• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Press Conference

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Actuallly, Hectic, all of the games you mentioned (except MAYBE Zelda) were watered down to cater to Nintendo's "everybody should win" philosophy with the Wii. I personally don't think there's anything wrong with that, really, as each of those games on the whole are still fun and engrossing.

>__>

Smooth Criminal
I agree with this. Granted, I don't play Super Mario Galaxy very often, but my john is solid.
Maria Angseth > Super Mario 64
David Sirlin > Super Street Fighter II Turbo

Seriously, I can't play a 3-D Mario that's not SM64, and I can't play a 2-D one that's not SMW or one of its many hacks.
Twilight Princess made me mad WATCHING somebody play it. Way to jerk your gherkin to the motion controls, Miyamoto. You ruined a franchise so badly that it angered a person who doesn't even like it.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You know what Nintendo Press Conference should show next year, Panel De Pon for the Wii, that or give the US Panel De Pon SNES for VC. ;p

All I'm saying is that Captian Rainbow helped Lip's chance of begin more well known and all they need is a new storyline for Panel De Pon Wii and/or new chracters and it will be the best puzzle game. :D

Hmm, pity they change the release date for Kirby Wii... oh well. Top two games I'm most excide in the Press is Mario & Luigi 3 and Fire Emblem for the DS.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Even though I don't generally agree with hectichobo...Firus you seriously need to deflate that catastrophically large container of hot air you have.
Okay...? I don't know what I said that was so stupid. There's no reason to throw insults anyways.

How in the world are you going to call him an ******* based on statements on the internet?
He said he'd screw everyone over for money...I think that's a reasonable time to call him an ***hole, don't you?
If THIS is what you're basing this entire post of attacks on, then...no. What's the point in saying you'll screw everyone over for money? That doesn't make it any better that Nintendo's done it. That sentence had nothing to do with anything else, just as mine did. Although, considering he came into the argument calling me "special ed" and "on crack", I don't exactly think I'm the one who should be berated for this. I think saying there's something physically wrong with someone is slightly worse than calling someone a jerk.

For christ sake, your post are like books, except books are actually interesting to read.
Again, more mindless insults. I'm sorry my posts are long. Oh wait, I'm not.
Just get over it.

Seriously, shut the hell up. I don't care how long my posts are. If you don't like it, don't read my posts. I can't stand it when people complain about how long my posts are. And to back it up with a mindless insult saying it's not interesting...wow, you're a funny one.
Ugh, you sicken me.

By the way, I enjoyed Galaxy. It was simply too easy, and that was literally the games only fault. Then again, Mario Galaxy is probably one of the few next gen game that were fairly 'successful'. Brawl and Mario Kart on the other hand...ugh. >__>
Yes, I know, everybody and their entire family loved Galaxy, and I'm probably one of 30 people who didn't. But I literally hated the game. While you think that the difficulty was the only fault, I could come up with many. My point was, for my part, I don't feel they're making all quality games.

And even if Mad World MAY be bad, that do not change the fact it MAY be great.
Which means that going into it assuming it's a godsend is stupid. Because it MAY be bad. It's not even a sequel to a game, so it's not like people assuming the next Smash Bros would be great. And from my first impressions, the game looks stupid.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
@alchfilosofer: You're totally right about Seisen no Keifu. One of (though not quite) my favorite RPGs of all time right there. If Shadow Dragon's successful enough, it'd be awesome to see a DS remake of the game brought over here.

@Lobelia Mk. IV: The motion controls actually added a lot to Twilight Princess. The game was so easy because like, two enemies in the game could do more than half a heart of damage to you. Seriously, if you haven't played the game because you think the waggle ruined it...rent it, and have your mind changed.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
You know what Nintendo Press Conference should show next year, Panel De Pon for the Wii, that or give the US Panel De Pon SNES for VC. ;p

I've been carving into Tetris Attack lately and loving every minute of it. I have to say, that basic puzzle design is probably my favorite by a long shot, even over the original Tetris design.

If you have the option, check out Planet Puzzle League for the DS. I've heard it's epic.

Darkslash

Smash Master
To be honest the Motion controls made Twilight Princess Easier... The Chus.. Omg they were so annoying they almost killed me in the cave of ordeals too..

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I've been carving into Tetris Attack lately and loving every minute of it. I have to say, that basic puzzle design is probably my favorite by a long shot, even over the original Tetris design.

If you have the option, check out Planet Puzzle League for the DS. I've heard it's epic.
Yay, another fan, I have to serch for more servivers. I do need to get Planet Puzzle League, one reason it's Wifi the other it's my favoirte puzzle game in a handheld. Even though it doesn't have the same charm as Panel De Pon DS but I have an Action Replay. :D

Edit: Twilight Princess on Wii is more simple than on GC, I find it harder to do the Spin Attack in the GC but the one on Wii I just shake the Nunchuk.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
@Viper: TP on GCN is only harder because the controls are just not up to Zelda standards. Two item slots? No shield button? ******** Free Camera?

You can still do quick spins, so I don't know what you mean by it's "harder"...but coming from an idiot who bought both versions (I know...), I can safely say that the Wii version is superior in every way (unless you're a stickler for tradition, and don't like the right-handed switch).

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
@Viper: TP on GCN is only harder because the controls are just not up to Zelda standards. Two item slots? No shield button? ******** Free Camera?

You can still do quick spins, so I don't know what you mean by it's "harder"...but coming from an idiot who bought both versions (I know...), I can safely say that the Wii version is superior in every way (unless you're a stickler for tradition, and don't like the right-handed switch).
:link:
No shield button makes it easier. It's auto shield, which I hated.

Quick spins are still easy to do, just the Wii Version is harder. *cough*I bought both versions and proud of it*cough*

Traditional is the better way. Switching Links hand was like waking up on the wrong side of the bed.
Wii version superior? I think you meant easier. Stick wagging isn't all that great. At first, yes. But after Metroid Prime 3 came out, they could've done much better. Can't wait for WiiMotion+ Zelda though!

Darkslash

Smash Master
Well maybe it was auto shield because we didn't have a mirror shield this time. If we did it may have changed the auto shield business.

And if you hate right handed link blame it on the people Nintendo Surveyed. GET HARDCORE PEOPLE TO DO YOUR SURVEYS DAMMIT!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well maybe it was auto shield because we didn't have a mirror shield this time. If we did it may have changed the auto shield business.

And if you hate right handed link blame it on the people Nintendo Surveyed. GET HARDCORE PEOPLE TO DO YOUR SURVEYS DAMMIT!
Considering that they were clearly trying to cater to casual gamers with the release of the Wii, it's not surprising that they'd survey a bunch of morons who probably think that Link's name is Zelda. (In other words, people that know nothing of the series.)

But yeah...they need to do that.

Good thing Samus's Arm Cannon has always been on her right arm. If they had flipped that...there would've been hell to pay. I love Zelda, but I'm an uber Metroid fanatic. (They already switched the Grapple Beam to Samus's hand instead of her Arm Cannon in the Prime games. IT GOES ON THE ARM CANNON, PEOPLE! PLAY SUPER METROID! YOU KNOW, THAT ULTRA-AWESOME GAME YOU CREATED YEARS AGO?!)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I have refused to play the Wii version of Zelda (save for the one time I borrowed it from a friend to install the homebrew channel) because of Link being right-handed. That pissed me off to no end.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Good thing Samus's Arm Cannon has always been on her right arm. If they had flipped that...there would've been hell to pay. I love Zelda, but I'm an uber Metroid fanatic. (They already switched the Grapple Beam to Samus's hand instead of her Arm Cannon in the Prime games. IT GOES ON THE ARM CANNON, PEOPLE! PLAY SUPER METROID! YOU KNOW, THAT ULTRA-AWESOME GAME YOU CREATED YEARS AGO?!)
You know that Metroid Prime 3 is some what i dunno years before Metroid 2? So chronologically the Beam cannon grapple could of been installed some years later....

But you ever tried not firing when you needed the beam grapple? There was hell to pay. The panels in sky town hit samus in the face and fell....losing 3 energy units?

Spire

III
BRoomer
I have refused to play the Wii version of Zelda (save for the one time I borrowed it from a friend to install the homebrew channel) because of Link being right-handed. That pissed me off to no end.
Are you serious? That's pretty **** shallow. I knew nothing about the Wii version being flipped until I actually made progress through the game and realized that a) Link was right handed (seriously, it felt so natural that I didn't realize that he wasn't a lefty), and b) Kakariko/DM was to the west.

All in all, I suspect the GCN version is much better because not only is Link a lefty, but Hyrule is not mirrored, and furthermore, the GCN UI is better than the Wii's in my opinion.

Regardless, I cannot speak any more on this issue.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You know that Metroid Prime 3 is some what i dunno years before Metroid 2? So chronologically the Beam cannon grapple could of been installed some years later....

