• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo 64 Controller with a Hori Joystick

freekazoid

Smash Cadet
Nintendo 64 Controller with a Hori Joystick. I thought it would be a good idea. I like the Hori Joystick but I can't get used to the way it feels in my hand. So I had a idea, why not put a Hori Joystick on a Nintendo 64 Controller. Has anybody thought about or tried this? How did it work? Have any pictures?

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Nintendo 64 Controller with a Hori Joystick. I thought it would be a good idea. I like the Hori Joystick but I can't get used to the way it feels in my hand. So I had a idea, why not put a Hori Joystick on a Nintendo 64 Controller. Has anybody thought about or tried this? How did it work? Have any pictures?
this is a cool idea actually. And yes droc put lodgenet joysticks in 64 controllers but it's not the same exact stick as the hori obvy

T Brett

Smash Journeyman
freekazoid freekazoid if you get into this project, I'm very interested in learning all you know about the hori stick cause I got one but the stick is broken and only registers movement in one axis. I think it's a physical problem.

good luck

freekazoid

Smash Cadet
this is a cool idea actually. And yes droc put lodgenet joysticks in 64 controllers but it's not the same exact stick as the hori obvy
Thanks, it is a cool idea! How's droc's Lodgenet mod fare? It must play amazing! That looks like a perfect solution. Not saying the N64's OEM stick doesn't rock already lol. Does droc have any videos on how it plays, how did it work out? Thanks for the info on the Lodgenet, this is my first time seeing or hearing about it and it looks great.

Last edited:

freekazoid

Smash Cadet
freekazoid freekazoid if you get into this project, I'm very interested in learning all you know about the hori stick cause I got one but the stick is broken and only registers movement in one axis. I think it's a physical problem.

good luck
If I make this mod I will upload a tutorial for the community! And say how it played out. What other sticks are great for Smash other than obv the Hori and the Lodgenet?

Last edited:

Indefa

Smash Apprentice
If I make this mod I will upload a tutorial for the community! And say how it played out. What other sticks are great for Smash other than obv the Hori and the Lodgenet?
I made myself a Lodgenet controller earlier this year. The stick feels pretty nice, however I ran into an issue where I would flick down to fastfall and my stick would register a jump. This has also happened with another hori of mine for seemingly no reason. My guess is just something physically wrong with the sticks but I don't know enough about hori sticks to say what. (Lodgenet sticks are Hori brand in-case you didn't know)

A test showing my flicking down on my Lodgenet controller
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf7H5U1J2QI

Slow mo of my logenet stick being flicked
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEk_i3rP2YI

Last edited:

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Thanks, it is a cool idea! How's droc's Lodgenet mod fare? It must play amazing! That looks like a perfect solution. Not saying the N64's OEM stick doesn't rock already lol. Does droc have any videos on how it plays, how did it work out? Thanks for the info on the Lodgenet, this is my first time seeing or hearing about it and it looks great.
i bought one of drocs lodgenet controllers myself so i can tell you that it works great however there are a few small issues for me. It's a bit more sensitive than the oem stick which makes quick tilts and falling uairs ect a bit more difficult for me. All in all its a stick that i really like for ness but not as much for my pika. Never had the issue that Indefa is talking about

Top Bottom