• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo 3DS

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'd be fine if it isn't Metroid if Nintendo's idea of Metroid is still Other M.
I wonder why the Other M didn't quite catch the people's eye, even so Nintendo may be planning something for it's 25th annivesary of Metroid, maybe a classic title remake?

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No, I was referring to if they announced a remake for some old Metroid game. Not Other M lol.
Super Metroid would be the only one I'd care about.

Other than an awesome Metroid 2 remake, but that ain't happening

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Super Metroid is amazing, but I don't think a remake of a 16-bit era game alone this late into the years would do the series justice.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Super Metroid is amazing, but I don't think a remake of a 16-bit era game alone this late into the years would do the series justice.
What if they make it 3D with he ability to go into 3rd person view?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I fail to see the relevance of such a "feature" for Super Metroid.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I fail to see the relevance of such a "feature" for Super Metroid.
Taking a classic and reimagining it as a modern Metroid game.

They could even make it so it isn't simply 2.5 D, having some areas expanded.

Kind of like Other M, if it didn't suck so much.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'd rather have a new Metroid game given how much Other M was a disappointment to the general fan base (leave Team Ninja to do that).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd rather have a new Metroid game given how much Other M was a disappointment to the general fan base (leave Team Ninja to do that).
It was mostly the story and how they portrayed Samus than the actual gameplay itself

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Correct. I was perfectly fine with the gameplay, but Team Ninja is known to be story oriented. They definitely screwed it up in Other M, and they are screwing it up in the DMC reboot.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I just went ahead and purchased a 3DS today with StarFox coming out on friday. I don't have any games for it yet, but I'm pretty excited. From what I've seen so far the 3D is pretty amazing (even though I've yet to play a game...)

I'm about to take a look at the eshop. No idea whats actually on it yet, but do any of you guys have any recommendations that may hold me over til friday?

OmegaXXII

I just went ahead and purchased a 3DS today with StarFox coming out on friday. I don't have any games for it yet, but I'm pretty excited. From what I've seen so far the 3D is pretty amazing (even though I've yet to play a game...)

I'm about to take a look at the eshop. No idea whats actually on it yet, but do any of you guys have any recommendations that may hold me over til friday?
Well, its depends what you like, what type of genres are you into?

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I play a lot of stuff but I really enjoy the classics. I also enjoy platformers, shooters, etc.

I looked at the store though, and there was a lot less on there than I would have expected. Looks as if I may just be waiting until Friday to get much use out of my 3DS... :/ I can't wait for Mario Kart to come out though :D

OmegaXXII

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Did you guys read the link you are posting?

"This isn't exactly confirmed yet, but our usual flying get leak sources are saying that Famitsu has a first look this week at Monster Hunter 3G, a 3DS entry in the Monster Hunter series. The game will reportedly retain the water elements of Wii's Monster Hunter 3 and will offer local wireless play. A release is planned for the end of the year.

The 3DS title has been highly rumored, so this news wouldn't be too much of a surprise. If true, it would represent the first time the series has appeared on a portable system other than PSP (and iPhone, if that counts).

Famitsu also has details on a new first party Nintendo peripheral that expands the 3DS with a second slide pad. This attaches next to the system's face buttons.

We'll hopefully have glorious confirmation or shameful debunkment (or possibly a bit of each!) a bit."

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Huh.

WELL.

Sounds like we'll need a sooner than thought redesign, because that looks clunky as ****. And while only MH TriG is the only one to make use of it right now, I'm sure more developers will try to incorporate it.

I think they're adding extra L and R buttons to that, but am unsure.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Wow, I wonder if that would make the 3DS fatter than the Vita.

I'm still confused why they are adding this. I mean...unless they added shooters to the 3DS, I don't see a reason to have two analog sticks for the current games that are out. StarFox sure...but even then.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It's a Monster Hunter Tri G exclusive peripheral.

From what I understand.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
It's a Monster Hunter Tri G exclusive peripheral.

From what I understand.
Still though, something like that looks like a great excuse to make a new model and have everyone buy a new DS. It will probably turn into more than that eventually...

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nevermind, from what I'm being told elsewhere, this will be a peripheral that will be sold separately and will cost around $10.

It will also be bundled with the Monster Hunter game.

Of course there's going to be a redesign. But that's a given with a Nintendo handheld (if not most gaming devices altogether)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is that a docking station AND second circle pad?

Edit: How about a DKCR 3DS Nintendo? Not a remake of the wii one, but a new one in the series altogether.

I want a darker, maybe pirate themed DKCR2. With kremlins added.

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
Nintendo should just release the re-design already. I mean they've already made a mess, better to fix it now for the holiday season buyers and turn a new leaf before they dig their hole any deeper.

Top Bottom