But you ever tried not firing when you needed the beam grapple? There was hell to pay. The panels in sky town hit samus in the face and fell....losing 3 energy units?
First of all, you mean Metroid 3. Super Metroid is number three.

Secondly, yes, it could theoretically have changed. But, A) In every game it's found in it's found lying on the ground, meaning it probably didn't receive improvements, and B) YOU have come up with that. They surely didn't, and it's just an inconsistency. Perhaps one they deemed reasonable, as they did Link's hand-switching, but it's still an inconsistency that I find annoying.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
@Spire: The GCN version would have been better if they just copy and pasted Windwaker's controls, but instead they decided to disable the Free Camera's ability to zoom, take away the Shield button, and give us one less button to assign tools/items to.

Seriously. It's really annoying when you consider this:

Wii version of TP: 4 Item slots (when you count the B trigger).
GCN version of TP: 2 Item slots (just X and Y. THE Z TRIGGER DOES NOTHING).
Windwaker: 3 item slots.

The only reason I didn't sell that pile of garbage is so I'm reminded to do my research before blindly buying two versions of the same game. :urg:

@Firus: Seriously, rent the Wii version. It's much much more enjoyable.

Darkslash

Smash Master
One thing i had to complain about the Wii version of TP was every thing was mirrored so reading the Hylian text was a ***** to read.

But shouldn't this go all into the Zelda thread?

Back on topic:

Any got the date for Sky Crawlers? The trailer was shown in the US conference so i am sure that they are making it come NA side(I never say stateside because i live in the ice north living in igloos playing my wii.)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
...Wait, are you talking about Twilight Princess?

That's the only version I own.
WHOOPS SORRY I'M A COLOSSAL IDIOT

That should have read thusly:

Chief Mendez the Stupidhead said:
@Skyler: Seriously, rent the Wii version. It's much much more enjoyable.
My bad, my bad. I suppose your reputation precedes you...

@Darkslash: It wasn't shown at the NA conference. It was included in the Japanese website's trailer montage, and again at TGS, but it hasn't seen an English release confirmation yet.

Which makes me a sad panda. :(

Darkslash

Smash Master
Knowing Namco- Bandai it would be stupid to not release a non Mecha game here. Plus the movie is coming out here which gives it more of a chance to come here.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
sweet there is gunna be some sweet stuff
then i realized... this confrence was better than Nintendo's at E3:confused:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
E3 already was nothing.

Darkslash

Smash Master

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Yeah Slackerz is generally pretty awesome, but...well, that comic wasn't the most informed thing I've seen recently, to put it easily. Putting aside the 0.3/3.0 Megapixel mix-up, there's, as Darkslash said, a distinct ignorance of all the awesomeness that came out of the summit in game form.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
0.3/3.0? I've been wondering which one was which. Also, he had a rant on the subject, which pissed me off because he said that the games were only worth a rental. And he ignored most of the good stuff of the conference in favor of bashing the stuff that's pretty good.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
QFT

10nintendofailede3's

EDIT: I just got punched in the face by a comic that made me have second thoughts about this conference... http://theslackerz.com/index.php?nav=Comic&Page=97
Stooges, they presented actual hardcore new games besides the remakes.

But figures that once again, the whiny Nintendo hardcore base must whine like 3 year olds.

You know, I'm not exactly being proven wrong about my snide remarks about the fan base.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Yeah Slackerz is generally pretty awesome, but...well, that comic wasn't the most informed thing I've seen recently, to put it easily. Putting aside the 0.3/3.0 Megapixel mix-up, there's, as Darkslash said, a distinct ignorance of all the awesomeness that came out of the summit in game form.
Wait both camera's are .3 megapixel's?? WTF? I thought the out side was 3.0 and the inside was 0.3. If they are both then thats messed up, but that isn't going to stop me from getting it.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Wait both camera's are .3 megapixel's?? WTF? I thought the out side was 3.0 and the inside was 0.3. If they are both then thats messed up, but that isn't going to stop me from getting it.
No, you're right. Inside is a VGA resolution .3 megapixel camera, and outside is a more respectable 3.0 megapixel camera (to the best of my knowledge).

Darkslash

Smash Master
Okay good, i was worried a bit there.

You knowi personally believe that after the Conduit is released that High Voltage is going to be a Nintendo 2nd Party. All the original IP's they make have so far been on the Wii. I wouldn't be surprised if they were offfered and said no need for money.

Top Bottom