• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Direct Hyrule Warriors Coming August 4th, SSB4 Character included?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
The chance?
Close to zero. :p
We'll be getting a general Nintendo Direct later in the month, no doubt. I expect something then.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Remember when they revealed Smash Bros. characters in the Pokemon, Mario Kart, and Wonderful 101 Directs?

Yeah, me neither.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I really doubt were getting a smash trailer in this

But reminder of this theory

If we get impa or ghirahim on this direct or later this month (or better with ridley.) this is more likely to look into.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Unless the new character announced is also playable in smash, I'm guessing the chance is pretty much zero.The real question is what Hyrule warriors characters will be revealed. My money is on Epona for being a recurring female character:troll:.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Nah, I'msure we won't get Smash newcommers. But if it happens, it would be a pretty neat "bonus"!

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Despite my general apathy for the Zelda series, I'm looking forward to Hyrule Warriors. I don't think we'll see anything Smash-related in this direct but I'm hoping to get some good info.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I think it'd be more likely that on Tuesday, the day after the Direct, Sakurai confirms Ganondorf. Or confirms him on the Japanese release date for the game.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Hey guys, I have found out that Nintendo has a direct coming:

"Tune in on Monday, August 4, at 8 p.m. PT/11 p.m. ET for a Nintendo Direct providing new details on Hyrule Warriors for Wii U."

Source:

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/08-04-2014/

So I was wondering, what do you think the chances of having a character revealed is?
The only character I could see getting revealed is Ganondorf, because I don't think we will get another Zelda newcomer. I could be wrong though you never know with Sakurai

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Unless Sakurai says something about the Direct, we won't be getting any new characters from it.
That's how I see it, I think if they were to include a Smash reveal they'd make a note of it. And since none of the other game specific directs have included a smash reveal (other than the actual smash one obviously) I don't think we'll see one. Still excited for the direct though, and wouldn't be surprised if we got Ganondorf shortly after. They need someone to be like "wanna know more about ____ learn more at Hyrule Warrior's website"

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I think there's a better chance of a Zelda Newcomer reveal in the Hyrule Warriors direct than most people in this thread think.

Why? Because what haven't we seen from Hyrule Warriors that could fill even a 15 minute Direct? There have been so many live demos, character trailers, etc that I think a dual reveal of, say, playable Ghirahim for both HW and Smash 4 is possible just so they can make the Direct more worth watching.

Of course, if there's somehow a lot more to Hyrule Warriors than has been hinted at so far, this theory would be less likely.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I doubt we'll get a newcomer from this one. We'll probably see a character or two revealed for Hyrule Warriors, but not SSB4.

That said, while this lowers the odds of a full Direct this month, I still think we'll get one more standalone newcomer trailer before the Japanese release. And I guess there's the small chance of a Zelda newcomer getting shown off at the very end, especially if it ties into HW in some way? Impa, maybe?

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
It's very possible, especially if Gannondorf (or Gannon) has a makeover.
It's not out of the question we could expect a Miiverse update of Gannondorf that morning.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Why do people think a new character for SMASH BROS will be announced in a HYRULE WARRIORS Direct? I don't understand the logic.

AT BEST, we may get Ganondorf in a website update. In fact, at this point, I think Ganondorf is going to be the next revealed character (unless they have a villains trailer, in which case Ganondorf might appear in that instead).

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Why do people think a new character for SMASH BROS will be announced in a HYRULE WARRIORS Direct? I don't understand the logic.
Because it would be a perfect time to announce a Zelda newcomer, particularly if it's one that's also in Hyrule Warriors? Especially considering how we're creeping up on the Smash release date.

I don't expect one myself but I think it's more likely than people are assuming.

Remember when they revealed Smash Bros. characters in the Pokemon, Mario Kart, and Wonderful 101 Directs?

Yeah, me neither.
Pokemon: These were before X and Y came out. Do you think they'd announce Greninja for Smash before his game even came out?
Mario Kart: Who would be a relevant character reveal in a Mario Kart direct? Rosalina was already revealed, Wario is a veteran, and there is most likely no one else in Mario Kart that is a newcomer in Smash 4.
Wonderful 101: No playable character from the series, so obviously no character reveal.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
This sh#@ty game is getting its own direct. Lord jeezuz when people eventually get their hands on the game they are gonna be so dissapoint.
Well, at least it has its share of epic cutscenes and fanservice.

