• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official NintenZone's Nintendo Direct Hosting Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Smash has definitely shifted from a celebration of Nintendo to a celebration of console gaming in general.

Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Ryu, Pac-Man, and now Cloud.

upload_2015-11-13_4-48-57.png

:231:

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Cloud was so mad about losing in death battle so much that he followed Link into smash 4 for a rematch.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It's amazing how fast so many people who wanted a new 3rd party character in Smash switch back to begging for 1st party Nintendo characters as soon as the 3rd party they didn't ask for gets in.

I'm laughing so hard that I'm crying
We are all in this mix of disappointment and SHEER HYPE together
Because Cloud and Final Fantasy is bigger, more popular and bring in more money.

Icon status always and still matter

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Of course, there's salt from other people. Less being the character, more of "he's 3rd party, he's a swordsman, not MY character!" It honestly is sad tbh.

Well, we have a big Smash announcement in December, so we might know our ballot characters then.
Honestly speaking, the only thing he has hurt is the Shovel Knight leak and Isaac's chance. Which, considering my feelings on these two characters, results in a interesting mix of satisfaction att a rumour being killed off once and for all and pessimistic feeling that Isaac no longer has a chance.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
R.I.P. Square is SO STRICT argument, always thought it was bull**** the same way I thought Monster Hunter not being in MvC3 decreases the chances of a Smash appearance was bull****.

Also:

By @Arcadenik
I SUMMON THEE UNEXPECTED! :D
BLUEPIKMIN STRIKES AGAIN WITH UNEXPECTED, EVEN THOUGH IT'S AN UNEXPECTED I DIDN'T EXPECT!

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
This Nintendo Direct was so hype and it didn't disappoint. Nobody expected Cloud to be in Smash but he made it in! I love how they showed him from the bottom to the top. I totally thought it'd be a Mii Outfit but nope, Cloud is officially in Smash and the stage looks incredible too.

God, the Gold Mega Man and Wolf Link amiibos, I want badly! Then the Pokemon Gen 1 games on eShop~ FE: Fates in February. Oh my god, my wallet...

Soul.

I don't know why, but I've went to other sites people seem so disappointed with this lol. We got a new character; people asked for characters. And they're still not happy. Then we have the special broadcast on December.

Oh well I guess you can't please everyone

Chrono.

I don't know why, but I've went to other sites people seem so disappointed with this lol. We got a new character; people asked for characters. And they're still not happy. Then we have the special broadcast on December.

Oh well I guess you can't please everyone
Eh this is just a repeat of Ryu salt.

Give it time, people will love Cloud or at least tolerate him lol

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Fun fact, Cloud actually didn't have his own character support thread (well there was one, with like 30 posts lol). The Cloud forum is also now open for Business.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Gotta love how this direct ends.
"Hey, the Direct's Ending!"
"Hey, have a Smash Character for sticking with us!"
"Hey, there's ANOTHER Direct specifically Smash-based next Month!"
Sakurai knows how to please.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Are people seriously giving up on Smash because Cloud was announced? That's just sickening.

I don't really care for Cloud, I never liked FF7, but that is just ridiculous.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Are people seriously giving up on Smash because Cloud was announced? That's just sickening.

Salt.
Tons and tons of salt.
They'll be back and still complaining.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I never really ever bothered with the Final Fantasy series to be honest. I guess I should probably give them a try at some point. Not sure where to start though.

I guess Cloud's an alright addition. Don't really feel much for him though, but I'll be sure to try him out. ^^

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

If they give up on smash over some DLC they don't have to buy then good riddance, less cancer in the smash community the better.

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I never really ever bothered with the Final Fantasy series to be honest. I guess I should probably give them a try at some point. Not sure where to start though.

I guess Cloud's an alright addition. Don't really feel much for him though, but I'll be sure to try him out. ^^
Same here. I'm probably going to start with the Final Fantasy VII remake myself.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Something I forgot to note:

There were no remixes in Cloud's trailer.

Wonder what that means.

Chrono.

So a couple of things are sinking in now
  • Cloud has the closest thing to a Super Meter
  • Chocobo Mii Costumes
  • Minecraft Wii U didn't appear even though we all expected it lol

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I thought he has appeared on Nintendo consoles, at least in cameo roles?
He was in the FF Rhythm game, the KH games and I think maybe a few cameos but it was enough for him to be counted in this point.

Now all we need is a Konami character to complete the circle

Also, everyone pray for @Tama.
The hell this guy is gonna get on social media will be baffling. I really hope he just ignores it and moves on

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Cloud was top 19 in my Japanese poll.

Not a requirement to be in a Nintendo console. Only a "it might be courtesy"

Well I mean, he was still in a couple Kingdom hearts games on the GB and DS and we did have those Rhythm games.

Anyway.

Cloud is a good character choice. He will be very fun.

However, I'm not really hyped for him. I have no connection with Cloud, and I still want a first party character.

Again, he is good, just not for me hype.

As for the direct as a whole. Didn't really talk about anything that excited me other than shadow mewtwo or Splatoon.

Poots

Smash Journeyman
I got a double Bingo, so I'll just be taking my free super secret beta code for cloud now...

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Now we can finally find out what Kirby looks like when he sucks up Cloud. Also for the fellow amiibo fans, Cloud amiibo. Oh man, the thought of all this... HNNNNNGGGG

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I was the one who defended Cloud every time someone brought him up, so....

nyeh
I defended him as well. He's pretty much the face of Final Fantasy, Square-Enix and possibly JRPGs in general

Chrono.

Just gonna say that TPHD is very obviously just a simple remaster.

...Which means there's likely not too many changes, but I wonder what the sweet looking WL amiibo does.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yeah, Cloud is pre-ballot in my opinion. I think the Smash Direct next month will bring up the ballot.

Chrono.

They are going all the way out with the VC version of RGBY

...In Japan anyway.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
If there was this much controversy over Cloud making it in, I'd hate to see what would happen if Wolf didn't make it in, particularly because I'm a Wolf supporter as well.

Yeah, Cloud is pre-ballot in my opinion. I think the Smash Direct next month will bring up the ballot.
So, basically, characters like Dixie and the Inklings?

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I wonder what Sakurai has planned for that special broadcast next month. Another character? A surprise release of Cloud?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I liked how Shibata made a mention about Iwata's passing. It was the very first thing he did before starting presenting the games. Shows how much he meant to the company and gaming overall. (As I've planned all along, I removed the Iwata mourning ribbon from my signature. I've thought on keeping it until a Nintendo Direct happened.)

So... Cloud is in Smash. I wonder what else does Sakurai have up to his sleeve. December is gonna be so hype.

Also, I don't think his inclusion is that far-fetched. Square Enix does support Nintendo a lot. Just in this Direct there were 4 Square Enix titles announced: two Dragon Quest games, that new FF game (that has Cloud as well) and Bravely Second.

Another important detail: they said when they plan to stop adding content to Splatoon. They could very much do the same for Smash.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I'm reading some stuff and apparently JWittz and The Completionist knew about Cloud for a week and they didn't say anything.

That's how you handle things. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom