• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

JFox

Smash Hero
When talking on a smash forum, its usually best to call someone by their smash name so everyone knows what you are talkin about. Inui just calls him by his real name to try to sound cool, and sound like knows Chu, cuz he thinks he's sexy. Not to mention I was only half serious about the comment. w/e, stupid convo.

:) Lol @ DoYoung. :)

Zero_KoH

Smash Rookie
Whats wrong with calling someone by thier name? Calling someone by thier smash name when you know thier real name just sounds ******** imo.
When their smash tags are things like "Suprsmasherelete" or "Spikeyoo" i completely agree. But alot of smashers tags come from nicknames they have anyway, so it seems appropriate. Or maybe i'm ********... whichever suits you...:lick:

Reik

Smash Ace
While we're on the subject, can anyone come up with a better smash tag for me? I'm tired of Reik/Reek/Rike/Rake/whatever. ;_;

JFox

Smash Hero
How about something musical? You are a tune after all. :) Somethin like Timbre (although most people will end up calling you timber and not tamber) or crescendo...or cowbell lol.

Edit: Crescendo is pretty badass. If you don't like it, I might snatch it lol.

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
Ahh don't change your name... i was just about to add "Rick" to the ongoing list of mispronouncing Reik...

Besides, i think the fact that no one can pronounce the name adds flare. some people have trouble with mine (at least with saying the whole thing...) and i get a good giggle everynow and then.

Stick with it man. P-p-pwease...

JFox

Smash Hero
Hero, honestly...that was the worst name I think I've ever heard of. That is god awful. You should probably never play smash or come back to this forum again. In fact, you might wanna quit all forms of communication. While you are at it, you might wanna just get out of New Jersey.

laughing out loud out loud out loud out loud

Edit: Other cool musical names: Sonata, Forte.
Link to musical Jargon: http://www.brottmusic.com/educationmain/Glossary of Music Jargon.htm

Reik

Smash Ace
Haha... thanks for trying, guys. I can't use my real name, Mark, because that might get me confused with Marcus (the guy who teams with KDJ). I don't really like any of the musical names except for Forte, and a bunch of people on the boards already use varations of that. =/

I think the idea I like best is just changing the spelling to Rake. That way there's no confusion and people don't have to adjust too much.

LOL @ Sir Shines a Lot... xD

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I love how spamerer ONLY shows off videos of him doing super well and the other person effing up.

WE GET IT, YOU COUNTER ME OMG. .___.;

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I love how spamerer ONLY shows off videos of him doing super well and the other person effing up.

WE GET IT, YOU COUNTER ME OMG. .___.;
Well yeah, I don't like posting vids of me playing like garbage, which are all the vids of me that are up. I was only playing 75-80% in that match and that's like the best vid of my Falco that's taped.

DickChang

Smash Journeyman
haha, "HeyDick" is my doubles team name, since my partner's name is "Hey" and my name is "****". and... The Man Inside Me is wonderful.

Metal_man69

Smash Cadet
Name: Metal_man69
County: Ocean County
City: Jackson
Contact Info: AIM: Jetsfn911
Crew: none

JFox

Smash Hero
Its getting extremely difficult to update the tournament finder, and I feel as if some of these sections are really becoming a waste of time. Does anyone even check the finder to see whats going on in NJ? Probably not, and thats because things aren't running smoothly. The only way the NJ Finder can be useful is if its up to date. If people often see that it is behind, they will stop caring to check it.

So I'm asking, please, when you set up a tournament/smashfest in NJ, do NOT expect the admins to add your event, because they probably won't.

I mean c'mon, you guys pay money for people to know about your event using the smashboards advertising section, and yet you aren't willing to make a simple post with a link for your site?

Other than Mow, WHO IS OUT OF STATE, no one has let us know about their events. I'm talkin TSA bi-weeklies/Cheezit's monthlies, smashtality 3, CCX tourney, inui's smashfest, terrabite...all of these events have gotten on the Tounrey Finder late or not at all because the person running them didn't care enough to tell us.

So, ya want a place with reliable info on tourneys? Well your gonna have to put in a little effort. Care enough to make a simple post with a link to your event. Thats all I ask.

JFox

Smash Hero
So panelists...where's that new power ranking at. Seriously, I mean we have had one, while most states have already done 3-6. Maybe you guys need to step it up. I'd be glad to help if ya wanted some.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
So panelists...where's that new power ranking at. Seriously, I mean we have had one, while most states have already done 3-6. Maybe you guys need to step it up. I'd be glad to help if ya wanted some.
Relax, there aren't enough results to warrant a list change.

Top Bottom