• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Johns June 5th! Results Thread!!

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Alukard - good job hosting / running this event. I was really nervous when it was like 8:30 and singles were just starting but once it got down to business it was extremely well run and I was amazing with how quickly it went. I'd love to make it to more of your tournies, especially the ROM series, but I'm just never in town when they happen:(

1: warriorknight (JMAN) - good job on winning again
2: vanz - wow all your characters are amazing, and I love the diversity too!
3: Th0rn - good job on 3rd! we never got to play:(
4: Chopz - thanks for those matches at the end of the day. your falco is crazy
5: djn - dammit you're so hard to play against LOL. sorry again about trying to wobble you, alukard forgot to put it in the rules and if it's not banned it'd be foolish not to use it right?
5: tec0 - we really gotta play singles matches next time. I was really impressed by your play.
7: Hax - I love your Falcon and our matches are always great but I just wish I was more on with my tech while playing you for real. Good stuff though, keep persevering and you'll be winning again in no time:)
7: eggm - we never played:(
9: Reno - good friendlies
9: Nintendude - moving up in the world
9: Swift - Thanks again for teaming, I think we have AMAZING potential in teams if we work more at it. I can't wait to do it again at Apex.
13: G$ - you gotta learn the ICs matchup lol
13: Sol - what a beast
13: otg - you're right I definitely have to make it out more but I always have busy / travel johns LOL. I'll definitely hit you up for some pre-Apex training when I return to the states.
17: banks - I still can't believe I managed to pull back the 3rd match like that. Was a pleasure meeting / playing you.
17: winston - Nice meeting you, let's play next time!
25: rykard - thanks for all the support!
25: voodoo - your Ganon wrecked me so bad in friendlies. gotta work on that one
25: Ky - glad to see the legend back in action. You were literally the only person all day who consistently beat my Luigi.
33: D1 - all these years and we've still never played or met
33: ranmaru - good friendlies, keep working on that Doc
33: ultimascout - ggs
33: phish it - good seeing you again. you're as fun to play as always, wish we could have played more.
49: crismas - it was great to finally meet you! Your Peach is really good too. I'd be happy to get an ICs sticker from you sometime:)

The guy that was friends with Richard - nice meeting / playing you, keep at it!

Everyone else - ggs, see you at Apex!

Alukard

Smash Hero
We dont play everyday alu (i wish we could), tho last week we were cracking a bit too much in prep for no johns lol.
o no i wasn't implying that lol ... i was just stating that in general ... i pretty much play sf4 anytime i'm free and thats the tourney prep i do with watching replays to help with match ups and stuff ...

pretty much just like smashers used to do and bring game bridges to smashfests LOL

otg

Smash Master
o no i wasn't implying that lol ... i was just stating that in general ... i pretty much play sf4 anytime i'm free and thats the tourney prep i do with watching replays to help with match ups and stuff ...

pretty much just like smashers used to do and bring game bridges to smashfests LOL
oh word I feel you. ****ing recording in general tho, i have no patience going through that **** and editing and what not.

Alukard

Smash Hero
bracket images are up peoples !!!! ...

i'm tired from recreating it X_x ... GOODNIGHT melee has taken up like 36 hours out of the past 48 >_>

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
prog here, shoutouts later.

uploads probably starting wednesday, syncing up commentary audio (thanks to all our commentators) with the matches is going to take long as hell.

[scientology]

D1

Banned via Administration
****!

I wanna do shoutouts, but I guess when I'm ready XD.

Good times to all ggz to all.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
33: chred - nice friendlies. you told otg we go even? loooooool come on now
hahaha yeah i know you win, i mostly meant you don't three stock me....like otg's marth was doing when i first showed up lolz

also fsmash ***** you lol

to everyone i played, good ****, i'll do real shoutouts after a while. I'll just do two real quick.

Sol, I'm not gonna lie, your trashtalk/teammate's trashtalk was kind of annoying BUT you are still a nice sheik, and I'm man enough to say i lost straight up, good ****!

Otg, same goes for you! I wanna play you again some time. I'm sad we didn't play friendlies after that, you're the first doc i've played besides boss who straight up beats me.

The funny thing is I think I could've won the FD match if i didn't kill myself, you just straight up 2 stocked me on yoshi's lol. I'm more afraid of getting grabbed by you than ICs lol

My youtube channel is just my SN for whenever I get vids up.