Heres hoping we get an Impa reveal

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Blehhhh stupid Zelda fanboys make this game look like the best Zelda game of all time... why its really just Dynasty Warriors with Zelda skins...

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Why is everyone so sure this game is going to suck?

Also hoping for a Ganondorf reveal.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I think there's a better chance of a Zelda Newcomer reveal in the Hyrule Warriors direct than most people in this thread think.

Why? Because what haven't we seen from Hyrule Warriors that could fill even a 15 minute Direct? There have been so many live demos, character trailers, etc that I think a dual reveal of, say, playable Ghirahim for both HW and Smash 4 is possible just so they can make the Direct more worth watching.

Of course, if there's somehow a lot more to Hyrule Warriors than has been hinted at so far, this theory would be less likely.
There will be more Hyrule Warriors. We've NEVER gotten a newcomer in the single game dedicated directs that aren't Smash Bros.

You're expecting way too much.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There will be more Hyrule Warriors. We've NEVER gotten a newcomer in the single game dedicated directs that aren't Smash Bros.

You're expecting way too much.
And then everyone's going to be disappointed there's no Smash Bros. news in the Hyrule Warriors Direct and wonder why...

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Blehhhh stupid Zelda fanboys make this game look like the best Zelda game of all time... why its really just Dynasty Warriors with Zelda skins...
I'm not a Zelda fanboy and I want the game. Not even a Dynasty Warriors fan boy.
This sh#@ty game is getting its own direct. Lord jeezuz when people eventually get their hands on the game they are gonna be so dissapoint.
Well, at least it has its share of epic cutscenes and fanservice.

Heres hoping we get an Impa reveal
No it won't. Want to know why? Because there are people that like Dynasty Warriors and it's series isn't terrible. Oh what a shocker! That a popular franchise has fans! How dare people like it!
And then everyone's going to be disappointed there's no Smash Bros. news in the Hyrule Warriors Direct and wonder why...
Pretty much. And I'll be laughing at them.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I never got why Nintendo didn't do things such as announce the Mii Fighters during the Tomodachi Life Direct, or announce Greninja on the Pokemon XY Direct, it seems like amazing advertising for not one, but two games.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I never got why Nintendo didn't do things such as announce the Mii Fighters during the Tomodachi Life Direct, or announce Greninja on the Pokemon XY Direct, it seems like amazing advertising for not one, but two games.
Because they're trying to advertise just one game. As for Greninja, if they announced Greninja for Smash Bros. before X/Y came out, everyone would flock to using Froakie. Rather, X/Y would've sold well regardless, its Pokemon.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
This game's a bunch of Zelda fanservice, and there's nothing wrong with that, it looks fun as heck, and you can play will all your favorite zelda waifus characters...especially Princess Ruto.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
This game's a bunch of Zelda fanservice, and there's nothing wrong with that, it looks fun as heck, and you can play will all your favorite zelda waifus characters...especially Princess Ruto.
I believe you can play as villains in one of the modes so...

That one Shia chick?

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
The only hope is if Sakurai says something on monday's PotD about the direct. Otherwise...

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I doubt they steal the thunder from one games' direct to promote another one. We'd get a Zelda stage or possibly Ganondorf if anything, and I doubt that'd happen in the direct. Probably in the POTD. I think the next trailer we'd get for Smash would be either during Gamescom in a few weeks or just before the release of the Japanese 3DS version.
That said getting Hyrule Warriors Impa in Smash 4 would be a wonderful thing.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I don't think we'll be getting any sort of Zelda newcomer reveal with this direct. The only thing I see coming out of this could be Ganondorf's return. I believe the new newcomer trailer will be later in this month.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
This the equivalent of promoting a Mario Kart character during a direct about Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. There is no reason to do so.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
This the equivalent of promoting a Mario Kart character during a direct about Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. There is no reason to do so.
If that character is Pikachu or they're promoting a Pokemon-themed kart, it would make sense.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Now watch my curve ball and look how I predict a Tetra reveal. If Im right you shall now call me "Gematsu Jr.".

Now, being honest. The only thing I care for this Hyrule Warriors Direct is Groose finally arriving and complaining that Link gets all the women.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom