• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No alternate costumes..

Eagle

Smash Lord
From the videos we've seen we see Mario changing colour on the select screen.
I'm dissapointed.. I wanted to play as him as Raccoon Mario, but he doesn't have any of that or even a Doctor Mario suit.

Pikachu has alternate costumes, but he got them in Melee too so it will probably be the same where Pokemon get costumes, but not people like Link getting Zora armour. T_T

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
you never know if Alts. are unlockables....

and yes Dark Link is gunna be awesome...

Frica

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't count them out just yet. Look at the amount of customization in this game: custom controls, TONS of music, names, all kinds of crap. It wouldn't suprise me at this point to see unlockable costumes or completely customizable color schemes for the characters.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Did anyone notice that Mario's green costume looked EXACTLY like Luigi's, unlike his green in Melee. For a second I got scared, but thne I snapped back into reality.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Yes, what video is dark link in? Is it an alternate costume or just him with black clothes and stuff?

Shuma

Smash Hero
None so far, and Mario's costume is green and brown not green and blue.

nyrick87

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't count them out just yet. Look at the amount of customization in this game: custom controls, TONS of music, names, all kinds of crap. It wouldn't suprise me at this point to see unlockable costumes or completely customizable color schemes for the characters.
This.

Plus, there's still 4 months 'till launch..they can still add alt costumes.

Remember, what they have right now is a DEMO (i.e. not by any means a final version of the game/characters).

My guess is that they're trying to polish important parts of gameplay before they give it the final touches (icing in the cake if you may) with alt costumes, colors, etc.

Eagle

Smash Lord
I really hope so.. Alt. colours for people with Alt. costumes is just so... boring..

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Palette switchs are easy and cheap more then anything else and if team brawls remain the same your more then likely still going to have the palette switchs for those colors at least.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Yea, I wish we got to actually see a pic of dark link. I might go back to maining Link just so I can be Dark Link.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
perhaps you need to unlock them or complete somthing in a match to get them (personaly i would love to see paper mario and Miror Kirby and Miror Meta Knight!

Gaiash

Smash Cadet
No alternate costumes makes me sad. I wanted Bulbasaur as an alt for Pokemon Trainer's Ivysaur.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
What about the Fire Mario costume, Dark Link, Dark Meta Knight, and the Snow Gorilla DK costumes?

Wuth

Smash Rookie
Meh, nothing's been confirmed... There's still a chance. And like the others said before, Dark Link strongly supports the idea of multiple costumes... Though I have to wonder to what extent he changes... Are his clothes and skin just darker? Is it just a new color swap?

mkmelee

Smash Lord
I don't believe so.

If there are no alternate costumes in Brawl, that'll suck hard.

I'd still play of course, but alternate costumes/personal cutomization would be much appreciated.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Hmmm...

Well, Brawl is still in development, as Sakurai has stated. Perhaps they'll add different alternate costumes later on?

Igneous42

Smash Ace
it is just a demo though, so it's possible there will be alt costumes and they just chose not to show that. Link does supposedly have a dark Link costume in the demo.
It is just a demo so things are subject to change. Notice Pit grabbed a smash ball twice, but wait sakurai said it can only be used once per match....Change in gameplay or just something demo only?

errtu

Smash Apprentice
DARK LINK. maybe there's more alt costumes, they can be unlocked. ot looks like this game has a thousand things to uncover. all that music man.. so awesome. but yeah let's hope there's more dark link type alt costumes.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
From the videos we've seen we see Mario changing colour on the select screen.
I'm dissapointed.. I wanted to play as him as Raccoon Mario, but he doesn't have any of that or even a Doctor Mario suit.

Pikachu has alternate costumes, but he got them in Melee too so it will probably be the same where Pokemon get costumes, but not people like Link getting Zora armour. T_T
thats a very stupid reason to be mad.:urg:

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
it is just a demo though, so it's possible there will be alt costumes and they just chose not to show that. Link does supposedly have a dark Link costume in the demo.
It is just a demo so things are subject to change. Notice Pit grabbed a smash ball twice, but wait sakurai said it can only be used once per match....Change in gameplay or just something demo only?
Maybe it was a misinterpretation and he meant you can only use a final smash once you have a Smash Ball, or something like that. Or maybe they decided to change it. Remember when we first saw Fox he had his blaster out at all times, but by the time the updates started coming he was back to normal. The game is still in development, things change.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I just recently read that Fire Mario is available as an alternate costume.

Also, Luigi's look, but I'm assuming that's some sort of joke or something.

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fully customizable colors is all i want. And it isn't that hard to implement.

Chepe

Smash Lord
I like how people expected alternate costumes the way people imagined them. I knew all along that it was going to be just like Melee - they are mere color swaps that mimic another character or element of the series, but they DO NOT CHANGE voice, dimensions, size, shape, moves, range, NAME, etc. If it did any of those it would be a clone character sharing the same slot, which would be sloppy...

In Melee, "Wario" Mario doesnt get fatter, and "Daisy" Peach's face doesnt change to Daisy's, so alternate costumes as most want them are a bad fan idea. So no "Pichu" Pikachu, "Tanuki" Mario, "Birdo" Yoshi, "Dry Bones" Bowser, etc. Those would just look ridiculous!

Eagle

Smash Lord
Yes, dry bones alternate costume would be idiotic.

Anyways, alot of us don't want alternate costumes the way you suggested it. In fact they arn't really even costumes they're alternate CHARACTERS.

I was really hoping for something like, Raccoon Mario, Zora Link, Doctor Mario, things that are actually alternate COSTUMES.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
What about the Fire Mario costume, Dark Link, Dark Meta Knight, and the Snow Gorilla DK costumes?
Those are ALL COLORS!

Just because Dark Links skin is black doesnt mean its another costume. Technically its not. Technically speaking its just a palette swap.

Costumes are ACTUAL POLYGON/MODEL changes.

Think Jiggly Puff, Pichu and Pikachu in Melee...THOSE were alt costumes.

Top Bottom