and I know you checked out the social group so you should know everything.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
If you haven't tried sending him a pm then I would try that first. If that doesn't work I can try and find him because I think he uses AIM. Otherwise I can contact him and tell him to send you a pm. And best of luck to your clan as well.

jakovin

Smash Rookie
Hi, i'm new in the forums and i would like to enter your clan, so here is my info

Name (On SWF):jakovin
Brawl FC:4596 9163 2825
Wi-Fi name:cobo
Why you should be allowed into the Alliance (This is just to see if you care):well, i really enjoy playing as sheik and i main her since i got brawl, and i want to improve my game
Favorite Color (Costume): the blue one with red scarf

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Alright welcome to the clan. I have set up a separate forum as well. I am going to add a link to my signature so it is easier to access. I advise that you join that as well because hopefully it will become more useful than smashboards.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
hi i'm officially in the clan but haven't found the time to get really active, thats gonna change now hopefully. whats the website that you set up?

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
The link is in my signature (the word "here"). All it is is a separate forum that I set up and I will be adding a chat room to it. I know another clan that I am kind of in has a chat room and it is very successful. The members have gotten to become friends if that is the proper word for it. Also if it becomes popular, it will make setting up matches against each other much easier.

Arigon

Smash Apprentice
Hey Kricu i would love to join you guys.

On ssb i played fox
On melee i ALWAYS played shiek.
On ssbb i played pit for a while when it first came out then i played fox for a while after that, and i am just now re-picking up shiek.

Hoping to go hard core shiek once again.

Edit>>oh yeah and my brawl friend code thingamajig is 1633-3859-4188

skiip

Smash Rookie
Name: right now its cRiiz planning on changing it
Brawl FC: 3437-4778-4244
Why you should be allowed into the Alliance: because i main sheik and she has been one of my favourites since melee i would also like to learn some usefull combos
Favorite Color: black

i also main link and wolf

ninja218

Smash Rookie
hey whats up guys, in about ten days i'll be back online so hopefully i can register you all. but is it only going to be shiek v shiek or do ya plan on playing with your other mains?

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
The link is in my signature (the word "here"). All it is is a separate forum that I set up and I will be adding a chat room to it. I know another clan that I am kind of in has a chat room and it is very successful. The members have gotten to become friends if that is the proper word for it. Also if it becomes popular, it will make setting up matches against each other much easier.
You are a part of our chat, yes.
The chat is highly successful and more useful than the forum itself.
And, yes, friends is a proper word, kthnx.
:]

Glad to see your clan's growing.
Good Luck with your tournament thing that I forgot the name of.
And, as always, head over to our chat. It's been too long.
Anyone else is welcome as well :D It's not really a Zelda only chat anymore.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Hey Kricu i would love to join you guys.

On ssb i played fox
On melee i ALWAYS played shiek.
On ssbb i played pit for a while when it first came out then i played fox for a while after that, and i am just now re-picking up shiek.

Hoping to go hard core shiek once again.

Edit>>oh yeah and my brawl friend code thingamajig is 1633-3859-4188
Name: right now its cRiiz planning on changing it
Brawl FC: 3437-4778-4244
Why you should be allowed into the Alliance: because i main sheik and she has been one of my favourites since melee i would also like to learn some usefull combos
Favorite Color: black

i also main link and wolf
Welcome to the clan guys

well hippy i have been in the chat the past two nights but have not seen you anywhere.

skiip

Smash Rookie
thanks for accepting me into the clan ill be online shortly and ill add you to my friend roster :)

Arigon

Smash Apprentice
^^^^^^ Yep kricu what skiip above me said ^^^^^^

Thanks

oh and sorry didnt see this when i first came into this thread

Name (On SWF): Arigon or Ari for short
Brawl FC: You already have this
Wi-Fi name: Ari
Why you should be allowed into the Alliance (This is just to see if you care): Played shiek a lot in melee and played ocarina of time and some other zelda games.
Favorite Color (Costume):Black/White mixed outfit

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Alright thanks for the update. It really just makes it easier for me to put the information into the FC list.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Hey i still have trouble with lag, does everybody just try to play through it or do you avoid matches if you know there is going to be a little lag? Obviously it is harder for people to show what they can do when you can't react in the time that you normally would and i also found that with lag it becomes a lot harder to effectively use mindgames.

Arigon

Smash Apprentice
Ick i hate lag in wifi it really is hard to play full strength if u get hit under stage and use chain trying to break a shield your still looking at through lag lol.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
there is a theory that if you do something about your router and other various stuff and adding the wii's address to something in your router that it gets rid of lag. I'll try and find what I'm talking about because my description could be describing what it is that you need to do but it could also mean putting a walrus on your router while having a squirrel play brawl with a classic controller.

Arigon

Smash Apprentice
What your saying makes sence, i THINK that you are able to input the address through your computer wirelessly (or hardwired if thats the case) but im not positive, ill do some research also.

ps. kricu, was wondering if you had any vids of your shiek i could see =)

Villi

Smash Lord
Not dloading uploading stuff keeps your connection stable. That's no lag spikes at least even though distance will still give you more button delay.

I usually have green connections with people on the West Coast. There's very minimal button delay, but still enough that it's very difficult to punish rolls without having to predict them with no visual cues. That's risky cause then you have to commit to chasing someone camping in the lag. Powershielding spam is soso easy with no button delay, but annoyingly difficult online.

I only play people close to me unless it's someone I really want to play from the forums, just to avoid frustration.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Sorry Arigon I have no videos. The only camera that was capable of recording video straight from the tv was stolen while I was skiing. Also I don't have any videos of me within the 3 minute time limit that they were stupid enough to include. Well I have none of my Sheik but I do have a couple Jigglypuff videos. Aside from all that I don't know if there is a way to convert the wii video into non-wii video. I will see if I can find a camera around my house that has the ability to capture the image on the tv but sadly I doubt I do and I have no money to buy anything at this point in time.

airius

Smash Cadet
speaking of the jiggly, i was reading their forums (i play a little jigs every now and then) and they seem to have the general consensus that one of the only characters worse than her is sheik. I thought it was good for a laugh

KRDsonic

Smash Master
yeah, I've been seeing a lot of people calling sheik bottom tier. At least that gives me the advantage in that no one can john against me and people will expect me to play worse than I really do when they see sheik.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Wait hold up. They think that the only character worse than jiggles is Sheik? Wow have they not heard of the sonic tier? (for those who don't know I absolutely love sonic) Besides I thought it was a general thought that yoshi was pretty crappy. Anyways I'm not a huge fan of tier lists so I generally ignore them and just play with whomever I like to play as.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
hey guys im back =D

jiggs better then sheik lolwut?

anyways if you care about tiers yoshi and c falcon are considered the worst ATM but i prefer to ignore the tier list =D

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
sonic tier hellz yea =D

so much fun to **** ppl with so called crap characters =D

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Top Bottom