• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Conference Fall 07 Trailer Discussion

VA

Smash Hero
Ice Climbers use a directional air dodge (up and right) to dodge the Snorlax. So we have seen multiple confirmations of it's presence in Brawl now. By multiple I mean two :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's just strange that the release date is delayed. A past update showed the release date of the game. That update is nothing but a hoax now.

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
1. I just started trying to analyse the video and already I noticed Fox doing his side B to hit a moving smash ball. I think this can finally put to rest all the discussion about: grabbing a smash ball and throwing it away (as a Samus player might want to do so they don't have to switch to Zamus and to avoid the opponents using it), activating it with a button after grabbing it or does it activate on it's own when you grab it, etc. Now we know it just sorta shows up kinda like the invincibility star in Melee. It just bounces around and all you have to do it touch it and it activates.

2. The Samus trophy reads...

Samus (Fusion Suit)

During Exploration of SR388, Samus is infected by an X parasite and nearly dies. A vaccine created from Metroid cells saves her, but her suit turns blue and loses most of its abilities and weapons. This new Samus must regather her special abilities and fight to neutralize the threat of the X parasite in the space station run by Biological Space Laboratories.

Metroid Fusion.

3. The boss battle with Petey is in that big arena featured in the first subspace clips. Potential unlockable stage? It's flat, no platforms, and seems like it wouldn't have any interruptions or obstructions during gameplay. In Melee, Battlefield and Final Destination were unlockables, and were both stages with boss battles (Metal Mario and Wireframes for Battlefield, and Bowser, Event 51, and Master Hand for Final D.

4. As for Ike sticking the sword in the ground, obviously anything is possible, but I'm pretty much promising you it's a taunt. I seriously doubt that was him charging anything.

5. The scene with Charizard definitely looks like it's a Metroid stage based on the Magmoor area of Metroid Prime.

That's all I got for now. On to disecting the Sonic video.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
The attacks are faster:

see ilusion fox
see dair of donkey (where fox grabs the final smash)
kirby upb
others

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Final Smash balls fly around very quickly, and can even save you from dying. Fox Illusion-Suicides to get one.

Peach's Down B makes you dance. Dancing Bowser is funny.

Sonic has a Down B variant depending on if he's in the air. And his Up B is conjuring a Spring.

The broken platforms in Icarus's stage seem to leave behind a cloud. No clue what that does, maybe makes it like Yoshi's Island.

Metaknight does something that is likely a Final Smash in the first video. Cuz that's a LOT of damage for one simple move. Kirby doubles in painnnnnn.
Yes, it appears they fly around very quickly.

********, we've already seen her turnips.

******** on that air thing.

We already knew that about Pit's stage.

Look's like his B-Side that's on the Dojo.

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
@Tobias Amaranth: Fox doesn't actually suicide. He illusions to get the floating smashball (which appears to not come from crates and capsules and things...which could easily give them tournament legality/legibility, and I'm all for that), he manages to grab onto the edge of the bridge.
A very smart Fox. xD

Also, I'm not sure about the dancing thing. I think there are multiple taunts for different situations, whether it's based on character or location or something of that sort. Definitely not her down-B.

I'm also not sure about Sonic's down B variant. That we'll have to see, and the move Meta Knight does in the opening is his side-B.

Everyone's moves seem to come out faster, and everything seems a little more combo-licious, which is really looking good.

Then there's the "missed wavedash" (© Eternal phoenix Fire), which is just one step away from providing that wavedashing is possible - we need to be able to slide upon directional impact with the floor.

This game is definitely going to be amazing.
Absolutely no doubt in my mind.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Then there's the "missed wavedash" (© Eternal phoenix Fire), which is just one step away from providing that wavedashing is possible - we need to be able to slide upon directional impact with the floor.
It's not even close to a missed wavedash its a directional air dodge. That's some conduit in the background, not a platfrom lol. Like I said, half way there!

Karleko

Smash Cadet
Link does not give Zelda a pat on the back, he waves his arm and so does Zelda, for some reason Navi comes out and starts floating around Link.

ShadowDragonG

Smash Cadet
Oh man, look at all that gameplay footage.

It's smooth, crisp, and flowing. All the moves seem to mesh together to give a more... advanced game play effect. I see lots of sliding going on... So much for a 'moderated gameplay'.

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
It's not even close to a missed wavedash its a directional air dodge. That's some conduit in the background, not a platfrom lol. Like I said, half way there!
Oh, I know.
D: It's a little harder to detect the humor in my uh. Sentence, via the interwebs.
<3

Link does not give Zelda a pat on the back, he waves his arm and so does Zelda, for some reason Navi comes out and starts floating around Link.
It may not necessarily be Navi.
It could just be a faerie in general, like the ones that heal you.
I actually want to assume that those are intros, as opposed to taunts, they're too...long and dramatic.

aka-TKL

Smash Rookie
Actually, I don't think we can believe that final smashes are activated instantly from this video. There's a weird break between when Fox grabs the ball to when he activates his Final Smash.

EDIT: scratch the thing about the bridge, it just looks like they zoomed in on it instead =P

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
1) Mario is fighting Petey Piranha. He comes back to save the other 3 characters?
2) Bunch of taunts revealed. Maybe character intro's?
3) Link takes a fairy from Zelda. WTF?
4) Character portraits unfortunately confirmed for all times. I think that'll be the most annoying thing in the world, and I've met some pretty annoying people. I don't think I'll ever get over this one.

shanus

Smash Hero
looks for sure like entrances are in. From snakes trailer when he stands up with electricity, and i think a lot of these "second taunts" could be entrances.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
maybe the fairy is a new healing item u can give to a teammate?
also it appears that dancing will play an important role in the game (lol) ice climbers,peach,bowser...
I WANNA SEE SONIC DO THE LIMBO!

hoopspr226

Smash Journeyman
New Character?

About 1/3 through the trailer... there is a girl with green hair holding a long stick. She appears to be a new character?

Has anyone else noticed this and who the heck is she?

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
About 1/3 through the trailer... there is a girl with green hair holding a long stick. She appears to be a new character?
What? oO

Parakoopa deconfirmed. He is an enemy.
(The scene who Donkey appeared and hit something)

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
4. As for Ike sticking the sword in the ground, obviously anything is possible, but I'm pretty much promising you it's a taunt. I seriously doubt that was him charging anything.
See, I keep my promises.

Top Bottom