Quick question, I have several singles matches of an Ice Climbers player, one is vs. ultima scout, is that Nintendude?

edit: oKay yes it is.

I have 2 videos, one of them is me vs. otg, and nintendude vs. ultima and nintendude vs. DJN, I know the other one has me vs. sol and some teams matches.

Also what looks like a bunch of friendlies with hax, i'll search those for **** combos

book

Smash Apprentice
This was loads of fun. Thanks Alu and everyone else who helped run the event. Didn't always introduce myself, but I was the white guy w/ green plaid shirt.

Off the top of my head...

Tuna - Good **** in teams, but singles? Honestly? GET ****IN HOUSED! Definitely.
OTG + Niko - Placing high like I knew you would.
Th0rn - Thanks for the friendlies. I couldn't keep up. You are way too good.
Animal - Good set in doubles. Thanks for the friendlies later on. Hope to see you at some local smashfests.
Pr0g - Didn't recognize me. We have played together at least half a dozen times. Scientology.
Nando - Fun friendlies. Our tourney set was grimy. Sorry to go Puff, but once you take me to Brinstar all bets are off :p
Eggm - Almost had you! Upsmash edgeguard was too much.
Voodoo - Solid Ganon. Nice playing with you.
Rykard - Please don't feel bad, you earned the win. I'll get you next time! :)
T. Webb - What happened to our friendlies?! After watching you play a bit, I don't think I would have stood a chance.
Chain-Ace - Fun games. See you around.
Winston - Really good Luigi. You were messing me up in friendlies.
Tec0, Jman, DJN - Fun doubles friendlies.

Sorry if I forgot anyone.

otg

Smash Master
Hey dnt wrry Hazz just look at it this way, you only placed 2 spots behind the best team in tristate right. Good **** G.
lmao

Otg, same goes for you! I wanna play you again some time. I'm sad we didn't play friendlies after that, you're the first doc i've played besides boss who straight up beats me.
My Marth is pretty good tho, people be sleeping on it. If you aint used to Avalanche's "murt" **** talk then you're going to get ***** no matter what, Phish, Sol and Ky are all nuts.

I thought I 2 or 3 stocked you on FD? I could be wrong, I'm a stoner and everything, I guess I just gotta see the vids to remember. And yeah my bad I didn't really play friendlies. Like I mentioned earlier I barely played any friendlies throughtout the day at all... I was so OD on smash by that Saturday lol, I almost didn't want to go. glad i did tho.

Any chance at all that OTG/D1 vs Eggm/Thorn got recroded?

That really should have been on the main tv because there was so much hype for it.
I don't think it was, too bad tho, that was the most hype ****ing set ever. Good **** to you guys for making it that way :laugh: lol. Also mike, I forgot to talk to you further about Purchase, so if you're interested at all in it hit me up.

Eggm

Smash Hero
This was loads of fun. Thanks Alu and everyone else who helped run the event. Didn't always introduce myself, but I was the white guy w/ green plaid shirt.

Off the top of my head...

Tuna - Good **** in teams, but singles? Honestly? GET ****IN HOUSED! Definitely.
OTG + Niko - Placing high like I knew you would.
Th0rn - Thanks for the friendlies. I couldn't keep up. You are way too good.
Animal - Good set in doubles. Thanks for the friendlies later on. Hope to see you at some local smashfests.
Pr0g - Didn't recognize me. We have played together at least half a dozen times. Scientology.
Nando - Fun friendlies. Our tourney set was grimy. Sorry to go Puff, but once you take me to Brinstar all bets are off :p
Eggm - Almost had you! Upsmash edgeguard was too much.
Voodoo - Solid Ganon. Nice playing with you.
Rykard - Please don't feel bad, you earned the win. I'll get you next time! :)
T. Webb - What happened to our friendlies?! After watching you play a bit, I don't think I would have stood a chance.
Chain-Ace - Fun games. See you around.
Winston - Really good Luigi. You were messing me up in friendlies.
Tec0, Jman, DJN - Fun doubles friendlies.

Sorry if I forgot anyone.
Haha that was funny got it like everytime. xD

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
Daaaamn this was fun as hell. Thanks Alu for hosting and making sure everything ran smoothly. Despite the SD, we had a pretty decent tourney set...you did really well especially considering how ****ty shiek-marth is :/ Next time maybe share hosting responsibilities with a few other people so you can get in more games? If you're not glued to doubles next time you're at OTG's let's get some more matches in :p

1: warriorknight (JMAN) -- You're definitely one of the nastiest players around. Come through to OTG's place sometime soon so we can play some :D
2: vanz -- Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn good **** on 2nd man. You'll go #1 next time. Also good **** on coming down to Max's more often now, playing you is mad fun :D
3: Th0rn -- I definitely called that I would have to play you in tourney...ahah, good friendlies man. Can't wait to watch my *** get beat on YouTube :D
4: Chopz -- You're too good. Would love to get in some matches with you at some point ahah.
5: djn -- Good **** on 5th. You're definitely the most creative player I've played/watched. Next time you come down to OTG's let's get in some games.
5: tec0 -- Only played you in some doubles at the beginning, but nice job in teams and on getting 5th :D
7: Hax -- Next time you come by OTG's we better get in some matches (/**** me in falcon dittos)
7: eggm -- Next No Johns were definitely getting in some matches. NO JOHNS
9: Reno -- Let's play next time :)
9: Nintendude -- ICs...what a pain in the ***. Good friendlies :p Come down to OTG's more
9: Swift -- Let's play next time :)
9: Tag -- One of few foxes not to get fooled by OTG's gay doc. Definitely want to get in some games with you next time :D
13: Niko -- Yo honestly...definitely no homo...GET ****IN HOUSED HONESTLY DEFINITELY!?!?!
13: G$ -- Nice friendlies :D You are **** crazy though, I'd **** myself if I had to play you in tournament when that music was playing
13: Sol -- Murt murt...Avalanche is definitely at least on par with TFS ***********. Good ****.
13: otg -- Yo honestly...definitely no homo...GET ****IN HOUSED HONESTLY DEFINITELY!?!?!...No homo
17: nando -- There can only be ONE captain...and that Captain is Preq. Let's play next time though :D
17: animal -- Good **** in doubles. Wanted to get some games in, but couldn't find the time :(
17: banks -- Let's play next time :)
17: Stric Nyne -- Let's play next time :)
17: winston -- Good **** in doubles/friendlies. Luigi is definitely a pain in the *** :(
17: wenbo -- Let's play next time :)
17: tuna -- ***** HONESTLY GET ****IN HOUSED...place better next time, no johns
17: t webb -- Maaaan you look like you got way better since I last played you forever ago. Let's try to organize some **** with TFS and Avalanche, that's definitely the most ******** force in tristate.
25: thx -- Let's play next time :)
25: apok -- Let's play next time :)
25: rykard -- Daaamn yeah, we definitely should have gotten in at least a few matches :( Next time :)
25: voodoo -- Let's play next time :)
25: SOLAR -- You are definitely hyper as **** man, but good **** in friendlies :)
25: Prog -- ......smokehouse? Good **** in doubles. Next time you come by Max's we're playing some singles
25: Chain Ace -- Let's play next time :)
25: Ky -- Good **** in friendlies. I'm surprised I didn't have to play you in brackets, cause that **** always happens z_z
33: D1 -- Goku...gooood **** in teams. Didn't get to play you at all last time you came through though :( Next time
33: deathknight -- Let's play next time :)
33: socks -- Good tourney matches :D
33: ranmaru -- Let's play next time :)
33: book -- Yo honestly...definitely no homo...GET ****IN HOUSED HONESTLY DEFINITELY!?!?!
33: roman -- Let's play next time :)
33: shoopman -- Let's play next time :)
33: Slox -- Let's play next time :)
33: crimson -- loool so many friendlies. Keep working on that marth, you'll be beast (gay) in no time :)
33: ultimascout -- Let's play next time :)
33: chred -- Let's play next time :)
33: lunar -- Let's play next time :)
33: phish it -- Didn't get any matches in against you this time :( Next time. All you avalanche kids are definitely ********...which means TFS and Avalanche would probably result in the pinnacle of ***********
49: crismas -- Let's play next time :)
49: TRK -- Let's play next time :)
49: white mike -- Let's play next time :)
49: smashjin -- Let's play next time :)

EDIT: Daaamn look at all those smiley faces. Too lazy to take them out. Deal with them nyukkas :D

otg

Smash Master
Tunas post TL;DR version:

To everyone who lies in NY that has come to OTG's house before and I played/didn't play, go to OTG's house and ggs/let's play at OTG's house.

To Avalanche: your crew is ********, our crew is ********, and you only live 40 minutes away. Let's have ******** babies.

To everyone I didn't play: :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

To alu: NO JOHNS. *throws chair*

/troll

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
GOOD ****

But everyone don't forget, definitely go to OTG's hosue if I didn't make that clear enough...he'll definitely give you warm milk and cookies if he likes you...DEFINITELY

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I like milk! OTG gimmee milk! (my fave drink)

Milk + Smash = YAY

Alukard

Smash Hero
nice tag team troll otg and HBK ...

well i'm hyped for the next tourney already ...

Alukard

Smash Hero
werd ... he is ... yo HBK u and Hazz team MM me and G again?

and anyone else for that matter LOL

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
ah you're right otg, you two stocked me on FD, but again, I killed myself twice :\ Hence I still think i was doing better on FD than yoshi's lol

Alukard

Smash Hero
Yea I kinda figured thats what you meant. We're on the same page. Forgot to mention, great job hosting, as usual.
thanks bro ... LMFAO @ all the people coming to me like omg its 8:20 and he wants to start now ... we aren't leaving till 2 am

people forget i been hosting since august 2008!!!!!

and hazz ... its onnnnnnnn !!! =]

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
upload update: audio is synced for all of doubles.

up next...singles.

kosher.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Shoutouts =D

1: warriorknight (JMAN) - Most ridiculous player ever? =3 <333 thanks for the Fox dittos man always love them from you

2: vanz - Best partner ever as always <3 I told you we were gonna **** =3. Beast job on 2nd place bro keep it up ^_^

3: Th0rn - Good **** on getting 3rd and good match in winners semis(I think?) definitely was a good game man. Look forward to a rematch though :lick:

4: Chopz - Gaaaah you're sooooo good vs Fox its so ****en unfair :(. Definitely want a rematch Chopz you're too good >___<

5: djn - We got 5th because we're both amazing? good **** DJ :) awesome doubles finals match too

5: tec0 - You suck wtf, you only do good in doubles cuz your partner is ****

7: Hax - =/ at playing bad. You're too good though, **** just happens from time to time bro. We gotta play more friendlies next time, I was just exhausted at the end and just couldn't play sorry dude :( <3

7: eggm - I think you were playing bad? I dunno in any case we need to play more friendlies... I dunno how but we do :)

9: Reno - I swear watching you play sheik made me realize.... that I wanna play sheik <3. You were always an inspiration to play sheik <33333 keep playing bro ;)

9: Nintendude - I was really impressed at your play in doubles dude, you just never died even again a peach/Fox O_o. Sorry I couldn't play you in our MM next time, promise ;)

9: Swift - Thanks for liking my fox <333 I always love your fox we fox brothers gotta stick together... and come over my house again plz =D

9: Tag - Didn't play :( but you know I <333 you. We need to chill and play more dude.

13: Niko - I didn't marth ditto you :( next time?

13: G$ - As always had an awesome doubles match vs you/alu I can't wait for doubles matches to upload to hear your **** LOL

13: Sol - I didn't hang out with avalanche enough :( good stuff though :)

13: otg - You played really good in doubles was really surprised actually. We didn't play singles though so :( next time man

17: banks - I was your first opponent? O_O thats kinda =/. But good match regardless come down again sheik players are too awesome imo :)

25: voodoo - You were maaad chill bro. Glad you came over, and hope you'll come over again. We need to hang out more ;)

25: Prog - EC's Waffles imo we need to meet up somewhere, go to Qdoba and play melee.

33: D1 - Waaaah? Pick it up bro you got this. Come over sometime we gotta play :)

33: deathknight - Why do you always wanna be my first round opponent? :mad: haha good matches man.

33: roman - You can do better step it up =D.... and play me more <333

33: Slox - :( We need more friendlies we definitely didn't play enough. Next time lets like take over a TV ;) was nice meeting you though.

33: ultimascout - Haven't seen you in AGES. Glad you made it out there go to more stuff so we can chill :)

33: chred - =D glad you came over man, hope you had fun at my place =D come over again.

33: lunar - Fun friendlies! :) Aren't marth dittos so fun! XD

49: crismas - Waaah >____> Why do you hate me? :( I see how it is avoidin me and ****...
<3333333 hang out with me more plz

Oh and a shoutout to Oorah for.. being ridiculous loud as usual and driving me there. Come over for training so you can ENTER next time scrub :mad:

Oh and Alukard, yaaa we should team at least once **** would be so fun. And thanks for hosting <3333333

Cia

das kwl
I had fun at this.. some quick shout outs

Alukard - u keep tristate melee alive <3

Teczero - We ****. We really do. let's try and use only 10 different combinations next time =D thanks for picking up the slack when i couldn't do anything right.

Prog - Myself and others really do appreciate all that you do for the melee scene (set ups, recording + uploading) I know it's hard to do a bunch of editting/synching. just wanted you to know that your hard work isn't going unnoticed. =)

OTG & the regulars, you guys make me better. thanks for all of the practice =)

Enzo + Warriorknight - you guys need to make me amazing again (I was at my best when i used to play you guys consistantly) throw a smashfest and hit me up =D

The Tunes - We still ****!! soo good!

MD crew - you guys are amazing despite how hateful you think I am..

i hate u all

ppl that didn't show - you missed out, but you were missed

Oorah + Crismas - you guys made transportation possible (and amazing)

No matter how much i wanna leave the game, I <3 the community too much to do so I'll probably see everyone else at the next one

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
IB - Prog has a ton, he's just synching up the commentary with the vids.

Oh and Prog, definitely what Vanz said, definitely appreciate your effort to make Tristate melee that much better.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
shoutout time

to all the ppl who i didnt play....im sry. I'm beginning to learn how to pace myself at tourneys. I dun play much because I use lots of energy in tourney and I'm afraid that I'll tire myself out on tourney match high.(if that makes sense). Im working on it and I will play more friendlies. sometimes I feel like I miss out on power sessions =(

alukard/hazz/Prog/stacy; thx for running this and doin TO stuff. I hope my commentary came out good.

D1/VUDU; yo def tag teamed commentary mad hard. Hopefully I wasnt hoggin the mic too much like chris hu XD

Chillindude; I had a sf4 setup ready you scrub =). i wish you could've made it cuz i have never faced you in tourney or even played friendlies with you since like VLS(which was forever ago)

wife; wish u were there to give me tips on commentary

greg; wish you came so hax's nuts wouldnt be rode so hard by all of the falcon lovers.

jaden/haley; My voice had been gone for about 48 hrs. Its still not 100%. Holy **** I went dumb hard cheering for you guys

Nintendude; Team Chu/Chillin reborn

roman; we shouldve played or chatted. saving that subway DEF HELPED ME in tourney!!!

chops; I **** talked alot but on the commentary I def gave you ur props. regardless of how much I hate falco you are a great player and cool to watch good stuff

jman; yo stay hydrated my dude. Hope I helped and good stuff still winning and reppin fox.

thorn; more impressive than ever good stuff.

banks; still the best I've ever seen a shiek Dash dance. I owe you a money match or at least MAD falco/shiek friendlies.

animal; saw u and prog gettin off in teams a bit was commentating dat ****.

eggm; heartbreaker set as usual. lol edge-guarding with upsmash is beast.

chu2/zeek; yo guys were beastin with shiek/marth. DEF got some srs talent. Def knew y'all were from BROOKLYN cuz y'all were goin hard.
chu2; yo your marth was getting it in during teams I saw dat ****.

tag; you vs chops was one of the best sets I've seen.

Sol; wow very close set. You are so solid overall and its amazing since you really dun even come out that often. That set we had could've gone either way. I escaped that loss by the skin of my teeth.

DJN; probly the best I've seen you play in a while. You def are taking singles more srsly and its showing. you kept me guessing at times where you usually don't. I was really thrown by your solid play and mixups this time around, def polished your game good stuff. you RLY should play ssf4 =)

alukard; good stuff with hosting and getting the space and running stuff.

gmoney; nice session towards the end. nice chat and marth/ganon fights.

ssf4 guys bring your sticks next time!

strictnyn3; good stuff in our set. I almost switched to marth on you after game 1. you kinda beasted me.

new ppl I met; thanks for showing up and being so good for newbies. I wish i could take y'all back in time to when I went to my first few big tourneys where I played HBK for 1.5hrs to never take a game off. Or when I played Zanguzen in round 1 and got served the fastest 0-2 lost in my smash career. Or when I first saw PC chris and was too shy to ask for a friendly. Or when.........y'all get the point =). y'all have come a long way.

chard;thx for recording and stuff.

vudu; thx for commentating and stuff with me

thumbs; =( i thought u were there for like half of the tourney. was sad when i found out I thought wrong.

hax; WTF you do something new and revolutionary every tourney. STOP DAT ****!!!!!!!!

Marth mains; good **** hold marth down

MODDED WII; get at you streets of rage theme!!!

Top Bottom