• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo could prevent upskirt shots of Peach if they wanted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
1) This has nothing to do with Brawl, now does it...Peach weas very modest undergarments in Smash...and even if she did wear a thing, she's not wearing a mini skirt

2) Let them if they want to...yes, it is sad...but that's all they got...If they could express their sexuality with a real female, they would instead of relying on a fantasy.
1) But this whole discussion was about Peach as a character. Not just the Smash games.

2) Oh... could it really be that bad? =( Now I feel sorry for them after reading that. (no irony)

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
So YOU think. This whole thing is just merely your opinion. You don't have any real points of why Peach should not have a torso in SSBB besides that it's just your opinion.

And so what YOU think 'they' are sad. What are you going to do? Tell them they're wrong? How are they any more wrong then you?

They have a psychological need. Their self esteem relies on being stimulated, thus they turn to their fantasies. This is only human nature, so how can you tell them that they are wrong?

And alright, I see your point now. I was not aware of this game, but I guess it does go a bit far showing off Peach like that.

But this is SSBB. We KNOW that Peach will be wearing a very long skirt, not something like that, and most definitely not a thong. It should not be an issue.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1) But this whole discussion was about Peach as a character. Not just the Smash games.

2) Oh... could it really be that bad? =( Now I feel sorry for them after reading that. (no irony)
This however is the Smash discussion board, and your original post was talking about Peach in Smash...Since Peach in smash doesn't wear a thong and/or doesn't wear a mini-skirt, there is no point in removing anything

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
No, this topic is labeled "Nintendo could prevent upskirt shots of Peach if they wanted to", and it is specifically posted in the BRAWL Character Discussion.

It is assumed that you are talking about Peach's character in SSBB.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Well I think that's it's wrong that they have changed Peach a family friendly image into some sort of sex symbol giving her a "thong" that's fine for the oversexed Japanese people but make sure it doesn't leave there!
It's just not good to see this happen to Peach, they should make under her dress like they do in Double Dash in all the games she's in!

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
OK. But if you compare Peach in Mario Kart, where she was covered up, to Smash, where she is not covered up, could you give me your opinion about that, and what you think is right and wrong by Nintendo?

Also, we don't know if Brawl has unlockable costumes or not. Considering the sheer size of all content in this game, it's definitely not unlikely with unlockable bonus suits. And if there is, you can bet that SSX outfit is going to be one of them.

And yes, I'm glad you thought that Peach in SSX was a bit too far.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OK. But if you compare Peach in Mario Kart, where she was covered up, to Smash, where she is not covered up, could you give me your opinion about that, and what you think is right and wrong by Nintendo?

Also, we don't know if Brawl has unlockable costumes or not. Considering the sheer size of all content in this game, it's definitely not unlikely with unlockable bonus suits. And if there is, you can bet that SSX outfit is going to be one of them.

And yes, I'm glad you thought that Peach in SSX was a bit too far.
She is good enough in Smash and wear modest if anything undergarments so there is nothing to worry about....

...I doubt that there even will be alternate costumes in Brawl...But most likely if there is, it won't be whatever SSX is...which I have never heard of in the first place. Most likely just Daisy or something...

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
If we're talking Melee, Peach's dress flies up much, much easier than Zelda's. So Nintendo's intention was to show off Peach's underwear for sure. And that's the dirty mind I don't like from a company like Nintendo.

And BTW, Peach wore a thong in Mario Golf and Mario Tennis as well, not just SSX. And Nintendo approved it all.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Please give some good arguments instead of exaggerating.
I think your exaggerating. It's hardly like Nintendo are debilerately putting in gratitious sexually orientated images in thier games. It's not a big deal, there are far worse instances of sex within games. I didn't even know any images like that existed until you brought up this thread.

T03nemesis

Smash Rookie
As you get older, you will start to like the physical appearance of the opposite sex, or the same sex, you will like something I assure you.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Yes but that doesn't mean the should shameless plug sexual refernces into a family friendly game such as this, we don't live in Japan so we don't need sex shoved down our throats at every turn.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
If you think the game is oversexed because of Peach, don't buy the game. If anyone is unhappy with Brawl because they think the sexual content is higher then an orgy at the Playboy mansion, the solution is simple, don't buy the game.

Play tetris, or has Nintendo littered that with sexual innuendo aswell?

Citrussed

Smash Journeyman
If you think the game is oversexed because of Peach, don't buy the game. If anyone is unhappy with Brawl because they think the sexual content is higher then an orgy at the Playboy mansion, the solution is simple, don't buy the game.

Play tetris, or has Nintendo littered that with sexual innuendo aswell?
Of course nintendo has littered tetris with sexual innuendo, the L block definatly(excuse my spelling) looks like the male genetils. :p

But seriously, why would you be looking there in the first place?!? And since when has underwear been bad? :ohwell:

Loyid

Smash Rookie
Muten Roshi anyone?

This thread is on the same level as "Violence in Videogames" in my opinion. We live in a time where nuditiy is seen EVERYWHERE. I mean, you see woman half naked in the TV in most of the films today, in Talkshows, in Animes (Ranma anyone?), on magazines (a naked woman on the Bravo wtf) and so on. But thats all more hardcore then using an camera ngle too see it in a game. So i think its totally creep to say things about Peach and nintendo could do this with her and that in familygames while there are very, very big portrais of naked woman on houses. At last i don't care what nintendo is showing what Peach have under her Dress as long as she has something under her dress. Even it is "only" a swimsuit. ALWAYS better than a black hole under her skirt.
And one last thing: One Piece Episode 321 anyone? (Nami in her Swinsuit and then the Galera guy: WEAR SOMETHING YOU PERVERTED GIRL!)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Of course nintendo has littered tetris with sexual innuendo, the L block definatly(excuse my spelling) looks like the male genetils. :p

But seriously, why would you be looking there in the first place?!? And since when has underwear been bad? :ohwell:
Apparently underwear is the utensil of the devil.

blayde_axel

Smash Master

Granny panties FTW.

Seriously... was this necessary? Yeah, they could prevent it... but they'd have to just make her blocky like PS1 graphics... or even worse, it'd just look like her trophy. Bad idea.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Granny panties FTW.

Seriously... was this necessary? Yeah, they could prevent it... but they'd have to just make her blocky like PS1 graphics... or even worse, it'd just look like her trophy. Bad idea.
I suppose they want something like this:

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
my gosh just dont up skirt peah. if someone else does it, who cares? its their own sad choice to do so! if they make a game less realistic to please people like this then games would be going in a reversed direction.

Wurmtoken

Smash Cadet
Heh I remember when I was testing out different characters I paused the game with Peach and thought: hmmm... nah (then tried to look anyway)

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Then Japan is a sick, sick country and the should feel ashamed.
Xenophobic much? And it's no where near as bad as you think it is.

In all his years of douchebaggery crusades against explicit materials in video games, Jack Thompson has never mentioned this. Not even once. I think that shows how much people care.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I can't wait to upskirt Peach in SSBB. I hope she puts on something nice.

Target

Smash Rookie
It's about time they started making characters like Peach, and Samus more womanlike.
I can remember thinking Peach looked like a roaring lesbian because she had almost no womanly features to her, aside from the fact that she wore a dress and was a princess.
But in today's society, that could mean a lot of things.

Regardless, if you don't want to see it, don't look at it. It's that simple. Nintendo is just growing up a little, and giving their female characters the curves they deserve.

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
Some of you have made a good discussion, most some other are just too unserious for this. Instead of discussing, you compare everything to DOA and then make totally exaggerated pics. You think you're funny right? And you also have that attitude "I don't care, let people do what they want, I don't care about anything but my own experience with the game".

The thing is that Nintendo might of course take this even further. Let me just ask, how many think it's OK that Peach looks like she does in SSX, Mario Tennis GC and Mario Golf: Family Tour? And if she has done it before, she can do it again.

But let me guess, most of you don't think this is anything wrong at all?

And yeah, it's clipping, the camera is so close it has clipped through her dress and you see what's underneath. And before you ask, I see these pics (and more) on all the forums I visit. This one in particual are from the Rottentomatoes forum.

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
Some of you have made a good discussion, most some other are just too unserious for this. Instead of discussing, you compare everything to DOA and then make totally exaggerated pics. You think you're funny right? And you also have that attitude "I don't care, let people do what they want, I don't care about anything but my own experience with the game".

The thing is that Nintendo might of course take this even further. Let me just ask, how many think it's OK that Peach looks like she does in SSX, Mario Tennis GC and Mario Golf: Family Tour? And if she has done it before, she can do it again.

But let me guess, most of you don't think this is anything wrong at all?

And yeah, it's clipping, the camera is so close it has clipped through her dress and you see what's underneath. And before you ask, I see these pics (and more) on all the forums I visit. This one in particual are from the Rottentomatoes forum.
Peach has put on some pounds. :ohwell:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had a character named Slugma LOOOOOOOOONG before Game Freaks thought it up

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, her butt is flabby in SSX (it jiggles way too much as well) but may people find that sexy, obviously. Otherwose they wouldn't have done it like that.
Other than not wearing a lot...Peach in that game is not built like she's flaunting around for sex stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom