• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo USB Stick OR something else?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Ok, so I'm going to get a Nintendo USB wireless connector, but IDK if it's the right choice for the internet. What I "think" it does is that ur suppose to download it's features, then u plug in this USB stick and get wi-fi? Or am I hearing this wrong? Or "Or" should I use something else? Cause I really don't know...

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
If you only want wifi for the wii/ds, I suggest finding the usb if you can get it for cheap. If you want to eventually use a laptop, an iPod, or another system, just go ahead and invest in a router.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I suggest getting a modem with Wi-Fi, it works like a charm for my Wii, PS3, iPod and even has an Ethernet port for connecting devices that don't support Wi-Fi, it's very convinient and i've avoided spending alot on having seperate units for having a connection to my units.

:phone:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'll have wired conntection with my computer.
You mean an Ethernet wire right? If you look for a specific Wi-Fi modem like mine it actually has a built in Ethernet port so all you would need is an Ethernet cable and simply hook that to both ends, then your computer should have a working connection.

As for your Wii, as it already supports Wi-Fi; with a modem all you would need to do is to set the settings to wireless connection under the Wii menu and input your SSID along with a WPA security code then you'll be all set.

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So this is my idea. I'm getting wired online with Netscape. I'll use a Nintendo USB wifi stick. Will this work?

Top Bottom