• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
why are you here?
lol why are you on this site then?
Because SFIV isn't out on consoles yet and Smash has the biggest fighting game tournament scene by far, probably because of fan service. Plus I did exaggerate. I enjoy the games overall, but they can get boring quickly.

Yeah gtfo. I don't hear any melee players complainin.
Most people don't complain about something they are a fanboy of. I also have no real complaints about Melee, just mad tired of it.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I'm probably one of the most jaded gamers on the planet. You're talking to a man that easily gets bored with some of the most celebrated titles in gaming history.

Side note: I got 94/100 super jumps in SMRPG yesterday and haven't managed to come close to that again. Grr.
First and second paragraphs are in complete contradiction to each other. Also, unless you can actually do that technical stuff, how can you say you dislike the game? That's like not knowing how to CG or space and then saying Dedede loses to Ganondorf.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
First and second paragraphs are in complete contradiction to each other. Also, unless you can actually do that technical stuff, how can you say you dislike the game? That's like not knowing how to CG or space and then saying Dedede loses to Ganondorf.
The paragraphs aren't contradictory because I actually am bored with SMRPG. I hadn't played the game in days, didn't have anything else better to do, so I attempted super jumps for about an hour before I got bored an turned the game off. Also I said "some of the most celebrated titles", not "all of the most celebrated titles".

And I never said I disliked Melee, it's a great game. I said I was bored with it. Meaning I have little interest in playing it in this particular moment in time, despite what my current level of skill may be. Same thing goes for Brawl. This could change on a whim in the next few hours, days or weeks.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
And I never said I disliked Melee, it's a great game. I said I was bored with it. Meaning I have little interest in playing it in this particular moment in time, despite what my current level of skill may be.
I have the following problem with those statements. As far as I know you don't KNOW what playing high/top level competitive Melee is like. IF you did and THEN you said you were bored with it I'd have no problem with you saying that.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I have the following problem with those statements. As far as I know you don't KNOW what playing high/top level competitive Melee is like. IF you did and THEN you said you were bored with it I'd have no problem with you saying that.
I knew what playing fast, technical Melee was like, dabbled in the tournament scene a bit and I did lose interest in it. The only reason I liked Melee was because of how fast and technical Fox could be played and because it was picked up by MLG a few years back. The general mechanics of smash games are pretty stale to me after like 10 years.

Once I lost interest in that, there was nothing else left in Melee to care about. I just prefer the mechanics of traditional fighting games, but unfortunately they tend to have much smaller tournaments scenes.

A question for you; I've seen you poke fun at WoW. Do you find WoW to be a boring game? Have you played WoW at a high/top level?

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
I knew what playing fast, technical Melee was like, dabbled in the tournament scene a bit and I did lose interest in it. The only reason I liked Melee was because of how fast and technical Fox could be played and because it was picked up by MLG a few years back. The general mechanics of smash games are pretty stale to me after like 10 years.

Once I lost interest in that, there was nothing else left in Melee to care about. I just prefer the mechanics of traditional fighting games, but unfortunately they tend to have much smaller tournaments scenes.

A question for you; I've seen you poke fun at WoW. Do you find WoW to be a boring game? Have you played WoW at a high/top level?
WoW? omg..lol

just wondering what games do you mean by "traditional fighting games"

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
WoW? omg..lol

I'm not gonna jump to conclusions about what "omg..lol" implies.

A traditional fighter is a game like Street Fighter or Tekken, common knowledge amongst gamers.

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
I'm not gonna jump to conclusions about what "omg..lol" implies.

A traditional fighter is a game like Street Fighter or Tekken, common knowledge amongst gamers.
im not a big gamer, i just really like the smash games.

i dont see how you can like those better than smash and say smash is boring. smash has so many more possibilities than games like tekken where your stuck with such a small range to move and its so slow, single jumps, etc...

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
than games like tekken where your stuck with such a small range to move and its so slow, single jumps, etc...
lol....its one thing to say u like smash better, but then to downplay tekken or any other fighting game for that matter isnt cool. its just like the people who use to play street fighter and call smash a party game(like me), lol.

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
lol....its one thing to say u like smash better, but then to downplay tekken or any other fighting game for that matter isnt cool. its just like the people who use to play street fighter and call smash a party game(like me), lol.
i like tekken, but i couldnt play it that long. it seems to have a very limited ability in what you can do (like a typical arcade game..fun for a little while but not to get really competitive)

dmbrandon

Smash Master
WoW? omg..lol

i dont see how you can like those better than smash and say smash is boring. smash has so many more possibilities than games like tekken where your stuck with such a small range to move and its so slow, single jumps, etc...
Is everything you say so stupid?

Possibilities doesn't mean better. Camden has plenty more opportunities to be shot and ***** than Old Bridge. Will you be moving there? You know, since possibilities > other ****. (like safety, and having comfort in knowing you can walk around at night.)

gg, kid.

I agree with Ether, completely. I'm bored. It's stale.

I play everything. I don't, however, play everything all the time.

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
Is everything you say so stupid?

Possibilities doesn't mean better. Camden has plenty more opportunities to be shot and ***** than Old Bridge. Will you be moving there? You know, since possibilities > other ****. (like safety, and having comfort in knowing you can walk around at night.)

gg, kid.

I agree with Ether, completely. I'm bored. It's stale.

I play everything. I don't, however, play everything all the time.
that was the most ******** example i've ever seen, why the hell would you move somewhere where theres lots of possibilites for a BAD things??

and i still think its worse overall, i dont care if you like it..why would i have a problem with what you like, its just opinion

Inui

Banned via Warnings
lol, so if i beat anyone in the top 15?

in a best 2/3. standard sbr rule play.

i could be ranked up there for top 15?
Consistency, who you beat and lose to, and how you place is what matters.

You don't have the results to be top 15 yet.

It's looking like...

1. Mew2King
2. teh_spamerer
3. Atomsk
4. Inui
5. BlackWaltz
6/7/8/9/10/11. Yes/Keitaro/MasterDaveNo1/Orion/Blue
11-15. Other people that have been active, like Eazy.

We might even be merging our list with PA's, which would slaughter the chances of a lot of players because of Pav and ChiboSempai.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
you better include me on this months rankings! and OVER YES!.. (<3 yes! but I have been more active than you) Just because I quit now doesn't mean I wasn't in the scene before!

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
Consistency, who you beat and lose to, and how you place is what matters.

You don't have the results to be top 15 yet.

It's looking like...

1. Mew2King
2. teh_spamerer
3. Atomsk
4. Inui
5. BlackWaltz
6/7/8/9/10/11. Yes/Keitaro/MasterDaveNo1/Orion/Blue
11-15. Other people that have been active, like Eazy.

We might even be merging our list with PA's, which would slaughter the chances of a lot of players because of Pav and ChiboSempai.

im alot better then when you saw me, i was in my scrub time.

ive advanced quite a bit.

you might be suprised, i find alot of people underestimate me.

you cant go by rankings still.. cuz just u could end up getting REALLY bad match ups.. like going against m2k right away. but then m2k beats ninja link, then u have to go up against ninja link in the losers, cuz some people have bad luck XD

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Tbagz I will money match you for my ranking $20. Meaning if I win, I get $20, if you win you get my ranking.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
It's not that Melee is boring. Melee Fox IS, however, after playing him for so long. Just did DK tech skill practice, and it was pretty fun.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Yes, I will money match you for my ranking $20. Meaning if I win, I get $20, if you win you get my ranking. :bee:
Kashif i really don't care about brawl rankings, so why would i risk $20 vs you.

Tbagz obviously thinks he's good enough to be ranked so I'm willing to offer my spot up if he puts down $20. If he really want's to be ranked the legit way he seriously has to step it up.

Kashif you're also a greedy wh0re. <3

dmbrandon

Smash Master
that was the most ******** example i've ever seen, why the hell would you move somewhere where theres lots of possibilites for a BAD things??

and i still think its worse overall, i dont care if you like it..why would i have a problem with what you like, its just opinion
You're stating smash>tekken. That's wrong. It's an opinion. your opinion is fine, but you're trying to make it fact.

im alot better then when you saw me, i was in my scrub time.

ive advanced quite a bit.

you might be suprised, i find alot of people underestimate me.

you cant go by rankings still.. cuz just u could end up getting REALLY bad match ups.. like going against m2k right away. but then m2k beats ninja link, then u have to go up against ninja link in the losers, cuz some people have bad luck XD
No johns. if you can't beat NL or m2k, then get better and beat them.

Why'd you quit?
qq's

Top Bottom