• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Johns Oct 1st Results

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
LOL I have like 9000 dollars in my bank account and that's over like 5 years of saving up. College and traveling and paying rent and food to live ***** me. I'm also owed 4000 dollars in loans to various smashers, of which I realize now most won't get paid back to me, and I'm owed almost 7000 dollars from tournaments that I won not paying me out (Pound5, activegamers, winterfest, SNES, and one other big one that I forget the name of), and my mom owes me 10,000 dollars (she had to borrow it to pay for bills for the house while I was on my travels). Another few thousand was used paying rent in ohio and also paying for my college in ohio, which recently I found out wouldn't transfer to the NJ camden county college, so that was a complete waste of time and money. I don't have nearly as much money as people think; it's kind of the opposite in all honesty.

Velocity has been a Philly smasher Doc player from the old melee days back in like 2006 or something, and played brawl for a year but then quit cuz he got bored and now he constantly goes to melee tournaments. If you live in Philadelphia, and you want to get to a NY melee tournament, you should ask him, since he drives there (usually with me) every NY Melee event

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Mogwai plays as much as he can with his work schedule, goes to no johns: 7th place

Mogwai says **** it and doesn't play smash for 6 months, goes to no johns cause it's on his way home from an IRL engagement: 7th place

:laugh:

anyway, good times, good to see mad old heads that I ain't seen in a minute, maybe I'll try to make more of these.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
2 things to say

1) M2K you play like a ****ing ******. im so glad i didnt go to this tourney that you ended up being at cause i wouldve just gotten ledgecamped all 4 stocks since you have no cojones and know my character can't do anything vs it
Real mature, Hax. Character johns. What a top player. =P

VGmasta

Smash Lord
LOL I have like 9000 dollars in my bank account and that's over like 5 years of saving up. College and traveling and paying rent and food to live ***** me. I'm also owed 4000 dollars in loans to various smashers, of which I realize now most won't get paid back to me, and I'm owed almost 7000 dollars from tournaments that I won not paying me out (Pound5, activegamers, winterfest, SNES, and one other big one that I forget the name of), and my mom owes me 10,000 dollars (she had to borrow it to pay for bills for the house while I was on my travels). Another few thousand was used paying rent in ohio and also paying for my college in ohio, which recently I found out wouldn't transfer to the NJ camden county college, so that was a complete waste of time and money. I don't have nearly as much money as people think; it's kind of the opposite in all honesty.
Damn, I'm getting frustrated at everything now. My bank account is pretty damn close to 0$ with absolutely no source of income. :urg:

The way you just put it, it actually sounds like you would be rich (or about 21,000 dollars richer) without all of those extravagant investments to people. But that's cool that you were actually helping people like that, especially your moms. 4,000 dollars is extremely generous, especially with this economy going the way it is now. You must be a really nice guy and totally respect that. The world needs more people with compassion and ethics.

Velocity... not bad at all. Looks like him and OTG (guy's in 5th or 9th just about every tournament) run it up there with Doc. Respect.
:drmario: :drmario: :drmario:

Mew2King

King of the Mews
I didn't gay him at all, EVER. Last tourney at D1s I won I think it was jv 2 and then 2 stock with sheik and then in crew battle my marth almost 4 stocked him. I wasn't gaying him out at ALL, and it's insulting that he said that. But if he insists I play gayer then so be it cuz I can.

id prolly have like 40k-50k by now if not for being overly nice + bad luck at a lot of stuff

kevo

Smash Journeyman
Isn't the point of the game to reduce your enemy's stocks in the most safe and efficient way possible? Why edgehop bair when you can just stand on the edge and dsmash? I think people just have mad johns because "Mew2King gayyyeeddd me boo hoo!"

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
The point of competitive play is to win. If players can only john about ledge camping, instead of figuring out a way to beat it, then they'll never improve, because the knowledge of how to beat that particular technique will probably come up with more than M2K.

Alukard

Smash Hero
lololol at the people talking about beating a specific technique LMFAO ... yo m2k can a ledge camping jiggs be stopped...??? last time i heard from your very mouth was i hate this game because that exists ... u ban metaknight and u dont ban her!?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
what i think is that jiggs and MK's planking are both broken (and several other brawl characters I will name on 2nd paragraph) and that's why I support a LGL, (but for brawl's case, an extended timer is needed as well), to discourage this type of playing. Other characters can plank too. MK and jiggs do it the best, then in melee sheik is 2nd best, but honestly her planking is very stoppable and is not remotely comparable to jigglypuffs planking. i think in melee only jigglypuff would require a LGL, since sheik's barely gives her any advantage (Hax just doesn't want to even try to stop it).

In Brawl, GW and DK and Pit can also plank really well. To the point that inui beat me in a tourney match in early 2008 by planking me with pit, utd Zac won an entire tournament in TX at a tournament with no LGL, beating players he was clearly outclassed by (such as Gnes, I think Razer, and dominated everybody else), and Will 3 stocked Rich Brown by planking with DK on game 3 after getting a stock lead. In Brawl specifically, planking is detrimental to making the game more fun (and skill based), which is why I definitely support a LGL in that game.

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
Mew2king plays to win, you don't get a trophy for not bein' gay, just for winning

GOTM

Smash Champion
Honestly, 8-Bit is right. It really only comes down to winning. As far as I know, M2K has never cheated in tournament, he's only played to the best of his ability according to the most current rule-set.

However one thing to keep in mind, he'll never get the respect that some other players have gotten. People like Isai, or someone who plays a mid (or lower) tier character in tournament and does well, or someone who is just very fun to watch and extremely aggressive, those types of players will always get more respect from the community than just a pure winner.

If I was M2K, I would just say **** it. Get my money, and move the **** on. There's always going to be haters because some people don't have the patience, nor the ignorance to play as well as M2K does.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
I haven't even DONE anything though. I COULD ledge plank with sheik way way way way harder than last time if i wanted, i could just go marth vs everyone but a lot of times for fun i go Doc, Falco, Peach, Mewtwo (i did this last week vs 3 different people in singles bracket). I could gladly play gayer if that's what he wants though, but apparently when i gimp or don't approach (sheik and marth are DEFENSIVE characters) and punish his approaches, then I'm suddenly being "gay"

actually vs most people, i let them choose my character or go a fun character at least once per set. hax is just being salty for absolutely no reason at all

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
To say M2K's matches aren't fun to watch because of the way he plays is a bit unfair. I mean, even though he didn't win in this particular match, his match vs. Brood at Apex 2010 was one of the most epic and exciting matches I've seen in Smash Bros.. Yeah, M2K played "gay" later on, but the fact that Brood managed to hang on for dear life the way he did, even surviving hits I swore should have KO'd him... I mean, you can't get anymore epic than that.

I mean, I'm sure M2K can appreciate giving everyone a hell of a match to watch, win or lose.

Smashjin

Smash Ace
To say M2K's matches aren't fun to watch because of the way he plays is a bit unfair. I mean, even though he didn't win in this particular match, his match vs. Brood at Apex 2010 was one of the most epic and exciting matches I've seen in Smash Bros.. Yeah, M2K played "gay" later on, but the fact that Brood managed to hang on for dear life the way he did, even surviving hits I swore should have KO'd him... I mean, you can't get anymore epic than that.

I mean, I'm sure M2K can appreciate giving everyone a hell of a match to watch, win or lose.
You do you know what game they were playing... right?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
well i haven't done anything gay last tourney at all or the one before it (in fact i changed between multiple chars for fun and always do **** combos) but since hax seems to like to insult me for no reason i wouldnt mind making it an exception for just him next time -.-. calling me gay seems to be the new fad regardless of if and when its ever true or not

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
well i haven't done anything gay last tourney at all or the one before it (in fact i changed between multiple chars for fun and always do **** combos) but since hax seems to like to insult me for no reason i wouldnt mind making it an exception for just him next time -.-. calling me gay seems to be the new fad regardless of if and when its ever true or not
Well, you shouldn't really let people you - in all reality - know not from a hole in a wall bring about a rain of piss on your day. I mean, for those who don't call you "gay", play against them and have a ball.

For those who call you "gay", when you play with them, play as gay as gay can be. Hell, crossdress while you're at it, just to spite them harder. Yeah, it'll give them reason to say you're "gay" even more, but who cares? Who would they be to you? You're always gonna have haters.

Animal

Smash Lord
Shoutout to codi and lefty for crashin at my dorms running through brooklyn looking for chipotle, and giving me a ride. Always mad fun, shoutouts to progdilla for teaming with me and pulling off the new wombo combo on codi and lefty that of course wasnt recorded haha T.Webb we always have tight sets, always good seeing you improve, and Mogwai GG's always wanted to test my fox on your falco. It was nice seeing all the people i havnt seen in a while, and thx to alu and alex strife for running it nice and smoothly.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Don't let hax fool you, falcon's the campiest character there is. He just looks cool while doing it so people don't *****. He can't approach anybody effectively and hates that he's as bad as he is. People shouldn't lose to falcon, but I'm glad they do. It looks sweet.

:phone:

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
I say don't mind him. He's gonna have to learn to think more strategically if he's gonna win against you. And I actually had fun with our mirror match despite being humiliated by you! Heck I found no reason to complain when I had fun. :)

AlexanderTriad

Smash Ace
*Makes a melodramatic entrance* I'M BACK.... M2K wtf you were supposed to change ur avatar to that from the Aphex Twin video we watched. Velocity was right, you lie!

D

Deleted member

idk if GF were recorded, but i beat jmans marth with falco twice. 2nd game i almost got a 4 stock on his marth, but then got ***** back in falco ditto, then we just goofed off with different characters a lot. idk if any of it was recorded tho. i know WF was i think but not GF

and all the matches were fast paced fyi

but when i fight a good falcon im definitely going to play as gay as possible because falcon is bad against that stuff
doooschee baggg

Top Bottom