• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Announces New 3DS with a C-Stick!

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I wanna say I'll buy this day one, but it's coming out even after Smash 3DS in the US, so... I mean what if Sakurai didn't even program for the game to use these extra buttons stuff? I know its' unlikely but still.

Honestly the bigger issue is that NNID's are ********, so as far as I know I cant transfer that info from system to system. Can't on Wii U's anyway.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I wanna say I'll buy this day one, but it's coming out even after Smash 3DS in the US, so... I mean what if Sakurai didn't even program for the game to use these extra buttons stuff? I know its' unlikely but still.

Honestly the bigger issue is that NNID's are ********, so as far as I know I cant transfer that info from system to system. Can't on Wii U's anyway.
1. Um, no. Sakurai clearly programmed those 'extra buttons' in, it was demonstrated in the direct.
2. Pretty sure you can transfer stuff from system to system.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
1. Um, no. Sakurai clearly programmed those 'extra buttons' in, it was demonstrated in the direct.
2. Pretty sure you can transfer stuff from system to system.
Oh cool, I haven't watched the direct so I didn't see that.

But I know for a fact that NNID's are locked to your one Wii U, (I've heard some real horror stories about purchases and stats lost forever due to bricked systems and no way to regain them thanks to Nintendo) so I'm just assuming it's the same way on the 3DS.

Fancy

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyChicken
Oh cool, I haven't watched the direct so I didn't see that.

But I know for a fact that NNID's are locked to your one Wii U, (I've heard some real horror stories about purchases and stats lost forever due to bricked systems and no way to regain them thanks to Nintendo) so I'm just assuming it's the same way on the 3DS.
System Transfers move your NNID data onto your new 3DS system. No problem here!

FumiQyn

Banned via Warnings
so, nintendo tells me i need this... why do i needs this? my 3ds is fine...

aS_Skyloft

Smash Rookie
NNID
aS_Hyrule
3DS FC
1006-1033-6453
I cant believe i'm gonna have to wait until 2015 to play Smash on an Xl. I was going to get an XL before smash but now I have to wait... at least I didn't get one sooner.

Suli Hyuga

Smash Cadet
It's not just the C-Stick. It's the customizable palettes, the battery life, the 3D Mode, the size increase, XENOBLADE CHRONICLES, a better CPU, built in amiibo, and a better screen for brighter colors.
All of that is great and all but be honest; after announcing this so damn late, do you think all of that matters at the moment? I mean, read the comments here, there are so many comments saying stuff like "wtf, i just bought a 3Ds and now they announced this?!" The late announcement was such a bad move by Nintendo. However, aslong as stores offer 3DS trade in for this new model then I don't mind.

MP8

Smash Journeyman
i have parents for that at this time in my life. (im not mooching im under 18)
There's little justification if one knows its a waste of money but goes through with it anyways just because someone else is paying for it. There's nothing wrong with having a sense of moderation or being responsible before being 18 years old. I'd rather my parents save their money in that case.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
There's little justification if one knows its a waste of money but goes through with it anyways just because someone else is paying for it. There's nothing wrong with having a sense of moderation or being responsible before being 18 years old. I'd rather my parents save their money in that case.

its my money, not theirs. i meant that they are paying for my essentials (food, clothes) and I pay for stuff like this.

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
If this thing has a C-Stick that works with Smash, It better be compatible with the Circle Pad Pro as well.

TheRage

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo really needs to consider rebranding this system to be their next-gen portable handheld. It would solve A LOT of problems.

OR

Just allow every 3DS owner to trade-in their systems for an equivalent 'new' 3DS at no additional cost. (while consecutively phasing out the old 3DS's.)

Last edited:

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
Nintendo really needs to consider rebranding this system to be their next-gen portable handheld. It would solve A LOT of problems.

OR

Just allow every 3DS owner to trade-in their systems for an equivalent 'new' 3DS at no additional cost. (while consecutively phasing out the old 3DS's.)
But a lot of us will want to do system transfers. The "trade in for a free new 3ds" thing wouldn't work at all for me.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
They could just let you transfer the system at the store.
Unless they are ready to let me play with my sd cards at the store on their computers (I have a couple retail games on my sd card that wouldn't fit on a 2 or 4 gb micro SD card.

Besides that, I'm gonna have to buy a micro SD card to regular sd card adapter, unless Nintendo figures something out.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Unless they are ready to let me play with my sd cards at the store on their computers (I have a couple retail games on my sd card that wouldn't fit on a 2 or 4 gb micro SD card.

Besides that, I'm gonna have to buy a micro SD card to regular sd card adapter, unless Nintendo figures something out.
You might just have to transfer the stuff from the SD card to the new SD card before you go buy the system. Also, shouldn't system transfer also transfer stuff from your SD card?

TheRage

Smash Apprentice

I was just thinking of the best possible options for Nintendo at this point. Have any other ideas?

Usopp

Smash Apprentice
Ive had a regular purple 3ds for almost 2 years now. Id get this new one if it came to america to play smash on. Since the 3ds version will be main way of playing until / if i ever get a wii u.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
I was just thinking of the best possible options for Nintendo at this point. Have any other ideas?
Not much. Because I have more data than a 2 or 4 gb sd card (or micro), I'm gonna have to buy a larger one as well.

I think I'll just wait a while for Nintendo to give us details on this

TheRage

Smash Apprentice
Not much. Because I have more data than a 2 or 4 gb sd card (or micro), I'm gonna have to buy a larger one as well.

I think I'll just wait a while for Nintendo to give us details on this
Yeah, I can agree with that.

geo1088

Smash Rookie
Meh... I could live without. Don't need C-stick, or ZL/ZR, and I never use 3D mode. Amiibo seems more like a gimmick than anything, though I could be wrong, but really, for me it's just battery life. Why hassle myself when my current one still works?

...But it's just so friggin' COOL!!!

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
Meh... I could live without. Don't need C-stick, or ZL/ZR, and I never use 3D mode. Amiibo seems more like a gimmick than anything, though I could be wrong, but really, for me it's just battery life. Why hassle myself when my current one still works?

...But it's just so friggin' COOL!!!
So why don't you just buy a 2ds if you never use 3d

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Hmmm... My old 3DS is broken (mostly works, but SD slot and cameras are broken)... but this isn't releasing until long, LONG after Smash 3DS in the US. This is kind of an awkward position (unless Smash 3DS doesn't require an SD card).

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
Hmmm... My old 3DS is broken (mostly works, but SD slot and cameras are broken)... but this isn't releasing until long, LONG after Smash 3DS in the US. This is kind of an awkward position (unless Smash 3DS doesn't require an SD card).
i think it will require one. to make extra data, probably. just send it in for repairs.

Spirst

So why don't you just buy a 2ds if you never use 3d
I don't know if that was a sarcastic response or not but portability seems to be a big factor in choosing a 3DS over the 2ds. The fact that you can close the lid to put it in sleep mode is a biggie.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Well, apparently Smash 3DS can only use C-stick controls with this New Nintendo 3DS.
In other words, the CPP isn't compatible with Smash. Just the New Nintendo 3DS' C-stick.

Last edited:

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
Why would they do that!? IT MAKES NO SENSE!

Top Bottom