• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NO KOAST v2 - Oct. 24th Wichita,KS (MW-W Championship) Pre-register now!

fragbait

Smash Master
I can supply Godzilla: Unleashed or Destroy all Monsters or Super Smash bros Melee for the crappy games tourney
Oh ****, I went there.
That was a joke
But seriously, Gotan has all the ****ty Godzilla fighting games, for the **** game tourney.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dude Godzilla Destroy all monsters was BROKEN! After throwing them into a green barrier and getting at least 3 uppercuts on them, you can corner them and shoot your Beam at them after charging it some, which forces them back into the barrier even if they block, which breaks their guard and lets them get hit by the rest of your beam attack.

OMG you HAVE to have that game there lolol.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Do most people consider TMNT - Tournament Fighters (SNES) a good or bad game?

I can supply Godzilla: Unleashed or Destroy all Monsters or Super Smash bros Melee for the crappy games tourney
Oh ****, I went there.
That was a joke
Jokes are supposed to be funny.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
"In order for a joke to be old, it has to be funny first."

I like Tournament Fighters, until you play either Karai or Rat King. I heard Donatello had some invulnerability frames in his "tornado."

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Just so everyone from out of state knows, Wichita has always ran a 5 stage, stage strike. At least from my knowledge. Regardless of whether you want 5 or 7, you have to understand that this tournament is being held in, well, Wichita, Kansas. I think it'd be ridiculous for us to change the way Inferno and Affinity run their tournaments now, especially since they run them pretty efficiently.

The only argument I really read to keep the 7 stage, stage strike was Amazing Ampharos' and his argument just looked like whining to me. No offense, but the five stages that are left are the flattest and "fairest" maps in the game. These five stages don't really do anything to hinder GW to where he wouldn't be played.

You also have to understand that your argument can be used in reverse. The two stages taken off that benefited GW, I think were Halberd and Lylat which are not fair to all of the cast. Halberd gives benefits to characters that kill off the top (GW being one of them) and then Lylat ***** so many of the cast's recovery (GW not being one of them). So basically, your argument was simply, "Run a 7 stage, stage strike so I can counter pick people match one." At least, that was my impression.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
flattest and fairest. says the diddy main. yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah
Lylat Cruise is my favorite Stage. I will pick Battlefield over FD or SV almost any day.

I have nothing to say about Halberd. It's just a stage I'll use unless it gives someone else an advantage.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Most OOS players traveling to this request 5 stages. That should be reason enough to stick with 5 stages.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
says the guy who kept saying to everyone at oh snap lets just skip to FD? :confused:
Catch phrase. I always say, "This TV needs more Bananas" or "This TV needs more FD".
Simple because FD has immediately become associated with Diddy Kong. If I said, "Just go to Battlefield" I would sound like a Meta Knight main and etc.

Most OOS players traveling to this request 5 stages. That should be reason enough to stick with 5 stages.
Yes.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I'm bringing pie. And I'm only sharing with cool people.

I'm going to work on providing housing for OOSers who are going to need it. At this point in time, housing is looking like you will either be staying at my place again, or we might be able to get permission to lock you in at the venue overnight.

C-Phonics

Smash Rookie

It's Back! Kansas hosts smash for our friends in the Southwest and Midwest!

Saturday October 24th
Wichita, KS

Venue And Start Time:

Wichita, Kansas
3151 Penstemon St

Upstairs of the Northrock Theater in Wichita. We have massive room and can do pretty much whatever we want with it. We'll be updating this topic with pictures of the floor space as soon as we can just to give everyone an idea of what it looks like.

http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww69/affinity2412_temp/0819091445a.jpg
http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww69/affinity2412_temp/0819091445b.jpg
http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww69/affinity2412_temp/0819091446.jpg
http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww69/affinity2412_temp/0819091447.jpg
http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww69/affinity2412_temp/0819091445.jpg

Start time is currently 9am for Registration with the tournament starting at 10.

Entry Fees:

* $10 Entry for Singles

* $5 Venue Fee (Waved if you bring a setup)

* $5 Entry for Teams ($10 per team)

* NO REFUNDS!!! It messes up the pot amount.

Prizes:

* 60/30/10 Pot Split

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Double Elimination

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and grand finals are best of 3 matches. All finals are best of 5.

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Meta Knight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned. Anyone caught using it to lengthen the distance of Dimensional Cape will automatically lose that game to their opponent.

* If the game ends with a suicide, the winner will be determined by percentage. This includes Swallow-cides, Ganon-cides, Wario-cide, and Bowser's Koopa Claw.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

Additional Rules for Double's Play

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

Stage List​

Neutral Stages

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokémon Stadium 1 (Melee)

Counter-Pick

Lylat Cruise
Delphino Plaza
Castle Siege
Halberd
Brinstar
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

_____________________________________________​

Side Events:

Blazblue
Tekken 5: DR
Street Fighter 4
Melee
and maybe even more!

One of the events we'll be holding is a "terrible fighters" tournament in which participants will compete in some of the worst fighting games ever made, all for the right of playing Shaq Fu in Grand Finals. My God.​

Concessions will be available at the venue, but plenty of restaurants and QuikTrip are right next door as well, and outside food and drink are allowed.

For questions please call either me or Affinity at one of these numbers:

Affinity________(316) 390-4741
The Real Inferno____(316) 522-2788

Concerning the Championship: I'll be updating more of that info here soon. Basically due to a -wide- point spread, it's practically anyone's game to take the championship and all the money. The Circuit points will be worth -DOUBLE- the usual so keep that in mind. Just because you weren't in the running before, you can still win provided you place high enough
sounds like the **** i'll b there

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
They say that Michelangelo is top tier in a Spanish tier list. I don't know why, though.
You're thinking of Raphael. He's the only character in the game with all favorable match-ups.

Here's that tier list (excludes secret characters):

Top Tier
Raphael
Armageddon

Upper Mid Tier
Michelangelo
Donatello
Wingnut

Mid Tier
Shredder
Chrome Dome
Leonardo

Low Tier
Aska
War

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
You're thinking of Raphael. He's the only character in the game with all favorable match-ups.
Don is my favorite out of the four. If they included the secret characters, then this is what the tier list would look like.

Broken Tier
Mr. Doom
Kansas
Karai
Rat King

Top Tier
Meta Knight
Raphael
Armageddon

Upper Mid Tier
Michelangelo
Donatello
Wingnut

Mid Tier
Shredder
Chrome Dome
Leonardo

Low Tier
Aska
War

Bottom Tier
Anyone who doesn't live in Kansas.

cirozombie

Smash Rookie
I'll come to this, not that I matter. But it's ****ing Smash and it's local, which is awesome for me. Plus Blazblue and that's epic win.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Cameron, you might as well take Luigi's Mansion off the stage list.

From the looks of the poll, it's not gonna be legal.

Top Bottom