• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo @ E3 - News, Resources, and other Information - MegaMan, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer!

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Pretty much my observations as well.

Though I would add, his Ftilt would be his buster shot once more, as the he mentioned in the Developer Direct that he can also shoot while walking.
That is definitely plausible since Sakurai was shown to roll right (leaving MM facing left) then immediately turning to fire the buster in the wrong direction... followed by Mario rolling into MM's buster. It would be strange to have the same attack mapped to jab and ftilt, but it certainly does fit MM's character.

Hickory

Smash Cadet
Where did "they" say that there would be less newcomers? I haven't read any articles/interviews saying that.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Many rumors went around talking about that simply because sakurai said he intended to spend more time on balancing the characters they had, which might have implied that he won't be adding a ton of characters. People jumped the gun when they were like "omg they're not adding characters!", the only thing we can be sure of is that we're not getting DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi (i.e. 250 unbalanced characters)

SSS

Smash Ace
We need new emoticons for the new characters. Please make it happen!

Also some of the old ones are broken/missing on various threads. Probably not the right thread, but they^ brought it up, so.

On an unrelated note, did the video say that Mega Man is going to be having a spiking dair that's a projectile? Because that could be hot. Unless the sweetspot that spikes is only in like, the opening frames where you have to be right on top of them either way.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
No tripping is definitely good. I'm sure many of us remember tripping into powerful attacks in the past, or lost a chaingrab because of it. That's a step forward obviously.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Many rumors went around talking about that simply because sakurai said he intended to spend more time on balancing the characters they had, which might have implied that he won't be adding a ton of characters. People jumped the gun when they were like "omg they're not adding characters!", the only thing we can be sure of is that we're not getting DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi (i.e. 250 unbalanced characters)
Well... to be fair, that's because Sakurai gave himself the burden of balancing the characters out (Kirby characters mostly high tier?) in Brawl.

Now there's Namco Bandai for that. :O I'm sure those guys know what they're doing.

Top Bottom