• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Announces Players, Rules, More for E3 Invitational

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
well, my gc controller broke so i wasn't going to buy another one, but now, I might as well. Can I use these gc controllers as pro controllers? if so then i'm so getting to get one.

juddy96

Smash Lord
Well, I was kinda hoping to see more "familiar" faces, like Mew2King, Mang0, Armada, Dr.PP, Salem, Nairo, Ally, etc. I don't even know who are like half of those.

And for the rules, they want to show both casual and competitive sides of Smash. Very nicely done.

The best thing was the selection of announcers and the GameCube Adapter!
Dr.PP is there. That's EG PPMD aka Kevin Nanney.

DJ _ICE

Smash Apprentice
For those interested, the announced characters not playable at the invitational:

Ike
Charizard
Yoshi
Sheik
Diddy Kong
Lucario
Dedede
Toon Link
Peach
Luigi

Hopefully this saves someone some time.
No Yoshi for aMSa whyyyyyy

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Sadly Luigi won't be there (I really wanted to see if he got movement buffs), but the characters not playable in the demo make sense. They don't want any series oversaturated or anything.

The second I saw that it was an FFA with items on I fell out of my chair in laughter. So much despair ahahahahahahaa

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
IT'S ALL SO BEAUTIFUL! I WANNA CRY! I'M SO HYPE RIGHT NOW!

Also, I really ****ing want one of those controllers.

Last edited:

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
WTF IS THIS OoOoO!!!! I think I'm dreaming... I mean is this for REAL ??? The hype just intensified unlimited... I just can't believe it..... HOLY !!!!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
As people have said, this isn't perfect but this is 400 miles away from the way Nintendo dealt with Smash fans nearly a year ago when Melee almost wasn't allowed at Evo. I will say though that I would probably empty my bank account to see Reggie dressed up as Captain Falcon do a flying knee right to Geoff's balls on stage.

Fig Newton

Smash Cadet
NNID
Figglypuff
Looking back at the new GameCube controller, they might as well have added that Smash logo because we all know what it solely exists for. :estatic::estatic::estatic::estatic:

.Lucina

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5327-1598-3487
This is cool and all, but I'm more worried than happy about the Gamecube controller. It's probably just for the picture, but the total length of the wire connecting the controller to the WiiU looks very short. I might not be able to use it because my WiiU is pretty far away form where I sit while playing.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I feel that Nintendo isn't just releasing the GC adapter to coincide with Smash, but to also coincide with GC games on VC.
GC controllers are actually nescasary if GC games go on the VC, as the GC controller had pressure-sensitive shoulder buttons, which the WiiU Gamepad doesn't. Pressure-sensitive shoulder buttons are needed for some games like Mario Sunshine, where how water that came out of the FLUDD depended on how hard you pressed the button.

jakelegend

Smash Rookie
Dr.PP is there. That's EG PPMD aka Kevin Nanney.
So yeah. Some people will hate it, some people will love it. As long we can all enjoy it and hold no grudges. Nintendo is just doing what he thinks is best to promote the game, not to make just an standard tourney.

Definitely. Some people are complaining about the players, it's possible Nintendo pitched a items match to Mango and M2K and they didn't want to play. It's not an MLG tournament it's a tournament to show the game so it needs to be shown as completely as possible. The hardcore audience will never turn items on for playing but there are quite a few players who are looking for "couch bragging rights" that will play with items. It's important to show that side as well.

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
I noticed that the character picks seem to be limited. I noticed that Yoshi, Lucario, and Peach weren't listed. I guess we can assume that these characters aren't yet finished and need a little more time. I'll be rooting for aMSa.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I noticed that the character picks seem to be limited. I noticed that Yoshi, Lucario, and Peach weren't listed. I guess we can assume that these characters aren't yet finished and need a little more time. I'll be rooting for aMSa.
Yoshi probably wasn't included because of his slight revamp and they're probably still balancing Lucario's aura.

I'm not sure about Peach, though...

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
I feel that Nintendo isn't just releasing the GC adapter to coincide with Smash, but to also coincide with GC games on VC.
GC controllers are actually nescasary if GC games go on the VC, as the GC controller had pressure-sensitive shoulder buttons, which the WiiU Gamepad doesn't. Pressure-sensitive shoulder buttons are needed for some games like Mario Sunshine, where how water that came out of the FLUDD depended on how hard you pressed the button.
Well, Smash was a closet key :v

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is cool and all, but I'm more worried than happy about the Gamecube controller. It's probably just for the picture, but the total length of the wire connecting the controller to the WiiU looks very short. I might not be able to use it because my WiiU is pretty far away form where I sit while playing.
I'm pretty sure this will work with existing GameCube Controllers.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Well, I was kinda hoping to see more "familiar" faces, like Mew2King, Mang0, Armada, Dr.PP, Salem, Nairo, Ally, etc. I don't even know who are like half of those.

And for the rules, they want to show both casual and competitive sides of Smash. Very nicely done.

The best thing was the selection of announcers and the GameCube Adapter!
lel, Dr. PeePee is on the list, my good man. He goes by "PPMD" officially, you know. Because... naming himself after a penis euphemism wasn't the best decision of his life, even he readily admits.

Galespark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Galespark
lel, Dr. PeePee is on the list, my good man. He goes by "PPMD" officially, you know. Because... naming himself after a penis euphemism wasn't the best decision of his life, even he readily admits.
Someone already pointed it out. Thank you anyways.

Top Bottom